Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

40 Pages«<1617181920>»
LindaKinkead Offline
#511 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 8:21:18 PM(UTC)
LindaKinkead

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Hello all! Hi to my Secret Sisters!! I hope this finds you all well. Last weekend I got a ton of stuff done for this swap. I was very productive. This weekend I will be packing up my craft room for my move the following weekend. I am going thru with my divorce. I just cant take it anymore. I am tired of living in a vicious loop fighting, promises, broken promises, more fighting........ it is never ending. I just want to peace and quiet. Talk to you all later!

Linda K
ScrappinGwen Offline
#512 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 5:31:59 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 761 time(s) in 601 post(s)
Terri, I don't know how you pull off all these swaps, plus work, plus craft shows, plus now you have to get ready for Christmas a month early! And you do such lovely work too on all your projects! Just amazing!

COB - the heck with worrying about casting a spell for no snow the week of Thanksgiving - let's worry more about the current Hurricane coming our way in the NE! Yick!!!! I don't know whether to go buy Halloween candy or not! I can see Trick or Treat being cancelled if we're going to be having high winds still on Wednesday! What a mess....

So cast your spell to keep the snow, rain, wind away from us this next week too....right thru til after Thanksgiving! lol

Never a dull moment for us!

Luvskrapin Offline
#513 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 7:20:49 AM(UTC)
Luvskrapin

United States

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Hi to both SS sisters! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! BigGrin

I finished up an item lastnight and started on some other stuff to finish up another project that I already have started! BigGrin

Me and the kids are gonna be going tomorrow to get pumpkins from the pumpkin patch then tomorrow night we are going to a thing called ride to a witch! I guess its a hay ride to the "witch swamp"! Its sounds like fun I just hope its not to cold! It has gotten really cold here within the last couple of days and we got snow early evening yesterday! Yuck I hate this time of year because of the cold and snow!!!! Crying
joysee Offline
#514 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 11:41:21 AM(UTC)
joysee

United States

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 62 post(s)
HI all!!
Waving to my secret sisters..
Hope everyone is doing good.

I do believe I will be hibernating and crafting all weekend..
Its already cold and I am so not ready for winter..ughh

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!
M&KGrandma Offline
#515 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 12:48:09 PM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 71 post(s)
I am freezing today! Yesterday was 80 and today, cold and rainy! Bill has left for deer hunting and I thought I'd have all kinds of crafting time, but my friend's Dad passed away suddenly yesterday and they are having the calling hours on Sunday. She has asked me to make a memorial board like I did for her Mother, so I'm sure I'll be busy with that! It is the perfect time to be crafting though......... I'll have the kids overnight tomorrow, love when we have sleepovers! Joe and Randi are going on a "group" date! haha!
I just put a pot of coffee on, gotta warm up some how!! And I don't normally drink it, it just sounded so good for some reason!
Yes, COB, cast that spell for NO s**w!!! I can't even bring myself to think about it~ I'm not ready for it!!!!!!
Better get moving... Matthew just got home, so I know he's going to be up for a snack! They had their Halloween party at school and he is all revved up!!!
Talk later...
Teri
DeniseE Offline
#516 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 1:09:23 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 330 time(s) in 303 post(s)
[quote=ScrappinGwen;1583197
COB - the heck with worrying about casting a spell for no snow the week of Thanksgiving - let's worry more about the current Hurricane coming our way in the NE! Yick!!!! I don't know whether to go buy Halloween candy or not! I can see Trick or Treat being cancelled if we're going to be having high winds still on Wednesday! What a mess....

So cast your spell to keep the snow, rain, wind away from us this next week too....right thru til after Thanksgiving! lol

Never a dull moment for us!

[/quote]

I really dread this storm. With all the hype it seems like it is gonna be a big one, but watch it turn out to be a piddling little rain storm. LOL My 13 year old is already planning on being out of school because of it, we shall see though. Be safe whoever is in the path of this thing.

Denise
Jen Offline
#517 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 1:46:39 PM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
JCI...Had a minor health scare but things are good now. Just busy with some appointments.

