Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<89101112>
~Pamela~ Offline
#271 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:23:33 AM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Gwynne thank you so much hosting! I can't wait to get these either! I have actually almost order that die twice so I am sure seeing the cut will put me over the edge to buy it! Thank you!!!!
planlady19 Offline
#272 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:28:54 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 277 time(s) in 260 post(s)
ok here is the dc# for mine 03113260000209252303 should be there on thursday

Gwen I ditto everything everyone has said about hosting this swap.. I just think my bank account isn't going to like them.. LOL..

terri
SweetCreations Offline
#273 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:22:09 PM(UTC)
SweetCreations

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
So sorry Gwynne. I even re-read the instructions but didn't see about the labels. I just put the group # on a tag in side the big baggies.

The border die is from Heartfelt Creations and is from the Decorative Butterfly set
the doily is a Mini Magnolia doily

hope that helps. Thanks for all you have done

Sweets
amylendall Offline
#274 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:52:13 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
my cut is the one you have me down for the tim holtz caged bird! thanks so much gwynn! I am so excited! hey maybe I will find a use for a cut in the other swap!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#275 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:06:13 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 712 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Cherie, it's okay - no worries. I just wanted to get them listed correctly so if someone likes the die and wants to order it, they know the name of it, company, etc.

Once your pkg. arrives back to you and you see the mass confusion of so many diecuts, why we've found it easier to baggie them up and include a little label with info on it. Just an extra step that makes life easier for everyone down the road.

I started the sorting last night and plan on doing more tonight. I'm hoping 3 more pkgs. will arrive today which will simplify the process. Then hopefully Terri and Kimmo's will arrive tomorrow or the next day and I can finish up Friday evening and mail out on Saturday.

Diecut selection is looking pretty good!
grandmaJ Offline
#276 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:16:05 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Was thanked: 766 time(s) in 636 post(s)
Hope mine is delivered today...tracking still shows expected delivery date of YESTERDAY! grrrrr.............
laurahunter Offline
#277 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:15:16 AM(UTC)
laurahunter

Was thanked: 321 time(s) in 299 post(s)
Just tracked my package and it says " Out for Delivery".

Gywenn, thank you again for all your hard work on this swap.

Laura
ScrappinGwen Offline
#278 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:49:18 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Yep, Laura, GrandmaJ, and JrCreate all arrived today. So that is good.

Just Terri and Kimmo left now.

Everything is sorted except to add Terri's and Kimmo's to each group bag. Phew! But it really wasn't that bad of a job this round, considering there were so many more groups!

And there are some really extra special diecuts to be found!

Kathy, those snowflakes you did are lovely. I saw the prettiest card today of a poinsetta but with a large snowflake behind it. So I was all excited to see a couple large snowflakes in the group.

Before I forget:

Laura was kind enough to include mesh for her screen doors with dog. I did screen doors but did not include the mesh. Sorry! Never even dawned on me to go to Lowe's and find some mesh.

I did however put the mesh on in the group where I needed to embellish them.

Also, in one of the groups I did a xmas ornament swag. It is all in little pieces for you to assemble on your page. It would have been next to impossible for me to assemble it without it being glued down to paper. So be careful when you open the baggie so that you don't lose all the little light bulbs! I did a selection of colors and probably more bulbs then you need so you can mix and match as you please.

I believe Terri's poinsettas and angel wings are unassembled too. I didn't want mine assembled so that I could ink the edges or stamp a design on the petals, etc. So it's my fault, not hers! lol

Everyone did a nice job with packaging them up for me. Plus real nice color choices too! I think you will all be very pleased.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:55:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
JeanP on 10/28/2012(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#279 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:10:17 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Terri's pkg. is out for delivery and hopefully Kimmo's will be in the mailbox too!
planlady19 Offline
#280 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 4:50:23 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

yea.. hope they made it ok..
ScrappinGwen Offline
#281 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:48:37 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

yep, they are here and all sorted. Kimmo's should be here tomorrow.

ScrappinGwen Offline
#282 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 9:04:22 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

kimmo's are here too!

Now....just hope these can get in the postal system and away from the hurricane coming our way this next week! I'm scared to mail Jean and Sheila's to them....right into the path of that bad weather!

what to do...what to do...

JeanP Offline
#283 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 9:45:56 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 892 time(s) in 724 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
kimmo's are here too!

Now....just hope these can get in the postal system and away from the hurricane coming our way this next week! I'm scared to mail Jean and Sheila's to them....right into the path of that bad weather!

what to do...what to do...

You can wait and mail ours next week if you want.

