Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

risk4447c1e9def Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 01, 2012 5:42:52 PM(UTC)
risk4447c1e9def

Groups: Registered

I am trying to connect my E2 to my laptop which has windows7....cannot see it. I have connected the E2 to my desktop computer and it connects fine, this computer has windows XP. I have updated the E2, tried different usb ports and even a different cord...nothing, I have even tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling them...nothing. Getting really frustrated, can someone help me.
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 01, 2012 5:49:12 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7909 time(s) in 3707 post(s)
Originally Posted by: risk4447c1e9def Go to Quoted Post
I am trying to connect my E2 to my laptop which has windows7....cannot see it. I have connected the E2 to my desktop computer and it connects fine, this computer has windows XP. I have updated the E2, tried different usb ports and even a different cord...nothing, I have even tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling them...nothing. Getting really frustrated, can someone help me.

You can try installing the E2 drivers. You can do that from the Help menu in Cricut Craft Room.
risk4447c1e9def Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 01, 2012 6:05:30 PM(UTC)
risk4447c1e9def

I have installed and uninstalled drivers several times...when I look in windows sys 32 it shows cricutexpression2_x64.sys.
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 01, 2012 9:05:42 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

You could try troubleshooting it...

Ignore the fact that this info is for Design Studio. It applies to CCR too...

http://myfaqcricutds.blogspot.c...rivers-in-windows-7.html
scrapbk4fund40498b4 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2012 8:39:23 PM(UTC)
scrapbk4fund40498b4

Mad I have had one of the original cricuts, an Expressions and now I have a brand new E2. I gave my daughter the old Expressions since she is a brand new teacher with lots of cutting to do for her classroom. So.....here I am, new E2 and everytime I try to connect it to my computer, it says USB Device not recognized. So, like you, I tried different cords, then checked with different devices to make sure mine would connect to other things (it did). Nothing worked to get the E2 to connect. Next I thought to try my Gypsy to my computer - worked like a charm. Disconnected and connected it directly to the E2 - NOPE.....said it was not plugged in. I am guessing I have a brand new E2 with a bad usb port. Seems to be going on a lot, these days. I am very sad.....frustrated. One of my friends said she had heard something was going on with the Cricut and ProvoCraft. As a former Scrapbook Store owner, I loved dealing with Provo Craft - they were awesome. I hope none of this is true and there is an easy fix to my problem. Any suggestions?

Edited by user Sunday, August 05, 2012 8:40:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: error in spelling

Narelle Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2012 1:04:31 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: scrapbk4fund40498b4 Go to Quoted Post
Mad I have had one of the original cricuts, an Expressions and now I have a brand new E2. I gave my daughter the old Expressions since she is a brand new teacher with lots of cutting to do for her classroom. So.....here I am, new E2 and everytime I try to connect it to my computer, it says USB Device not recognized. So, like you, I tried different cords, then checked with different devices to make sure mine would connect to other things (it did). Nothing worked to get the E2 to connect. Next I thought to try my Gypsy to my computer - worked like a charm. Disconnected and connected it directly to the E2 - NOPE.....said it was not plugged in. I am guessing I have a brand new E2 with a bad usb port. Seems to be going on a lot, these days. I am very sad.....frustrated. One of my friends said she had heard something was going on with the Cricut and ProvoCraft. As a former Scrapbook Store owner, I loved dealing with Provo Craft - they were awesome. I hope none of this is true and there is an easy fix to my problem. Any suggestions?

Have you updated it using Cricut Sync yet? (Or is that when you're getting the error?)
scrapbk4fund40498b4 Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 1:25:59 PM(UTC)
scrapbk4fund40498b4

It is when I go to Cricut Sync that it tell me that it does not recognize the USB Device. :(
petra.tailorab64e3c4 Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 8:24:33 PM(UTC)
petra.tailorab64e3c4

im getting that exact problem! im from australia, got my machine yesterday, and cant get my expression to update the firmware, or connect to CCR! it says that the devise is unrecognised.... the drivers ARE installed (checked several times) dont know what to do!!Crying
shahrzadvaziri1d190701 Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 8:49:22 PM(UTC)
shahrzadvaziri1d190701

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

I have the same problem with win7 and E2. Mad
I'm very disappointed because I've spend lots of time installing and uninstalling drivers and..
it is not working. what should I do? isn't it better to return it?Crying
Narelle Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2012 4:24:31 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Have you all tried turning off your Firewall and/or anti-virus software before trying to connect?
pottratz015e9733 Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:51:39 PM(UTC)
pottratz015e9733

United States

Mad Confused I purchased an E2 yesterday and have spent a lot of time today trying to get it to work with my (also new) Windows 7 laptop. The laptop is not recognizing the E2 at all. I was excited to see the link posted directing me to the control panel, but it simply does not register that a device has been plugged in. The PC doesn't even make a confirmation sound that something has been plugged in. I am so sad as this is my first cutting machine I've ever purchased an am anxious to get going. What do I do next?!!

Would purchasing the WiFi adapter help? Or would I still have the same issue? I don't really want to start purchasing extras until I know this will work.
CricutGena Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 7:54:05 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Please contact our Customer Care center, we will be happy to assit you!-PCGena
JodieHolling Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:42:02 PM(UTC)
JodieHolling

I keep having issues with it not being recognized. I change USB ports then it will recognize. I do this dance virtually everytime I use it. I bought a Silhoutte Cameo because I know one day it won't recognize and it will leave me high and dry. I wonder if all cricuts technical issues started with the Bank of America buy out? http://www.scrapbookupda...y-baml-capital-partners/

Jodie
whatsinmyhoop30cb6426 Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:43:51 PM(UTC)
whatsinmyhoop30cb6426

I am having the same issue with Windows 7 and my E2. Will not recognize the E2. I have disabled my firewall, virus protection...etc. nothingMad There must be a fix for this. anyone have an answer?
Sherri Kay Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:45:32 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2430 time(s) in 2177 post(s)
I can't see how it is Windows 7. I have Windows 7 and I had absolutely no problems with the E2. I have System Mechanic and I also had McAfee for my firewall and antivirus. Check your antivirus, etc., and see if that is what's giving you the problem. Smile Unsure

Edited by user Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:46:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified