Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CupcakeKiller702 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, June 01, 2012 10:35:49 AM(UTC)
CupcakeKiller702

Groups: Registered

Due to some computer issues, I recently uninstalled my Cricut Expression 2. Upon trying to re-install it, I immediately got this message below, and I am now stuck. How to I get my machine up and running again? It's probably an easy solution, but something I am missing.

"Sorry, and error has occured. The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."

Edited by user Friday, June 01, 2012 10:37:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, June 01, 2012 6:00:25 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
I would "wipe out" what was previously installed.

Go to the CONTROL PANEL and find the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS. This will bring up a list of programs on your computer at this time. Find the CRICUT EXPRESSION 2 heading and REMOVE it.

After it says FINISHED, reboot your computer.

Now, you can start your re-install of your Expression 2. I think if you didn't remove it before you re-installed, everything is writing over the other and things are getting a little jumbled.* (*see below: I would do thise things before you reboot, if you have never done these things in a long time; if you do them regularly, don't worry about doing this).

*While you're at it, you might do these things to clean out what has been going on recently in your computer (or since the last time you did these types of maintenance):

Go to TOOLS while you're on the internet and CLEAR BROWSING HISTORY. I checkmark all that's there and delete all the history. This is only getting rid of temporary files you don't really need staying on your computer forever.

I further clean out temporary files by doing this:

Go to START (usually on left corner of your computer and click on RUN. Type these five things in one at a time and SELECT ALL and DELETE the temporary files in all:

1. %temp%
2. prefetch
3. temp
4. cookies
5. cleanmgr

If some of these things won't allow you to delete them, then don't. I am unable to delete cookies in this area of my newer computer, but I can delete them in my other two computers.

HTH.

Char

mhookland69decc94 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 7:18:10 PM(UTC)
mhookland69decc94

I have the same issue and followed your directions. It still says the same error message.
CricutGena Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 8:20:49 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello! I can recommend giving customer service a call at 877-7cricut. we may be able to assist you. What program are you trying to install?

-Cricut Gena
jlfilyawb1b22654 Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:19:32 PM(UTC)
jlfilyawb1b22654

I have installed the CCR pluged and turned on the original cricut install the drivers and then when i cut it takes forever to load the mat and cut my design from the free CCR and takes forever to unload the mat again. sometimes it works great no probs and then turn around it wont work and dont have the patiences for this.

Also, sometimes it will find my cartridges and sometimes it wont find my cartridges.

after a couple times of trying to cut...my laptop screen went blue and was saying something about a crash dump.... Unsure

Any advice??
CricutGena Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:39:51 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello! It may help to know what the minimum requirements are. Here is the list of requirements for you:
Windows
•Intel® Pentium® III 1GHz or faster processor; Intel Pentium 4 2GHz or faster
•Microsoft® Windows® XP Home, or Professional with service pack 3 (including 64-bit editions); Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64-bit editions) with Service Pack 2; or Windows 7 (including 64-bit editions)
•512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
•Available USB Port

Mac OS
•Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
•Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6, v10.7
•512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
•Available USB Port

Display
•Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution

Software
•Internet Explorer 9.0, Firefox, Safari
•Flash 10.3 and up
•Adobe AIR 2.7 and up

Internet
•Broadband connection (Satellite broadband and dial up are not supported)
•1.5 Mbps Downstream, 896 Kbps Upstream
•Free Cricut.com account

I hope that this helps!

-Cricut Gena