Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages123>»
Scraprageous Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:45:37 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
Maximum of 8 participants per week. Eight weeks per round.

52 Week Swap, Round 5

This is a really fun, but demanding swap that I did last year. This year, we had enough participants that I didn’t get it listed here, but with life events, we are now down to three continuing participants. We need to get a few more, so if you are up to a challenge – this swap is for you! This swap is listed on another board, so if you don't know someone, don't worry, the ladies with us are wonderful swappers and always follow the rules :D.

New swappers and experienced are both welcome to join. Just be sure to follow all the rules or ask questions if you don’t understand.

After joining, I will send you my address for mailing. I would like to get an email from all participants as well, just in case the board goes down. Mine is scraprageous@gmail.com .

Rules/FAQ’s

1. Please mail on time. I understand that life happens. If it happens to you, please be sure to communicate, communicate, communicate. You can send me pm’s or emails, but please keep me informed if you are running late.

2. Include return postage equal to what you send plus about $1 more in stamps. Some ladies like to include $ .05, .10, .03 stamps so I can be as exact as possible – or use flat rate priority. Even cash is ok, but be aware that I only return change if it is $ .25 or more.

3. Sign up for all 8 weeks or just a few – your choice! If you aren’t sure about creating so many items, this is a great swap to work on with a buddy.

4. FOLLOW ALL RULES regarding swap make up. I post them so we are all on the same page when it comes to how to create our items.

5. Use quality cardstock or multiple layers if it isn’t great cardstock. This swap works well to use up your stash, but remember you need to do multiple layers if the cardstock is thin to make a quality piece. Only send work you are proud of and would use for yourself.

6. Patterned paper is allowed – but same as above. If it is thin, you will need to use more than one layer.

7. Two layers, minimum, are required for all projects.

8. Specific rules for specific pieces can be found under each heading (ex: sizes for photo mats, etc.)

9. Embellishments: each piece is to be embellished twice. What counts? Almost anything – inking the edges, bling, ribbon, glimmer mist, glossy accents, flowers, buttons, rub-ons, etc.. The only one that doesn’t – flat stickers.

10. Mailing date – please mail to arrive to me by date indicated above. DC is nice, but not required.

11. Ask any questions you have. Some weeks I may have limited access to internet, but I usually manage to check at least once a day.

12. HAVE FUN! Be creative! Try something new!

Still here? The the weekly requirements for the rounds will be in the 2nd post.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:58:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scraprageous Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:48:00 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

11/1 - Week 1: Person Shaped. I had envisioned Gingerbread people, but you could also do Santa, Elves, Scarecrows, Pilgrims, etc.. Just pick one you like and enjoy. Minimum size 4” tall.

1. CandyHazz
2. Lbaker
3. SweetCreations
4. DeniseEmmerich
5. Sunnybrook494
6. LauraHunter - RECEIVED
7. CricutJunkie
8. Scraprageous - HERE

11/8 - Week 2: Orange. Create something for this week with orange as the main color. You may use cardstock or patterned paper or both, just be sure that orange is the main color. Items to choose from for this week: Photo mat(s), Paper piecing, embellishment baggie, or license plate.

Photo Mat requirements: 1 per person if it can hold a standard 4x6 photo (must show at least 1” around the photo); 2 per person if designed for smaller photos.

Paper Piecing requirements: 4” in length or width. (it can be larger, but no smaller please). At least four pieces. If you choose something that is only one piece, remember you can add to it. Ex: I created a three piece flower and added a garden sign for the fourth piece. As long as they are attached, it counts.

Embellishment Baggie: This is an option for all weeks, however, please don’t do more than two per round. This is for those weeks when time is just getting away from you. Minimal requirements are: 1 yard of fiber or ribbon, 2-4 buttons (depends on size), 4-6 brads (size affects), plus three more items (not all the same) of your choice. Ex: sending three pieces of bling does not count as three items, but as one.

License plate requirements: One per person if dimensions are at least 2” x 4”; otherwise 2 per person. Two layers and either 4 brads or other items required for the corners. Please be sure to round the corners like real license plates.

1. CandyHazz
2. Lbaker
3. SweetCreations
4. DeniseEmmerich
5. Sunnybrook494
6. LauraHunter
7. CricutJunkie
8. Scraprageous

11/15 - Week Three: DCWV. This week we will be using Die Cuts with a View papers. Any stack you like, just remember, when using the thin paper, it needs to have another layer. You can create photo mat(s), embellishment baggies, journal items, or deco squares.
Journal Items: 1 per person if 3”x4” or if they have a journal pocket, otherwise 2 per person.

