Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

31 Pages«<1617181920>»
scrappinchic Offline
#511 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:20:32 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Good morning!

Big waves to my SS's!

Ronnie have fun at the BBQ! There is a big BBQ going on in Charlotte this weekend. I would love to attend but don't see it happening! However I could make me some BBQCool ! Mine is not as yummy as having it smoked but its still goodBigGrin ! I like to add red pepper flakes in while its cooking for me and DH, then homemade slaw and texas pete! YUMMYLove !

Rhonda I hope you are all better today!

GrandmaJ how are your fingers and hands after stamping all those images? I am so thankful that you do the buy in swap! I can't wait to see the lovely images from the Christmas collection!

I hope you all have a fantastic day!

Heart2hand Offline
#512 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:45:43 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Was thanked: 545 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Good morning ladies...

Teri....I feel like C*** and didn't go to work today and calling the Dr back. The note the wrote for work said to return today....but I do not feel like I can....so I'm staying home. THe Azithromycian???? make me nausea....and tummy cramps....DO NOT LIKE that at all. WHY me Lord....WHy me!!!!!!!!! I HATE being sick.....

Jess....no better ....I sleep more than anything else...ughhh.

Donna...sounds like you have been productive in your craft room....KUDOS to you.

Beach_bum....hope the BBQ fest goes well. Great earnings for a 2-day event!!!!!

HUGs
rhonda
scrappinchic Offline
#513 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:49:50 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Rhonda! I hate you are still sick! Prayers coming your way! You may need to call your doctor back! Hugs girlie!
Heart2hand Offline
#514 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:57:16 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Thanks Jess....It's great to have friends that understand.

HUGS
rhonda
grandmaJ Offline
#515 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:08:01 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Was thanked: 771 time(s) in 641 post(s)
Good Morning Secret Santa Sisters! I am so tired this morning...could just nod off sitting right here! Better grab more caffiene!!!

Rhonda, so sorry to hear you are not getting any better. Sounds to me like you are getting worse! Sleeping is probably good for you, but I agree, you might want to call the dr back. It isn't good if your meds make you feel worse! Hope the boss doesn't give you a bad time about being off again. If he does, tell him to come find us!

BeachBum, sounds like a busy weekend coming up! Hope the weather doesn't chase away any of the profits for your group! It is spose to get chilly here too with highs in the upper 40's this weekend. Brrrrrr....... I'll bet you are a hoot as bartender!! Have fun with it!

Tried to do a little online shopping this am but scrapbook.com was gonna charge almost $10 for shipping a $15 order...so I dumped my cart and will have to do some online searching for cheaper shipping.

Better get to movin. baby is here and hasn't eaten yet this morning so when he wakes up he will be starvin...or at least think he is! Have a great day!
cricutjunky Offline
#516 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 6:39:01 AM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Rhonda, sorry to hear your still sick, do you think it maybe the steriods the doctor gave you, I'd be calling her, Prayer for relief!! Love
1CoolMom Offline
#517 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 8:35:59 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 279 post(s)
Rhonda, Sorry you are not feeling better. Hopefully, the doctor will be able to give you some relief soon.

I got my ornament finished. Now I just have to put some finishing touches on things and gift wrap then it is ready to go.

Aden's_Nana Offline
#518 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:17:49 AM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 203 post(s)
OMG Rhonda, sorry to hear you still aren't feeling better. Hopefully the dr. can give you something stronger and get you feeling back to normal soon, this has been going on to long.

I am almost finished with my second handmade item, I just need to decide on how I want to put it together. I need to go back over my first project and do some minor tweaking, I am not happy with a couple of things on it. I have an idea for a third project and I think I have everything to make it already, just need to get some time to work on it. I also need to do some shopping for my SS. I have bought a few things already, I want to try my best to get her as much of her wishlist as possible so I need to do some looking around and find the best deals.

Hope everyone has a great day and gets to do some crafting.

