Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

25 Pages123>»
KelleyRooks Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:22:04 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
This round is going to be a little different and it will be the last one until after Christmas.

What is different: Less items and shorter time frame.
What is the same: Still a low or no cost swap.

DUE DATE TO YOUR PARTNER(S): OCTOBER 18th (Due date - not mail date)

This is a Fall or Halloween themed Swap. When you sign up indicate which group you would like or both.

Rules:

1. Make 3homemade items.

2. Your mq coordinates must be listed under your avatar and answer the questions for this swap.

3. Be a good swap partner: Read your partner's MQ and answers, do your best work, it is less items so make them count. When asking for items be sure to include items that they would have in their stash. PM your partner with your contact information in case you cannot get on the board.

5. Must post at least once per week. (Chat)

6. NO DRAMA. Be kind and supportive to others. (If there is an issue, please pm me)

7. MAIL ON TIME AND POST DC# ON BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If there is an emergency, or if you and your partner both agree to mail late please contact me asap. Things happen, but communication is the key.

8. Once you receive your items, please acknowledge receipt and post pictures. If you know you have difficulty posting picutres, please let your partner know at the beginning of the swap so that they can take pictures before they send.

9, In fairness to everyone, please do not advertise items you have for sale or list links to our store, etc.

Fall:
1. Kelley
2. BeachBum
3 JeanP
4. GrammaP
5. SherrieStevens
6. trvkladd
7. KarynJohnson2
8. MaureenSala
9. Ksqueenb
10. Luvskrapin
11. ScrappinMomma
12. Cricut Junky
13. EvelynRobinson
14. Cricut Crazy
15. Birdseye
16 Blynbrn
17. Jen
18. Joysee

Halloween:
1. Kelley
2. Beachbum
3. Pamela
4. Sherrie Stevens
5. ScrappinGwen
6. Candy
7. Planlady19
8. ScrappinChic
9. KsqueenB
10. Luvskrapin
11. COB
12. Jcreate
13. Beanie
14. EvelynRobinson
15. Cricut Crazy
16. BirdsEye
17. Peachy
18. Cindy Adamson
19. Kaui Melody
20. ArmyWife25
21. Joysee
22. Adens Nana
Fall:
1. Kelley and Brklynbrn
2. BeachBum and Ksqueenb
3 JeanP and trvkladd
4. GrammaP and MaureenSala
5. SherrieStevens and EvelynRobinson
6. trvkladd and JeanP
7. KarynJohnson2 and CricutCrazy
8. MaureenSala and GrammaP
9. Ksqueenb and BeachBum
10. Luvskrapin and ScrappinMomma
11. ScrappinMomma and Luvskrapin
12. Cricut Junky and Birdseye
13. EvelynRobinson and SherrieStevens
14. Cricut Crazy and KarynJohnson2
15. Birdseye and CricutJunky
16 brklyn brn and Kelley
17. Jen and Joysee
18. Joysee and Jen

Halloween:
1. Kelley and Pamela
2. Beachbum and COB
3. Pamela and Kelley
4. Sherrie Stevens and Luvskrapin
5. ScrappinGwen and Planlady 19
6. Candy and CindyAdamson
7. Planlady19 and ScrappinGwen
8. ScrappinChic and Peachy
9. KsqueenB and BirdsEye
10. Luvskrapin and SherrieStevens
11. COB and BeachBum
12. Jcreate and EvelynRobinson
13. Beanie and Cricut Crazy
14. EvelynRobinson and Jcreate
15. Cricut Crazy and Beanie
16. BirdsEye and KSqueenB
17. Peachy and ScrappinChic
18. Cindy Adamson and Candy
19. Kuai Melody and Armywife25
20. armywife25 and Kuai Melody
21. joysee and AdensNana
22. Adens nana and Joysee

Edited by user Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:41:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked KelleyRooks for this useful post.
~Pamela~ on 8/14/2012(UTC)
KelleyRooks Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:23:17 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

This will be a fun and simple swap.

1. What group do you want to be in: Halloween, Fall, or Both (If both- then you will have two partners and make 6 items).

2. What themed items would you like (examples but not limited to - a banner, a sign, altered blocks, an altered canvas, cards, a treat container, a mini, etc)?

3. Are there things about the the theme you chose that you really like or dislike? For example I like fall and I am not a big scarecrow fan unless it is from wizard of the oz (BigGrin).

