Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
judie107ca1ddb Offline
#121 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 5:58:45 PM(UTC)
judie107ca1ddb

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Used my gypsy all weekend with my new E2 and did not have a problem cutting anything with it. Used the CCR with the E2 and it locked up everytime I tried to cut a different page, even finally gave out in the middle of the page. Disgusting that updating and paying more for a new machine, (I unfortunately sold my old Cricut machine and Cake machines, should have kept them)Love
Riley1 Offline
#122 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:42:45 PM(UTC)
Riley1

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nathan Go to Quoted Post
This is the place to post!

Our engineers will be monitoring this thread to help them find the outstanding issues that you are having with Cricut Craft Room.

~Nathan

So when are you going to read the posts and fix the problems? I honestly think that Nathan is a ghost.
JanaBailey Offline
#123 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 8:25:56 PM(UTC)
JanaBailey

Was thanked: 169 time(s) in 110 post(s)
122 comments of nothing but complaints, no interaction from PC. This is sad. I have been gone from here because of this very issue. I know this is supposed to be a place to "share" but it should also be a place to get help. Users helping users is ok but not when the problems aren't being solved.

I bought my Imagine and it worked perfectly until I ran the update that supposedly made the Imagine work better with CCR but it rendered my machine USELESS. Once 3 different CS people walked me through their steps to fix it (which I had done multiple times) and it didn't work, they quit communicating with me altogether. I did a restore for the 5th time and it did bring the ability to print back, but it will not print and cut. They told me there was nothing they were willing to do for me since my Imagine was out of warranty even though it worked fine before the update. Next thing you know - the Imagine is discontinued! Really?? They created a product, sold thousands of them and can't get it to work the way it was promised so they just quit, give up? They say they will support the Imagine as a stand alone machine but mine won't even work that way except to print papers.

So...I have been selling my carts on eBay, I have purchased a new cutter and am using the 3rd party software created by the company that PC sued. The software engineer for that company is on the forums EVERYDAY fixing problems for people, releasing new updates all the time that are virtually bug free AND everyone helps everyone but no one is having software issues, connection issues or being ignored. The software is NOT on the internet and everyone shares the files they create or you can get freebies or buy them for cheap online. It is an amazing, happy and helpful community. I so wanted this for PC because I have been a PC fan since the day the baby bug came out. Instead PC forbids us to talk about 3rd party software. We talk about Cricut on the other forum, and people are not ugly about it either.

You may be wondering why I am here. This isn't a rant, just an experience being shared. I've held my tongue for a LONG time! And because I keep checking back with the hope that a fix or an update will be released that will make my beloved Imagine work again. I love it and want it to work. I haven't sold 1 Imagine cartridge but I think that may change soon.

I am sad about the whole PC situation. Just sad. I will pop in to check for fixes but that's about it. The Imagine section of the board that used to be so much fun is now like a ghost town. I just needed to vent. Not that PC will read this. :(
 4 users thanked JanaBailey for this useful post.
letypedroza on 2/2/2013(UTC), Happy Crafter on 2/3/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/3/2013(UTC), mom2sidsquid on 2/10/2013(UTC)
wedon92149d0ed6a Offline
#124 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:53:51 AM(UTC)
wedon92149d0ed6a

As a new cricut user, I have to tell you I hate it! The craft room does not work with ease. It freezes/not responding all the time! With a new computer and a new cricut, it is so frustrating to have so many problems with this product. I wish I had bought something other than a cricut, it is evident through post and research that this company will do very little to help its customers!
leighaaf33c61b Offline
#125 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 2:41:06 PM(UTC)
leighaaf33c61b

This software is not doing what it is advertised, and from a new user's perspective, I honestly do not understand why people love these machines so much if this is how they have to use them. Cutting designs is an exercise in frustration; sometimes the software prompts the machine to load the mat, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the software sees my machine, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it will actually cut, but in the middle of the process, it just...stops. It's utterly ridiculous.

I bought the machine because of the reputation of the company, but I have to be honest and say that I agree with the person upthread that said they wish that they had purchased something else. The machine is literally unusable right now; it is a very fancy paperweight that absolutely does not do what it is supposed to do.
JanisD Offline
#126 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 8:04:43 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Was thanked: 1310 time(s) in 1005 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wedon92149d0ed6a Go to Quoted Post
As a new cricut user, I have to tell you I hate it! The craft room does not work with ease. It freezes/not responding all the time! With a new computer and a new cricut, it is so frustrating to have so many problems with this product. I wish I had bought something other than a cricut, it is evident through post and research that this company will do very little to help its customers!