Looks like the storm is headed into Long Island and then inland, so many places are going to get it's impact.

planlady19 Offline
#284 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 3:12:29 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Jean and Shelia please stay safe.. does not look good coming your way..

grandmaJ Offline
#285 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 4:38:41 PM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Please stay safe along the east coast!! I haven't seen the reports today but dh was saying it isn't lookin too good along there this week. Prayers for all of you along there!
JeanP Offline
#286 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 5:48:23 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: planlady19 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks Teri!!! I am hoping it turns in once it hits Long Island NY. If so, then we may not get it too bad.
Sheila and her family are in Texas until Monday. Hopefully they get back safe.

ScrappinGwen Offline
#287 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:49:49 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

All pkgs. are in the mail today.

Jean, I did not see your post about holding off on mailing....so yours is also in the mail. I did get a DC for your pkg. only. 0311 3260 0001 7358 3427

I did put a dollar bill or two back in several of your pkgs. But even after doing that I still ended up with probably 3 extra bucks. So I'll use it to buy packaging tape. After 3 rounds, I've used plenty of it! lol

Sweets, I owe you $3 as I really guesstimated yours way off. So I thought I'd paypal it to GrandmaJ toward the cost of your nativity magnolia stamp and handle it that way. Assuming I won't confuse Janice too much doing that. So I'll send her $3 extra and she'll request $3 less from you? Just need to ask Janice if that's okay.

Also, someone included a whole sheet of forever 2011 christmas ornament stamps. They slipped out of someone's pkg. and I had thought they came from Alicia's but then when I was packaging last night it didn't make sense that she would have sent me that much extra. So I'm still holding the sheet of stamps until I find out who they belong to. LauraH is only other gal that sent stamps? And they may have gotten placed in your box by accident when one of you was mailing to me. So I'm really confused over who they belong to. Help!! lol

Please let me know that you've received them this coming week so I can mark you off the list.

Thanks so much for a wonderful round! You all did great!!

grandmaJ Offline
#288 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 12:14:03 PM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Gwynne/Sweets- that is fine, just remind me if I forget!!

Can't wait to see these this round! THANKS GWYNNE!! Appreciate all you do for this swap!
CraftyOldBat Offline
#289 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 1:53:31 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 408 time(s) in 340 post(s)
Crossing fingers that Sandy will peter out before making landfall but still have bottles filled, phones charged, extra batteries, etc; I'm an hour north of Jean and last hurricane we lost power for 5 days then the Halloween snowstorm last year for a week. Ew.

This thing is supposed to be out of here by Tuesday morning so hopefully it won't interrupt Sheila's return trip. My DDIL is scheduled to fly from VA back to WA on Tuesday also after driving from WA to VA this week. (they're in KS now)

My only big concern is that we'll be in the high winds quadrant of the storm and the tree removal I have scheduled didn't happen prior to this storm so those in areas unaffected please just cross your fingers that my trees/branches stay put! Scared
chefkimmo Offline
#290 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 2:04:22 PM(UTC)
chefkimmo

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 50 post(s)
You ladies in the NE - I hope the storm passes through without damage or very minimal. If your up for a long trip, feel free to come stay here. Last hurricane passed through here I bought a generator, some how I haven't needed it since but it sure makes me feel better to know I have it.

Gwynne, you sorted and mailed those quickly. I am looking forward to receiving them.

Thanks for doing the swap again!
JeanP Offline
#291 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:09:09 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: planlady19 Go to Quoted Post

doesn't look so good for you either!!!!!!

JeanP Offline
#292 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:16:10 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
Crossing fingers that Sandy will peter out before making landfall but still have bottles filled, phones charged, extra batteries, etc; I'm an hour north of Jean and last hurricane we lost power for 5 days then the Halloween snowstorm last year for a week. Ew.

This thing is supposed to be out of here by Tuesday morning so hopefully it won't interrupt Sheila's return trip. My DDIL is scheduled to fly from VA back to WA on Tuesday also after driving from WA to VA this week. (they're in KS now)

My only big concern is that we'll be in the high winds quadrant of the storm and the tree removal I have scheduled didn't happen prior to this storm so those in areas unaffected please just cross your fingers that my trees/branches stay put! Scared

Sheila and family are supposed to fly back from Texas tomorrow but I don't know if that will happen. Hopefully they stay in Texas if they can't fly home and not end up stranded at an airport for a couple days!!!!!!
The Veteran's Cemetary has closed for Mon & Tues so the service here is on hold.

We have a generator so we should be okay for power. The big worry will be the rain and wind. We live in the woods so we have lots of trees.
DH is bringing in any outdoor furniture and cleaning leaves out of the gutters.
Not much else to do but wait!!!!

Debating whether to fight the crowds at the grocery store later today.
Still not sure why we have to have BREAD & MILK whenever a storm is comingBigGrin BigGrin

Stay safe everyone

grandmaJ Offline
#293 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:33:40 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

ok, so now we have Jean, Shelia, Cob and Planlady all in the path of bad weather? Come on to Illinois...just chilly but sunny here the next few days! I hope the trees stay put and the winds don't cause much trouble for you all. How much rain are they thinking you will get? I hope you all know you are in my prayers!