****I will stress again that this a low cost/no cost swap. Please try to use good materials and make the items well. Although this round is shorter, there is still plenty of time to do a really good job. I was impressed with the quality of workmanship in round 7 and would like to see that again.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:22:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KelleyRooks Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:24:24 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

My Answers:

1. What group do you want to be in: Halloween, Fall, or Both (If both- then you will have two partners and make 6 items). BOTH.

2. What themed items would you like (examples but not limited to - a banner, a sign, altered blocks, an altered canvas, cards, a treat container, a mini, etc)? I would love a banner, sign, canvas. Any home decor items I would love. I have had my house for two years and really have yet to decorate for any of the holidays other than Christmas. All our decorations for the other holidays were destroyed in storageCrying So anything that I can put out to be festive, would be awesome.

3. Is there things about the the theme you chose that you really like or dislike? I am not a fan of over the top cutesy decorations. Also not a big fan of scarecrows unless it is from wizard of the oz.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:38:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Beach_Bum Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:56:04 AM(UTC)
Beach_Bum

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 215 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Hi Kelley..... I would love to join your swap!

My Answers:

1. What group do you want to be in: BOTH. For Fall... Thanksgiving would be fine.

2. What themed items would you like (examples but not limited to - a banner, a sign, altered blocks, an altered canvas, cards, a treat container, a mini, etc)? I would love a banner, sign, canvas.

3. Is there things about the the theme you chose that you really like or dislike? I am not a fan of over the top cutesy decorations. Also not a big fan of zombies or eye balls hanging from sockets... no scary stuff!

Thanks.... Ronnie
~Pamela~ Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:32:06 PM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)

1. What group do you want to be in: Halloween, Fall, or Both (If both- then you will have two partners and make 6 items). Halloween please!

2. What themed items would you like (examples but not limited to - a banner, a sign, altered blocks, an altered canvas, cards, a treat container, a mini, etc)? I would love a banner, canvas or any Halloween themed deco.

3. Is there things about the the theme you chose that you really like or dislike? For example I like fall and I am not a big scarecrow fan unless it is from wizard of the oz (). I love everything Halloween themed.
KelleyRooks Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:36:55 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

YAY!
JeanP Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:42:09 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 952 time(s) in 766 post(s)
I will sign up for Fall!!!

My Answers:

1. What group do you want to be in: FALL

2. What themed items would you like?
Any type of decoration that I can use on my table or coffee table. I go with a scarecrow theme for Thanksgiving(napkins, napkin holders, tablecloth)
I have a basket (that I made) on my coffee table and I change what goes in it with the seasons. Poinsettias for Christmas, daffodils for Spring, etc, etc. Something to put in it for fall would be nice.
Some other ideas (but not limitied to) would be flower/bead sprays, altered blocks, canvas, 12X12 scrapbook pages. Completed embellishments for Fall scrapbook pages.
Something new or different.

I DO NOT need any mini albums, altered notebooks, boxes or bags.

3. Are there things about the the theme you chose that you really like or dislike?
I am not a fan of over the top cutesy or girly decorations. I am more of a natural kind of girl!

Edited by user Friday, August 17, 2012 8:18:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: additional ideas

KelleyRooks Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:00:52 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

You can take all the time you need Jean. I won't be posting partners until full so you have a little bit. I know a few are having problems with the new board.
GrammaP Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:09:50 PM(UTC)
GrammaP

United States

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 146 post(s)
count me in for Fall and I will be back to answer questions later--internet is sporadic now but is being fixed tomorrow so don't worry

. What group do you want to be in: Fall,

2. What themed items would you like - a banner, a sign, altered blocks, an altered canvas,s urprise me

3. Are there things about the the theme you chose that you really like or dislike? no

Edited by user Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:22:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SherrieStevens Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:18:29 PM(UTC)
SherrieStevens

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 144 post(s)
I'm in for both Fall and Halloween and both being cutesy

Here is what I would like

Altered blocks
Picture frame with a saying
Cards
An altered canvas
An altered album
Stick pins

THanks SHerrie

Edited by user Friday, August 17, 2012 7:36:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KelleyRooks Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:30:49 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Yay! Updated to here.
trvkladd Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:22:30 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi Kelley~

Are you going to be giving directives for what to make or can it be anything we want it to be?

