Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MM33 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2012 1:58:18 PM(UTC)
MM33

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I hope i explain this right. when i plug in my gypsy and go to cut it says i'm not connected, when i am. I called support and have had the usb cord replaced, it didn't help. I had my gypsy replaced because it wasn't charging properly, i was told i might need to update my cricut create it is working at 1.54 but when i tried to update using the gypsy it gave me the same message that i wasn't connected. So it was suggested i use CCR. i download it plugged my cricut in to my computer and opened CCR. Nothing happens, it doesnt start an update or say i need to update. I'm i missing something? Did i mess something up along the way? I should mention i can still use the create without the gypsy,but i really would like to get back to using the gypsy.
i tried to get the create to read the sync program but it says im not connected. At this point i am very confused and frustratedAngry
MelissaStade Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, June 01, 2012 3:56:42 AM(UTC)
MelissaStade

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 23 post(s)
So Sorry you are having this problem. I can't believe provocraft didn't explain this to you when you called support. They are having problem with the create and gypsy working together. "what you really need to do is:" downloand the design studio trial and update (or back date in this case) you create to the 1.54 version. Then your create will work again on it's own. The current update is useless. It won't work with the Gypsy,CCR or even on it's own with the "new" update.

I am currently trying to sell my create because of this problem. I plan to get the cricut mini to relace it.
fortsmith3ec622811 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 8:47:34 AM(UTC)
fortsmith3ec622811

Exact same thing happened to me after I updated my Gypsy when I purchased the Flower Shoppe cartridge. Apparently when I first called Provocraft several weeks ago, they didn't realize the problem existed, so they sent me a new Cricut and then when that didn't work, sent me a new cord to attach the Cricut to the Gypsy. I called back today after receiving the cord to advise them that the cord didn't work either...that is when the Provocraft person told me of the problem between the Cricut Create and the Gypsy. Hopefully the glitch can be fixed very soon as I really want to use my Gypsy/Cricut! I had given all of my cartridges to my daughter when I got my Gypsy, so will be retrieving some of those to use for now!
fortsmith3ec622811 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 8:49:30 AM(UTC)
fortsmith3ec622811

P.S. I do have to say that the Provocraft reps were all very very nice and tried to help me.
TammyPuckett Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 9:27:39 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 222 post(s)
Melissa, spend a little extra money & go ahead and buy the Expression! It is a much more versatile machine!
MelissaStade Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2012 2:49:06 PM(UTC)
MelissaStade

Very happy to say that provo craft has just released an update for CCR and Firmware for create that fix's all issues. Iam a happy girl again.
 1 user thanked MelissaStade for this useful post.
mandys on 6/8/2012(UTC)
mandys Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2012 8:50:12 AM(UTC)
mandys

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 136 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MelissaStade Go to Quoted Post
Very happy to say that provo craft has just released an update for CCR and Firmware for create that fix's all issues. Iam a happy girl again.

Is this true! Will I finally be able to cut from my create again with carts/CCR or gypsy!? Must try when I get home tonight.
MelissaStade Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2012 10:21:09 AM(UTC)
MelissaStade

I first updated CCR to version 1.51 hoping it would fix the problems with the creat and also have the linking for the gypsy. (Still waiting for gypsy linking.) I then hooked up my create to my computer and it said I need to update my firmware to v1.61. It was a little scary but it was already not working so how much worse could it get at this point. Then I used it to cut and it worked!!!! I then hooked my gypsy up to the create and it worked also. I did update my "data" on my gypse as I had bought a new cart but I didn't update the firmware.

Good luck I hope it works for you.
acharlycard Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2012 4:40:33 PM(UTC)
acharlycard

I also have problems
with the gypsy and create, having to toggle between two different versions of firmware. I was told that a new update for the gypsy that came out a couple days ago should fix the problem. I think I did the same thing as Melissa but it didn't work. With the new update to the gypsy, my create will cut with the gypsy, but freezes up when I put on a cartridge. Any hints? Should I exchange the create for an expression machine?

After looking at Melissa's sequence, she plugged the create to the computer to update? I did it through the gypsy, wonder it that would make a difference. Hope it works!

Edited by user Friday, June 08, 2012 5:55:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MelissaStade Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2012 5:07:32 AM(UTC)
MelissaStade

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So after using my create a couple of time before I left for my weekend it worked fine. Went away for my scrap weekend got all set up, used it about 5 times and then all I got was an error message saying that the gypsy and lost contact with the createe and I would need to update. Why on earth would this happen? It had been working fine for days. Why would it suddenly stop?

Anyhow I am really really pissed! I can't understand why provocraft is having so much trouble.

Provocraft I hope you read this. Maybe instead of suing the guy who made sure cuts alot you should have hired him, because he obviously knows how to program computers. You make MILLIONS of dollars and need to hire someone who can get the job done. Instead of focusing on a lot of machine that can do alot of things. You should concentrate on making one great machine that works.

Just my opinion. I have alot of money tied up in this product to just throw it out and start buying something new. Not really sure what I will do for now. i have my expression that I will continue to use. I am just very grateful that my sister-in-law had the original bug with her and I was able to use that.
SherryBarnes1 Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:28:45 AM(UTC)
SherryBarnes1

Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 202 post(s)
Same problems for me :( I sold my Imagine awhile ago for the same reason. Works great then they do an update & it would not work...sooo frustrating.
Mercy Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:31:25 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
If the problem is with a Create, then please know that some of the Creates are having issues and once the G is updated passed a certain build, until PC releases a fix, the odds are that your G and Create will not be able to play nice together.

The Create can be rolled back to a lower firmware so it can be used in the full version of CDS or standalone. To roll back your Create, click the below link, go to Section 10 (Roll Back A Cricut's Firmware) and follow the instructions. Let us know the outcome.

http://main.cricut.com/c...2_posts.aspx#post435672
Rachelsmum Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2012 12:56:04 PM(UTC)
Rachelsmum

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 20 post(s)
The Create can be rolled back to a lower firmware so it can be used in the full version of CDS or standalone. To roll back your Create, click the below link, go to Section 10 (Roll Back A Cricut's Firmware) and follow the instructions. Let us know the outcome.

http://main.cricut.com/c...2_posts.aspx#post435672
[/quote]

The link doesn't work Confused

xxsue