Jackie
armywife25 Offline
#519 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:24:34 PM(UTC)
armywife25

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
WOOHOO Almost dont with my ornament. It only took me FOREVER to think of what I wanted to do lol
STW Offline
#520 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 6:47:35 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Hi, ladies. Just checking in. Rhonda, so sorry you're still sick. It's the pits.....

Still haven't completed my handmade item, but I did get the supplies, so at least I now know what I'm going to do! Hopefully, I'll get it completed over the weekend and I'll be finished...with hopefully being the key word here! I have to go to a family reunion 2 1/2 hours away with my bf tomorrow afternoon and then turn around and come back home (before he and the rest of his family does) Saturday morning to go with my son and his FIANCEBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin to look at wedding venues. (Just love having to be in 2 places at one time - not!)

Have a great weekend, everyone. Big wave to my SS!

grandmaJ Offline
#521 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 4:06:33 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning everyone! So glad it is finally Friday! And I should have an easier day of work today so that is even better! AND....no weekend plans so that is even better still!!!! Whooohoooooo! A crafting I shall be!

I saw a neat ornament a couple days ago and might give it a try! Hopefully it works!! Sometimes I wonder what makes people think to try these things!! I mean....where do they come up with some of these ideas!!! And why don't I think of them!!!

Wavin to both my Secret Santa Sisters! I wonder....if we can't sing Christmas songs yet, can we maybe give some hints? For instance, my secret santa sister lives in...North America!
Heart2hand Offline
#522 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 4:32:12 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Good morning ...

Thanks for the kind words and prayers friends. I need them. The meds she gave me was just tooo strong for my body...so she called in a smaller doze (mg) of the same thing...it seems to be helping. Still have the soar throat and no voice at times...but that is ok....at least DH thinks so....hahahahah. The headache is gone and only a slight cough at night now. So that codine? is doing the job!!!! The DR told me it could be a full 3 weeks plus before being back to my ole self again. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

STW...OMG...that is alot of driving. So sorry. I hope they find the place of the dreams for their wedding. I know alot of people now do not use churches as much as the old days...lol. I'm sure it will be wonderful no matter where it is. Have fun!

CricutJunky....thank you....How big is Georgetown? I've not been there....In laws just got back from there and Sil loves it there. Just curious. HOw is DIana? I sooooo miss her on here..

GrandmaJ....enjoy the non-busy weekend and have fun crafting....Not sure what my boss will say....and do NOT care....I have a DR's note to say why I was off and when to return. ShE will get over it.

Armywife....KUDOS....I'm sure it's harder for you to find craft time with two lil' ones learning to walk in your busy day. SUPERMOM.....BigGrin

Aden's_nana....I know...way toooooo long for me. BUT Bronchitis isn't a simple fix...ughhh. I wish it were. I hate how it has sucked the life right out of me.....prisoner in my own home! HELLLLLLLP.....just do not feed me bread and water...hahahahah Sounds like you are on the crafty highway....you go girl....Cant' wait to see what you have made. DD was here last night...she brought me a Butterfinger Blizzard from DQ...she ♥ me...said it would make me feel better....awhhhhh...She said she has been doing much better since her DR put her on Cymbalta...???....it helps her FIBRO really well. SHe is getting ready to go on a MISSION TRIP to LA and didn't think she would be able to go...but with this MED...she is now going. YAHHHHH>..she is sooooooooo excited.

Jess....I'm sure with you being in school all day...craft time is even more precious than before...that is QUALITY time at a rare price.....ENjoy the crafting time you get this weekend.

Donna....hope all is going well?

HUGS to all
rhonda

scrappinchic Offline
#523 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 4:37:23 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Originally Posted by: grandmaJ Go to Quoted Post
Good Morning everyone! So glad it is finally Friday! And I should have an easier day of work today so that is even better! AND....no weekend plans so that is even better still!!!! Whooohoooooo! A crafting I shall be!

I saw a neat ornament a couple days ago and might give it a try! Hopefully it works!! Sometimes I wonder what makes people think to try these things!! I mean....where do they come up with some of these ideas!!! And why don't I think of them!!!

