Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Abbeysmom Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 12:14:08 PM(UTC)
Abbeysmom

Groups: Registered

I am selling my Gypsy to my friend. I do have about 20 carts on it. What do you think is a fair price. It is new and I just never used it.
I do have the image now. TIA
~tallulah~ Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:07:42 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
i don't know but you do know that you can't weld and stuff with the imagine and you can with the g and then (soon i heard) you can use the g with the imagine?

since you already have it i'd sure keep it and at least try it with the imagine.

otherwise maybe think of the carts as used, maybe $15 a piece? and the g at $125. that's an awful lot of $$ and i'm afraid i wouldn't pay that for one. i doubt you or anyone really) will get their $$ out of a gypsy that has carts on it.
ladybugstamper Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 9:15:13 PM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Hi!
I agree with what Talulah said, although I think $15 is a bit low for the cartridges, considering you're giving her the cartridges and the Gypsy. You'd have to rebuy all those cartridges to use with the Imagine. PC will make the Gypsy work with the Imagine with the October update so that will be your welding, hide contour, etc. features. There isn't anything to make DS and the Imagine talk to each other in the near future.

I also agree that a loaded Gypsy would be pricey to sell. Have you found anything comparable on e-bay to give you a starting point.
Larkspur Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 9:38:26 PM(UTC)
Larkspur

United States

Was thanked: 2475 time(s) in 1731 post(s)
ladybugstamper wrote:
Hi!
I agree with what Talulah said, although I think $15 is a bit low for the cartridges, considering you're giving her the cartridges and the Gypsy. You'd have to rebuy all those cartridges to use with the Imagine. PC will make the Gypsy work with the Imagine with the October update so that will be your welding, hide contour, etc. features. There isn't anything to make DS and the Imagine talk to each other in the near future.
I also agree that a loaded Gypsy would be pricey to sell. Have you found anything comparable on e-bay to give you a starting point.

Which is the main reason I won't be buying the I
Chiddy Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 10:02:26 AM(UTC)
Chiddy

Was thanked: 153 time(s) in 78 post(s)
I personally wouldn't part with my Gypsy no matter what the price! The features it has like welding, positioning cuts on your mat, hide selected contour, and storage of your cartridge content so you can design and cut anywhere are just too good for me to give up! I'd probably charge an arm and a leg if I ever chose to sell it, so it would be priceless.

Your friend could probably find a new Gypsy for around $100 without the 20 cartridges loaded onto it. Are you willing to give up those cartridges and the Gypsy features?
~tallulah~ Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 11:34:56 AM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
Chiddy wrote:
The features it has like welding, positioning cuts on your mat, hide selected contour, and storage of your cartridge content so you can design and cut anywhere are just too good for me to give up!

i agree...the imagine doesn't have these features and when the g is updated to work with it then it will.
~AmyS~ Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:10:56 PM(UTC)
~AmyS~

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3224 time(s) in 1366 post(s)
You are selling her the Gypsy with 20 carts loaded AND the physical carts as well - Correct??

A fair price which would put you at a bit of a loss, would be $300. A more appropriate price would be $475-500

This is provided she receives the physical cartridges as well.

Figure

Gypsy = $100 used
20 carts = $20 each used (and also depends on which carts they are)

equals $500

If you are thinking about selling the G preloaded and keeping the carts, please know that this violates the EULA that you agreed too, also if she were to purchase it and something happen to the G, she will need your carts to reload them onto the G. Also, you will never be able to load those carts onto another G.
(If, BIG IF, I were doing that, I might sell it for $250. Depends on how good a friend and how trustworthy and how much trouble I really want to mess with)

Another option, if you want to keep your carts - have her buy all the carts you currently have loaded and give them to you and trade out the Gypsy, loaded carts, and $75-100.

Edited by user Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:15:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified