Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CarleneC Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, July 09, 2012 6:48:22 PM(UTC)
CarleneC

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I've been reading about many other people having this problem on here. My Gypsy had issues; I got those resolved with PC help. This morning, my Create stopped cutting altogether. It won't talk to my Gypsy, it won't read a cart. I've read many suggestions that say you should download Design Studio and reset the version to 1.54 (my current version is 1.61), but I'm concerned that it won't work with my Gypsy. I almost don't even know how to work the machine without a Gypsy attached to it anymore. I also have no interest in using the computer with the machine. I don't have a laptop in the craftroom, and I'm not getting one to run it (I'll just go get a new machine first). Any help would be appreciated!!

Carlene
mandys Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:15:38 AM(UTC)
mandys

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 136 post(s)
I have had the same problem for months now. After many calls to PC, there is still no fix. I advise to to call so they are constantly aware of the problem. V1.61 will not acknowledge carts, and the gypsy doesn't "Stay" connected to it. And you can't un-update Gypsy to run with the older 1.54 firmware. It is a mess. I have been using CCR instead but I HATE having to keep adding all the carts when my G used to work so well. So now i have a gypsy paperweight until PC can get their act together. I am sorry to hear you are having the same problem, it is frustrating.
CarleneC Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:31:47 AM(UTC)
CarleneC

I will call them today, but I am very frustrated, and I really don't want to use CCR. I like my Gypsy. I have no computer in the craft room, and I'm not running out to buy a laptop so I can use my Create. I'll just buy a new machine first........it would be cheaper!

It's funny that you called your Gypsy a paperweight. I told my hubby last night that my Create was an expensive doorstop!

Carlene
debbieemrick Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:46:55 AM(UTC)
debbieemrick

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I have had this issue for 3 months now, along with many other Create users. Support keeps saying they are working on the issue, 4 months later no fix.
I wouldn't buy an other Provo craft item, updates always seem to create more issues. Their support team is only available M-F. I loved my Gypsy, I agree it's a paper weight............ A very expensive paper weight.

Very unhappy,too
Debbie
scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2012 1:35:34 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18931 time(s) in 8447 post(s)
If you roll back the firmware, it should still work with your Gypsy. I've not read of anyone who has rolled back the firmware of their Create and continued to have problems. So, have each of you that are having problems rolled back the firmware? Because if you have and you still have non-working Creates, I can check with PC for additional options.

I would suggest using Design Studio to roll back the firmware. Even the free trial version will do that. Go to cricut.com, then Product tab, then DS. Download the trial version and see what happens after your Create is back at 1.54.
Mercy Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2012 2:47:15 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
If you roll back the firmware, it should still work with your Gypsy. I've not read of anyone who has rolled back the firmware of their Create and continued to have problems. So, have each of you that are having problems rolled back the firmware? Because if you have and you still have non-working Creates, I can check with PC for additional options.

I would suggest using Design Studio to roll back the firmware. Even the free trial version will do that. Go to cricut.com, then Product tab, then DS. Download the trial version and see what happens after your Create is back at 1.54.

That is the issue as rolling the firmware back probably will not work unless the G has not been updated to I think the February update as I don't remember the build off hand.

If the G has been updated to the current build or any of the builds between February and now, then the earlier Creates probably will not work as PC states the problem is mostly from the earlier Creates and perhaps others as well. PC is still working on the fix and I am not sure when the fix will be ready.
CarleneC Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:04:18 AM(UTC)
CarleneC

Originally Posted by: Mercy Go to Quoted Post
That is the issue as rolling the firmware back probably will not work unless the G has not been updated to I think the February update as I don't remember the build off hand.

If the G has been updated to the current build or any of the builds between February and now, then the earlier Creates probably will not work as PC states the problem is mostly from the earlier Creates and perhaps others as well. PC is still working on the fix and I am not sure when the fix will be ready.

Thanks for checking on this Mercy, and yes, I believe that's my problem. I really don't want to set my G back. I had problems with it in May, got those resolved and I've since downloaded digital content to it; I've been begging for a karate cart for years, and I finally got a at least a few digital images. I'm not interested in using CCR, so unless my Create catches up, my digital stuff is useless. I either have an expensive doorstop (Create) or an expensive paperweight (G).

I have to say, the people at PC customer service have been very nice and very helpful. I can't be upset with them at all. They didn't create this software glitch. I just am frustrated waiting for it to be fixed; summer is my scrapping time, and I'd like to do a bunch of cards with my Cricut, too, but it sucks doing them without my G.

Thinking of trying to persuade my hubby that I NEED an E.

Carlene
Mercy Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 9:32:06 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: CarleneC Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for checking on this Mercy, and yes, I believe that's my problem. I really don't want to set my G back. I had problems with it in May, got those resolved and I've since downloaded digital content to it; I've been begging for a karate cart for years, and I finally got a at least a few digital images. I'm not interested in using CCR, so unless my Create catches up, my digital stuff is useless. I either have an expensive doorstop (Create) or an expensive paperweight (G).

I have to say, the people at PC customer service have been very nice and very helpful. I can't be upset with them at all. They didn't create this software glitch. I just am frustrated waiting for it to be fixed; summer is my scrapping time, and I'd like to do a bunch of cards with my Cricut, too, but it sucks doing them without my G.

Thinking of trying to persuade my hubby that I NEED an E.

Carlene

You're welcome! You will not be able to satisfactory set your G back as the reformatting and restoring brings it back to the current status as the Create you will be able to set it back but playing with the G is the issue.

Hopefully the issue will be fixed soon and hubby knows an earlier Christmas present always makes mommy happy!LOL Well, that is until Christmas and then we forget that we had an early Christmas present!LOL Shhhh...we won't tell him that we might forget!LOL LOL
CarleneC Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:57:03 PM(UTC)
CarleneC

Originally Posted by: Mercy Go to Quoted Post
You're welcome! You will not be able to satisfactory set your G back as the reformatting and restoring brings it back to the current status as the Create you will be able to set it back but playing with the G is the issue.

Hopefully the issue will be fixed soon and hubby knows an earlier Christmas present always makes mommy happy!LOL Well, that is until Christmas and then we forget that we had an early Christmas present!LOL Shhhh...we won't tell him that we might forget!LOL LOL

LOL....well I was naughty today, but not too naughty. I walked into our Big Lots and (while looking for something else, I swear!) found a Cricut Cake for 99.00. I had read you could use them for paper as well, if you changed out the blade housing. And red is my favorite color, so it just had to come home with me. I tested it out this afternoon, and it works like a dream. I know you're not supposed to use paper in it, but I'll NEVER cut cake stuff with it (I hate anything but MY butter cream or a nice fudgey frosting anyway), sooo......... My husband was relieved, I think, that I didn't buy a $200 machine instead. So we're all happy.

Thanks for your help!

Carlene
Mercy Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 9:18:18 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: CarleneC Go to Quoted Post
LOL....well I was naughty today, but not too naughty. I walked into our Big Lots and (while looking for something else, I swear!) found a Cricut Cake for 99.00. I had read you could use them for paper as well, if you changed out the blade housing. And red is my favorite color, so it just had to come home with me. I tested it out this afternoon, and it works like a dream. I know you're not supposed to use paper in it, but I'll NEVER cut cake stuff with it (I hate anything but MY butter cream or a nice fudgey frosting anyway), sooo......... My husband was relieved, I think, that I didn't buy a $200 machine instead. So we're all happy.

Thanks for your help!

Carlene

You're welcome and congrats on your purchase! Yes, there are members that turned their cake into an E by doing what you posted! :) Enjoy!