Sounds like a lot of people have plans for the weekend. Nothing special going on here except a grocery story grand opening. Wegmans is openings about 2 miles up the road from us. We have heard it will be pretty busy and to expect some major traffic delays. Not sure if I want to brave the crowd or not. Might just be a home body and stay home crafting this weekend. The store will be there next week.

Gwen, we are gearing up for the storm too. Seems like a lot of people in our area are as well. I stopped at the grocery store today and they were pretty crowded. Being on the east coast we never know which way these storms will turn. We have been told to expect lots of heavy winds and flooding. We are fortunate to have a whole house generator. Last time power was out for several days so we try to help the older neighbors we have.

This swap is going a little slow for me. I changed my mind on a couple items already. But I do love a challenge and hope my SS I am sending to likes and will enjoy the items I create for her.

Edited by user Friday, October 26, 2012 1:48:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

planlady19 Offline
#518 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 3:01:25 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 281 time(s) in 264 post(s)
ok the heck with stocking up on food and such.. dh can travel through the snow for that stuff I am off to the craft store to get supplies so if i get snowed in.. i will be able to craft away..which would not hurt my feelings at all.. i could use a couple of days at home to get ready for the show..

I do not like the forcast they are calling for our area. they are calling for power outages and 1 foot of snow. this is not funny...

Gwen it does keep me busy but i keep thinking if i was not crafting then i would just be setting around watching tv and eating and I sure don't need to eat anymore.. I have been trying to loose weight and keeping busy is the only way I can do it.

so hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and "Sandy" goes away and stays out of our hair..

come one COB get busy with those spells..

craftymomof2 Offline
#519 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 3:08:50 PM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
Good Evening, Ladies! Hoping that everyone stays safe through the coming weather.

Sheila and Jean, I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

I have completed 2 of my days so far. Need to get busy. I really like how they turned out.(Definitely out of my comfort zone.)We are having rainy, chilly weather today, high of 52 when yesterday highs were in the upper 80's. Cooking a pot of chicken tortilla soup tonight. (I am addicted to this stuff.) Hopefully it will warm us up.

Hugs, LanaBigGrin
amylendall Offline
#520 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 4:38:19 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
I have a generic question for anyone who could possibly help me. where can I find a 12x12 frame to alter for a project I am working on?
JeanP Offline
#521 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 5:54:00 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 932 time(s) in 753 post(s)
Originally Posted by: amylendall Go to Quoted Post
I have a generic question for anyone who could possibly help me. where can I find a 12x12 frame to alter for a project I am working on?

I get mine at Michael's but I would think any craft store would have them. Sometimes they say "scrapbook frame". I think I paid $3-5 for them
PetiteKalashnikovna Offline
#522 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 7:50:18 PM(UTC)
PetiteKalashnikovna

Was thanked: 220 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LindaKinkead Go to Quoted Post
Hello all! Hi to my Secret Sisters!! I hope this finds you all well. Last weekend I got a ton of stuff done for this swap. I was very productive. This weekend I will be packing up my craft room for my move the following weekend. I am going thru with my divorce. I just cant take it anymore. I am tired of living in a vicious loop fighting, promises, broken promises, more fighting........ it is never ending. I just want to peace and quiet. Talk to you all later!

Linda K

Linda, I'm glad you somehow managed to stay creative and strong despite everything you're facing. More prayers and hugs are going your way.

I am on to my 8th item which I hope to finish by Sunday. I still have to finish a Halloween mini album tonight. It will be a quick one and I will be utilizing the stickers in the paper pack but the paper line (Chillingsworth Manor by Echo Park) is absolutely gorgeous that I certainly don't mind the flat stickers.

It gets to as low as the 60's here early in the morning but then the temperature drops to the 80s by midday. Still not chilly enough for a sweater.

Hi to ____E____ and the Secret Sister that has me!

amylendall Offline
#523 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 8:41:09 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
I get mine at Michael's but I would think any craft store would have them. Sometimes they say "scrapbook frame". I think I paid $3-5 for them

thanks I think I saw a coupon in my email for this weekend for michaels might have to make a little trip to michaels tomorrow!
Originally Posted by: PetiteKalashnikovna Go to Quoted Post

It gets to as low as the 60's here early in the morning but then the temperature drops to the 80s by midday. Still not chilly enough for a sweater.

I wish it was that nice here! we got slammed with a nasty winter storm out of the ordinary for this time of year! yesterday on 1 freeway alone there was a 19 car pile up! thank goodness I was not anywhere near it or involved! I just saw it on the news! we have only been getting into the 40's for highs this week and below freezing for lows at night!I am just going to sit here next to a cozy warm fire for tonight and stay warm!

hope everyone survives the storm headed your way!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#524 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 11:06:53 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Okay, I'm off to the grocery store to see if there is still bread and milk left on the shelves to buy. I expect to see bare shelves with everyone going into panic mode with the impending hurricane.

Wish me luck! lol

(and I'd stay home but I haven't been to the grocery store in 3 weeks, so I really need to go!)

On a good note - my diecut swap is all mailed out and the altered frame swap is 90% done....that means I get to really concentrate on this swap later this week! WooHoo! I'm tired of just collecting products, embellishments and ideas! I want to start creating with them too!
DeniseKenna Offline
#525 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 12:06:44 PM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Started reading and couldn't stop laughing about no snow at ThanksgivingLaugh Flapper Laugh We'll be lucky to not have a big dumping of snow by Halloween. It's a mixed blessing really up here since the snow makes things look brighter during the dark days of winter.

DD got STRAIGHT A's!!!! Super proud because she really has to work hard (unlike DS who comes by it easily)

Gotta spend more time in my scrap room and get my crafty mojo flowing.
chefkimmo Offline
#526 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 1:49:03 PM(UTC)
chefkimmo

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I believe I posted this past week for the life of me I can't seem to find it. I can't believe how the days go flying by... we all have so much going.

Linda, some times the resolve helps to just to move on. Once I did I don't think I looked back. I wish you all the best.

Sheila and Jean - I thought I had said this in another post and maybe it was another thread but my heart goes out to you both. Jean, I am sure Sheila is thankful to have family so close during this time.

I do see pluses and minuses in the politics of these people and we all make our choices for our own reasons. I am stunned that my mother is still for the person she is - I think how can we believe so differently. I really try to avoid discussing politics as I always feel that I lack in the ability to properly talk about it.

This past week, a friend of ours died that was a complete shock to almost everyone around. The family kept it very close and told no one. He apparantly found out he had liver cancer and a tumor and left us in about 2 months. He was the father of another FFA student and played in a band. The band played in our backyard for Brandon's 16th birthday and we have seen them play in other places. Brandon so looked up to Phillip and loves there son Kyle so much. Weirdest thing is that I thought about Phillip several times over the past few months and kept thinkin I should get on Facebook or e-mail him to say I was thinking of them... I am sad I didn't. I keep picturing his smiling face and positive attitude and am happy to remember him that way. Brandon took it a lot better than I ever imagined. The funeral was Thursday and Ann went with us.

The craft show I have organized for 5 years now is coming fast but my involvement has been ummmm, much less than before due to how things happened earlier about the FFA. I have done many shows with my Pampered Chef products and am thinking I can use my talents in organizing such an event for another group... someday.

I told the group that I would help follow through on the vendor side this year since I really had not handed off the information and it wasn't the fault of the rest of the group that we are no longer can be part of the FFA.... Anne hates it that I did that... me, I just felt it was the right thing to do.

On that note I do believe sometimes there is someone who makes things happen for a reason. I was just told last week that they need me to go on a trip...to Romania!! I will be gone for a week and it so happens it will be during the week that the activities before and the weekend of the craft show will be going. I have to finish getting things together and hand them off to one of the volunteers with all the directions of what I do.

So that is my life in a nut shell... I am working on my projects and may take something to work on in the plane. I have tons to do before I fly out next week but I will check in this week

Edited by user Saturday, October 27, 2012 1:50:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#527 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 4:27:00 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Romania! Now that is a place I wasn't expecting someone here say they had to go on a business trip to! Make the best of it Kim and I hope you get to see a little culture while there.

