Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ldb01179ce919b8 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 7:10:00 AM(UTC)
ldb01179ce919b8

Groups: Registered

Hi All. I just purchased my Cricut Expression and have a question. Forgive me if I sound like i don't know what I'm talking about because I don't! I have heard that you can download into your computer a program that you can use with your Cricut. I love all the neat Holiday Fonts , but can not imagine being able to afford all the one's I would love to own. Can anyone assist me here.

Thanks so much!!!
Happy Crafting!!
TammyPuckett Online
#2 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 7:20:23 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 201 post(s)
You will love your Expression!

There are actually 2 programs that you can use with your Expression. The first one & best of the two in my opinion is the Design Studio. You have to buy this one. I got mine on E-Bay, so you might try that. It comes with a disc that you download & it is awesome. The second one is the Cricut Craft Room that you have access to through your cricut.com account. I absolutely HATE this program! PC needs to take a serious look at this program! It's hit or miss on how it is supposed to work! There are lots of good tutorials on YouTube to help you get started too!

I purchase the majority of my cartridges on E-Bay really cheap.

Hope this helps!
 1 user thanked TammyPuckett for this useful post.
ldb01179ce919b8 on 8/31/2012(UTC)
TammyPuckett Online
#3 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 7:21:28 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 201 post(s)
Oh, & if you want to spend some more money, purchase a Gypsy! It's awesome! It's portable & you can take it with you in the car or while you are waiting at appointment!
 1 user thanked TammyPuckett for this useful post.
unregistered Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 3:30:48 PM(UTC)
unregistered

Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Quote:
I have heard that you can download into your computer a program that you can use with your Cricut. I love all the neat Holiday Fonts , but can not imagine being able to afford all the one's I would love to own. Can anyone assist me here.

You may have also seen some outdated info on 3rd party software that allowed you to cut any font or .svg file with a Cricut. This software is no longer compatible with any Cricut/Provo Craft cutters. Some of us can still use it, but there is no way to get it anymore. There are also other brands of cutters that cut fonts, etc. without cartridges. Just wanted to mention that in case the info you are seeing is from that. Hopefully you didn't buy the Expression thinking you could use it in that way.

1 user thanked unregistered for this useful post.