Wavin to both my Secret Santa Sisters! I wonder....if we can't sing Christmas songs yet, can we maybe give some hints? For instance, my secret santa sister lives in...North America!

GrandmaJ start singing and Ill join you! I am ready for Halloween to come and go so we can move onto the more important holidaysWink ! I get in the Christmas spirit in Nov. 1st and it last until Christmas day evening! Then the tree comes down and all is back to normal!

Enjoy your crafting time! I plan to do alot of it myself!

grandmaJ Offline
#524 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 4:51:50 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Jess, sounds like you suffer from the same thing I do...get in the Christmas spirit tooooo early and then by the time it gets here I am out of the mood! And this year my ds and his family will probably not be back until after Jan 1, so not sure how we will do our Christmas with them..mail it out to be there on Christmas or hold onto it and have it in Jan when they come, although by then I will be more than ready to take the tree down!
scrappinchic Offline
#525 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 6:03:51 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Please check in if you haven't lately! I have several ladies I am sending pms too! Its a requirement! Thanks to all the ladies that post regularly!
Jamiemn Offline
#526 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 11:50:56 AM(UTC)
Jamiemn

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Happy Friday Girls!

Have gotten a bunch of new stamps this week in the mail and can't wait to play with them this weekend.

Finally figured out my ornament - It's going to be home made, but it sure won't be paper related :)

Hope everyone is having a good Friday!
M&KGrandma Offline
#527 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 12:34:53 PM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Hey!! What do you mean it's too early for Christmas songs??????!!!!!!! It's NEVER too early in my book!! In fact, as some of you know, I listen to them all year long! And Kaitlyn has been singing them for the past few weeks! That and they both are starting Christmas lists!! LOL!!
Janice, I'm with you... how in the world do people come up with some of those awesome creative ideas??? I'm just glad they share them so we can copy!!! heehee!
Jess, you're like my daughter in law. Christmas night, tree down! I could never do that!! Mine comes down about the beginning of January, I'd leave it up longer if Bill wouldn't have a fit! But I have to admit, when everything is put away, my house suddenly looks LOTS cleaner!
One of my best friend's Dad just passed away yesterday. He lived across the street from them and when he didn't come for dinner, she found him on the patio outside. She's asked me to make her memorial board like I did for her Mom, so that's what I'll be doing this weekend. The service is Sunday. Really quick, but that's the way they want it...
Matthew should be home any time now, so I better get off here and watch for him...
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Teri
SherrieStevens Offline
#528 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 5:14:25 PM(UTC)
SherrieStevens

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Finishing up. Can't wait. Sherrie
scrappinchic Offline
#529 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 3:34:39 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Its beginning to look alot like Christmas, everywhere we go! Take a look at the five and ten, glistening once again, with candy canes and silver lanes aglow. Its beginning to look alot like Christmas, toys in every store. But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be on your own front door.....

I love seeing all the Christmas stuff in the stores! Have a I mentioned that I love ChristmasBigGrin ! I would put my tree up now if it wouldn't die....but I think that might be an issue!

Big waves to my SS! I am hitting up my dollar stores later today! We have a dollar tree and a might dollar! Love both! I need to get some wrapping paper to wrap my SS's goodies. Then this box will be sealed and waiting on its trip to the PO in a couple weeks!

Teri I am sorry to hear of this loss. I will keep that family in my prayers! I am sure the memory board will be lovely!

Have a great day!

Edited by user Saturday, October 27, 2012 3:36:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Heart2hand Offline
#530 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 4:11:02 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Good morning Santa sisters....

Jess...Sing ....go ahead and sing your heart out. I enjoy the music...USE to enjoy the tree....and decorating...but that SPIRIT was robbed from me and now it is just another day here. We exchange gifts....have a nice dinner and done!!!! I do NOT even go shopping...I give $$$ and it's over. This time of year usually depresses me more than any other time. I've not heard of the store...A might Dollar...hummmmm....we are getting a new store here called ***A DOLLAR PLUS*** can't wait to see what they offer.....I too am out today to do some much need grocery shopping and maybe a stop at the Dollar Tree and Dollar General.....lol. Bargains I will find....