Deco Squares: 2 per person if 2.25” x 2.25” or larger, otherwise 3 per person at 2”x2”. Each square to have two embellishments (inking edges does count as one, same with spraying with glimmer mist or something similar).

1. CandyHazz
2. Lbaker
3. SweetCreations
4. DeniseEmmerich
5. Sunnybrook494
6. LauraHunter
7. CricutJunkie
8. Scraprageous

11/22 - Week Four: Outdoors. The sky is the limit here – you choose what outdoors represents, what you see, interpret as you will. Item choices for this week: Photo Mat(s), embellishment baggies, Journal Items, license plates or Deco Squares.

1. CandyHazz
2. Lbaker
3. SweetCreations
4. DeniseEmmerich
5. Sunnybrook494
6. LauraHunter
7. CricutJunkie
8. Scraprageous

11/29 - Week Five: Choice Item. Each round I always include a week where you choose the item, the theme, everything. Why? There are so many talented scrappers/card crafters out there that I want everyone to have a chance to show off a new or favorite technique or try a new item. Some past items have often been 3-d, including glass creations, shaped items, mini-album pages, mini album kits, beaded sprays, notepads, 3-D flowers. Standard items are fine for this week too!

1. CandyHazz
2. Lbaker
3. SweetCreations
4. DeniseEmmerich
5. Sunnybrook494
6. LauraHunter
7. CricutJunkie
8. Scraprageous

12/6 - Week Six: King Tut Day. Eachround I include a theme day. This round is King Tut Day, which was November 4. What to create? Something with King Tut/Egypt/Treasure in mind. Photo mat(s), License Plates, Journal Items, Embellishment Baggies, Deco Squares or Bead sprays are the choices for this week.

Bead Spray Requirements: At least 3 beads and 2 flowers required. Bead Spray to be a minimum of 5” in length or width.

1. CandyHazz
2. Lbaker
3. SweetCreations
4. DeniseEmmerich
5. Sunnybrook494
6. LauraHunter
7. CricutJunkie
8. Scraprageous

12/13 - Week Seven – Clearly Seen. I love to use recycled items whenever I can, so this week, when creating your items for this week, some part of it must have a piece of something clear. The item can be new, it doesn’t have to be recycled, but it could be. This could be clear acrylic, an overlay, a slide, acetate, glossy accents, etc.. Save some packaging from an overlay or cricut cartridge to create a piece to go with this week’s theme. Alcohol inks work great, so do stazon inks for stamping. Your choice! Items to choose from for this week include: Photo mat(s), journal item(s), mini-album page, standard size greeting card, license plates, bead spray, paper pieced item, deco squares.

Mini-Album page – at least two embellishments, minimum size 3” x 3”

Greeting Card – if you create a standard size of 4.25” x 5.5” card, no envelopes are required. Please include an envelope if you create any other size.

1. CandyHazz
2. Lbaker
3. SweetCreations
4. DeniseEmmerich
5. Sunnybrook494
6. LauraHunter
7. CricutJunkie
8. Scraprageous

12/20 - Week Eight – creatively exhausted yet? Well, here is an easy week for you :D. Each round I keep week eight reserved for the same item. It is amazing how different things are, even when we have the identical challenge. What is it? Create a journal item to coordinate with one of the previous seven weeks.

1. CandyHazz
2. Lbaker
3. SweetCreations
4. DeniseEmmerich
5. Sunnybrook494
6. LauraHunter
7. CricutJunkie
8. Scraprageous

Next step? Time to ship your items. Please place items for each swapper into a ziploc baggie and label with your screen name (minimum). Mail to arrive to my house by 1/9/2013. Please post the day you mail. I will post the day items arrive.

Any questions? Just ask BigGrin

Round 5 would normally start 12/28, but we are doing two weeks off for Christmas/New Years due to scheduled things I have this year, so it would not start until 1/10/2013. Once Round 4 begins, I will do a posting for round 5. Still max of 8. It is fun to have a project listed by my table to think about during the week, then I usually create when inspiration hits. :D

Edited by user Friday, January 04, 2013 8:21:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SweetCreations Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:23:32 PM(UTC)
SweetCreations

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi Scraprageous. I think I would like to try all 8 weeks. I do have a few questions tho. Can you tell me what the "deco squares, license plates and bead sprays" look like? Do you have any websites I can look at.

