Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<9101112>
JeanP Offline
#301 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:51:16 PM(UTC)
JeanP

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 891 time(s) in 723 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
I just checked Jean's DC and it was processed thru Philly at midnight, so I'm going to assume that all the pkgs. left Philly and it will interesting to see how many of you receive pkgs. tomorrow! Crossing my fingers!

I used a couple of the diecuts from our last round on the project I was working on this weekend! I love having these diecuts all cut out and so handy to grab and use.

I plan on using some of these on a couple projects for the Christmas swapBigGrin

SweetCreations Offline
#302 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:32:55 PM(UTC)
SweetCreations

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
OMG so worried for all of you back east. PLEASE stay safe and warm!!!. I'm praying for all of you and my cousin with her 3 little ones on Connecticut. She went through all that mess last year too. Poor little ones didn't get Halloween last year either. They don't understand why though. I think her and her husband are ready though.

Gwynne and Janice, that will be fine. You guys work out the details haha. Wherever I can save money works for me.

You all have a safe night. I will be thinking about all of you

Hugs Sweets
planlady19 Offline
#303 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:31:01 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 277 time(s) in 260 post(s)
ok this weather thing is just plain nuts.. my only good thing is the really heavy snow for wv is going to be east of us and they still don't know what we are going to get for sure..

Gwen I wish they would go ahead and cancel our schools now but now they will wait until the kids get there in the morning and then have to send them home early .. which is hard on the parents that work.. scurry around to get them home safe and sound.

It has been raining here since last night so who knows.. can't wait to see what great dies cuts everyone came up with..

I did not assemble the cuts as Gwen stated if you want to stamp, ink or do something with them they are easier this way.. On the angle wings I did do one set together but the velvet ones i did not.. so I hope you all like them..

Here is something I did with the snowflake die.

Edited by user Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:34:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

planlady19 attached the following image(s):
hat2.JPG
ScrappinGwen Offline
#304 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 5:37:34 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 703 time(s) in 571 post(s)
I'm thinking that rosette snowflake will be very popular with ladies this year. Bet it will backorder quickly, if it hasn't already! lol

I just checked DC for Jean and her box arrived at her PO this morning. So that is good news for her as well as the rest of you. Hope several of you receive your pkgs. today as well!

CraftyOldBat Offline
#305 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 5:49:11 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 406 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post

I just checked DC for Jean and her box arrived at her PO this morning. So that is good news for her as well as the rest of you. Hope several of you receive your pkgs. today as well!

Yippee! Mine should come today too then; hope I don't wind up in OZ on my way to the mailbox!
JeanP Offline
#306 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 6:35:00 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
Yippee! Mine should come today too then; hope I don't wind up in OZ on my way to the mailbox!

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Winds are starting to pick up here also. I keep watching the trees as the gusts blow them around. The majority of the leaves have fallen so that helps.
Hardly any rain yet but I think we are on the wind side and not the rain side anyway.

Teri, I hope you make out okay with the snow that I hear you will be getting in your area.

All of the schools in Ct and RI have been closed for today and depending on power outages, etc, they will probably be closed tomorrow also.

Mother Nature certainly has been upset with us recently!!!!!!

planlady19 Offline
#307 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 12:46:06 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

so far so good. the snow is staying away from us along the river but the rain has not stopped for 3 days now.. Mad so thing the next thing will be flooding so who knows what we will end up with..

the funny thing is snow is below and above us so i am just crossing my fingers that we only get snow i can deal with that but not the power outages.

hope i have happy mail when i get home..

terri
ScrappinGwen Offline
#308 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 1:19:23 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I'm still here too! Getting super gusty though! and real rainy now too!

I'm cleaning my bathrooms just in case I end up with evacuated family this next 24 hours.

and I just do not want to lose power either! lol Crossing my fingers!

