Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

mom2samandaaronbf44afea Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 05, 2012 8:38:45 AM(UTC)
mom2samandaaronbf44afea

Groups: Registered

We have to do some lettering on the side of our trailer. I have bought 12" outdoor vinyl, I have the Cricut Expressions, and the Cricut Design Studio on my computer. I have only fooled around with my Cricut, never really done anything important. I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with.

Example of what I am doing: Ron's Auto Body Repair
(518) 792-4376

How do I put the letters in order like this above, and then how do I "go down to the next line" for the phone number?

How do I make sure that the Cricut doesn't cut over something that is already cut?

Can I reuse Transfer Tape?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!!

Kim
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 05, 2012 12:29:28 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18983 time(s) in 8482 post(s)
If you are just using your Cricut, you can use the line return or you can manually move the blade after you cut one row. You can only enter 16 characters at a time, so that might be an issue. If you manually move the blade, you will have to make sure you move it to a position so it will not cut over what you've already cut.

If you decide to use DS {or even download the free online design program, Cricut Craft Room}, you can place the letters/numbers where you want on the mat and that is how they will cut.

You can reuse transfer tape. I just stick the piece back onto the package and use it until it's not sticky anymore.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
mom2samandaaronbf44afea on 7/5/2012(UTC)
mom2samandaaronbf44afea Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 05, 2012 12:49:40 PM(UTC)
mom2samandaaronbf44afea

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
If you are just using your Cricut, you can use the line return or you can manually move the blade after you cut one row. You can only enter 16 characters at a time, so that might be an issue. If you manually move the blade, you will have to make sure you move it to a position so it will not cut over what you've already cut.

If you decide to use DS {or even download the free online design program, Cricut Craft Room}, you can place the letters/numbers where you want on the mat and that is how they will cut.

You can reuse transfer tape. I just stick the piece back onto the package and use it until it's not sticky anymore.

Thank you so much! I am going to try it using just the cricut, try it simple for the first try. Thanks again!