Thanks for the swap

SweetCreations/Cherie
meccc@clarkcountycourts.us or cl222@aol.com
Scraprageous Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 4:53:51 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Cherie

Yes, a few links (they are from my blogs so they show past projects in a previous round)

From my original blog - August 11, 2011 - this shows the pieces from this particular round. 6 participants. There is a license plate that has swthrt in one of the photos. Shows some paper piecings and other items (ATC's, Bookmarks, etc.. Each round brings something new)
52 week swap - 2011

From my current blog - http://www.scrapbooksandcows.bl...und-one-2012-rounds.htmltried with just 4, but too small of a group, however the results are beautiful. The 2nd photo shows some deco squares.

Bead sprays are also shown (I will find the post) as well as in a video I recorded on Ustream under Scraprageous.

gotta run drop off kids at the train - will post a few more samples later :D

Scraprageous Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:30:29 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Here are some photos from round one of the first time I did a 52 week swap

http://scraprageous.blogspot.co...-round-one-complete.html

I thought I had all rounds posted, so I will do some more looking. :D

Scraprageous Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 8:24:48 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Thanks for joining in BigGrin

Let me know if you are looking for further examples of items. I think I have them all covered above. (Visitors in town, so I posted kind of quick. If I missed something just let me know - thanks)
CandyHazzard Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 2:37:16 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
This is a fun swap ... we need more people ... and you'll end up with a half a mini from me ... what more could you want LOL LOL LOL
sunnybrook494 Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 4:58:49 PM(UTC)
sunnybrook494

United States

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Scraprageous

Sent you an email with questions... This looks like fun!
Scraprageous Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 7:18:28 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Sunnybrook494

I just got home and sent you a reply. This is definitely a fun swap. Even if you are newer to swapping, it is ok - the best way to learn is to try. Just double check rules and ask any questions and I will do what I can to answer (as will others in the swap).

It is amazing to see the work of so many talented ladies. I have learned a ton of stuff and seen some really cool techniques.

Besides - if you haven't seen one of Candy's mini's - they are definitely wonderful and well worth giving things a try! I have last year's mini she made for all participants displayed in my scrap area - it is beautiful.

Lucinda BigGrin
SweetCreations Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 7:37:56 PM(UTC)
SweetCreations

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Thanks all, can't wait to get started on this!!

Sweets
Scraprageous Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 7:56:08 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Glad to have you joining us BigGrin BigGrin
DeniseE Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 8:46:29 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 341 time(s) in 308 post(s)
How long are you going to keep it open? I would love to join, but need to see how far I get with my other swaps.

Denise
Scraprageous Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 6:07:34 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

either until it fills or the end of October as the swap will start 11/1 to have things work correctly.

BigGrin

I will go back and add weeks to the 2nd post - didn't realize I forgot those Blushing Blushing
DeniseE Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 2:46:53 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Sign me up for all categories. I am making progress on my SS Christmas swap, so I am good to go.

Thanks

Denise
Scraprageous Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 5:18:29 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

BigGrin Denise

Thanks for joining in! This is a really fun swap. Glad your others are progressing well BigGrin Lucinda
sunnybrook494 Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 5:29:54 AM(UTC)
sunnybrook494

United States

Hi Lucinda

Thanks for your reply! I think this does sound like lots of fun so I would like to join for all 8 weeks. I'll be sure to check in if I have questions since this is my first big swap! Speaking of that... Do you like to keep the items seasonally oriented (ie fall/ winter) or can it be anything?

Looking forward to lots of fun!!

Rebecca
Scraprageous Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 5:51:59 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Rebecca,

Sounds great! Thanks for joining in BigGrin

As far as element go, as long as they follow the theme stated in the week(King Tut, for example), you can create whatever you wish. There is no need to try to stick with seasons. There is usually a place to do something seasonal if you wish (choice week), but no requirement unless stated in the week's instructions. BigGrin

Hope this all makes sense. This should be an awesome round!

Lucinda

1 user thanked Scraprageous for this useful post.
sunnybrook494 on 9/23/2012(UTC)
laurahunter Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:18:19 AM(UTC)
laurahunter

Location: DFW area, Texas MQ # 246 page 9, New MQ # 28 page 1

Was thanked: 366 time(s) in 336 post(s)
I have been thinking about this for awhile and would like to join. I did it last year and had a good time.

Thanks, Laura
CandyHazzard Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:51:59 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Yeah, Laura, welcome back :)

We still have room for one more ...
cricutjunky Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:20:22 AM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
ok I'm in put me in for all eight weeks, what the heck I need to be pushed a little!

