Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

saragrassof287b045 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2012 6:52:55 PM(UTC)
saragrassof287b045

Groups: Registered

Hello.... I just opened my new cricut mini and it will not update the firmware thus I CAN NOT USE IT!

The on/off button is lit green and wont let me turn it on or off and I can not feed the paper.

I have turned my computer on and off numerous times and I have unplugged it as well...

Can someone help me please before I throw it across my office!!

thanks,
Sara
Mercy Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:01:46 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: saragrassof287b045 Go to Quoted Post
Hello.... I just opened my new cricut mini and it will not update the firmware thus I CAN NOT USE IT!

The on/off button is lit green and wont let me turn it on or off and I can not feed the paper.

I have turned my computer on and off numerous times and I have unplugged it as well...

Can someone help me please before I throw it across my office!!

thanks,
Sara

Click the below link and follow the steps in post 1. Let us know the outcome.

http://main.cricut.com/c...1_posts.aspx#post1449131

Edited by user Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:07:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

saragrassof287b045 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 4:57:00 PM(UTC)
saragrassof287b045

Originally Posted by: Mercy Go to Quoted Post
Click the below link and follow the steps in post 1. Let us know the outcome.

http://main.cricut.com/c...1_posts.aspx#post1449131

Still will not work.. I repeated steps 4 times
Mercy Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:00:47 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Contact PC and let us know the outcome.
Jfur24 Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 04, 2012 7:07:30 AM(UTC)
Jfur24

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This same thing is happening to me. That solutions didn't work either. Tried 3 times. Any help with this. PC is closed of course and all I wanted to do was use the darn thing today!!! Crying
Mercy Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 05, 2012 2:09:20 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Contact PC and let us know the outcome.
Jfur24 Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 05, 2012 3:37:15 PM(UTC)
Jfur24

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Alright all solved!!! Had to call PC and they gave me the lower version of the Cricut Craft Room as the newer one was having known issues with the mini. So they sent me a link (see below, hope that works) downloaded that and it worked! Upgraded AFTER I did the firmware install.

Hope this helps some people!!!BigGrin

-J

(*Go to this link: http://www.cricut.com/imaginedownload.aspx)
 2 users thanked Jfur24 for this useful post.
Mercy on 7/5/2012(UTC), thebumblebee on 7/12/2012(UTC)
Mercy Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 05, 2012 4:45:13 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: Jfur24 Go to Quoted Post
Alright all solved!!! Had to call PC and they gave me the lower version of the Cricut Craft Room as the newer one was having known issues with the mini. So they sent me a link (see below, hope that works) downloaded that and it worked! Upgraded AFTER I did the firmware install.

Hope this helps some people!!!BigGrin

-J

(*Go to this link: http://www.cricut.com/imaginedownload.aspx)

Thanks for letting us know the outcome and giving us the link! AWESOME! :) Now, to add it to the tips thread! :)
MairMD3f3a28af Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2012 9:26:33 PM(UTC)
MairMD3f3a28af

Having the same issue, and tried to click the link, does not work. I am so very disappointed with the machine and I am feeling like it was a waste of my money.
Mercy Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2012 10:01:30 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: MairMD3f3a28af Go to Quoted Post
Having the same issue, and tried to click the link, does not work. I am so very disappointed with the machine and I am feeling like it was a waste of my money.

