Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Khrista Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:41:44 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2516 time(s) in 1401 post(s)
Ok, I'm ready to change out my hall bulletin board already! :) Anyone have any fun idea's for an October theme? I was trying to think of something that has to do with making positive choices. My bulletin board is the first one kids see as they head to class each morning as I'm straight on from where they come in. September I did the recipe one for having a great school year. 1 cup of kindness, 1/2 cup of cooperation etc..

Thanks!
:)Khrista
whimpysue Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:01:52 AM(UTC)
whimpysue

Groups: Registered

could you do a pumpkin theme (picking a patch of positve choices) and make a pumpkin patch with "ideas" of positive choices, help a friend without being asked, be responsible by keeping our school/classroom clean, etc?"

Fire safety is also in October and it really doesn't hurt to remind older students what to do in case of a fire. (make a safety plan, stop, drop, roll, etc) maybe even have a fire safety poster contest?
I teach pre-k, so I don't do a lot of bulletin boards because I use their artwork or activities we complete in small groups to hang on the walls..(it means I don't have to come up with something every month lol.. i just switch out their projects.)
hth
wendy
Doxieluv01 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 1:25:06 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2263 time(s) in 1789 post(s)
I have just been elected to do our bulletin boards (3 of them) at work for Fall. They want them to be "fun" so keep the ideas coming
RachelRenkes Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 6:39:05 PM(UTC)
RachelRenkes

Fire Safety is a good idea. I found out recently from a firefighter friend that it's now "Stop, Drop, and Rock". too many kids were rolling too fast and not putting the fire out.
MNmomoffour Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 8:30:42 AM(UTC)
MNmomoffour

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sticking with the Fall theme could you do a giant tree with leaves cut from the Cricut. Your theme could be "Fall into good habits", with the leaves each having a different good habit on them??
 1 user thanked MNmomoffour for this useful post.
deardebbied on 9/29/2010(UTC)
Khrista Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 5:45:44 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2516 time(s) in 1401 post(s)
These are great idea's!! Thank you.
deardebbied Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 11:06:46 PM(UTC)
deardebbied

I'll try to post a photo of the one that I just did for the 3rd grade. The class is into reading right now. I did an outer space theme with planets all over, rocket ships, aliens, UFO's and stars with the words: "EARTHLING.... TAKE ME TO YOUR READER." It turned out super cute and the kids LOVE to look at the board.

I also helped out with another board where we did a Scarecrow falling out of a tree and onto an open book (in very large size) with the caption: "FALL INTO A GOOD BOOK." With a little help from the 12x24 mats, these are fun to do.

Lastly, there is another board down the hall where the kids are reading books that have become movies. There is a large popcorn tub with popcorn spilling all over. We put the artwork on a projector to enlarge it and they traced it on the wall. The places where the children's artwork/report goes is on a yellow background paper that is cut out to be a ticket stub. The caption reads" READ THE BOOK FIRST, THEN "POP" IN THE MOVIE."

Good luck and be sure to post pictures of your display! Can't wait to see! 'BigGrin'

Edited by user Wednesday, September 29, 2010 11:07:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

deardebbied Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 9:11:43 PM(UTC)
deardebbied

Here are a few pictures of the Earthling Board outside the classroom...

Alien2

Alien

Edited by user Sunday, October 03, 2010 9:15:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NewfyMom Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 9:52:15 PM(UTC)
NewfyMom

You are a member of these groups:: Registered

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 126 post(s)
I've never had the time but I would love to do all the Halloween costumes from PDDU. I love the cat and the monster. So cute.
Cricut Your Classroom Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 3:56:39 PM(UTC)
Cricut Your Classroom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Hi there!

You could use different colored leaves and cut out:

"Falling into good choices" :) good luck with the bulletin board and please share a photo when you're done!!! ;)

Wendy

www.cricutyourclassroom.com
SueNOVICK Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 6:00:21 AM(UTC)
SueNOVICK

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
way late on this topic, sorry....what are you doing for November? I used the new Thanksgiving cart and cut the two pilgrim profiles at 10" in black and cut the words, "Give Thanks" on a 12 x 24 mat, fit to size...it cut it very large for a bulletin board. Then I had the 1st and 2nd graders write what they are thankful for on leaves cut from Speaking of Fall(the black out of the O) and put them up on the board. I found very "fall looking" wrapping paper from Big Lots for the backround and framed the bulletin board in ribbon.

Just an aside, if you are at a loss as to what to use for your bulletin board backrounds, some of our teachers use tablecloths; both fabric and vinyl, and my favorite is the kraft paper you use to wrap boxes for mailing. It's economical and compliments almost every theme. Sometimes white is too bright.