Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

51 Pages«<495051
Larmabee Offline
#1501 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 7:09:36 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Hi everyone!
Still struggling to log on. I get frustrated and just lurk as a guest.
First day of real cold weather today -20 with the wind chill (-4 to most of your guys). Been working on a post it note holder. Will post pictures when I'm done.
Christine Welcome to a really great group of chatty ladies from across the world!
Nancy Nice to have you back. So glad you and your family are safe!
Joy Hope the visit with the in-laws to be went well. I would be so nervous!
Sandra Our school break will run from yesterday (Thurs) to Monday. So I am already half way through. Got most of my chores done, so I am free to "play".
Hello to everyone I missed
Take care
Laura

SandraB. Offline
#1502 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 10:26:51 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 271 time(s) in 230 post(s)
Hi everyone;

Welcome Christine, you have found a wonderful group of gals to chat with here. Glad you and your family are ok after the hurricane. How wonderful of you to want to help out othersThumpUp! I can't even imagine what it would be like being housebound that long with 3 little ones and a puppy. I count my blessings everytime I hear of something awful like this happening that I live here in Alberta,Canada. The worst we usually get is rainstorms or too much snowMellow! I love your invites...what cartridge is that from?

Nancy: so glad you guys are all well. How did the Koi fair in the hurricane? So far, so good for ours outside in the snow

Joy: happy dress shopping and dinner with the future in-laws

Laura: hope your fall break is going well. If this weather doesn't change I see lots more snow shovelling happening for meCursing! We've had a few more cm. fall since I posted the pic last nite. Have fun "playing" the rest of your break.

Home from a hockey game tonite, a crop tomorrow and another game tomorrow evening. Then company for dinner on Sun. Good thing I'm off Mon. & Tues. to get my housework done,LOL!

Take care everyoneBigGrin
AlyaMama Offline
#1503 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:20:19 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Nancy so glad you are ok. I was so worried about you and your family. I opened your link, it's so sad to see all that destruction.

It's so much fun to see the babies grow but sad at the same time. Layla just started crawling on all 4 the other day. She so mobile now. She also pulled herself up to standing in her pack and play yesterday. I wish she would slow down a bit.

Sandra enjoy your time off, relax a bit. you deserve it.

Laura stay warm, those temps sound cold. It just started cooling off here, which is weird for this area. Today it's pretty ugly out, it keeps threatening to rain, so far just drizzle.

Joy enjoy meeting the new inlaws and happy dress shopping. My mom made my dress so no dress shopping and trying on dresses for me, pattern shopping instead. I'm grateful she made it, but would have loved to try them on.

Well, today I'm cleaning up my studio, the recipe swap is tomorrow and I need to pull all the stuff for everyone to choose from. They are paying 10.jd for the month and they get to pick from my stash. I'm not trying to make money on the deal, just pay for my supplies. Anyway, take care.

Welcome Christine, I'll tell you about me when I have more time.

Angie

DebbieScraps Offline
#1504 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:27:45 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Nancy, having the before and after shots of the damage was great for showing just how devastating the storm was. It is going to take forever to clean up everything!

Joy, enjoy the wedding shopping, it is great that your two girls can share the preparations, I can understand them each wanting their own weddings though. Will they be bridesmaids for each other?

Dinner at DD's was lovely, she made beef stroganoff - very tasty.

DS has got his drivers license and thinks it is wonderful to be able to drive around everywhere!! the novelty will wear off soon when he has to keep paying for fuel!! I just hope he will always drive safe! None of his friends have their drivers license yet so he is designated taxi driver.

DD fell down the stairs at work about six weeks ago, badly sprained both ankles and was badly bruised down the whole of one side. the one ankle is still so swollen, she keeps it strapped up but it really does not look good. She really did a good job of it.

The shops here are playing Christmas carols already, the shop assistants are going to be so sick of carols by the time Christmas arrives!

NJsharon Offline
#1505 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 5:59:42 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 404 time(s) in 243 post(s)
Good morning!

Nancy, I was so worried about you! So glad you are okay, but cannot imagine having no power for that long! We survived 3 full days without power & that was long enough for us!

Can't remember if I posted this to you all too, but we now have gas rationing in NJ. I needed gas yesterday & I have an even numbered car & so can only fill up on even numbered days. So filled up while still in PA. Bit more expensive, but at least I could fill my car up on an odd numbered day.

Saw NY has adopted the odd/even gas rationing now too.

Christine, welcome to the chatty group! Where abouts in Middlesex are you? I used to live in Somerset, so not too far from there. Now I am in Flemington (Hunterdon county). We were lucky we only lost power for 3 days & no damage to our house! Can't imagine not having power with 3 boys & a puppy too!