The link has a closed parenthesis in it so try the below and let us know the outcome.

http://www.cricut.com/imaginedownload.aspx
robles_annettee9848a42 Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 8:35:52 AM(UTC)
robles_annettee9848a42

I had the same issue and PC is going to replace my mini. Couldn't get it to work with the downgraded craft room.
wwrevamptd5ff8abc Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 1:39:47 AM(UTC)
wwrevamptd5ff8abc

I am having the exact same problem as original poster. It just won't update, it says it's updating but just stalls on the loading page. I bought the mini in April when I was in the DC, from Michaels. I brought it home with me to Australia and have not been able to get it to work, it is so frustrating especially seeing as I can't even take it back to the store.
Neither the links in the above posts are working ( error message). Is there another link to the lower download ( whatever that means?). I'm really upset with this product I have to say.
hatoricreationsb6d6a7a7 Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 1:22:28 AM(UTC)
hatoricreationsb6d6a7a7

Angry ok so my husband brought me a mini for mothers day and had the same issue as every one above me with the whole firmware issue..I stalled my machine and i couldnt do ANYTHING!!!! i returned it back to the store stating that it didnt work..i now have a new one that i havent done anything to yet because of the whole firmware thing!!! i need HELP ASAP!!!
Narelle Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 3:16:40 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7905 time(s) in 3706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hatoricreationsb6d6a7a7 Go to Quoted Post
Angry ok so my husband brought me a mini for mothers day and had the same issue as every one above me with the whole firmware issue..I stalled my machine and i couldnt do ANYTHING!!!! i returned it back to the store stating that it didnt work..i now have a new one that i havent done anything to yet because of the whole firmware thing!!! i need HELP ASAP!!!

Have you followed all the steps in the Getting Started guide? http://content.provocraft.com/b...e_Make%20a%20Project.pdf

You may also need to disable your anti-virus program while you're setting up the mini.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
hatoricreationsb6d6a7a7 on 6/3/2013(UTC)
#15 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 5:19:55 PM(UTC)
hatoricreationsb6d6a7a7

Narelle..hey yes i have followed all the setup procedures..ive even uninstalled it and tried to re install it about 3 times and everytime i try to attempt to cut for the first time it says i have to update the firmware and when i did that it frozze on me and my machine just didnt do anything...

i tried calling customer care and they were trying to explain to me about my anti virus and having missing paths..oohhhh boyyy i was getting so confused and frustrated.. I wish that it stated that this machine comes with complications...

What do i do?
#16 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 5:21:14 PM(UTC)
hatoricreationsb6d6a7a7

This is what customer support sent me

>>>>>>>>Hi,

You want to add these file paths to your firewall

Computer/C drive/Program files x86 (if they don’t have program files x86 then just do program files)/cricutsync

Computer/C drive/Program files x86 (if they don’t have program files x86 then just do program files)/cricutsync/ccrbridge.exe

Computer/C drive/Program files x86 (if they don’t have program files x86 then just do program files)/cricut-craftroom

Computer/C drive/Program files x86 (if they don’t have program files x86 then just do program files)/craftroom/ccrbridge.exe

Narelle Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 5:33:53 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7905 time(s) in 3706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hatoricreationsb6d6a7a7 Go to Quoted Post
Narelle..hey yes i have followed all the setup procedures..ive even uninstalled it and tried to re install it about 3 times and everytime i try to attempt to cut for the first time it says i have to update the firmware and when i did that it frozze on me and my machine just didnt do anything...

i tried calling customer care and they were trying to explain to me about my anti virus and having missing paths..oohhhh boyyy i was getting so confused and frustrated.. I wish that it stated that this machine comes with complications...

What do i do?

I'd call PC customer service again and have them take control of your computer. That way they can add all the anti-virus exceptions for you while you watch. I'm not sure why they didn't offer that to you. It's a great idea if you're not sure how to do it yourself. Smile
jax_1626ec590cfc Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 10:05:09 PM(UTC)
jax_1626ec590cfc

Crying I am having this same issue its so annoying that I really feel like i wasted money on this. When I first got it i couldn't get it into the craft room. I let a couple months go by and I figured hey maybe it will work now. i go and download craft room and it actually worked I got further than seeing the c blinking loading then it said to update my firmware and i stupidly accepted it and after two hours it was stuck at 46% complete. Now my machine wont turn off and i see a red light with the green one. I already did the install for the lower version and guess what?! it wont let me skip the upgrade. It's now stuck on installing drivers 2of 2 please wait its been on that for 45 minutes now!! I'm so frustrated right now that I'm crying I've done everything that's been suggested in this thread I even turned off my firewall. if I would have known that i wouldn't have been able to cut without being connected to the craft room I would have never bought this. I bought it through HSN so I don't even know if I can return it anymore. So if anyone knows what else I can do PLEASE HELP!!
CricutGena Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 12:28:10 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello, please call customer service at 877-7cricut.

