Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

agsmith3105b0d987b Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 11:54:28 AM(UTC)
agsmith3105b0d987b

Groups: Registered

I've bought a (used) Personal Electronic Cutting Machine (6x12) to create a pattern with cutout shapes. I'm not going to be using the actual cutouts but the material after the cutouts are made. I've attached what I would like my material to look like - the hearts are the cutouts which I won't be using. So my question is How do I Program my Cricut To Do What I Want. Thanks for reading this.

agsmith3105b0d987b attached the following image(s):
hearts.jpg
Maxluv Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 3:36:11 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 483 time(s) in 370 post(s)
If i'm reading this correctly, you put in the cartridge with the shape that you want and cut..but that was to easy to answer so it must be something that i'm missing. Are you wanting to cut with space in between? If so you will have cut one at a time and then move the blade..i'm not sure the Personal cutter has that function, (haven't used mine since i got the Expression). Or are you using the Cricut craft room?
unregistered Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 8:06:32 PM(UTC)
unregistered

Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 125 post(s)
My interpenetration is that agsmith is trying to make a stencil with 9 evenly spaced hearts.

I am not sure if "material" means fabric, or it means something that could be used as a stencil, like acetate.

agsmith - I think this can be done using the Cricut Craft Room, sometimes referred to as CCR. You would need a cartridge that has the heart (unless the CCR has some basic shapes that are free..maybe it does?)

I don't use any of the Cricut software - so hopefully this bumps it up and someone with more expertise in that area can chime in!

BigGrin
HeidiDeming Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 8:09:31 AM(UTC)
HeidiDeming

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: IowaGirl2011 Go to Quoted Post
My interpenetration is that agsmith is trying to make a stencil with 9 evenly spaced hearts.

I am not sure if "material" means fabric, or it means something that could be used as a stencil, like acetate.

agsmith - I think this can be done using the Cricut Craft Room, sometimes referred to as CCR. You would need a cartridge that has the heart (unless the CCR has some basic shapes that are free..maybe it does?)

I don't use any of the Cricut software - so hopefully this bumps it up and someone with more expertise in that area can chime in!

BigGrin

I agree with this response. The only thing I have to add is CCR would probably be the cheapest place to accomplish this unless you wanted to dive into the Gypsy world. At any rate you need a cartridge or access to the shape you want on your design.
unregistered Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 8:26:29 AM(UTC)
unregistered

Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Oh lord - I just saw my typo - lol! OYE!

Blushing