Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Kitty347 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2012 10:42:05 AM(UTC)
Kitty347

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Here's the situation: I just bought the new Fontopia cartridge. I updated my Gypsy from Cricut Sync software and installed the cartridge onto my Gypsy. I now need to update my Expression to access the new cartridge. I went to "Update my Cricut" on App screen of my Gypsy. I got the message "firmware is compatible with the Gypsy" and I can't update the Expression. I tried turning off the Cricut, holding down the stop and power button, waited for the beep, then indicated which machine I am using, and got the same result. What am I doing wrong, and how can I get my Expression updated with new cartridges? Please help! I'm already looking at more new cartridges!
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2012 2:05:51 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7883 time(s) in 3691 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kitty347 Go to Quoted Post
Here's the situation: I just bought the new Fontopia cartridge. I updated my Gypsy from Cricut Sync software and installed the cartridge onto my Gypsy. I now need to update my Expression to access the new cartridge. I went to "Update my Cricut" on App screen of my Gypsy. I got the message "firmware is compatible with the Gypsy" and I can't update the Expression. I tried turning off the Cricut, holding down the stop and power button, waited for the beep, then indicated which machine I am using, and got the same result. What am I doing wrong, and how can I get my Expression updated with new cartridges? Please help! I'm already looking at more new cartridges!

If the firmware on your Expression is 2.34 or 2:43 you don't need to update. (There's no firmware update newer thn 2:43).

Are you being prompted to update when you try to cut?
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
lynettedavis103cfc386 on 9/16/2012(UTC)
Kitty347 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 11:50:21 AM(UTC)
Kitty347

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was really frustrated yesterday and shut my Cricut down and walked away. That's when I posted this inquiry. The poblem was this: When I tried to cut a Fontopia character, I got a message about not being able to do that. I wasn't sure of the exact wording, so I just started up my Expression and Gypsy and tried to cut a single character and lo-and-behold, it cut! I did absolutely nothing to it since yesterday, so I don't know how it straightened itself out, but it did! I really appreciate your quick response to my problem. It's good to know there's help out there, since there's not much in the way of troubleshooting help in the manual. Thanks again!!
 1 user thanked Kitty347 for this useful post.
Narelle on 8/15/2012(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:58:19 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7883 time(s) in 3691 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kitty347 Go to Quoted Post
I was really frustrated yesterday and shut my Cricut down and walked away. That's when I posted this inquiry. The poblem was this: When I tried to cut a Fontopia character, I got a message about not being able to do that. I wasn't sure of the exact wording, so I just started up my Expression and Gypsy and tried to cut a single character and lo-and-behold, it cut! I did absolutely nothing to it since yesterday, so I don't know how it straightened itself out, but it did! I really appreciate your quick response to my problem. It's good to know there's help out there, since there's not much in the way of troubleshooting help in the manual. Thanks again!!

No problem!

And congratulations.... it's only taken nearly 6 years but you finally posted!!!! LOL