Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

17 Pages<12345>»
trvkladd Offline
#61 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 7:10:29 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Jess~ I love the Halloween Haystacks and the Witch's shoes. Do you have directions to make the shoes? Can you post a link. I would love to make some of these for my best friend's kids. They do Halloween big. Thanks

Janice~ Hope they win and hope you can stay warm. BigGrin

missstamper~ Prayers coming your way. Hope MIL recovers quickly.

Rhonda~ I'll be putting your sitch in my prayers as well. I can't imagine! I hope that resolves soon and to your satisfaction. Hang in there! I haven't talked to my DD in about a month and last weekend was her Bday! It was a terrible weekend for me. I can't imagine 3 years.

My youngest DD and she are very close and she's decided to avoid... me she's not coming to celebrate her sister's Sweet 16 Bday which is next week. I've been crying off and on all week. So, needless to say, I feel your pain to some degree. Hope it gets better soon my friend!

Traci~ Hope the kids are all doing better now. I've got a very busy day ahead so I probably won't talk to you till tomorrow. Open House then Band Competition in Troy! I'll try to call you when I'm on my way to the Open House.

Gayle~ Hi, hope you are enjoying your time in FL. I'm so jealous. My DH is going to be there for 10 days on business/pleasure and I don't get to come this time! Have fun!

Well, off to check some of my other threads. Have a great weekend ladies

~Rebecca

scrappinchic Offline
#62 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 8:26:36 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Sure things Rebecca http://www.skiptomylou.o...10/28/paper-witch-shoes/! I think they are the cutest. I am going to have fun with these! Praying for your family that GOD will resolve the issue with your DD. Thats heart breaking! Thinking of you!

Thinking of you too Rhonda! Praying for the whole situation with your grandkids. I hate it for you! I can't imagine what you go through missing them. Hugs girlie!

GrandmaJ yall stay warm!

Missstamper your MIL is in my thoughts and prayers!

1 user thanked scrappinchic for this useful post.
trvkladd on 10/6/2012(UTC)
trvkladd Offline
#63 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 10:51:24 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Jess~ Thank you so much, I really appreciate it

~Rebecca
BluegrassBug Offline
#64 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 12:02:55 PM(UTC)
BluegrassBug

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 358 time(s) in 285 post(s)
Hi, everyone! It's a breezy 80 degrees and there's an Art & Wine Festival going on that we are going to check out this afternoon.

Rebecca and Rhonda.....so sorry about your girls; my dd and I grequently get on each other's last nerve.

Was able to get my I up and running last night and my Gypsy is updated. Took all day yesterday. I tried to make some cuts but the paper kept popping off the mat. even with tape. I reglued it last night so, hope it works, if knot will have to buy some of the new ones if I can find them; they are supposed to work better.

grandmaJ Offline
#65 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 4:26:20 PM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Was thanked: 759 time(s) in 631 post(s)
Oh Gayle, that weather and festival sounds like a great time!! Hope you enjoyed it!! I don't think we got up to 50 today....brrrrrr!

scrappinchic Offline
#66 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 3:27:12 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning maggie sisters! Happy Sunday! Its storming like crazy here this morning! I plan to make this a crafty day. The weather is supposed to be rainy and cool, so it will be a great day for it! Hopefully I will get a good start on my brooms today! I need to go buy the candy and stuff to fill them. Hummm.... maybe a shopping trip later! Have a great day!

Edited by user Sunday, October 07, 2012 3:59:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Heart2hand Offline
#67 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 5:02:33 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Was thanked: 545 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Hello Maggie sisters....

I can't believe how cool it has dropped...we have even had frost a few days. BRrrrrrrrrrrrrr...so not right...I want a pleasant FALL ...not one that has been rushed...I want to enjoy this weather...it's my favorite time of the year!

Gayle...thank you. I appreciate the kind words and prayers. I know ONE day...things may change...but it's the waiting that kills me. I want it to be NOW...I miss my babies deeply!

Jess...sounds like perfect craft weather. ENjoy. THose brooms are adorable and the kids will love them. Thank you for the prayers. It is harder than anything I've ever had to deal with in my life. It's wonderful being a Mammaw...but to NOT get to play the part...is the worst feeling in the world. Knowing you have them and NOT a thing you can do about NOT having them....How are your nephews? Your brother? IS DH enjoying his job?

Rebecca....thank you. It is extremely hard. I know...and I feel like times I could die not having them here. I just do NOT UNDERSTAND!!!!! How can a Grandmother be punished as I have for spoiling there grandkids????? Truthfully...it wasn't even spoiling them...I was just helping the parents since neither one had a job to buy the things those babies needed....a winter coat..shoes...clothes??????? REALLY?!!!!!!! I thought I was just helping them help the boys....apparently not. In their(parents) eyes, it was spoiling them so they took them from me.

Traci....that isn't fair that DH gets to go and you don't?! LOL...so not right...I hope he has a safe and fun time. Wait...who is doing the coloring? LOL...Laugh LOL LOL

GrandmaJ....did JOey win his soccer game? I'm sure being close to the WINDY CITY...it is chilly there too. Get your mittens out!!!