Will Brandon stay with Anne? (I'm nosey)

I survived my grocery shopping excursion. There was still milk and bread on the shelves, but every bottle of water was long gone! But oh boy is everyone and their brother shopping today.

Then I went to Walmart and they did have a few cases of water left, but bread was pretty much wiped out! lol

Took forever to get checked out there! Such long lines. Just crazy!

Terri - it's not looking too good for you and all that snow they are calling for! Yikes! Lots of crafting time though! During the daylight hours...

Crossing my fingers for all of us. It's apt to be something we've never experienced in this part of our world. Hurricane winds and rain! who woulda thunk?
chefkimmo Offline
#528 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 5:33:28 PM(UTC)
chefkimmo

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I guess I should have thrown that note out there. Yes, Anne will be taking care of Brandon. More reason I need to get things done around here as she said she will come stay here most nights to help keep him on a routine. I need to get my room (which is also my crafting room) into shape for her to stay here. She said she has to be at her house during the election as she will want to be where she can easily talk to her sister and others about the results. She gets pretty wound up about the whole thing. I fly out next Sunday & Monday will be in Romania with a short layover in Germany. I have made arrangements to stay one extra day so I won't fly back until the following Sunday.

I so hope everyone has their supplies (Terri, Jean, COB, Gwynne, Sheila, and all others living in the area of the storm) Wish I could send some from our direction. Since the last hurricane here, I always start buying a few cases of water and may allow us to drink on them some but replace them as we do... just in case of a hurricane and then after it is over we just keep minimal water here.

You all probably know this but freeze as much as you can. It helps to keep the freezer frozen if the power goes out and it is extra water for later. So whatever freezer space you have slide bottles in every space that they fit. I think I also filled every pot in the house in case it went out so I had it for washing or drinking as needed. They say to fill your bath tub and you can use that for flushing.

One year, I just boiled the water and added to the tub and took a nice bath after it was over since we really didn't need to use it. LOL

I just got a replacement for something I was making for this swap so I am going to work on that and see how it turns out.
Luvskrapin Offline
#529 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:57:26 PM(UTC)
Luvskrapin

United States

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Finished up another item lastnight after me and my son got home from ride to a witch at a place called Gardner Village! It was alot of fun! A tractor pulls a trailer with hay on it for you to sit on to a "witches village" called Cricket Hallow! Then you take a tour of their village! After we did that and went back we walked around Gardner Village and looked in the stores! We got some hot choclate, cinnamon roasted almonds, and a carmel apple which was very yummy!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend! Huge hi to both of my SS! BigGrin
DeniseE Offline
#530 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:24:32 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 330 time(s) in 303 post(s)
JCI I may be MIA due to this blasted storm. Getting ready to cut out stuff I will need in case we lose power. Stocked up on water, non perishables, doggie insulin and other things. If anyone else is in the path of the storm be safe.

Denise
tiffanyherrington Offline
#531 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:34:30 PM(UTC)
tiffanyherrington

United States

Was thanked: 172 time(s) in 157 post(s)
HI both of my SS!

Linda...Been thinking about you and all your going thru.Hugs!

Sheila and Jean ...Been thinking about you both all week. My heart goes out to you both.

Hubby is going out of town next weekend.I am so excited I get to craft all weekend...BigGrin
Birdseye7776 Offline
#532 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:45:27 PM(UTC)
Birdseye7776

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Hi to Both my SS's. Sorry if you have felt I've been MIA... Sometimes I wish life would slow down, but have to realize IT WILL NEVER SLOW DOWN.......... I just need some energy. by the end of the day (when I use to hide out in my scrap room) I'm SO exhausted, I just want to go to bed.
This weekend I was able to escape to this convention called "Time out for Women". WOW what inspiring Speakers we were able to listen to. Friday night after the convention, of course EVERYONE was trying to get on elevators. well My sisters, mom and I squeezed onto an elevator, well ya, the elevator got stuck. What a scary experience. I've never been stuck on an elevator. Only ONE person could get service on there phone so she called 911. after about 30 min the elevator Finally moved down a level and the doors opened. Did I mention there were 21 of us on there? Saturday, We took the stairs. But we all were taking pics and trying to make the most out of the situation. It got Very hot.
Here is one of the pics. I think the rest were taken with my camera. this is the only one I could find on my phone. (i'm not in this pic, I was taking it)

