Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
GRKIDDO Offline
#61 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2012 5:04:43 PM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 38 post(s)
HI everyone! Has been a crazy few weeks! Summers are always running here and there, but this summer seems to be a lot of busy work! That on top of I recently lost all of my email contacts AGAIN
We are prepping for my DD"s carnival party which is next Sunday. We are making all of the carnival games so that is taking up a lot of time. We also had a yard slae here last Sat. That was a lot of work, but well worth it! I listed some items on Craig's List and got a pretty good response from it! One lady came all the way from Allentown! That is about an hour or maybe even further away from me! We sold A LOT of kids clothes, toys and baby furniature. And I cleared out some more items from my craft room, so I was happy. It's also nice since I dont work for the summer for the extra cash. Sad to say, but we made more then I make in 4 weeks at my real job!!!
But anyway hubby is off this week so he can help me witht he carnival games. And we are supposed to go crabbing in NJ this coming week. Well, that is if we get the carnival games done in time! I can't believe in just 4 days my little girl is going to be 9!!! *sniff sniff*

Okay so here's the cards I received recently:

JeanP - all 3 months
Jefurr32 - July
MaryR - July
Noahsarkgirl - July

Edited by user Saturday, July 28, 2012 5:11:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GRKIDDO Offline
#62 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2012 5:06:46 PM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Originally Posted by: SheriKins Go to Quoted Post
Just checking in. I am running a little behind. Trying to find my son a house to relocate (who graduated college rom across the state) and the other son got married last week. I have had too much this month. I will try to finish them up tonight and mail tomorrow. If not at the lastest going postal Monday. Sorry for the inconvience :(

No worries! I have a busy week too! Thanks for the heads up!
geemommy Offline
#63 Posted : Wednesday, August 01, 2012 11:32:51 PM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 135 post(s)
Just wanted to let you know that my cards did go out yesterday finally. Unfortunately, my mom was trying to help and took them to the post office for me... she sent them by surface mail. The post office tells her 4 - 10 business days, but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes 2 weeks! Sad Sorry for the delay!!
Mary R. Offline
#64 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2012 4:06:09 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Hi all,

Just checking in, I finished the August Flower topper swap; I can't drive for six weeks and need someone to take to the post office; so, I'll let you when the day they are mailed which I promise will be well before 8/31st.

Hope everyone is safe and cool during this crazy summer weather.

Best, Mary R.
GRKIDDO Offline
#65 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2012 5:42:23 PM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

HI everyone! i survived the birthday party but have been in back pain all week. I need to remind myself I am not as young as I used to be!
Cards arrived for Marcia, Sherikins and geemommy. These all are postal, although I will warn you our mail is still messed up! It took 3 weeks for my DD's invites to go 10 miles!!!!
With my back issues I did not take photos, I had to get them swapped out and packaged up as quickly as possible so I could get off my feet. Hope everyone is "okay" with that.

onto August!
 1 user thanked GRKIDDO for this useful post.
geemommy on 8/14/2012(UTC)
GRKIDDO Offline
#66 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2012 6:05:51 PM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

geemommy your inbox is full! please email me at GRKIDDO at Verizon dot net in regards to your postage.
SheriKins Offline
#67 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:32:39 AM(UTC)
SheriKins

Was thanked: 217 time(s) in 196 post(s)
I did better than last month :) Mine went postal yesterday. Yay!
geemommy Offline
#68 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 8:33:02 PM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

Originally Posted by: GRKIDDO Go to Quoted Post
geemommy your inbox is full! please email me at GRKIDDO at Verizon dot net in regards to your postage.

Thanks for letting me know! Just emailed you.
Mary R. Offline
#69 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:10:52 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
RE Themes: July - Due July 31, 2012 - Based on a Sketch -you choose the theme!(Sketch below, see post #6 for GinaK's version)

Hi All,

I just received my package for the above referenced swap and delighted BigGrin to see all the cards. They are great. I enjoy seeing other people's craft, their ideas get my creative juices flowing. I'm a visual crafter seldom have an original idea of my own LOL. Thank you all for the lovely cards and a 'special thank you to Gina T' for hosting this swap. I had so much fun.

Best, Mary R.
SheriKins Offline
#70 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 11:42:41 AM(UTC)
SheriKins

I rec'd my July cards today. They are AWESOME!!! Thank you :)

I dont know about anyone else....by I'm not liking this new website. I have a hard time getting it to go to the sign in page. Then when I finally do get there it does not return me to the page I was on :(
kimcar Offline
#71 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 7:38:28 PM(UTC)
kimcar

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Gina ,
I got the cards yesterday. Why are there only 7 ? one of which is the one I made.