Have you called Provo Craft's customer service? I love CCR & it works great for me.
 2 users thanked JanisD for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/11/2013(UTC), rosie.ogid8422ad2 on 2/12/2013(UTC)
rosie.ogid8422ad2 Offline
#127 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:10:41 PM(UTC)
rosie.ogid8422ad2

Ever since I downloaded CRR about 3 days ago, it is INCREDIBLY slow, and loses internet connection every 5 minutes or so.. takes about 2 minutes to regain it (mind you I'm on the net the whole time..so it is the software not my internet connection) My computer is a brand new gaming computer, so it has more than enough specs to run this little program.

I don't get this thing's issue? It takes me hours to do one small thing because I constantly have to wait for it to load cartridge images, reconnect to internet, and click OK on service error boxes repeatedly. Either there is a simple solution that I need someone to let me in on, or this program has A LOT of bugs. My machine will cut fine from this software etc. so it has nothing to do with my cricut machine.

Please help if you have any ideas, and yes my OS is windows 7.
CricketCMV Offline
#128 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:34:02 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8072 time(s) in 4722 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rosie.ogid8422ad2 Go to Quoted Post
Ever since I downloaded CRR about 3 days ago, it is INCREDIBLY slow, and loses internet connection every 5 minutes or so.. takes about 2 minutes to regain it (mind you I'm on the net the whole time..so it is the software not my internet connection) My computer is a brand new gaming computer, so it has more than enough specs to run this little program.

I don't get this thing's issue? It takes me hours to do one small thing because I constantly have to wait for it to load cartridge images, reconnect to internet, and click OK on service error boxes repeatedly. Either there is a simple solution that I need someone to let me in on, or this program has A LOT of bugs. My machine will cut fine from this software etc. so it has nothing to do with my cricut machine.

Please help if you have any ideas, and yes my OS is windows 7.

I use Windows 7; 64-Bit. I LOVE CCR and have had very few problems....until today, of course, when I was trying to get my DGS's valentine finished and ended up having to settle for less cuts on the project. BUT, I worked around it. CCR has never been down for this long that I can remember. I use it almost daily; not always, though.

Have you called ProvoCraft/cricut.com Customer Service and asked for CCR Technical Service Rep? It's too hard to try to help on here....even though many of us try to do that. What Antivirus do you use? What kind of internet connection do you have? SEE, we don't know because you haven't share that with us.....PC will know ALL the pertinent questions to help you best.

I have had to call ProvoCraft five or six times over the past five years. I have ALWAYS had very kind representatives helping me AND giving me the answers I needed. Now, that doesn't mean you're gonig to ALWAYS get the answers you need, but it's worth a try; don't you think? I have NEVER had a CS Representative be rude in any way.

I don't have any of the problems you're speaking of, so there are common denominators and/or uncommeon denominators. PC is the best place to try to figure out what you problems are for your circumstances/scenario/requirements.

I wish all of you the best of luck. Maybe.....just maybe, PC is getting some of our problems fixed with the down time we all had in CCR today. I pray so....not that I really pray for such things. I try to pray for things that are more important than what we're doing with CCR.

Char
rosie.ogid8422ad2 Offline
#129 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:57:12 PM(UTC)
rosie.ogid8422ad2

I'll try to call etc. later. I mostly needed to get it out before I exploded. I also wanted to see if anyone else had the same problems. It may just be bad timing for whatever problems they are having on their end. We'll see. I think I might prefer the option to buy software that lets me design and cut my own things instead of having to buy bunches of little (expensive) cartridges for a few image options, but that's a different issue. Especially since this this thread seems (as someone above mentioned) to never be viewed by PC. Hopefully calling will be better.

Thanks for replying quickly Char.
CricketCMV Offline
#130 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:52:11 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: rosie.ogid8422ad2 Go to Quoted Post
I'll try to call etc. later. I mostly needed to get it out before I exploded. I also wanted to see if anyone else had the same problems. It may just be bad timing for whatever problems they are having on their end. We'll see. I think I might prefer the option to buy software that lets me design and cut my own things instead of having to buy bunches of little (expensive) cartridges for a few image options, but that's a different issue. Especially since this this thread seems (as someone above mentioned) to never be viewed by PC. Hopefully calling will be better.

