Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

katsietoo_99383b0d4d Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 09, 2012 5:36:25 PM(UTC)
katsietoo_99383b0d4d

Groups: Registered

I just opened the box containing my Cricut Create, brand new machine! It's so well made, I am really pleased with it's appearance. The problem I am having is I downloaded the Cricut Create CD, but when I tried to use the USB plug that came with the Create, it did not fit!

The USB plug in the Create box is a dual (two) prong plug, but the Create has a single, square (centered) plug. I wrote to Cricut, but wondered if I should just go buy another USB plug. If so, what type do I need to purchase? Thanks for helping!!! :)
kimJ Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 09, 2012 5:51:05 PM(UTC)
kimJ

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 67 post(s)
You should have 2 pieces to the power cord...one that has a "dual" plug as you are describing has a regular plug on one end that plugs into the wall...the dual plug on the other end actually plugs into the into the oblong shaped small black box that should also be in the box. This oblong shaped box has a cord that comes out of it that will plug into the back of your Create in the "round" hole.
katsietoo_99383b0d4d Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 09, 2012 5:58:34 PM(UTC)
katsietoo_99383b0d4d

I am so embarrassed....Blushing

Thank you kim....I should know this after owning computers for years...duhhhhh me...:).

Do I need a special USB cable for the Create? I wonder if the one I have for my computer would work? I have wi-fi, but saved all the cords, and one is a USB cable.

I'm excited to get started! Again, tyvm for your help, and I feel so stooooopid... ;).
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 11:15:07 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7858 time(s) in 3675 post(s)
Originally Posted by: katsietoo_99383b0d4d Go to Quoted Post
I am so embarrassed....Blushing

Thank you kim....I should know this after owning computers for years...duhhhhh me...:).

Do I need a special USB cable for the Create? I wonder if the one I have for my computer would work? I have wi-fi, but saved all the cords, and one is a USB cable.

I'm excited to get started! Again, tyvm for your help, and I feel so stooooopid... ;).

You've probably already worked this out by now, but just in case... The cord you need is an A/B USB cable. The one on your printer is most likely the correct type.