-Cricut Gena
kristinf255797b Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:06:22 AM(UTC)
kristinf255797b

I am having the same issues!!!! Must use my machine today. Please help.
CricutGena Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:47:36 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello, we only have the same advice to give unfortunately. Please call customer service at 877-7cricut.

-Cricut Gena
sherrysscrapsb40873a1 Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 12:45:10 PM(UTC)
sherrysscrapsb40873a1

I am also having the same issues as everyone else in this post! I was so excited to get my machine, well not anymore! I have tried everything above! All I get is more headaches, what a waste of money and time! I will never buy another item from Cricut again. Using a purchased item should not be this hard! You should be able to open it, follow the directions and then use it! Well not with this machine, I am just so sick to my stomach!

Signed,
Very Unhappy Cricut Owner!
Cricut Dani Offline
#23 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 1:17:54 PM(UTC)
Cricut Dani

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sherrysscrapsb40873a1 Go to Quoted Post
I am also having the same issues as everyone else in this post! I was so excited to get my machine, well not anymore! I have tried everything above! All I get is more headaches, what a waste of money and time! I will never buy another item from Cricut again. Using a purchased item should not be this hard! You should be able to open it, follow the directions and then use it! Well not with this machine, I am just so sick to my stomach!

Signed,
Very Unhappy Cricut Owner!

Hello Sherry,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties. Are you running any antivirus on your computer? If so, which one?

-Cricut Dani
margaretc969b8d5 Offline
#24 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:34:19 PM(UTC)
margaretc969b8d5

After my computer's hard drive crashed 2 weeks ago I had to have it replaced, then I had to re-install the Craft Room software. I immediately started having the same problems with my Cricut Mini described in other posts.

Craft Room would tell me I was missing the cartridge when the cartridge was properly installed. Then it would recognize the cartridge, but tell me I needed to load the mat which was already loaded. It didn't matter whether I loaded the mat or plugged in the cartridge first, or last, when prompted. Sometimes Craft Room wouldn't load at all; other times it would tell me I needed to update my firmware, etc etc etc.

I was pretty upset, too.

Then, after reading the post above, it occurred to me that my PC repair shop had installed a different anti-virus program than the one I normally used. They had installed AVAST Free Anti-virus.

So I uninstalled the Avast software, then installed the AVG Free anti-virus software that I have used for years. And guess what? No more problems with my Cricut Mini. Seriously. Not one error message. And I'm cutting while we speak. BigGrin

I thought I'd share this, just in case it assists anyone else having these problems - especially over the weekend when Support is closed!
jen1c2750a4 Offline
#25 Posted : Thursday, August 07, 2014 11:44:56 PM(UTC)
jen1c2750a4

I have had my Cricut mini for a year and a half ~ and I could ditch the thing! I battled to get it loaded, and once loaded had a choice of 1 font ~ despite what I had been led to believe, here in South Africa we cannot download the cartridges! Now I decided to give it another go ~ to see if the policy had changed and I MIGHT just be able to use the awful machine ~ and now I need to download new versions ~ it won;t go more than 3% and I cannot switch off the machine ~ the switch shows red and green and will not work.\
I have tried to stop and restart this process about 30 times ~ verrrrrryu frustrated now and ready to throw this thing out the window.

PLEASE HELP URGENTLY!!!! South African Rands are worthless and I resent having paid a lot of money for this machine and have never managed to get any use out of it!!!