Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Mercy Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 12:24:17 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
You might have an older version of Cricut Sync on your desktop as the updated Cricut Sync, until PC releases a fix, you cannot backup your files. Therefore, when you connect your G to C Sync, it will tell you that there is an update to Cricut Sync, click no, click no to update Adobe Air and click no to update. That should take you to the project window so backup your files. After you have backed up your files, then if you desire, you can update C Sync, Adobe Air and your Gypsy. Please know that after you update, any files that you create from that point on, until a fix is released, the newly created files might not be backed up or they could be lost from a possible reformat and restore. I do not recall when or the build in which we lost the ability to backup our files but if I had to guess, perhaps one of the builds in the latter part of last year or the beginning of this year, 2012.

If you have to reformat and restore your Gypsy which will erase everything on your G, then afterwards your linked carts and the promo carts of 2010 should appear linked on your Gypsy.

Remember, while updating, reformatting, restoring, cutting or linking; make sure your G is connected to an electrical outlet. Never unplug the cable from your Gypsy until you have exited out of C Sync and you see the Welcome Screen on your Gypsy.
 6 users thanked Mercy for this useful post.
jojoy on 8/8/2012(UTC), DoodleBug2 on 8/8/2012(UTC), PamM on 8/8/2012(UTC), Debbie10 on 8/10/2012(UTC), Theresa S on 8/18/2012(UTC), powdermama on 11/26/2012(UTC)
carolgreer1 Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2012 4:23:49 PM(UTC)
carolgreer1

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
i am hoping someone can help me before i call cs. i updated my gypsy last night as it hadn't been done in a long time. i rarely use it except to do a search. anyway, it seemed to be done but now it won't go past the welcome screen. when i tap the cricut button (instead of the wrench or the photo thing) it waits a few minutes and then goes right back to the welcome screen. any suggestions?
carolgreer1 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2012 4:24:56 PM(UTC)
carolgreer1

i am hoping someone can help me before i call cs. i updated my gypsy last night as it hadn't been done in a long time. i rarely use it except to do a search. anyway, it seemed to be done but now it won't go past the welcome screen. when i tap the cricut button (instead of the wrench or the photo thing) it waits a few minutes and then goes right back to the welcome screen. any suggestions?
Mercy Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2012 8:08:02 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: carolgreer1 Go to Quoted Post

If you have not called CS yet, click the below link and follow the instructions in 4B. If that does not work, follow the instructions in 4C Let us know the outcome.

http://main.cricut.com/c...TIPS-FOR-CALLING-PC.aspx
carolgreer1 Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 3:58:51 PM(UTC)
carolgreer1

i cannot thank you enough...i tried your suggestions and after a LOT of trial and error(i am not the most savvy computer user) it worked. i did the reformat and restore and it seems to be just fine now...now i will be afraid to update the E2 but that's ok...don't cut that much from the gypsy and can always use the expression. again, thanks so much!
Mercy Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 3:54:54 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: carolgreer1 Go to Quoted Post
i cannot thank you enough...i tried your suggestions and after a LOT of trial and error(i am not the most savvy computer user) it worked. i did the reformat and restore and it seems to be just fine now...now i will be afraid to update the E2 but that's ok...don't cut that much from the gypsy and can always use the expression. again, thanks so much!

You are welcome and glad that it worked! When you feel comfortable in updating the E2, hopefully the update will work and if not, then you know where to find us! :) Enjoy!BigGrin
scrapbookinfun Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2012 11:37:27 AM(UTC)
scrapbookinfun

Ugh! Wished I would have read this before sync/updated my gypsy. I have lost over 80 project files!! How does PC let this happen? ThumbDown
Sherri Kay Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2012 11:51:15 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2396 time(s) in 2148 post(s)
That's terrible! I feel so bad for you. Crying
KrisWest Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 11:22:02 AM(UTC)
KrisWest

BUMP

I just want to make sure others see this. I did not and am really bummed OhMyGod but I really should have known better. This really is like every time IT use to take my computer at work and I would back up everything just in case!!! Oh well, lesson learned.
KarenSeal Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:40:58 AM(UTC)
KarenSeal

I have not updated cricut sync for ages and i have never backed up my gypsy. However I think my gypsy is going to fail soon as i have had the blue light and black screen. Luckily if have used the pin hole at the back and it has reset itself. I now need to back it up. When I try cricut sync is tells me there is a new update and it gives me the option to update, to uninstall and to use my previous version. I am clicking on using the previous version but it then just goes round in circles. Any suggestions and does anyone know if the new update now allows you to back up your files/cartridges.

thank you