I would love to play, if you'll have me! I'd like to join the Fall group please.....

My answers to the following questions.....

1. What group do you want to be in: Halloween, Fall, or Both (If both- then you will have two partners and make 6 items). Fall

2. What themed items would you like (examples but not limited to - a banner, a sign, altered blocks, an altered canvas, cards, a treat container, a mini, etc)? I would love a sign, cards & a treat container...what's a mini???

3. Are there things about the the theme you chose that you really like or dislike? For example I like fall and I am not a big scarecrow fan unless it is from wizard of the oz (BigGrin). I love all things fall. I'm not a big fan of "flat" one dimensional stickers. Other than that I'm pretty easy to please.
BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Thanks
~Rebecca

Edited by user Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:40:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: more info

ScrappinGwen Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:25:23 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 779 time(s) in 615 post(s)
Originally Posted by: trvkladd Go to Quoted Post
Hi Kelley~

Are you going to be giving directives for what to make or can it be anything we want it to be?

I would love to play, if you'll have me!

Thanks
~Rebecca

You get to make what you want to make, though your partner may give you some hints or ideas on what she'd really like to receive.

1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
trvkladd on 8/14/2012(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:27:21 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
You get to make what you want to make, though your partner may give you some hints or ideas on what she'd really like to receive.

I'm going to join the Halloween group please!

1. What group do you want to be in: Halloween

2. What themed items would you like (examples but not limited to - a banner, a sign, altered blocks, an altered canvas, cards, a treat container, a mini, etc)? any of these listed!

I am always looking for ideas for Halloween cards for my DGD, 10, or DGS, 6. If you happen to be a stamp collector, then even stamped images on copic safe paper that I can color myself would be great.

Also, something like a treat container I would probably use for giving to my DGC.

Altered blocks is something I would showcase on my kitchen mantle to enjoy daily.

A mini - I take pics of the DGC each year, so that is something that would be put to good use too if you are one that likes to make minis. And I do mean something small scale - nothing large.

3. Are there things about the the theme you chose that you really like or dislike? I just don't like tombstones and RIP please. I love witches. And anything more childish for DGC would be most appropriate too.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:43:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

trvkladd Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:35:44 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)

Thanks Gwynne~

That sounds like fun! Can't wait to get started.

~Rebecca

JeanP Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:48:32 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: trvkladd Go to Quoted Post
Hi Kelley~

I would love to play, if you'll have me! I'd like to join the Fall group please.....

My answers to the following questions.....

1. What group do you want to be in: Halloween, Fall, or Both (If both- then you will have two partners and make 6 items). Fall

2. What themed items would you like (examples but not limited to - a banner, a sign, altered blocks, an altered canvas, cards, a treat container, a mini, etc)? I would love a sign, cards & a treat container...what's a mini???

3. Are there things about the the theme you chose that you really like or dislike? For example I like fall and I am not a big scarecrow fan unless it is from wizard of the oz (BigGrin). I love all things fall. I'm not a big fan of "flat" one dimensional stickers. Other than that I'm pretty easy to please.
BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Thanks
~Rebecca

A "mini" is a mini album. Some people are pros at making them(like Gwynne & Kelley)

1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
trvkladd on 8/16/2012(UTC)
KelleyRooks Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:35:30 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Gwynne and Jean thanks for answering questionsBigGrin

TVKrladd welcome to this swap. On the all homemade swaps here is a brief rundown of some tips:

Get to know your partner as it will be easier to make them something they love.

The challenge is to use what you have while creating great work. If you need to buy something that is fine, but try to keep the cost low.

Good craftsmanship is required for any level. Make sure things are adhered properly, inked edges, good paper, etc.

Make something that would love to have yourself.

The list of examples I put in the previous post is just suggestions, so just know you are not limited to those.

Oh and most of all HAVE FUN!

Kel
 1 user thanked KelleyRooks for this useful post.
trvkladd on 8/16/2012(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:47:12 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Jean forgot to mention CandyHazzard's as far as being a pro at making a variety of mini albums! I have an awesome one from her from last year's Halloween swap we were in.

(and yes, Kelley makes awesome minis as I am lucky to have one from her too from xmas!)
JeanP Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:57:38 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Jean forgot to mention CandyHazzard's as far as being a pro at making a variety of mini albums! I have an awesome one from her from last year's Halloween swap we were in.