Teri...Sorry for you loss. Prayers are with you all.

GrandmaJ....That would be a hard decision to make. Do you have a fake tree to be able to leave up? It wouldn't feel like CHRISTMAS to your son and family if there wasn't one up?! THere is nothing like going to Grandma's for Christmas.....

Jamie...enjoy the new stamps. Hummmmm...curious to the ornament....lol. I'm sure it will be wonderful

STW...hope all is well....enjoy the day with your son and DIL-2-B....

Maryanne...hey sweetie....hope your day is full of great things. Working today? DH had to work today....it was his weekend. So I'm crafting and go shopping...

Donna....hope your day is full of crafty goodness...

Glitter....hope you are doing well?

Jess....I know alot of the ladies have went MIA on us.....COME ON OUT and CHAT.....

HUGs
rhonda
grandmaJ Offline
#531 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 5:46:39 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning to all the wonderful Secret Santa Sisters!!

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas, Only a hippopotamus will do. Don't want a doll, no dinky Tinkertoy, I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy!

Ok Jess, you started it now!! Christmas songs we shall sing!!!!

Yes, we use an artificial tree. I put it up the day after Thanksgiving and never take it down before New Year Day, and would leave it up a lot longer but dh gets to grumbling!! Glare
And, it sits in the corner by our fireplace so a live tree would dry out too fast if we had the fireplace going very much! My favorte trees dh and I had that were live were the flocked ones! We would do a white flocked tree with blue lights and blue ornaments and just loved it. But that was many years ago...I'm not sure, can you even get live flocked trees anymore??

I am gonna go out to the 'home party extravaganza' today and look around. See if I can get any Christmas ideas. Also might go by the Goodwill store and check out the alterable items!! Sometimes something there jumps out at me!! Then it will probably be some house cleaning and Maggie stamping, and maybe even a little craftin time for me! You all enjoy your day and I will check back later!

cricutjunky Offline
#532 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:10:47 AM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Good Morning ladies, it's a gorgeous day here in Georgetown! Rhonda my sister is doing very well, thanks for asking I will let her know you asked about her. Georgetown is a pretty wide spread sized town, but still has that small town feel, it has a "town square" with lots of shops and restaurants, I love walking around town, so relaxing.

Heart2hand Offline
#533 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:42:20 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Hello Santa Sisters...

CricutJunky...thanks...tell her we miss her here....Georgetown sounds wonderful. I know my SIL and her family love it there.

GrandmaJ....not sure on the flocking. I know you can still get the FAKE trees done that way. I have the NEW SLIM tree...used it once and not put it up since.....They are awesome. I always do blue/silver/white on my tree. DH always complains that it looks like one from a DEPT store window....lol. THEN I would alternate from year to year....the PRETTY tree...or a COUNTRY CHRISTMAS tree....it would be in burgandy/hunter/cream...with wooden chuncky ornaments and plaid garlands...Tin angel on top...DH's Grandmother's hand crocheted tree skirt under it. The PRETTY tree...has blown glass ornaments...silver ribbon twirled down it...and a gorgeous white angel on top....blue and white balls... white lights. WHo knows...I may JUST put it up this year...but it won't stay up long, Usually the week before Christmas and down the day of. To me...it's just too much of a hassle for a week of beauty!

I have to get the HM item for my Sis finished....I do hope she likes it....knowing my SIS...I'm sure she will....

HUGs to all
rhonda
scrappinchic Offline
#534 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:15:35 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

I saw mommy kissing santa claus underneath the mistletoe last night. She didnt see me creep down the stairs to have a peek, she thought I was tucked up in my bedroom fast asleep......

Good morning!

Waves to my SS's!

Its finally sunday! I love sundays for many reasons. I can craft and watch the walking dead. That show is crazy gross but I like it. It doesn't fall in my horror category but its good.

