Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

susanjoydesignsc32cab8b Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2012 8:51:07 PM(UTC)
susanjoydesignsc32cab8b

Groups: Registered

Just wondering if anyone is having cutting issues. These designs are very intricate and I find they don't cut through all the way. Do I just need to replace my blade or cut a bigger design? Help if help is out there.
Thanks
Godot's Girl Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2012 9:00:15 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2972 time(s) in 1784 post(s)
I do not have this cart, so cannot help. Someone will come along who will, though. Good luck! GG
Patty R Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:20:49 PM(UTC)
Patty R

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hello,
Not sure if you found your answers to this yet.

For some of these cuts you will need to make at least 2-3 in.(Lace type cuts)

I suggest you SLOW your speed all the way down.
Texture card stock cut at 4 pressure, Blade 5

The thicker the paper the higher the numbers.

Also if you are using the E2 machine you may need to use the highest settings on the machine.
GrannaSAnne Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:14:02 PM(UTC)
GrannaSAnne

United States

Originally Posted by: Patty R Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

For some of these cuts you will need to make at least 2-3 in.(Lace type cuts)

I don't quite understand your response. Are you saying you need to make at least 2 cuts? Or make the design at least 2-3 in size (as in inches)? Or are you saying you need to have the blade cut the design at least 2-3 in times (as in number of times the blade cuts)?

GrannaSAnne Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:22:41 PM(UTC)
GrannaSAnne

United States

Originally Posted by: susanjoydesignsc32cab8b Go to Quoted Post
Just wondering if anyone is having cutting issues. These designs are very intricate and I find they don't cut through all the way. Do I just need to replace my blade or cut a bigger design? Help if help is out there.
Thanks

I know this is an old post but there are always newbies to the world of Cricut so I thought I'd try to answer as I have had the same issue.

Although it is possible the blade may need to be replaced (if it has had a lot of wear as in about 500 cuts) before you do that first check the blade to make sure there isn't a tiny piece of paper caught up in the housing (happens sometimes). That can cause cutting issues big time and is a simple fix.

Also, before replacing the blade, try increasing the amount of pressure on the pressure dial. You could also try increasing the depth of the blade cut (which is the dial on the blade itself). For heavier cardstock, you may need to increase it all the way to 6.

The other thing you can try is increasing the number of cuts. Try adjusting it from the default of "1" to "2". Sometimes on thicker papers the blade may need to go over the cut more than once to get it cleanly.

What I found helpful is once I find the right combination for a certain type of paper I write that down on a scrap piece. That way when I go to cut another similar weight I don't have to experiment...the info is handy!

Hope this helps.
Kiethann Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:28:20 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 743 time(s) in 566 post(s)
I think she means that if your image is very intricate (lacy) you need to make sure the size is no smaller than 2 inches. Most machines has settings ranging from 3/4 inch up to 11+ inches. The more fancy the design is limits how small you can make the image. Hope this helps you.

Also once you find the best setting for a particular brand of cardstock, you could jot down the settings in the cartridge book at the back, or do as my sister does. She has a dry erase board on the wall close to her machine and she jots down the information on it. She also writes down what size the image is she is cutting (especially if she is making more than one of the same image.)