On Thursday we woke up to Snow. I wasn't expecting it and only realized it had snowed when I went to make my baby a bottle and looked up at the window. We got about 3 inches. It is gone now, other then the big balls of snow my kids tried making snow men with

Anyway, I am alive. Just heading out to a Halloween party. Hope everyone has a Great day
CMC56 Offline
#533 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:38:57 PM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Sorry I have been mia for a while I was down for the count with acute brochitis. I hope everyone in the path of the storm will be safe and take all precautions. I have 3 things finished for this swap and hope to catch up this week.

Cheryl
bklynborn Offline
#534 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:38:56 PM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 129 post(s)
JCI. thingking of everyone in the path of this storm. be safe
ScrappinGwen Offline
#535 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:22:52 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I'm thinking I should stop watching the weather channel! The more I watch the worse the news and warnings get!

Stafe safe Denise - it's looking like you will really get slammed by morning with wind and rain.

On a good note, my sister and husband were in Oklahoma for a football game and to visit a niece and they luckily were able to fly back home to Allentown, PA today! She texted that clouds were amazing and a little bit of a bumpy ride. I'm thinking she was very happy to be back on the ground! lol I'm just glad they were able to get all the way back home before storm hits.

I'm thinking Sheila is going to be stuck in TX tomorrow....I'm sure her granddaughter and daughter in law will appreciate more time with the family and find comfort.

Bridgette - I'm not so sure I'd be smiling, getting my pic taken, if I were stuck in an elevator! Yikes!!

Jessica - sounds like you had a grand time with your son at the Halloween outing.

JeanP Offline
#536 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:59:12 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

I have 4 directives finished and 2 more ready to assemble.
I might be able to get them plus one more done tomorrow if I don't have any interruptions.

Then I have ideas for a couple others but not sure how they will come out as they are something completly new for me!!!!!
Don't worry SS, if they come out bad, I won't send themBigGrin BigGrin

planlady19 Offline
#537 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:03:43 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 281 time(s) in 264 post(s)
Kimmo have a great trip and be safe. I was in Germany during my senior year but i don't think i would want to travel outside of the us again..

ok the weather just needs to behave it is not being nice..

so everyone stay safe and hope if we get stuck at home we can still craft away.

Jen Offline
#538 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 11:27:24 PM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Well the beginings of Hurricane Sandy have started to grace us with her presence with rain and winds. Supposed to get worse through out the day. Anyone in the path of this hurricane please stay safe.

Edited by user Monday, October 29, 2012 3:59:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyOldBat Offline
#539 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 5:44:53 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 408 time(s) in 340 post(s)
DDIL made it safely into VA Beach @ 3:30 this morning thank God, lots of wind & rain down there.

Our winds have picked up a bit but not bad yet here in central MA. News is reporting lots of coastal evacs going on in CT this morning. The south coasts are supposed to get slammed.

Our big concern here is wind gusts; the coast is a different story. The governor declared state of emergency yesterday so schools/municipalities would be closed and he's encouraged everyone possible to be closed to keep folks off the roads. Downed trees, power lines,local flooding & gusty winds will make travel dangerous. The Nat'l Guard has been called up for New England: I wonder where my DD will be reporting since she's out of NH but her unit is in MA for pre-deployment training. Last I heard she was in a tent @ Ft. Devens...

Last I heard 3,000 flights were cancelled so I hope Sheila won't be trying to get home today!

Hold on East Coast Crafters and check-in when possible!
JeanP Offline
#540 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 6:28:59 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Last I heard, Sheila and family will be flying into Charlotte today. They were rescheduled for a later flight out but that has now been cancelled. No planes flying into Providence. Looks like they will be stuck but hopefully they will get home sometime tomorrow.
Something they really don't need!!!!!