Had a great vacation in VA with my Mum. Now back home, going to enjoy the weekend & then she leaves on monday. The time has just flown by!

I hope I don't get in trouble with my work/school. As I had booked 2 days off for this past week & booked subs for them. But it turned into having 5 days off from school! They were meant to be closed on tuesday, thursday & friday. But because of missing so many days from the hurricane, they opened school those days! I e-mailed my supervisor & CC the principal too, explaining I was away & just found out. Apologized & booked subs to cover me. Not much I could do. Didn't want to waste my vacation I had paid for to come back early!

Go back to work on monday, so hoping for the best!

joyfullycrafting Offline
#1506 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 7:55:03 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1448 time(s) in 1154 post(s)
Hi all.

Welcome, Christene!

It is COLD. Nice and sunny, but cold.

Sharon, that is too bad about school!

And Debbie, hopefully your DD heals correctly. Poor thing.

Angie, DH was looking at pictures of our girls last night. They do grow so quickly. And then marry!

I know I will making bridesmaids dresses, and we will see about wedding dresses. For Kate, one of the bridesmaids will be quite pregnant.

Time to start getting ready for our big day! And Megan wants me to hightlight her hair on top of everything else!
PedalPower Offline
#1507 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:39:46 AM(UTC)
PedalPower

Was thanked: 1571 time(s) in 934 post(s)
Hi girls....gorgeous sunny day in my neck of the woods. We all slept in today, guess we were wiped out from our week. DS has a basketball game this afternoon. We're going to be working out in the yard until then. I'm hoping this is the last time I will need to mow this year. Fingers crossed.

I've made a bunch of Christmas cards this week. One of my clients wiped me out of nearly every type of card I have but Easter cards. Are bunnies appropriate for birthdays? Ha!!!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1508 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:34:16 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1281 time(s) in 996 post(s)
Ok I am on my lap top and it took forever to load.. first I thought it was the desktop..

Maybe I will start a new chat thread I think we are on 52 pages.

We did a big load of shopping this morning we were out of the house by 8am and there were other people that had the same idea.

We had to restock everything because they said even having a generator the condiments going from cold to luke warm and back and forth to get rid of everything. So our refrigerator was spotless clean and empty.

I think once we eat the food in the basement freezer I will no longer buy in bulk. It doesn't pay for the 2 of us to have so much meat and veggies on hand when we could walk to a local store Trader's Joe's for one or two things and drive 1/2 mile to the supermarkets.

So that is our goal to clean out the basement freezer and just use my big fridge and freezer I have upstairs.

Beautiful day here today believe it or not high 60's Spring like day.
They still haven't made any attempts to clean all the streets with all the trees down and limbs. Wonder how long that will take.

Sharon.. as of yesterday odd even days for gas fill up. They did this back in 1973 and it worked out fine. Hope Monday in school they don't give you a hard time.

Sandra.. I am so jealous you always have a crop to go to Enjoy. KOI were fine DH really tacked everything down. One of the workers who came to fix the electric wires didn't realize what he was walking on until the ponding netting started sinking into the pond. I can't believe he didn't realize their was a pond there!!!! My DH said if you don't get off now you will be underwater!

Joy..how fun making the bridesmaid dresses. Did you meet the in laws??

Laura... so cold already... Please share I have some childrens christmas cards to share

Angie.. glad Adam's B-day party went well your your recipe swap.
Hard to believe how fast the babies grow

Abigail started eating rice ceral today and Patty said she loved it. Little messy at times but she ate it all and was so excited kicking her feet.

So by Monday when I have her she should be a Pro at eating

Went to Babies R Us and bought Abigail Einstein Baby Bouncer so cute lots of nice music and 25 activities for her to play with

In her jumper at home she squels (sp) so loud

For all you teachers forgive my spelling LOL

Have a good day/night

Tonight I will CLOSE this Thread and start a new one maybe easier getting on
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1509 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:40:54 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Just read the MB will be down for maintance Sunday 11pm until 3am

So might be a good idea to start a new thread tonight
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1510 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 1:08:58 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Abigail checking out some pumpkins
lv2scrap02 attached the following image(s):
lumix 226.jpg
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1511 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 1:13:56 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Sandra since you changed your avatar do you remember what the setting were for the size of the photo??

I would like to put Abby's photo instead of Max!! poor Max
riosfamily018a3f9bc3 Offline
#1512 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 2:18:53 PM(UTC)
riosfamily018a3f9bc3

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thanks for the warm welcome! Nancy the size for the avatar is 125x125, i added mine when i saw everyone else with cute avatars! I'll change to my boys pics once i get my external drive from the safe place I put it in so it would not get damaged in the storm...i hope I find it soon...