Its my craft day! I hope to get alot done. I hope I don't have any company all day long! I have a few things to finish for the halloween party but other than that its work on my swaps day!

Have a great crafty day!
Heart2hand Offline
#535 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:35:17 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Jess...enjoy your craft day.....Walking Dead...not seen it....

HUGs
rhonda
grandmaJ Offline
#536 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:23:12 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas, It's the best time of the year. I don't know if there'll be snow, but have a cup of cheer......

Good Morning!! Brrrrr....it's chilly here this morning! Got my fireplace on and my cozy slipper socks too!!

Rhonda, I keep forgetting to ask you, did you get to go on your haunted hayride or is that when you were sick? I think you should put up your tree dear! I would go for the pretty silvery one, and leave it up longer than a few days! Gosh, if you are goin to the work of putting it up, enjoy it for a while!! And don't take it down Christmas day!! Sit in the lights of it Christmas night and reflect on the season with a cup of hot choc and your hubby! ahhhhh, sounds so peaceful and relaxing! Then, if you must, take it down the next morning!!

Jess, hope you get to enjoy your day! Tell everyone to leave you alone and put a big sign on the door that says CONTAGIOUS or something so no one will bother you!! LOL!

I am a little peeved right now (ok,, maybe a lot peeved!)....at my crop, DeniceB's sister shared her idea of rolling ribbon onto perm rods for storing and I thought what a great idea!! So I got a dozen just to try and see if it was gonna make mine more organized and see what I thought for my own situation. After I got my box of ribbon out, which is all just unwound and tangled in a pile, I realized, a bunch of mine has been cut into short pieces, like 8-12 inches long....aand then I remembered, my mom borrowed it at my crop to find a piece of ribbon and I remember someone saying my nephew was cutting it....I wonder now, just how much of it he cut! Glare And why didn't my mom stop him?Glare Glare Iknow all my peices of ribbon weren't long, but I also know I didn't have this many short pieces of the same colors! grrrrr......
So...now I am gonna find perm rods on line to buy in bulk cheaper I hope, and it will just take me longer to roll all those little pieces onto a rod!

Better go get to stampin images. Have a great day everyone! And stay safe along the east coast!

Heart2hand Offline
#537 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:32:36 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

GrandmaJ...no didn't get to go...SICK....bummed me out too. BUT I have to get better. The idea for the ribbon is cool...let us know how you like it. Sorry to hear the lil' guy cut your ribbons....he must not know how PRECIOUS our scrap supplies are to us....lol. I do understand the tree.....it just takes soo long to get it pretty and there is not point really in putting one up....DD and her roommate are the only ones that come out...and it's just in the way....

Jess...love GrandmaJ's idea for the door.....too funny

HUGs
rhonda
grandmaJ Offline
#538 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:38:24 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Rhonda, isn't dd and her roomate worth the pretty tree? That is what I tell myself when Josh and his family won't be here for Christmas and i don't want to decorate, I can still do it for Joey, he loves it! Just can't imagine a Christmas without a tree! Stick around here and Jess and I will get you in the spirit of putting up the tree and decorating!!
EvelynRobinson1 Offline
#539 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:04:00 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
JCI -- all is well here. I have been on several shopping trips and have truly enjoyed picking up the things for this swap. She is going to have fun with her package too. My craft room truly looks like Christmas today as I am working on a special project for her. I am even playing Christmas music to make it even more fun. Now, all I need is some hot chocolate. Hmm, think I'll go make some right now. Hope everyone is safe and prepared for the storm. Just wanted to let you all know I am thinking of you.

Evelyn
Beach_Bum Offline
#540 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:44:27 PM(UTC)
Beach_Bum

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 215 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Just Checking In.....

We've had our first hard frost here in Kansas and I actually had to scrape the windows. I was running late and didn't have time for the defrosters, had no idea where the scrapper was so I did my annual first frost clearing with my drivers license..... I had to chuckle to myself because this happens every year!

Hope all is well....... and all the secret santas are having fun creating and shopping!

Beach Bum Cool