Terri, glad to see you still on here! lol
grandmaJ Offline
#309 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 1:35:45 PM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Was thanked: 766 time(s) in 636 post(s)
Oh you ladies have me nervous!! I have had my tv on most all day and just can't stop watching it. Please stay safe and keep in touch so we know you are ok!! I need to get my map out and see where you all are on it!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#310 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 2:09:19 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I'm easy to find! Just go to top of PA, right on the long straight horizontal border line w/ NY. Halfway between Elmira NY and Binghamton NY. So that's about one third the way along the border line if you run your finger from RIGHT to LEFT.

It's gusting even harder now! I couldn't imagine being along a coast right now.

I got an email from Jean - (generator) their power is off, cable off and on, lots of trees down but nothing they can't handle so far.

Denise Emmerich must really be getting slammed in Philly right now! I just can't imagine...
laurahunter Offline
#311 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 2:56:04 PM(UTC)
laurahunter

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 296 post(s)
I received my die cuts today. What a great assortment. Love all the different snowflakes. Hope we get some snow this year so I can use them on layouts. There are definitely some I NEED now. Thank you everyone.

I am praying ya'll continue to stay safe. I have never been through a hurricane and can't imagine what you are going through.

Laura
planlady19 Offline
#312 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 3:12:12 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

just got home and I have happy mail. Thank you ladies I will be using some of these in the very near future.. and when i have a chance i know i am going to be ordering the dies.. Gwen you are such an enabler.. LOL

thank you so much for doing this swap..

JeanP when you get power back hope all is well with you and Shelia makes it home safe and sound and does not have to spend to much time stuck in an airport. They have already put school on a two hour delay for tomorrow here but they just don't know what we are going to get.. It is still raining which i guess is better then snow but this is just so not fun.

Gwen just make sure you have plently of tp for all of those unexpected guests..

everyone stay safe and check in when you can..
ScrappinGwen Offline
#313 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 4:10:00 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Sheila is safe in a motel for the night - not stuck in an airport. And she has tickets for flying out tomorrow afternoon. She's in one of the Carolinas... So hopefully the storm will subside enough to let planes fly again.

I almost think our wind has died down at the moment. Boy it was bad thru the dinner hour. So we've had a real good meal, and I'm going to run the dishwasher now instead of in middle of night like I normally do. Just in case we do lose power..my dishes will be clean! lol

I've even got some candles lit right now - I won't have to fumble in the dark if the power suddenly goes out!

Glad your diecuts arrived today - Laura and Terri.
CraftyOldBat Offline
#314 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 6:14:39 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Still have power here so far! Trees down on the lines 2 streets over but not my connection I guess BigGrin

grandmaJ if you look at central MA you'll see Worcester - I am due south about 10 miles.

Checked my mailbox @ 4:40 and it was empty so I'm hoping they didn't deliver today cuz it's usually here by 2:00. (if they're in there I HOPE they're in a plastic bag..)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#315 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:21:16 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

COB - Hopefully all the diecuts are dry! They are in the individual baggies and then in the larger qt. or gallon sized baggies too.

Our weather is real calm now...raining, but little wind. Did we luck out or is the worst to come while I'm sleeping? I'm hoping it's going more westerly and staying south of me! FIngers crossed!

My sister lost power in Allentown this evening. Hopefully it won't be off too long for them.

Hope everyone else is safe!

1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
CraftyOldBat on 10/29/2012(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#316 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:01:42 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

My area survived the storm! I'm so thankful for that. Lot easier to babysit with electric!

Hoping the rest of you are in okay shape.

I keep forgetting to mention that some of you will find extra diecuts in your pkg. as I had to fill the groups up to get to 10 diecuts...so I did the diecutting for you, and you got the group of diecuts.

I've been doing this every round - so I just keep choosing names that were not in many groups to start with or who have been hostesses in other swaps and deserve the extra treat from me.

So do not be alarmed if you have extras! They are yours to keep! I tried to remember to write on the baggie: Your name, Group name, and "from Gwynne".
CraftyOldBat Offline
#317 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 6:50:24 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

AOK here - got some clean-up to do out there, but nowhere near what it could have been, so I am most grateful!
grandmaJ Offline
#318 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:24:30 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Glad to hear you both are doing good! Hope we hear from the rest soon too! Thanks for checking in to let us know you are ok!
~Pamela~ Offline
#319 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:11:54 AM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
I am so glad to see Gwynne and Sharon are ok form this nasty storm. I hope everyone else too.