Edited by user Friday, August 17, 2012 7:39:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GRKIDDO Offline
#72 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 6:45:53 AM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Originally Posted by: kimcar Go to Quoted Post
Gina ,
I got the cards yesterday. Why are there only 7 ? one of which is the one I made.

Were they the full cards or the fronts? I am emailing you back!

Did everyone else get 10???

GRKIDDO Offline
#73 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 7:08:51 AM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Jane......
I messaged you back! They are in your envelope with August's by mistake. So sorry about that!Blushing

Everyone did get back one of their own cards in July as we didnt have enough participants this round.
kimcar Offline
#74 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 7:11:53 AM(UTC)
kimcar

Thanks,

Mail them with August. I am anxious to see what people came up with for masculine cards.
GRKIDDO Offline
#75 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2012 1:58:25 PM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Just checking in! I'll be out of town for about a week. In the woods with no internet access...so I'll check in when we get back!
GRKIDDO Offline
#76 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2012 6:43:54 AM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Originally Posted by: Mary R. Go to Quoted Post
RE Themes: July - Due July 31, 2012 - Based on a Sketch -you choose the theme!(Sketch below, see post #6 for GinaK's version)

Hi All,

I just received my package for the above referenced swap and delighted BigGrin to see all the cards. They are great. I enjoy seeing other people's craft, their ideas get my creative juices flowing. I'm a visual crafter seldom have an original idea of my own LOL. Thank you all for the lovely cards and a 'special thank you to Gina T' for hosting this swap. I had so much fun.

Best, Mary R.

Thank You Mary!!!

And Sherikins, I agree...they keep changing the site, and it makes it harder and harder for me to get on as well!!!Glare
noahsarkgirl Offline
#77 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 10:46:00 AM(UTC)
noahsarkgirl

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Just checking in! Can't wait to get the masculine cards back. Need to start working on my black and white ones soon!
GRKIDDO Offline
#78 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 11:31:01 AM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Checking in! We got home from camping to find our kitty very sick. She passed away so it's been very tough here, especially on the kids. With back to school and back to work, I havent had much "free time" at all. I have a mandatory staff meeting this evening so it's going to be another crazy night.I hope to get to finish up this swap tomorrow and get it mailed out Wednesday. Sorry for the delay.
GRKIDDO Offline
#79 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 12:48:41 PM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

I regret that after 4 and a half years of doing this swap, that I will not be continuing it after this round. The interest just isnt there anymore. Also I have a very crazy schedule now with my hubby's schedule changing, and both kids in activities. (Our only "free night" is Friday, and on Friday I teach my classes) I do appreciate all those that participated in this swap over the past 8 rounds (usually 6 months at a time). As soon as September's swap finishes up I will be done with hosting. At least for now. Hostessing takes a lot of work. It may not seem like it, but it does. And with postage shortages happening (not by everyone, but there are usually at least a few a month), and the time it takes to photo, swap, upload, repackage, and send back, I just don't have the time it requires right now. Sometimes people just dont appreciate the amount of time that goes into a swap. It was fun while it lasted, and I appreciate all those who have swapped with me over the years. I have had a great time getting to know most of you via PMs and emails. And I enjoyed seeing how your creativity haa grown over the years! There are some very talented people on these boards!

For this month you will be getting at least 10 new cards, and the rest of your own cards back. I did not keep any cards for myself again this month. I went through my boxes of swaps and found cards which fit the Masculine theme, and I am sending those out to you. I am sure you will be happy with the ones you get back.

Thanks again! Looking forward to seeing September's Black and White cards!

geemommy on 9/11/2012(UTC)
JeanP Offline
#80 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:10:25 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 1002 time(s) in 806 post(s)
I regret that after 4 and a half years of doing this swap, that I will not be continuing it after this round. The interest just isnt there anymore. Also I have a very crazy schedule now with my hubby's schedule changing, and both kids in activities. (Our only "free night" is Friday, and on Friday I teach my classes) I do appreciate all those that participated in this swap over the past 8 rounds (usually 6 months at a time). As soon as September's swap finishes up I will be done with hosting. At least for now. Hostessing takes a lot of work. It may not seem like it, but it does. And with postage shortages happening (not by everyone, but there are usually at least a few a month), and the time it takes to photo, swap, upload, repackage, and send back, I just don't have the time it requires right now. Sometimes people just dont appreciate the amount of time that goes into a swap. It was fun while it lasted, and I appreciate all those who have swapped with me over the years. I have had a great time getting to know most of you via PMs and emails. And I enjoyed seeing how your creativity haa grown over the years! There are some very talented people on these boards!

