Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sassy_k2899f0c42a Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2012 6:53:53 PM(UTC)
sassy_k2899f0c42a

Groups: Registered

i just bought a used cricut expression, and it loads the paper fine. tries to cut scraches the paper but does not cut all the way through if i set the it higher it tear the paper in some places and barley cuts in others lots of fuzzies too help Crying do i need a new blade?
TulipCollector Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2012 8:12:43 PM(UTC)
TulipCollector

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 7222 time(s) in 2516 post(s)
You may have paper caught on the blade, or you may need a new blade. You have depth settings on the blade housing as well as the dial.

Good luck.
lrbivlsw69e5f2f7 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 4:33:01 PM(UTC)
lrbivlsw69e5f2f7

I have had my cricut expression for awhile, whenever I try to cut detailed items like flowers the same thing happensSad I have tried changing the blade, changing the pressure, changing the speed, I'm just tired of this happening and not having anyone to help me................
Maxluv Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 4:45:32 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

United States

Was thanked: 483 time(s) in 370 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lrbivlsw69e5f2f7 Go to Quoted Post
I have had my cricut expression for awhile, whenever I try to cut detailed items like flowers the same thing happensSad I have tried changing the blade, changing the pressure, changing the speed, I'm just tired of this happening and not having anyone to help me................

Have you called PC? Maybe they can help you. Sometimes its not the machine its the paper that one is using, different paper cuts differently.
Larmabee Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 5:30:29 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I would take the blade housing out of the machine and check for a teeny piece of paper caught beside the blade. Blow out all the fuzzies. Above Rubies blog has a good guide for all sorts of paper listing the settings needed (depth, pressure and speed)for each based on basic and intricate cuts. I have it loaded on my phone for easy reference.
cutting guide link

Hope this helps!
Higgisue Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2012 9:08:58 AM(UTC)
Higgisue

United Kingdom

Hi everyone, I am a newbie to Cricut and have the Cricut create. I am having the same problem with cutting papers. They either done cut through or tear the paper. I have tried allsort changing setting on pressure, depth and still struggle. Someone mentioned Rubies blog...... can you let me know where this is? Many thanks
sueBlushing
Larmabee Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2012 9:21:24 AM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Hi Sue
If you click on the words "cutting guide link" in the post above yours it will take you to Above Rubies site. You will need to download the guide.
Higgisue Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2012 9:59:44 AM(UTC)
Higgisue

United Kingdom

thanks
Madscrapinmim Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2012 3:53:16 PM(UTC)
Madscrapinmim

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Here are some things you can try:

1. Make sure you have a brand-new blade. If you got your machine used, any of the blades that came with it might be worn out. Worn out blades can cause the paper to tear while cutting.

2. Make sure the blade is properly locked into the housing unit and that the housing unit is secure and tight inside the machine. (Housing units are also available for replacment)

3. Are you using a new mat? Sometimes if the mat gets old, pieces of left-over gunk and paper can affect the cutting.

4. Update your machine by connecting it to a computer and downloading Cricut Sync (a free software).

5. Using a slightly damp cloth, gently clean the area on the machine where the blade cuts (the silver strip may show some scratch marks)and dry

6. Adjust the blade housing depth (usually 4 or works well for most cardstock).

7. Adjust the pressure setting dial, I usually use med or med-high.

8. If you are using the gypsy with the expression 2, before you press the "cut" button on the gypsy, make sure you have also adjusted the pressure on the gypsy screen

9. Not all cardstock works well. I find that the "soft" sheets you sometimes find at joann's are just a pain to cut because they always tear!

10. Really thin paper also seems to tear during cutting. Sometimes it just takes a few times when working with it to get a perfect cut.

11. The speed of the cutting usually works best at medium or slow speed for me

12. If all else fails, look carefully at the machine while it cuts. Is the housing unit coming down to make a cut? If not, the machine may be broken. If the housing unit does come down and it appears as thought the blade is touching the paper, it may only be the housing unit that is broken.

13. You can contact Provo Craft on weekdays 8-5 (1.800.937.7686). They may be able to come up with more solutions. They may also suggest you send your machine in for repairs.

Best of Luck!

daniscrp34017556 Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:51:07 PM(UTC)
daniscrp34017556

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I recently bought a used Expression 2. I had the same problem with paper not cutting. I noticed that the carriage that holds the blade was plastic but the one that came with my original Cricut was metal so I switched them and it worked great.
jacklyn81211e610b Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:22:14 PM(UTC)
jacklyn81211e610b

A friend and I were having the same problem. We changed the blade and realized that wasnt the problem. It mostly happened with textured cardstock. What i did was used the canned air and as I had the machine turning on and using the arrows to move the blade around i dusted it all out on the inside. It works 10 times better now. Must be little dust particles collecting inside of it. I hope this works for you. I know it was very frustrating for me.
jacklyn81211e610b Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:25:35 PM(UTC)
jacklyn81211e610b

Also make sure there are no spots of the paper that are not attached to the mat. Like an 'air bubble'.
busymom247d646fe3f Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 7:19:38 AM(UTC)
busymom247d646fe3f

I have an Expression machine that I bought in 2009 and just opened for the first time. I put the cutting assembly into position and everything looked good but when I went to use it nothing is being cut out at all, not even any scratches. I tried different pressure settings and checked to make sure there was a blade inside. Blink Help!
Maxluv Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 8:35:21 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

United States

Originally Posted by: busymom247d646fe3f Go to Quoted Post
I have an Expression machine that I bought in 2009 and just opened for the first time. I put the cutting assembly into position and everything looked good but when I went to use it nothing is being cut out at all, not even any scratches. I tried different pressure settings and checked to make sure there was a blade inside. Blink Help!

WOW 5 yrs and you just opened it..are you sure that the blade housing is in correct? Is it even touching the paper? Sounds like its not in correct if it not even making any marks on the paper if there is a blade in there.

ARaeEv Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:43:01 PM(UTC)
ARaeEv

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I got an E2 in January and it would not cut through the paper. I called CS and they sent a new housing and blade, but that didn't fix the problem. The machine was scratching and scoring the paper, but never cutting through it. I called CS again and they had me disable the old machine and sent a brand new machine that now works just fine.

Give CS a call and see what they say.
Maxluv Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 5:05:03 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

United States

Originally Posted by: ARaeEv Go to Quoted Post
I got an E2 in January and it would not cut through the paper. I called CS and they sent a new housing and blade, but that didn't fix the problem. The machine was scratching and scoring the paper, but never cutting through it. I called CS again and they had me disable the old machine and sent a brand new machine that now works just fine.

Give CS a call and see what they say.

Might work, but she's had her machine for 5 yrs.