We have tossed the idea of a generator around. Have the perfect place to put one too. My folks got one a few years ago oout on the farm and it has come in handy on more than one occasion for them. They are cashy, but a wise investment I think.

Stay safe all of you, and please check in when you can so we know you are good!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#294 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:08:15 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I just made a quick trip back to the grocery store as bananas and lettuce is on sale starting today and I wanted both. I figure if we lose electricity we can stay healthy on bananas and salad and bread! lol But oh my gosh even a worse madhouse then yesterday!

So then I had to fill up on gas as I'm on empty and we are taking DGC out to lunch in a bit....lines of cars going down the street waiting to fill up! Just nuts!

I'm guessing school gets cancelled for tomorrow and Tuesday....hopefully they will announce that before bed tonight just to give everyone heads up!

We've never been without power for more then a couple hours....so this is going to be mind boggling for me if we lose power for hours on end! How am I going to do my hair??????? lol No one has ever seen me with straight, flat hair. They won't recognize me! lol

Oh the things we worry about.

And then I was thinking about all the crafting I'll be able to do, but then I got to thinking how I like to use my heat gun and emboss so many of my stamped stuff...and I won't be able to do that! ANd the cricut won't work....and I need it to do my recipe swap items. And I won't have my computer to help me out with scraplifting....

Atleast our good ole cuttlebug doesn't need electricity! So I can atleast diecut all day long - even though I don't know why I would need any more diecuts!!

So I just hope we do not lose electricity for long!

Terri - I'm really worrying about you! Snow and loss of electric moreso then Jean and Sheila and COB!

Ohhh, the excitement of it all!
grandmaJ Offline
#295 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:17:10 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Gwynne, OMG, I didn't put you on my list! How could I forget where you live, I am always sending either diecuts or Maggie images to you!! Don't worry, you are in my prayers too!!
~Pamela~ Offline
#296 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 10:22:47 AM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
I hope all of you in the storms path stay safe! The longest I have ever gone with power was three days, in winter and that was when Isadora was a tiny baby and we lived in WA. The snow was so bad they couldn't get out to work on the lines. But then that area wasn't really prepared for snow storms like the crews in states that always have a harsh winter. I cut everything for a swap before the power went out and then worked on it by oil lamp at night when Isadora slept.

I grew up in Florida and have been in several hurricanes and none of them had anything on the SNOW! lol That white wonder has no mercy!
CraftyOldBat Offline
#297 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 10:25:18 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 408 time(s) in 340 post(s)
Gwynne, I have portable battery charger unit for the car/mower which I rarely ever need for the car/mower BUT it has an inflator, emergency light and plugs in it too! Last storm when I was powerless for a week I used it to keep my phone charged, play my radio, plug in the toaster and use my heat/glue guns BigGrin VERY worth the investment if you ask me and it was like $99 @ Home Depot.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#298 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 12:46:10 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Originally Posted by: grandmaJ Go to Quoted Post
Gwynne, OMG, I didn't put you on my list! How could I forget where you live, I am always sending either diecuts or Maggie images to you!! Don't worry, you are in my prayers too!!

I am not that close to the ocean - takes us 5+ hours to drive to Ocean City, NJ....so normally this hurricane weather is not that big of a deal for us....rainy weather, but not high winds or even torrential rain. It's just that this storm is unlike anything they've seen before.

Going to be an interesting few days.

Schools and even colleges are starting to announce closing for both Mon. and Tues. We don't ever see that happen either - 2 days announced... it's usually day by day and rarely colleges close.

COB - we have one of those battery pack chargers, but I don't think ours does the extra stuff like yours! That is super convenient! I think I'll go check out our box to be sure though.... Too funny using for the toaster! lol But needed!

Oh, and the missing stamps were Laura's, so that is solved and I can send them on to her with her altered frame.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#299 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:36:22 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I just checked Jean's DC and it was processed thru Philly at midnight, so I'm going to assume that all the pkgs. left Philly and it will interesting to see how many of you receive pkgs. tomorrow! Crossing my fingers!

I used a couple of the diecuts from our last round on the project I was working on this weekend! I love having these diecuts all cut out and so handy to grab and use.
JeanP Offline
#300 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:50:02 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

We might not get as much rain as inland states because of the way the storm is hitting. Left side will get the rain, right side will get the wind.
We are about 5 miles from the ocean and I am sure they will close the roads tomorrow to keep all the onlookers away.
We will probably loos power at some point but will have the generator. The only problem is that we live on a road with only 7 other homes so we tend to get service restored after other larger populated areas.

We just hope no trees fall on the house or garageSad Not worried about other trees. DH has the chain saw ready, the generator ready, the Kabota ready, propane is all set, and all the vehicles have gas. Now we wait and hope for the best.

Stay safe everyone!!!!!!