Thanks for replying quickly Char.

It seems like you would have done your homework before you bought into PC's products. They are a cartridge-based system. It's nice that other people have a lot of money and can just buy their machines on a whim...as it seems you must have. Whether or not they become anything more than cartridge-based in the future is anybody's guess.

Most of us do love the system the way it is. I think it's kind of sad you bought into this not knowing what it was....I did the research for two years before I ever bought in. It has gotten better and better for me. I love PC; love their products and again, I love CCR. It all works great for me.

I hope you find what you want. Sorry you had to spend money for something you never wanted in the first place. I hope you either get it up and running and/or do whatever makes you happy.

Please call PC; at least give it a try. I can't really believe you bought into all this with the idea you would give up without calling them.

Char
checkerbunny145bcc2a Offline
#131 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:50:10 AM(UTC)
checkerbunny145bcc2a

I am having an issue when I cut:

Occasionally (more often when I am working on a large project and have been cutting for a while) the machine will either cut while tracking to the start point of the shape or stop mid-cut and drag the blade across the cut shape while going back to the "home" position.

Either way, it ruins the cut and has cost me a considerable amount of time and money. I can never tell when it will happen and I often have to re-buy materials and re-cut the images. I only have digital images so I have not been able to try it with a "real" cartridge to see if it is just an issue with the machine. It happens randomly -not with any particular image or cartridge. The cuts I generally make are fairly basic, but I do do a lot of re-sizing. I have tried deleting the image from the project and redoing it (VERY time consuming) and it has not helped. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. (My machine is a Cricut expression 2 and it is only about 2 yrs old)

Thanks!
Paula
CricketCMV Offline
#132 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:06:15 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: checkerbunny145bcc2a Go to Quoted Post

Occasionally (more often when I am working on a large project and have been cutting for a while) the machine will either cut while tracking to the start point of the shape or stop mid-cut and drag the blade across the cut shape while going back to the "home" position.

Either way, it ruins the cut and has cost me a considerable amount of time and money. I can never tell when it will happen and I often have to re-buy materials and re-cut the images. I only have digital images so I have not been able to try it with a "real" cartridge to see if it is just an issue with the machine. It happens randomly -not with any particular image or cartridge. The cuts I generally make are fairly basic, but I do do a lot of re-sizing. I have tried deleting the image from the project and redoing it (VERY time consuming) and it has not helped. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. (My machine is a Cricut expression 2 and it is only about 2 yrs old)

Thanks!
Paula

Paula - I would urge you to call ProvoCraft's Customer Service. Assuming you have done all the things most of us do to try to get started with something new, you probably could use their help at this point. They can ask all the questions; we're getting very little to go on here.

Have you ever been able to use CCR successfully, and now this is happening?
Have you installed the DRIVERS for the machine?
Is ADOBE AIR showing in your Control Panel? What version?
Is the mat going in straight....I had a slash on one of my projects the other day (first time) when I saw the mat going into the CRICUT a little wonky and it buckled (not much, but I did notice that it did that and went ahead to CUT....and, I saw the blade slash my paper as it went to the lower left corner where I saw it buckle at the last second)?

There are sooo many variables....but, there are hardly any variables for those of us who were lucky enough to get it all going early on.

Have you tried shutting down your computer, unplugging the USB cord from the hard drive that's connected to your E2 before restarting your computer. If you are one to not shut down your computer very often (I'm on of those), it just might clear the way for you to use CCR better.

I do hope you get your conflicts resolved and up and running soon.

Char

Edited by user Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:07:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sewnmachine Offline
#133 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 3:45:16 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
Just FYI everyone - Nathan is on the boards right now. He just posted a new topic with Gypsy information (sort of )
Narelle Offline
#134 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:31:43 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7858 time(s) in 3675 post(s)

Thanks!
Paula

It sounds like a problem with your blade housing to me. I'd give PC a call so they can help troubleshoot.

Cricut® support hours

Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MST)
Cricut® support: 801-932-1144
toll-free service phone: 877-7CRICUT
email: support@Cricut.com
fax: 801-794-9001

International customers:
UK: 0808 101 7032
Outside of UK: 0044 0808 101 7032
Hours 2pm – 1am GMT/UTC
email: isupport@provocraft.com
Di&Co Offline
#135 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 6:18:25 AM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Was thanked: 21052 time(s) in 5245 post(s)

Thanks!
Paula

Hey Paula, I had the same problem, you need a new blade housing. Give PC a call and they will replace it, Im in Canada and had mine within a week!
 1 user thanked Di&Co for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/1/2013(UTC)
Annethetc247c81ee4b Offline
#136 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:25:30 PM(UTC)
Annethetc247c81ee4b

I don't know what the problem is but I have from 9:am and its 7:22 pm and it does not work. I download the software its on initializing cricut craft room ... and it does not move from that spot... I tried re-downloding the software but nothing is working... can anyone help...
creature_comforts_nowa1f9600a Offline
#137 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 12:25:59 AM(UTC)
creature_comforts_nowa1f9600a

I am having craft room issues!

I have had several problems after updating my cricut expression and my gypsy in the past. My gypsy was working fine and after the last time I updated it about 6 months ago it stopped talking to the expression. I have given up on it.

This was the main reason for me to start using the craftroom program. I get nervous every time Craftroom asks me to update my expression because every single time I run into problems after the update. A few weeks ago the craftroom program asked me to update my expression machine again. And again, after the update my machine did not work anymore!
Frustrated beyond belief I didn't use craftroom for a bit, when I came back to use it last week I was asked to update "craftroom". I did, it downloaded, all seemed well, I then tried to install it and now it says my account isn't valid because it's an australian account?! Surely this is a mistake?!
Does anyone have similar problems or does anyone know why is this happening and is anyone fixing the problem?
I have bought digital cartridges and I would like to use them. :(

I have sent an email to cricut support a few days ago and have NOT received an answer.

The Cricut Craft Room version I'm having the current problems with is v1.0 build-183. My cricut Expression is about 18months old and has had minimal use, the same goes for my Gypsy.
tara.daisy9e136a1e Offline
#138 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 10:48:31 AM(UTC)
tara.daisy9e136a1e

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: creature_comforts_nowa1f9600a Go to Quoted Post

I have had several problems after updating my cricut expression and my gypsy in the past. My gypsy was working fine and after the last time I updated it about 6 months ago it stopped talking to the expression. I have given up on it.

This is similar to what happened to me....I got the message and niavely updated! now my perfectly awesome imagine is a usually piece of...well you know!

I have tried to talk to CS and post on here but nothing happens. My CCR connects to the imagine and then when it says follow along on the screen (where you press the go button) it just stays on "connected" and if you don't do anything and wit then it goes to the menu screen and nothing happens!

REALLY mad! I had a birthday party this weekend and I was in the middle of doing an iron on and birthday party decorations. I had to go to the store and buy a bunch of stuff!

Tara
CricketCMV Offline
#139 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 9:27:37 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: creature_comforts_nowa1f9600a Go to Quoted Post

This was the main reason for me to start using the craftroom program. I get nervous every time Craftroom asks me to update my expression because every single time I run into problems after the update. A few weeks ago the craftroom program asked me to update my expression machine again. And again, after the update my machine did not work anymore!
Frustrated beyond belief I didn't use craftroom for a bit, when I came back to use it last week I was asked to update "craftroom". I did, it downloaded, all seemed well, I then tried to install it and now it says my account isn't valid because it's an australian account?! Surely this is a mistake?!
Does anyone have similar problems or does anyone know why is this happening and is anyone fixing the problem?
I have bought digital cartridges and I would like to use them. :(

I have sent an email to cricut support a few days ago and have NOT received an answer.

The Cricut Craft Room version I'm having the current problems with is v1.0 build-183. My cricut Expression is about 18months old and has had minimal use, the same goes for my Gypsy.

Clearly, if you don't live in Australia, and something is telling you it won't work because you have an Australian account, you need to contact PC to help you with your problem?

Are you from Australia? Have you ever been there and used someone's computer in CCR while visiting there?

Char

CathyL Offline
#140 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 2:32:21 PM(UTC)
CathyL

I love CCR except for the times it slows down or freezes. What is being done about this issue. We had fast internet connection and a new computer.
Lisa L. Offline
#141 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 7:37:11 PM(UTC)
Lisa L.

