Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jessicawall1205b5dc574d Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 12:49:43 PM(UTC)
jessicawall1205b5dc574d

Groups: Registered

Angry I am so frustrated with my Imagine. It seems that anytime I am ready to do something important with it, it doesn't work. I am trying to cut a glossy, outdoor vinyl and it feeds the mat and says that it is "cutting" then spits everything out. I have done all of the updates & made sure that nothing is covering the black lines. I have been at this for 2 hours and am ready to chunk it out the window! I have adjusted the blade to every setting, done a calibration. Also, I am trying to cut in CCR, and I've seen that others have had problems doing a cut only with that program. It'd be nice if there was some sort of error message so that I would know what the issue was! Please let me know if you have any suggestions!!!!
Berthaalvarez1 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 5:36:56 PM(UTC)
Berthaalvarez1

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have heard you have to be in Version 132 for it to work. So don't update. I haven't tried yet but that is what I have read allover the Web. Also, make sure you have Print and Cut and not just print.

Bertha
zimmermom134c90cd14 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 5:56:42 PM(UTC)
zimmermom134c90cd14

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Angry I have the same problem!!! I am so mad that I even bought this machine. I have had nothing but problems. I am so tired of it turning off and on. One minute it cuts and the next minute, when i try to cut more of the same thing, it doesn't work. I am ready to throw my machine outside and take a hammer to it! When it does work, the projects I can make are fabulous but it takes forever to even get a project done because of all the problems. I called and they said my cricut was out of date so they updated it but that hasn't helped. I still have the same problems as I did before. I bought new mats and blades and that hasn't helped. I unplug and plug it back in and it doesn't help and honestly, this shouldn't have to be done!!!!!!!!!!! SUPER MAD!!!!!Angry
Khrista Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 9:09:06 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2508 time(s) in 1396 post(s)
Provocraft has yet to get CCR to work right with the Imagine. It's a well known issue. Sometime's it works and sometime's it doesn't. There's no rhyme or reason to it (i.e. system software, interferring programs, etc. etc. ) that anyone has found.

As mentioned, you do have to be at build 143 or earlier to even have a chance of it working. The last two builds recently put out caused it to not work at all and PC still hasn't fixed it. :(

Don't shoot the messenger :) Narelle may have some suggestions if you watch for her in the CCR forum. She has an Imagine and uses CCR (hit and miss also I believe) more than I do with her machine. I use it more with the mini, but my Gypsy is mega quicker with my Imagine.
Khrista
 1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
Narelle on 8/30/2012(UTC)
Coah'sNana Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:50:44 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 15654 time(s) in 4238 post(s)
One other thing to mention - outside of CCR. You mentioned cutting vinyl, so obviously you aren't printing (you didn't mention printable vinyl). If so, make sure your Imagine is NOT set to CUT Only. For most people, that does not work. If it is, change it back to Print and Cut. As long as you don't flood fill your images (ie, they remain white on the mat), this will function the same as CUT only.
HTH
 1 user thanked Coah'sNana for this useful post.
Narelle on 8/30/2012(UTC)
Narelle Online
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:02:22 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7817 time(s) in 3649 post(s)
Build 132 of CCR was the last build that was able to cut with the Imagine. And that was hit and miss as Khrista mentioned, but it worked most of the time. Every build subsequent to 132 will not cut with the Imagine.

I reinstalled 132 on my laptop but still can't get it to cut with my Imagine. Possibly because I also have the current build on there too.

Right now, I don't have the time to muck around with it anymore. It's sitting neglected in the corner while my E2 gets all the action! BigGrin

And as Coah'sNana said, if you're using the Imagine without CCR, don't select cut only.
jessicawall1205b5dc574d Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, October 01, 2012 7:40:08 PM(UTC)
jessicawall1205b5dc574d

Okay! I am back in business! I had to go back to Build 133 (Build 132 for PC's) and it's working like a champ! I think it's totally ridiculous to put out a program that is not compatible with ALL of your equipment, and then, not let the consumer know that they are going to run into problems once upgraded. Ugh! Thanks to everyone who replied! I appreciate your feedback!!!!