(and yes, Kelley makes awesome minis as I am lucky to have one from her too from xmas!)

Candy is the master at themBigGrin BigGrin I **** at them LOL LOL LOL

Sumrbrez Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:57:49 PM(UTC)
Sumrbrez

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 275 time(s) in 255 post(s)
My Answers:

1. What group do you want to be in: Halloween, Fall, or Both (If both- then you will have two partners and make 6 items). FALL

2. What themed items would you like (examples but not limited to - a banner, a sign, altered blocks, an altered canvas, cards, a treat container, a mini, etc)? An altered canvas, cards for Thanksgiving, a mini (I still have to learn how to make one) a treat container (YUMMY - I LOVE TREATS) or some unique idea my partner would like to make BigGrin

3. Is there things about the the theme you chose that you really like or dislike? I am not a fan of over the top cutesy decorations. Also a big fan of scarecrow from wizard of the oz. Love Love Love Wizard of Oz

Edited by user Thursday, August 16, 2012 4:20:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CandyHazzard Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:30:02 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Gee thanks guys ... mini's are just so much fun to makeBigGrin

I'm in Kelley

1. What group do you want to be in: Halloween, Fall, or Both (If both- then you will have two partners and make 6 items). Halloween

2. What themed items would you like (examples but not limited to - a banner, a sign, altered blocks, an altered canvas, cards, a treat container, a mini, etc)? A banner, a canvas, a sign, blocks ... any sort of Halloween decoration

3. Are there things about the the theme you chose that you really like or dislike? Nothing gory
~Pamela~ Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:17:05 AM(UTC)
~Pamela~

I haven't been on the board in a while so I wonder if this is a new thing. But I can't get threads to show up in my favorites anymore. I check add to favorites and some show up and some don't. Then when I log out and back in they are all gone again. Anyone else having this problem?
KelleyRooks Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:50:43 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: ~Pamela~ Go to Quoted Post
I haven't been on the board in a while so I wonder if this is a new thing. But I can't get threads to show up in my favorites anymore. I check add to favorites and some show up and some don't. Then when I log out and back in they are all gone again. Anyone else having this problem?

There is a time line drop down box - change it to include all the dates and they will show up.
~Pamela~ Offline
#24 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 10:08:46 AM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Thank you Kelley!
planlady19 Offline
#25 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 11:17:15 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 265 post(s)
Ok i was going to skip but can't pass up Halloween - UPDATED

This will be a fun and simple swap.

1. What group do you want to be in: Halloween, Fall, or Both (If both- then you will have two partners and make 6 items). Halloween

2. What themed items would you like (examples but not limited to - a banner, a sign, altered blocks, an altered canvas, cards, a treat container, a mini, etc)? a sign, banner or altered canvas,

3. Are there things about the the theme you chose that you really like or dislike? For example I like fall and I am not a big scarecrow fan unless it is from wizard of the oz (). i like anything halloween as long as it is not bloody or such..I know Kelly close your eyes but Halloween can be cutesy or if you want steampunk halloween would be fun.

terri

Edited by user Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:44:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#26 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 11:42:56 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

All I can to Terri is HA! gotcha!

You will be in same pumpkin as the rest of us!
KelleyRooks Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 12:34:44 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Yay she joined. K
scrappin'momma Offline
#28 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:57:43 PM(UTC)
scrappin'momma

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Kelley, will you please add me? I'll come back later and add my responses! Thanks.
KelleyRooks Offline
#29 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:06:37 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: scrappin'momma Go to Quoted Post
Kelley, will you please add me? I'll come back later and add my responses! Thanks.

Of course - which group(s)?
scrappinchic Offline
#30 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:49:49 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Please add me to the Halloween group! Thanks!

2. What themed items would you like (examples but not limited to - a banner, a sign, altered blocks, an altered canvas, cards, a treat container, a mini, etc)? banner, a sign, picture frame with a saying, mini album, altered blocks

3. Are there things about the the theme you chose that you really like or dislike? For example I like fall and I am not a big scarecrow fan unless it is from wizard of the oz ().
I don't like cutesy Halloween. I like potion bottles, crows, skeletons, haunted houses, pumpkins and such. Just for an idea I love the new ECHO Park collection...Chillingworth ManorLove !

I am really open and will love anything for home decor!

Edited by user Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:53:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified