Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

A. G.Lacy Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2012 9:36:20 AM(UTC)
A. G.Lacy

Groups: Registered

Today I brought my Create to work to cut letters and images for the Counselor's office. I used my Gypsy and noted that I had to update the Create machine. I followed through with the update. Now the machine will no longer communicate with my Gypsy and it not longer works manually (load paper, select image, etc.). Would someone please provide the instructions for returning the Create to the manufacturer's settings? It seems that updates are rather dangerous. My Gypsy crashed when it was updated and now the Create. Please help. I have other Cricut's but this is the portable one and it died here at school. Confused
Rachelsmum Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2012 3:21:41 PM(UTC)
Rachelsmum

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Hi, see the post by CarolynBatts further down this thread. I had exactly the same problem funnily enough after taking my create to school to cut out things! I used it with my Gypsy, it updated sort off then wouldn't do anything. I found that thread a saviour and rolled my firmware on the create back to 1.54 using the demo version of design studio. Can't use it with my Gypsy now but at least it cuts again with my carts.Laugh

Hth. Xxsue
 1 user thanked Rachelsmum for this useful post.
A. G.Lacy on 8/4/2012(UTC)
A. G.Lacy Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2012 7:19:27 PM(UTC)
A. G.Lacy

Originally Posted by: Rachelsmum Go to Quoted Post
Hi, see the post by CarolynBatts further down this thread. I had exactly the same problem funnily enough after taking my create to school to cut out things! I used it with my Gypsy, it updated sort off then wouldn't do anything. I found that thread a saviour and rolled my firmware on the create back to 1.54 using the demo version of design studio. Can't use it with my Gypsy now but at least it cuts again with my carts.Laugh

Hth. Xxsue

Many thanks. As soon as I can get a few minutes of down time I'll work on my Create. Not sure about the PC updates. My Gypsy died after an update and I was frantic. I guess we get used to our tools. I was able to follow very detailed instructions to repair it and had to reload my 100+ cartridges. I'm very dependent on using it and love the portability.
I'll let you know how things turn out.