Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

mabel_mcconnell7a8a963e Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 9:22:54 AM(UTC)
mabel_mcconnell7a8a963e

Groups: Registered

I am new to cricut and love using it, but I only have one cartridge. Can I use the craft room cartridges without having to pay for it? There are so many different cartridges and crafts that I would love to do but unable to pay a membership fee. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 9:38:02 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
There isn't a membership fee for Cricut Craft Room, it's free to use the design program. But, you do need to have the carts you use in your designs to be able to cut them.
mabel_mcconnell7a8a963e Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 12:05:09 PM(UTC)
mabel_mcconnell7a8a963e

So in order to use one of the designs in the craft room, I have to have purchased the cartridges. Like I said I'm new and don't know anything on using the craft room.
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 1:07:44 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
Yes, Cricut Craft Room is a design program that allows you to weld, stretch, skew and otherwise manipulate the images that are on the Cricut carts. Anyone can design with any of the images from any of the carts but if you want to cut the design, you need to have the cart to either link to your CCR account or to insert in your Cricut when prompted by CCR.
MaryStillman Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 1:26:28 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1249 time(s) in 792 post(s)
One of the carts on CCR is free. It should show up under your carts. It's the basic shape and font cart. It contains a font, kind of blocky, and basic shapes along with a onsie, duck, butterfly and a couple other shapes. I've made some cute cards with it when I was using CCR. When you combine the free carts with the welding feature, you can make some great things. Scrapellet shared a Micky and Hello Kitty head that she made with the free CCR shapes/font carts. You may be able to find some of her stuff under the getting started forum.

Also, PC started to provide freebees this last month. For a limited time, some beautiful father's day cards were free and showing up under your cartridges. The offer ended just after father's day, but hopefully they will do it again.

Also, some of the CCR digital exclusives are priced reasonably (under $10), and once in awhile, PC will put some on sale for under $8. You just have to go "shopping" once a week to see what is on sale.

Mary