@NJSharon - I'm in Spotswood, my friend lives in Lebanon township, which I think is close to Flemington.

It's quiet here; hubby went to NYC to the cemetery to visit his mom's gravesite. He has not been there since the funeral 5 years ago! I gave him some space and stayed home with the boys so he could share this moment with his brothers and sister. Hope this helps him heal.

I think I will cut some turkeys with the free cut of the week! I just decided to host Thanksgiving again! Now that I have the Cricut, there will be cut outs all over the place!!! Like cleaning and cooking is not enough!

Sandra, I used the Craft Room Basics butterfly and then used two circles and welded them and distorted for the butterfly body. I used my Sizzix for the dry embossing and used Jim Hotlz Alterations Burlap and Swirls. And it just so happens that the baby shower is supposed to be next Saturday and my friend is in the hospital with pre-eclampsia(hope i spelled it right). So i'm sitting here biting my nails, i think i'm packing the boys in the car and heading to the hospital to bring them a camera! Prayers please...

OK...i think the boys are doing something upstairs, i hear things dropping and rolling on the floor...better go check before they destroy something.

bye for now..

Larmabee Offline
#1513 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 3:24:45 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Good afternoon all
Keeping busy today! DD had a last minute sleep over. We had mexican lasagna for supper (uses tortillas instead of noodles, also has corn and beans in it). Turned out well. Finished one post it holder and DH says they are good enough to sell, so I am working on a couple more. Also trying a new bun recipe. My old one makes about 7 dozen buns and I didn't feel like doing that much! So i found a air bun recipe, makes only about 3 doz. Laundry is doing its thin and I am on the message board!
Angie The recipe swap sounds like fun. You could turn that service into a little business on its own. Have you received any more orders for decorations?
Pedal I'll say it again - You are a card making machine!! Enjoy your weather before it is gone.
Christine Sounds like your little "angels" keep you busy! I have 2 very active dogs outside, that are always escaping. They are enough for me!
Debbie Make use of your new driver while he still enjoys it! Hope your DD will heal quickly. Those deep bruises can take a long time.
Luv go ahead and start us a new page. This one is a bit long. That is a very nice picture of Abby. I love kid and pumpkin pictures.
Take care - talk to you all soon!
Laura

Larmabee Offline
#1514 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 3:26:42 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Forgot to attach the picture of the holder. This is for a 3x5 pad. How much do you think I should sell this size for?
Larmabee attached the following image(s):
IMG_0457.JPG
IMG_0458.JPG
DebbieScraps Offline
#1515 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 6:26:30 PM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Originally Posted by: Larmabee Go to Quoted Post
Forgot to attach the picture of the holder. This is for a 3x5 pad. How much do you think I should sell this size for?

these look great, am sure they will sell well but have no idea what price you could ask :)
DebbieScraps Offline
#1516 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 6:31:53 PM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Nancy, it won't be the same without Max's avatar LOL LOL LOL LOL How will we find you!

Joy, have the girls set any colour scheme yet?

Sharon, fuel rationing, that brings back lots of memories!!!!!!

Sonya, looking forward to seeing what you create, great that your card stash got cleared out, great excuse to make more!

Angie, babies grow so fast, can't believe how big Layla is already.

Hi to everyone else, sorry, I did read everything but have forgotten all that I wanted to comment on and have run out of time again to go back and reread, need to get ready for a big cooked breakfast and then Jet is going to have a bath and then I have stamp club, busy day.
SandraB. Offline
#1517 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 11:41:36 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 271 time(s) in 230 post(s)
Hi everyone;
Late getting on tonite...tried to help hubby install his games on his upgraded computer. It's got Windows 7 on it, quite different from XP. My crop was fun, got 4 pages almost completed and a couple others half done. Hockey game was good...another win for the good guysBigGrin

Nancy: Abigail's pic is so cute. Glad the Koi survived the whole ordeal

Joy: hope the dinner and dress shopping went well

Debbie: yes, once ds has to start buying his own gas and all, things will slow down. Hope dd ankle heals ok

Sharon: hope things are ok with you at school, I'm sure they will understand. Can't believe your mom is heading home already! I sure wouldn't do well with gas rationing and all

Sonja: boy, do you ever get the cards done

Laura: your holders are so cute, not sure what they would sell for though

Christine: hope things went well with your dh trip to the cemetary Thanks for the info on the cart. Hope things are ok with your friend

Angie: hope your recipe exchange goes well

Take care everyoneBigGrin

Edited by user Saturday, November 10, 2012 11:42:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1518 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:04:55 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

OK Debbie you are right no one would pick up on Abby's Avatar so I will keep Max

CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED NEW NEW THREAD