Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

KelleyRooks Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2012 7:44:03 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
CRAFT WARS: There is a new show on TLC starting this summer called craft wars. Thought it would be fun to do our own spin. You get to keep the items you make or give them as an item in a swap or a s a gift. We just need to see pictures.

DATES: Changing to doing weekly - start on Sunday - end on Saturday

TIMING: Not giving a time limit at this point - but we can change it for specific challenges.

RULE: You CANNOT buy anything for the challenge - you have to use what you have and you are limited to the list!

JULY CHALLENGES - The overall theme for July is second chances. We all deserve a second chance, so why not our supplies. Most of us have stash - tons of itBigGrin Some things we buy and they sit in our stash and don't get used. So let's dig them out and get them used. You can use them as is or alter them in any way to breathe new life into them.

Supplies to use - any embellishments, paper, alterables that have been in your stash a long time. The longer it has been in your stash the better. All tools are welcome. I encourage you to challenge yourself to use dies and cartridges that you haven't used or haven't used in a long time.

WEEK 1: JULY 1 - 7 Make a card, layout, tag(s). Try a new card fold or a technique. Don't forget to incorporate your second chance supplies.

WEEK 2: JULY 8 - 14 Make a gift - either make a rak, birthday gift, christmas gift, etc. If you are anything like me - I wait until the last minute. Goal is to start early this year.

WEEK 3: JULY 15 - 21 Make something you found on a blog, pinterest, magazine, etc. and make it your own.

WEEK 4: JULY 22 - 28 Alter something that has been in your stash for a long time.

Edited by user Sunday, July 01, 2012 1:30:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PattysMom Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2012 9:15:55 AM(UTC)
PattysMom

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hmmmmm ... thinking....Sneaky Sneaky
cstanzione Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2012 12:23:32 PM(UTC)
cstanzione

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 185 post(s)
I'd like to join this month was checking out your stuff from last month looks like fun.

Week #1
I just finished a book this week I have been working on for a client and I thought it would fit in great with this challenge.
It is a couple of layouts which I used things I have had from my stash for a long long time.

The first is a wedding layout the frame was white which I have had for ages so I used TH dyes and altered the color to match the layout the doily I have had for years too .Used Cheery Lynn dies for heart and bride and groom, flowers are K and Company and MS for branchs.

The second layout the wedding dress is a hankie which have had for over 30 yrs and altered it to make a wedding dress out of it. Frame cuts from Cricut cart Fancy Frames and flowers from K & C, ribbon on dress also over 10 yrs old from stash.

And last is a layout which the doily and feathers were from my old stash . Flowers from K&C and watch from Jolees Frame cuts Fancy Frames and boot and hat from Heritage cart. and leaf florish from Cheery Lynn dies.

Thanks for letting me play.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 03, 2012 12:51:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cstanzione attached the following image(s):
3.JPG
22.JPG
GEDC0386.JPG
bklynborn Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2012 7:29:28 PM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 119 post(s)
beautiful layouts.
 1 user thanked bklynborn for this useful post.
cstanzione on 7/4/2012(UTC)
CindyAdamson Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2012 8:08:55 PM(UTC)
CindyAdamson

Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 126 post(s)
I'm hoping I get time to play along this round!
KelleyRooks Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 04, 2012 8:14:04 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

CStanzione - so beautiful. Great job. I cannot wait to see what else you come up with.

Pattysmom - hope you can play some more. Loved what you made in the last round.

Cindy - the great thing is finish what you can finish. If you get one week done in the four - that is okay.

I am working on a project for this round, but will probably hold off on posting pics of it until a few weeks after I mail it to my partner. It is for the round 7 swap. BigGrin It is nice when you can use these challenges to get the creative juices flowing to create something for your self or as a gift.

Kel
 1 user thanked KelleyRooks for this useful post.
cstanzione on 7/4/2012(UTC)
KelleyRooks Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:22:23 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Since there isn't much movement on this, why don't we pick up in September after the summer? BigGrin
cstanzione Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 9:07:58 AM(UTC)
cstanzione

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KelleyRooks Go to Quoted Post
Since there isn't much movement on this, why don't we pick up in September after the summer? BigGrin

Sorry there isn't much interest I thought it would be fun see you in Sept. thenSad