Edited by user Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:30:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CandyHazzard Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:37:55 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

OK, thanks CricutJunky ... we're full for round 5

1. CandyHazz
2. Lbaker
3. SweetCreations
4. DeniseEmmerich
5. Sunnybrook494
6. LauraHunter
7. CricutJunky
8. Scraprageous

Edited by user Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:38:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scraprageous Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:57:59 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Candy - thanks so much for your help while I am traveling :D

Laura - welcome back! It is a lot of fun :D

Cricutjunkie - welcome! This is a fun swap!
DeniseE Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:22:44 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Started gathering supplies and making lists. Hope everyone is feeling equally creative.

Denise
Scraprageous Offline
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:40:56 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Lots of ideas here! :D
cricutjunky Offline
#25 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 2:35:35 PM(UTC)
cricutjunky

ok I have a question, i'm sorry I've never done this swap before, so I need clarification.

"Next step? Time to ship your items. Please place items for each swapper into a ziploc baggie and label with your screen name (minimum). Mail to arrive to my house by 1/9/2013. Please post the day you mail. I will post the day items arrive." are we making eight of each item???
Scraprageous Offline
#26 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 3:23:59 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Cricutjunky - No problem! Hope this helps (it may be more than you were looking for, sometimes I get long winded BigGrin )

Yes, you do create eight of each item.

As an example for everyone new to this swap - here is what I usually do. I print out the listing of items and put it by my calendar that I see each day (or by my desk - depends if it is during the school year or not).

Then, if I come up with an idea - I can jot it down (before I forget - I can't always remember what I went downstairs to get, so this is important for me). Then, as I have time/mojo hits, I try to create one item (8 each) each week. I seldom get the week done that is written - I go with the mojo - if I feel like creating a different week instead, I do. Just so I have 8 of each item completed by the end, it really doesn't matter what order you follow.

So - week 1 for round 5 is making 8 people. I am not sure on that (not time to start, so not a big deal). However, I have been doing some really fun, orange, pumpkin cutouts for church, so I am leaning towards creating a pumpkin piecing for my item for week 2. That is my plan for now, it may change (I don't want to spoil surprises)

After creating all items for all eight weeks, I allow two weeks for things to be packaged and shipped. I know things come up, so that is why the two week time frame. Several people routinely finish early, others like to have it arrive just before/on the due date.

Ziploc baggies: It makes swapping out much easier if you put all eight items for each of the eight participants into separate, sealed baggies with your screen name on them. That way if a piece of bling comes off (or something comes apart), there is no doubt where it belongs. It also makes swapping this out much easier. As this swap goes along, sometimes we get to know each other fairly well and come up with some specific items in a swap (example - monogrammed pieces all require the correct initials). If you label a baggie to go to XYZ swapper, I do make sure that that particular individual gets that baggie.

I ask that you post on this thread, the day you mail. That way I am on the lookout for your package. I will be pm'ing my address to you about the first of November so you have it, otherwise, feel free to pm me and I will send it out. I do not post my address on the boards for safety reasons.

Also, please do not post DC#'s on this board. You can pm them to me. It is public and you can find out locations of people shipping/receiving with that number. DC's are optional, and in almost 8 years of swapping, only two packages have gone missing. One with a DC, one without. The one with DC was never found, so swapper rec'd her postage back. The other one didn't get anything.

Once swaps arrive at my house, I will post RECEIVED by your name in the thread (I think it is the 2nd post here) as well as a post on the thread so that you know it showed up safe and sound. The other thing I do is to check that all rules were followed/enough items are included - if anything is up, I let you know (usually all is perfectly fine).

Hope this makes sense? BigGrin

Edited by user Sunday, October 07, 2012 3:25:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: typo

cricutjunky Offline
#27 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 7:49:45 AM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Well that is definitely more than what I was looking for, but I'll just have to tone it down, I was working on the first project and it was time consuming, but that was when I thought I was making only one, I'll do my best. Thanks for the help.
cricutjunky Offline
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:42:22 PM(UTC)
cricutjunky

I have a question, can we make anything for the theme, or are we to make the things you suggest?
Scraprageous Offline
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 4:19:33 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Cricutjunkie - you can create other items, but I ask that you double check dimensions and such with me first.

I did pm you a list of more items I have requirements written for BigGrin

Anyone else in this swap who would like a copy, let me know and I can send it out or just send me approximate description/dimensions of what you want to create. I have never had to turn anyone's ideas down yet. Usually we just end up discussing a bit further and I end up learning :D

sunnybrook494 Offline
#30 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:48:23 PM(UTC)
sunnybrook494

United States

Making progress on my items... And having loads of fun making things (like deco squares and license plates) I've never done before... But you'll have to wait and see which week they go too... Not telling! :)