Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kaleidoscope Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 3:21:13 PM(UTC)
kaleidoscope

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 195 post(s)
If you categorize your folders by type, what categories do you use? Christmas and fall are obvious but not so sure about some others. Like spots, dots, paisley, mosaic. Hmm....
 1 user thanked kaleidoscope for this useful post.
CricutNana on 9/28/2010(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 12:26:33 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 751 time(s) in 582 post(s)
I have each of mine separated by cardboard with a tab at the top to put the name on. I change the color of the tabs to show the few folders that I have which are not Cuttlebug. I have a few groups that are labeled "Christmas" and "Halloween," but all the others have the name on the tab at the top and are alphabetical order. I also plan to emboss an example and attach it to the front of each file. The little folders I keep in baseball card sleeves in a 3-ring binder.

Dee
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
kaleidoscope on 9/26/2010(UTC)
kaleidoscope Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 2:29:37 PM(UTC)
kaleidoscope

I made a box to hold mine and for the card ones, I'm trying to think of the best way to sort them to flip through.
DeeScraps Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 5:08:01 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

I should add to my post that I have them in a small CD holder that WalMart used to carry. I also have my Nesties in clear CD cases and filed in these plastic CD holders. They are just the right size. They were only $1 each so I bought a lot of them.

See
ThisisJulz Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 1:06:48 PM(UTC)
ThisisJulz

Was thanked: 161 time(s) in 122 post(s)
I should organize mine, however they are just in a photo box at the moment. I just flip through them. Organizing would save time. lol I will have to use some of your ideas!
TSHREVE Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:21:53 PM(UTC)
TSHREVE

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 232 post(s)
I separate mine by manufacturer. I have a couple of the tall metal lunch box type boxes I bought at J's and covered and decorated. I have all my sizzix embossing folders in one tin and all my Cuttlebug in another. And I am working on a new one for my Tim Holtz folders.

Inside I have them indexed in alphabetical order......each folder then is separated with a piece of CS I embossed with that folder...then I have a tab at the top of the CS with the name of of the folder

I hope this makes sense, here the link to a pic I found of someone elses in the same type tins I use:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com...in_SaK_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com...age_SaK_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

Edited by user Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:23:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked TSHREVE for this useful post.
CricutNana on 9/28/2010(UTC), kaleidoscope on 9/28/2010(UTC), ~LN on 9/28/2010(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:22:28 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

The lunch box looks great. That's basically how I file mine but in the CD Holder.

Dee
kaleidoscope Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:25:36 PM(UTC)
kaleidoscope

Hmmm... what to do, what to do!?Laugh
Carolee Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 8:13:44 PM(UTC)
Carolee

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have mine separated by categories and store them in the folders that Okieladybug designed. Categories include: baby (& kids), birthday, fancy, floral, funky, general, love, thank you.

See the storage folder idea and cut files
A2 folders
http://okieladybugsscrap...20storage#axzz10yk4A0XY

5x7 folders

1 user thanked Carolee for this useful post.
kaleidoscope on 9/30/2010(UTC)
!Toddler & Teenagers! Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 10:36:06 PM(UTC)
!Toddler & Teenagers!

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Carolee wrote:
I have mine separated by categories and store them in the folders that Okieladybug designed. Categories include: baby (& kids), birthday, fancy, floral, funky, general, love, thank you.

See the storage folder idea and cut files
A2 folders

5x7 folders

Ditto here. Mine are in the folders, which are then in a photo box (just one of those shoebox type ones from Michael's), and I put the box in a Jetmax drawer.

My categories are:
textures (generic, like dots, mesh, animal patterns, etc.),
fancy textures (which are like brocade, swirls, just more girly/fancy types),
typography,
birthday,
holidays (all others except birthday),
boy stuff,
images (specific pictures of things like flower pots, etc.), and
Cricut Companion folders (like Preserves, mini Monsters, Robotz--some of these might have fit under "boy" or "fancy textures", but I wanted to keep them together, as that's the way I see myself using them).

Not sure if it's for everyone, and sure there is a better way, but it works for me so far.
 1 user thanked !Toddler & Teenagers! for this useful post.
kaleidoscope on 9/30/2010(UTC)
kaleidoscope Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:35:46 AM(UTC)
kaleidoscope

Yesterday I used some scrap white paper (the stuff you get in page refills) to make samples but not sure if I'm going to put them with the folders or not since they'll take up more room and then I'll have a tight fit. Which means then I might need to make a new box for my small folders/dies.

The categories I had thought of so far for what I have are: Fall, Christmas, Disney, Flourishes (basically, the fancy style folders - brocade, victoria, damask), Nature (birds, leaves, flowers)

Then I'm not sure what to call the ones with dots, paisley, mosaic, swirl. Maybe I should call it 'generic'?
Then I have the music folder and the thank you folder.

!Toddler & Teenagers! Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:42:02 PM(UTC)
!Toddler & Teenagers!

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
kaleidoscope wrote:
Yesterday I used some scrap white paper (the stuff you get in page refills) to make samples but not sure if I'm going to put them with the folders or not since they'll take up more room and then I'll have a tight fit. Which means then I might need to make a new box for my small ....

I also have the samples of each texture on a square scrap of paper. I love this, as I can thumb through them to brainstorm before I start a project! Mine are 4x4", and I cut them from the leftover scraps of colored cardstock after I made the Okie folders. Or maybe it was my design for a folder (copied off of Okie's original idea) for 5x7" CB embossing folders. They work great for the Tim Holtz folders, too. You can only get one 5x7" folder out of a 12x12" sheet of cardstock, and I couldn't let the excess go to waste! I punched a hole in the corner & put them on a big ring.

Oh, and little tip: write the name of the CB folder on the scrap before you emboss it--much easier this way! LOL

I did not color code my folders (I didn't want to mess with all that!), but I DID put my 4x4" samples of "generic" textures all on one color. That seemed to make sense to me. Have fun organizing! It takes awhile, though....
Sarah L. Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 4:53:18 PM(UTC)
Sarah L.

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I have mine in a 3 inch 3 ring binder. I have mostly the A2 embossing folders and bought on ebay.com plastic sheets that hold 4 of them on each sheet. Just put in a search on ebay.com for cuttlebug embossing storage and all the different size plastic sheets for storing the cuttlebug embossing folders and dies will come up. Here is one link that shows the ones I bought http://cgi.ebay.com/Cutt...mp;hash=item43a1947468. They also hve plastic sheets that hold the 5 by 7 inch ones, but I haven't gotten any of them yet. I just put mine in a top loading 8 by 11 inch plastic sheet portector (Which I got a box or 200 of them at Sams for not that much money) and also put them in a 3 ring binder. The sheets are a little big but it leaves room for me to also put some pre-embossed sheets of each folder in with the embossing folder so I have them ready to go for a future project. I also emboss a sample of each of the A2 folders and put it in the slots with the embossing folder for the same reason, plus then you get to see how they each look better when your flipping throught the pages. Then put the 3 ring binders up right on the book self above my computer. I get the 3 ring binders that you can put labeled carstock on the ends and the front and back, which I printed with Word the labels "Embossing Folders" Also put my Fiskars Texture Plates in 3 ring binders and also labeled them the same way adding on the labels Fiskars Texture Plates. Works great for me. I think the box storages are too small for me as I have LOTS of embossing folders,like around a hundred or so. Good luck. Sarah