Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

FOXYROXYJA8353d8392e Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:02:58 PM(UTC)
FOXYROXYJA8353d8392e

Groups: Registered

I BOUGHT A CRICUT EXPRESSIONS 2 MACHINE AND SO FAR I HATE IT. I THINK IT IS BECAUSE I DONT KNOW HOW TO USE IT. EVERY TIME I TRY TO CUT SOMETHING THAT HAS LAYERS THEY DONT MATCH UP. JUST WONDERING IF SOMEONE CAN HELP BY TELLING ME WHAT I AM DOING WRONG. I WAS SO EXCITED WHEN I GOT THIS MACHINE AND HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO DO ANYTHING WITH IT. PLEASE HELP!
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:55:10 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7817 time(s) in 3649 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FOXYROXYJA8353d8392e Go to Quoted Post
I BOUGHT A CRICUT EXPRESSIONS 2 MACHINE AND SO FAR I HATE IT. I THINK IT IS BECAUSE I DONT KNOW HOW TO USE IT. EVERY TIME I TRY TO CUT SOMETHING THAT HAS LAYERS THEY DONT MATCH UP. JUST WONDERING IF SOMEONE CAN HELP BY TELLING ME WHAT I AM DOING WRONG. I WAS SO EXCITED WHEN I GOT THIS MACHINE AND HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO DO ANYTHING WITH IT. PLEASE HELP!

It's possible you have Real Size turned on instead of Relative size.

Click on the Settings (wrench) button on your E2 screen then scroll to the right two times till you see the Apply All button. (Second row, first button).

Click the Apply All button then make sure the 1st button (the Aa button) is green. If its not press it to make it active. Then press the Save button, then the Home button. Recreate your project and your layers should all be cut proportionately.
DBCMC Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 1:59:57 AM(UTC)
DBCMC

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1598 time(s) in 919 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FOXYROXYJA8353d8392e Go to Quoted Post

This may help... I posted it for someone else that was have trouble with layers.

Good morning! There is a great website that has alot of helpful information on it regarding setting up the depth, pressure and speed to cut different brands and weights of paper. She also has dvd available for purchase to shorten the learning curve on cricut products. The gypsy one that I purchased was great. Here is the link to Above Rubies Studio:
http://www.aboverubiesstudio.co...ricut-expression-2/5610/

Hope that it helps!
southgirltexas Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 4:36:54 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
And try youtube it has some great videos on how to work your Cricut.
curious george II Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 7:41:36 AM(UTC)
curious george II

United States

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 61 post(s)
This may help... I posted it for someone else that was have trouble with layers.

Good morning! There is a great website that has alot of helpful information on it regarding setting up the depth, pressure and speed to cut different brands and weights of paper. She also has dvd available for purchase to shorten the learning curve on cricut products. The gypsy one that I purchased was great. Here is the link to Above Rubies Studio:
http://www.aboverubiesstudio.co...ricut-expression-2/5610/

Hope that it helps!

To DBCMC

Oh My Goodness thank you for turning me on to Above Rubies Studio love the site, it was soooo helpful with the Gypsy how to DVD, how to do layering, and so many other treasures I just had to share. . .

Curious

Edited by user Sunday, August 26, 2012 7:42:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

dbowden656aab0f7b5 Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 5:13:38 PM(UTC)
dbowden656aab0f7b5

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I was excited to see some help with the Rubies website but it isnt available anymore. I am new to Cricut and have the E2. I was cutting vinyl in the craft room but found that different colors of vinyl need different settings. It was very frustrating and wasted alot of vinyl but finally finished the project and was pretty pleased with it. Just wish there was an easier way. The machine has a kiss cut setting that works great but the craft room settings are not so easy. Any suggestiong?