Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

mrsvickiturner2ad72c7e Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 09, 2012 6:31:45 AM(UTC)
mrsvickiturner2ad72c7e

Groups: Registered

I am thinking of purchasing a previously owned gypsy but don't know if I can "re-register" it since the first owner has already registered it? Do you know if that would work okay with CCR too? If I understand correctly you don't have to link cartridges to the gypsy but can just link them to CCR first and then turn around and link to gypsy second? Does anyone know if that is right? My daughter and I both use the Expression and Expression 2 I have and I want her to still be able to play with cartridges on CCR even if I get a gypsy. Will that work?
gcmcevoy Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 7:46:07 AM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
I think if you are buying a used gypsy you can call PC with the other persons info and they will switch it for you. I think the only real reason you would want to do that is if G that all the carts are supposed to come with it if they have been linked to it ( a lot of people don't do thisSad ). the reason for this is if you ever have to do a reset on your G, You will need to link up those carts again and the serial number is already encoded on to the Gypsy so you need that exact cart.
I am not really sure how the craft room works with the Gypsy. I did buy a digital cart from PC and it was loaded from craft room on to my G. I am not sure how to do it with a physical cart on to the craft room then back to the gypsy.Hum.
Hope that helps a little.
 1 user thanked gcmcevoy for this useful post.
mrsvickiturner2ad72c7e on 6/10/2012(UTC)
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 7:03:19 PM(UTC)
mrsvickiturner2ad72c7e

BigGrin Thank you so much for the info! Every bit helps!
BeckyDay1 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 5:40:57 AM(UTC)
BeckyDay1

be sure to call provo craft. My gypsy is dead after loading their download. Look to other posts on this issue. I called and asked about buying a used one and they said the only way to redo my serial number to another gypsy is to buy a new one only. Please read other issues on this subject. Please call. Provo craft has always been very good with taking care of problems before but this time I think they are overwhelmed. Alot of gypsy's are dead and no one is even selling new ones. Unless you want to pay over 300.00 for one. Be careful
#5 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 6:58:00 PM(UTC)
mrsvickiturner2ad72c7e

Thanks! I plan to try to get Provocraft tomorrow!
Mercy Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:55:10 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
I agree, call PC prior to buying a used G. If you called PC, what was the outcome?

I am thinking that if you link a cart to CCR, the cart will not be on the used G because the G is not linked to your cricut.com account. In order for that to work, the G has to have the same cricut.com account as the used G if registered, will be listed under another cricut.com account. Therefore, it should not work.
jvp Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2012 6:55:29 PM(UTC)
jvp

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
here is what I know as I was in your situation as I got a used gypsy from a friend....if the gypsy is not registered to you and you link cartridges to ccr and expect them to then be linked to your gypsy next time they sync up...they won't. You need to call pc and get the gypsy registered in your name (which they happily did for me) and registered to your cricut.com account and then it should all work good. GL!!
Mercy Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 8:58:53 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: jvp Go to Quoted Post
here is what I know as I was in your situation as I got a used gypsy from a friend....if the gypsy is not registered to you and you link cartridges to ccr and expect them to then be linked to your gypsy next time they sync up...they won't. You need to call pc and get the gypsy registered in your name (which they happily did for me) and registered to your cricut.com account and then it should all work good. GL!!

How long ago was it when PC registered the used G to your account?
#9 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2012 5:46:45 AM(UTC)
mrsvickiturner2ad72c7e

Thanks for all the info everyone. I registered the Gypsy I purchased on cricut.com last week and that worked fine because the original owner had never registered it. I called Provocraft and they said that if I link my cartridges first to my CCR account and then plug in my Gypsy that I can link my cartridges to my gypsy. That way they will be available to use in both of them. I haven't had a chancne to try it yet but hope to this week.
Mercy Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2012 8:09:36 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: mrsvickiturner2ad72c7e Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for all the info everyone. I registered the Gypsy I purchased on cricut.com last week and that worked fine because the original owner had never registered it. I called Provocraft and they said that if I link my cartridges first to my CCR account and then plug in my Gypsy that I can link my cartridges to my gypsy. That way they will be available to use in both of them. I haven't had a chancne to try it yet but hope to this week.

Thanks for the update and we are glad that the previous owner never registered the G in her name which gave you the ability to put it in your name. Did they say what would have happened if the G was registered in the previous owner's name?

Once your carts are linked via CCR, you do not have to link them again to your G because all you would have to do is connect your G to C Sync and your carts should be unlocked on your G.
DonnaMcCourt Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:50:47 AM(UTC)
DonnaMcCourt

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
My Gypsy died a few months ago. I called Provocraft and specifically asked them about buying a used Gypsy. They said that they cannot re-serialize a Gypsy that has been registered to someone else (EULA violations). If you've already linked your cartridges to a Gypsy, you would not be able to link them to a used Gypsy. Luckily, I was able to purchase a new Gypsy right before the price skyrocketed and they became so hard to find. I LOVE Love my Gypsy!
Mercy Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:00:28 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: DonnaMcCourt Go to Quoted Post
My Gypsy died a few months ago. I called Provocraft and specifically asked them about buying a used Gypsy. They said that they cannot re-serialize a Gypsy that has been registered to someone else (EULA violations). If you've already linked your cartridges to a Gypsy, you would not be able to link them to a used Gypsy. Luckily, I was able to purchase a new Gypsy right before the price skyrocketed and they became so hard to find. I LOVE Love my Gypsy!

That is what I was told as well. Thanks for letting us know.