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I also love the concept of CCR so much as a new user, but do find it slow and it freezes on me a lot too. I am learning to be very patient.
maddengirl11201037f98d92 Offline
#142 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 5:29:31 PM(UTC)
maddengirl11201037f98d92

CCR will not allow me to cut from the computer program, and will not sync with my Gypsy reliably for me to use digital cartridges that I have purchased. Love my Cricut and Gypsy, not so sure that I like CCR so much right now! I regularly update/sync both my Expression and my Gypsy. Anything obvious that I am missing to correct this problem? Thank you!
hall.patricia14f092ce1 Offline
#143 Posted : Sunday, June 09, 2013 8:08:32 AM(UTC)
hall.patricia14f092ce1

Did you get any help with this issue?
We have owned a Cricut expressions 2 for over a year and have not cut a single item. We should have returned it but waited to long now we are stuck with something that has never worked. We have tried PC and Mac and neither CCR recognizes our machine all drivers are installed and every update and registration we can find has been completed.
vud0oladyfc768086 Offline
#144 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 10:40:53 PM(UTC)
vud0oladyfc768086

Every time I try to weld letters and shapes together, the software either adds additional random shapes to my project, or it fills in everything. I also keep getting the "not responding" message every time I move a shape. This is making project making VERY SLOW, not to mention FRUSTRATING.
 1 user thanked vud0oladyfc768086 for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 7/9/2013(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#145 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 9:08:07 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18987 time(s) in 8485 post(s)
For anyone still having problems with CCR {or any of the products}, call CS. They will be happy to troubleshoot with you over the phone to get you creating and cutting! They have US as well as international contact info under the Support tab at the top of the forum.
tara.daisy9e136a1e Offline
#146 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 12:01:59 PM(UTC)
tara.daisy9e136a1e

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
For anyone still having problems with CCR {or any of the products}, call CS. They will be happy to troubleshoot with you over the phone to get you creating and cutting! They have US as well as international contact info under the Support tab at the top of the forum.

They are not actually happy to support this! I purchased my imagine specifically so I could use CCR, it worked great for about 1 month. Then the new update came out and bricked my machine!

I complained bitterly, was told that provocraft no longer supports imagine despite what there website says. I called bull shit and got a new person to talk to me. She sent me a new machine and it doesn't work either!

Now I am being told tough shit! I have asked to speak to a manager as their program updates bricking my machine and not allowing the imagine to talk to ccr is not my issue. I will keep you updated as to what happens!
kristenongstad0f0c8624 Offline
#147 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:57:27 AM(UTC)
kristenongstad0f0c8624

CCR continues to seize up and refuse to work unless I force close and reopen. I have lost numerous projects because of this, having to redo all the work, and I don't enjoy using this program any longer.

1 user thanked kristenongstad0f0c8624 for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 9/12/2013(UTC)
msmichelebuissonde10ff09 Offline
#148 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:00:11 PM(UTC)
msmichelebuissonde10ff09

I can't even get one job cut! I've not been able to narrow down one consistent problem, but I am leaning towards connection issues and not on my end as far as I can tell. It stays in 'checking mat' or a few times I have even made it to 'cut' where it is terminally waiting to start. I am feeling quite disappointed because this looks like such a wonderful way to use the cricut. If it never works then what do we do about the digital images we have purchased and never even had the opportunity to use??
 1 user thanked msmichelebuissonde10ff09 for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 9/12/2013(UTC)
Olivia'sNana Offline
#149 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:23:29 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 432 post(s)
I would call customer support and see if they can trouble shoot with you. They have always helped me when I call. It is great to use and you won't use your cricut without it once you get it going.
Call them and I do hope you can get ccr to work for you. I use it all the time.
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 9/12/2013(UTC)
crystalclear8419f7fca525 Offline
#150 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 8:35:11 PM(UTC)
crystalclear8419f7fca525

Is there any sight of the problems being fixed? I'm not trying to be mean or nasty but maybe better programmers need to be brought in. I understand that programming a system like this isn't easy. But the program should have had bugs worked out before releasing it. There are so many cartridges I would love to buy digitally but with CCR being so unreliable I don't want to buy anything and never be able to use it. Most of the time the computer will say that there is no machine hooked up. And when it does recognize it, finally, it will jump between USB active and then jump back to nothing there. It will take me 20 minutes to make 1 cut. If I don't give up by then that is. I'm fairly knowledgeable when it comes to computers, my husband is a networker and my father is a programer and they have taught me alot. This seems like bad programing on Provo Crafts end. They need to bring in a contractor to fix it or give the programmers there free reign to fix the "baby" that is pretty broken.
 1 user thanked crystalclear8419f7fca525 for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 10/20/2013(UTC)