I received mine yesterday but the message board was being crazy and would not let me log on! Thank you ladies for all the awesome die cuts! I seriously need to start shopping for some of these dies! Thank you Gwynne for the extras they're awesome!

Edited by user Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:39:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CMC56 Offline
#320 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:16:36 AM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Glad to hear that Gwynne, Sheila and COB are ok. I sure hope everyone else is. Gwynne I received my die cuts yesterday. Thanks for the extras and thanks ladies for the wonderful cuts. And Gwynne thanks for hosting.
chefkimmo Offline
#321 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:22:32 AM(UTC)
chefkimmo

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I received my box yesterday, although sneaky Brandon brought in the mail and didn't let me know I had it and just saw it as I was headed out the door this morning so I will check it out this evening when I get home.

I hope those who lost power during the storm are ok and thankful for you all who have made it through with little to no damage or problems.
STW Offline
#322 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:12:06 AM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Received my cuts today. Thanks for hosting, Gwynne!
grandmaJ Offline
#323 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:32:07 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Got my cuts today....THANKS EVERYONE! Some that I thought I may not care for, I surprisingly can't wait to use!! Love everyone's paper/cardstock choices and all the dies!! And Gwynne, thanks for hosting and all your hard work...and for the extra cuts!! Love them!!
CraftyOldBat Offline
#324 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:21:03 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Package received and LOVED!! Thank you everyone, especially Gwynne for the extras and for hosting! The mailman said they quit delivering early yesterday for the safety of the carriers after trees/wires started falling.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#325 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:54:24 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Good! We're basically now waiting for the West coast gals to receive theirs....
SweetCreations Offline
#326 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:20:53 PM(UTC)
SweetCreations

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hey everyone, so glad to hear that Gwynne and Sharon are ok. Hope to hear from the rest soon.

I got my die cuts yesterday but funny thing, after I looked through all the baqgies I thought I would just watch a little tv before getting on the computer and I fell asleep hahaBlushing Blushing

I do have a question Gwynne. I got a beautiful white, very lacy doily in the doily swap but there was no name on it. Would you know which one it is?

I'm thinking I'm going to be ordering some more dies Glare Glare Glare

Thanks to all

Hugs Sweets/Cherie
ScrappinGwen Offline
#327 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:38:44 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Cherie, can you review the list of names on the first page and figure it out from there? I did 3 in this group, but I also thought I put labels inside each baggie. So maybe with the names left in the list, you can see who else labeled theirs and see who you have left....

I'm pretty sure Jean and Sheila have theirs labeled too. And I remember Alicia and Candy's being labeled too. So that only leaves 2 names...

Kim and Kathy. Kim's is not big and lacy, so must be you mean Kathy's (Heaven4333).

Edited by user Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:50:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jrcreate Offline
#328 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:40:11 AM(UTC)
Jrcreate

United States

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Glad to see everyone is ok from the storm. I received my package last night and love the cuts I received. Gwen thanks so much for hosting this!
Jeanene
JeanP Offline
#329 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:43:07 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Just got power, Tv, phone & internet back about an hour ago.
Can finally see the results of the storm!!!!

We made out fine as far as the storm and trees. None down in the yard but 20 or so in our woods. Firewood for next year!!!!
We were very lucky. Beach areas are a mess. Buildings gone, some full of sand and some floating in the pond!!!!

Sheila and her family got stuck Monday in NC and then their new flight Tuesday was cancelled. They ended up renting a car and drove home yesterday.
I don't think she has power yet though.

The service for my nephew is tomorrow.
Give her a few more days and I am sure she will be checking in.

I did get our die cuts but only glanced at them.
planlady19 Offline
#330 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:21:59 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

JeanP glad to hear that you all are safe and things are not to bad for you.. Sandy just does not want to go away here.. We did not get any of the snow but 2 hours in each direction from me did.. but we are still having rain. 4 days straight is enough...

It is good that Shelia has made it home and will be thinking of you all tomorrow.

terri