For this month you will be getting at least 10 new cards, and the rest of your own cards back. I did not keep any cards for myself again this month. I went through my boxes of swaps and found cards which fit the Masculine theme, and I am sending those out to you. I am sure you will be happy with the ones you get back.

Thanks again! Looking forward to seeing September's Black and White cards!

I understand completely Gina!!!! It is a lot of work doing a swap especially one that continues month after month.
You have been a SUPER GREAT hostess in all these cards swaps. Sorry to see you goSad
I will miss doing them but family comes first. Take some much needed time for yourself.
Send me an email now and then and I'll do the sameBigGrin BigGrin

I

GRKIDDO Offline
#81 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:16:23 PM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Thank you Jean! I may hop on here and there and do a swap, but not sure when. I just dont always have the time to come on and check in either, and you KNOW how my computer hates me!!!!Glare I have been considering it for quite some time, but when I realized all the activities the kids are in starting this month, I just can't do it any more. Of course I will email you silly! You can't get rid of me that easily!!!!!!!!BigGrin
JeanP Offline
#82 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:27:15 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 1002 time(s) in 806 post(s)
Thank you Jean! I may hop on here and there and do a swap, but not sure when. I just dont always have the time to come on and check in either, and you KNOW how my computer hates me!!!!Glare I have been considering it for quite some time, but when I realized all the activities the kids are in starting this month, I just can't do it any more. Of course I will email you silly! You can't get rid of me that easily!!!!!!!!BigGrin

LOL LOL LOL

Many more activities as the kids grow older and more running around for Mom!!!

Yes, I do think your computer hates you sometimesBigGrin
Mine is begining to hate me I think. I start typing on one line and when I look up, my words are 4 rows back. No idea why!!!!!!!!!

GRKIDDO Offline
#83 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:31:05 PM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

OKAY...I have been trying for 45 minutes to upload these pictures......Let me try shutting down the computer....
GRKIDDO Offline
#84 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 3:22:43 PM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Ok now it's been 2 hours and I still can't get the pictures loaded. My hubby said he'd take a look at it when he is home tomorrow. At any rate, the photos are on my other computer, I just can't get them to upload to Photobucket. They are heading out in tomorrow's mail and as soon as I have a link for the photos, I will post it.

Just one of the other aggrivations which has led me to my decisions. Confused
GRKIDDO Offline
#85 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 3:30:53 PM(UTC)
GRKIDDO

Okay here we go, I was able to get to it through this computer! And I finally found where the pictures went when I uploaded them!!! GRRR.....maybe I shouldn't have said I hated the computer?

http://s368.photobucket....%20-%20ACM-%20Masculine/
geemommy on 9/13/2012(UTC)
geemommy Offline
#86 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:18:49 PM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

Thanks for posting pictures Gina! I love seeing everyone's creations. I understand that hosting is a lot of work, and I appreciate you doing this for us. But family comes first!

My September black & white cards are coming along, I'm hoping to mail them by next week.

Oh, one last thing... never say you hate the computer... I swear they always take their revenge! Laugh
SheriKins Offline
#87 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 8:37:38 AM(UTC)
SheriKins

I just rec'd the August cards! They are beautiful ladies!! Hopefully I will get started on my September Black and White cards tonight. I have been putting it off trying to figure out what I'm going to make. Also I'm sorry my postage was short I will send extra money to cover my shortage this month. Would you like cash sense you will no longer be hosting? Please let me know. I know we all sure hate to loose you as a host!!
kimcar Offline
#88 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 5:50:43 PM(UTC)
kimcar

Got my cards today! Sorry to read that you are no longer hosting, but I can understand. Enjoy family and life times!!
noahsarkgirl Offline
#89 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:56:07 AM(UTC)
noahsarkgirl

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 68 post(s)
I recieved my masculine cards yesterday! Great job ladies! Love them all!
SheriKins Offline
#90 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 2:50:43 PM(UTC)
SheriKins

Mine went postal today. Tracking #0311-3260-0001-9725-8981