Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CraftyMamaKK Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2012 10:22:27 AM(UTC)
CraftyMamaKK

Groups: Registered

Hi There! :)

I am seriously considering purchasing a Cricut.I would love my first project to be a vinyl monogram decal. I am not firmiliar with the Cricut.I'd like to know- Would I be able to make a vinyl monogram decal with what comes in the Cricut bundle? If not- What would I need to purchase?

Thanks!
CraftyMamaKK attached the following image(s):
Decal.jpg
CraftyMamaKK Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2012 11:11:52 AM(UTC)
CraftyMamaKK

Any response will be greatly appreciated. :)
unregistered Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2012 5:01:18 PM(UTC)
unregistered

Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Do your research BEFORE you buy!

Cricut is cartridge based - so the monograms you see on a lot of things cannot be replicated with the Cricut. You may get something similar, but you have to purchase the cartridges to make them. The very popular monogram font that looks like what you have posted in your pictures is not a cricut item. (I am not saying you can't come up with something similar - but the "Vine" monogram is not available)

There are other cutters out there that will use the fonts on your computer and also other images that you can create on your own or download.

Cricut only cuts from Cricut cartridge - there are TONS of cricut cartridges available though.

Just do your research and see what fits your needs and budget the best.

You can send me message if you want, but any discussion of other brands is not allowed here.
Cricky Chicky Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2012 8:34:55 PM(UTC)
Cricky Chicky

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 34 post(s)
I don't know whats in the Cricut bundle so don't know what cartridges are in it.

But there are tons of beautiful font cartridges that would be suitable for monograms. If you know a creative memories consultant there is one you can buy through them called Divine Wedding. It has a lovely swirly font on it.

So far I haven't found anything that I can't do with my cricut. Good luck with your purchase and I hope you come back and post what you've made.
 1 user thanked Cricky Chicky for this useful post.
scrapalette on 6/23/2012(UTC)
CraftyMamaKK Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 1:03:39 PM(UTC)
CraftyMamaKK

Thanks.I will jump right in and post pictures of all my creations soon! :)
Originally Posted by: Cricky Chicky Go to Quoted Post
I don't know whats in the Cricut bundle so don't know what cartridges are in it.

But there are tons of beautiful font cartridges that would be suitable for monograms. If you know a creative memories consultant there is one you can buy through them called Divine Wedding. It has a lovely swirly font on it.

So far I haven't found anything that I can't do with my cricut. Good luck with your purchase and I hope you come back and post what you've made.

scrapalette Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 1:10:41 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19163 time(s) in 8570 post(s)
You should go to Narelle's blog and download her Cricut Font Reference. She has put together a sample of all the Cricut fonts and what cart they are from. It makes it very easy to choose a font {and buy a cart!}! BigGrin

http://myfaqcricutds.blo...ts-list-updated-for.html
CraftyMamaKK Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 2:07:26 PM(UTC)
CraftyMamaKK

I will do that. :)
I am looking into the Cricut mini. I would have to buy cartridges for the mini correct? I know you can connect it to your computer.

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
You should go to Narelle's blog and download her Cricut Font Reference. She has put together a sample of all the Cricut fonts and what cart they are from. It makes it very easy to choose a font {and buy a cart!}! BigGrin

http://myfaqcricutds.blo...ts-list-updated-for.html

unregistered Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 3:05:45 PM(UTC)
unregistered

Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 125 post(s)
The mini can only cut with cartridges (Cricut designs) and must be hooked to your computer. I don't believe it is a stand alone cutter.

You can use the Cricut Craft Room online to design, but you must purchase the cartridge (some are digital cartridge that you can purchase online) before you can cut that design.

You cannot cut your own fonts, etc. with a Cricut, even when hooked to the computer - just to be clear on that one. They have to be on a cartridge that you have purchased, either from an actual store - or the digital store.