Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Scoobee75 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:47:14 AM(UTC)
Scoobee75

Groups: Registered

I've been trying to get my Gypsy updated for 3 hours. Cricut Sync says that it's finished installing the firmware and the green bar is still moving, but it also says not to shut the machine off because it's still updating. Is this normal. My updates were only current to April 2012. I have DSL so I don't think my internet connection is the problem. I'm running Cricut Sync on an older computer though because it seems to have less problems. Has anyone else had it take this long?
AimeeP Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 7:02:03 PM(UTC)
AimeeP

I am currently having the same issue - have not updated in about 8 months. Starting over as my computer battery died :)
Cricut Heidi Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 7:08:31 PM(UTC)
Cricut Heidi

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AimeeP Go to Quoted Post
I am currently having the same issue - have not updated in about 8 months. Starting over as my computer battery died :)

The sync should not take that long. I would suggest stopping it and starting over.

BarbPoll Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 8:47:19 PM(UTC)
BarbPoll

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 2102 time(s) in 679 post(s)
I updated a couple of days ago. I hadn't done an update in almost a year. It took about 1 hour after I loaded the latest version of Cricut Sync. It went very smooth.

I just noticed I have Cricut Craft Room Basics on my Gypsy now as well as something called Moutaches & Glasses. Don't know when they were offered as freebies.
DianeBorba53216ed247 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 8:39:17 PM(UTC)
DianeBorba53216ed247

ive been trying to update my gypsy all day it gets to a certain point then doesnt seem to go any farther. i tried to run it and it takes me to the app screen i pick the cricut then try to click keypad to go the cartridge and it takes me back to the app page. Help...
Cricut Dani Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 8:49:56 PM(UTC)
Cricut Dani

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DianeBorba53216ed247 Go to Quoted Post
ive been trying to update my gypsy all day it gets to a certain point then doesnt seem to go any farther. i tried to run it and it takes me to the app screen i pick the cricut then try to click keypad to go the cartridge and it takes me back to the app page. Help...

Hello Dianeborba,

We are sorry to hear about the issues that you have been having with your Gypsy. There is some troubleshooting that we can try. Please follow the steps below:

1) If you will plug your Gypsy into the computer and open up Cricut Sync
2) You are then going to select “Don’t Update Now” if it prompts you to update.
3) Go up to the “Help” option
4) You will then select “Troubleshooting”
5) There will be questions that will now show on the window. Will you please answer them as follows: Yes No Yes Yes.
7) Once this troubleshooting is finished we would like you disconnect your Gypsy and try designing with your Gypsy again.

If after doing this troubleshooting process it does not fix your issue then would we would like to recommend that you call the number below where a representative will be happy to troubleshoot with you further.

1-877-727-4288 Monday-Friday: 7am-6pm MST

-Cricut Dani
Debbiecraftsalot Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 4:45:37 AM(UTC)
Debbiecraftsalot

I'm having the same problem. It's says it's done but keeps loading and says not to remove. Finally after so much time I finally disconnected it. It will power on and go,to,the cricut screen but when I tap the cricut button it does nothing. Do you hear me screeching.....I miss my gypsy, I like ccr but all my designs are on the gypsy. Customer service has been trying to help me but so far nothing has worked.
theproc0a14c052 Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:10:33 AM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Mine did that when I downloaded the new CCR updates for the first time. I had to reformat my gypsy which did revive it but I lost all my saved gypsy files.