HUgs to you all
rhonda
scrappinchic Offline
#68 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 5:21:02 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Rhonda the boys are good. They are happy to have their mom and dad back together! Chip and Brittany still struggles on a daily basis but they are doing well. Please remember them both in prayers. Thanks for asking!
trvkladd Offline
#69 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 5:24:07 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Good morning Maggie's~

It was a long, busy weekend. It's going to be a longer week this week. DH is out of town. DD found on Friday that she's on Homecoming Court (YAY!!!)Smile Smile again this year and has practice all week. DS made it on the Newspaper Staff Smile at the Middle School so he's after school several days a week. My other DS is in the middle of competition season for the HS band and is after school extra helping the rookies everyday. It looks like I'm going to be in and out of the car all afternoon every day...and more in the car than out! Not much crafting getting done in the car!!!HuhRollEyesHuh

Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday

~Rebecca
1CoolMom Offline
#70 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 2:45:40 PM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 279 post(s)
Originally Posted by: trvkladd Go to Quoted Post
Good morning Maggie's~

It was a long, busy weekend. It's going to be a longer week this week. DH is out of town. DD found on Friday that she's on Homecoming Court (YAY!!!)Smile Smile again this year and has practice all week. DS made it on the Newspaper Staff Smile at the Middle School so he's after school several days a week. My other DS is in the middle of competition season for the HS band and is after school extra helping the rookies everyday. It looks like I'm going to be in and out of the car all afternoon every day...and more in the car than out! Not much crafting getting done in the car!!!HuhRollEyesHuh

Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday

~Rebecca

No wonder we haven't talked, you have been very busy! BigGrin Awesome news about homecoming court and the newspaper staff.

I have been out all day taking my MIL to a drs. appt. She kind of needs eye surgery but the doctor is not sure she can handle it due to an old injury. I told her to wait it out for a little while and decide if the pros are worth the cons.

Hello, to everyone. I have not read the whole thread since I have been in and out but I hope all is well with my Maggie Sisters. Will catch up later.

scrappinchic Offline
#71 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 3:46:37 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Hello Maggie sisters! Hope you all had a great monday!
scrappinchic Offline
#72 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 1:41:12 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning Maggie sisters! Its chilly here this morning.....brrrr!

We got some great news yesterday! DH got another job offer with better benefits and plenty of workThumpUp . We are so thrilled! Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. Now I can get back in school and not worryBigGrin !

Hey Traci! I am heading out to do some shopping this morning! I hope to find a few things for you box! Have a great day!

To all of my other maggie sisters...I hope yall have a great day as well!
grandmaJ Offline
#73 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 4:06:27 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Was thanked: 759 time(s) in 631 post(s)
Good Morning Maggie Sisters!! Just dropping in to say Hello before I start my hectic day. Has to be better than yesterday was though. With no school, Joey was here and that was a long day of 3 wound up grandchildren and 2 daycare kids. ugh! Today will be a better day though!

Jess, great news on the job for dh!! you both have to be so relieved! And better benefits and more work....that is wonderful!! Congrats to him!

Rebecca sounds like you are meeting yourself coming and going this week! Bet you are very proud of your kids though and their accomplishments!

Waves to Evelyn! Hope you are having a good week!! I have ideas spinning in my head for your Christmas pkg!!

Have a Happy Tuesday everyone!
scrappinchic Offline
#74 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 1:19:25 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Thanks GrandmaJ! We are so excited! Things will be alot easier now! I am excited to get back in school to, with no worries! Gotta finish this go round. No more stopping to take care of kids. I have informed my family that they better be able to handle things with out me for the next 10 monthsSneaky !

Have a great afternoon!
Heart2hand Offline
#75 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 1:40:04 PM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Hello Maggie sisters....

Rebecca...>CONGRATS to your DD and DS for great accomplishments. I hope your DD is the Homecoming Queen. You will be a busy lady...sorry not much time to be creative...but you can always take notes for when you are in the car for later at home in the craft room.

Traci...hey girl.I hope your MIL is ok? Having issues with your eyes is scarey. I hope it all works out for her. DH had the lasik surgery last September and he was scared to death...so worried they mess it up. Almost talked himself out of doing it. But he is now happy he went thur with it and no more glasses/contact. MUCH happier hubby!

Jess...enjoy the shopping. Your welcome. I just had heard/read anything about how they were all doing. Happy to hear it's going well....definately sending prayers. Congrats on go back to school...YOU CAN DO IT...!!!!!

GrandmaJ...OMG...a house full yesterday. I'm sure the 3 cousins loved it...lol.

Evelyn...I hope you are doing well too? Staying busy?

Hope everyone has a great evening

HUGS
rhonda
 1 user thanked Heart2hand for this useful post.
trvkladd on 10/9/2012(UTC)
trvkladd Offline
#76 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 2:51:26 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Hi to all my Maggie Sisters~

Just stopped in to say hi before I do the next round of pick ups at the high school. I wish when they schedule these things they would take into consideration all the driving some of us have to do. But I am very proud of these guys! They all work so hard for the things they do!

Jess~ That's awesome news about DH and the new job. Congratulations! What a blessing.

Janice~ I can't imagine. My one DGS gives me a run for my money sometimes. I always say the more the merrier though. I love hanging out with all the kids. So much fun and they come up with the craziest stuff. Never a dull moment.

Rhonda~ Waving hi to my partner. Hope you're having an easier week this week. I've already started working on some of my Christmas projects but haven't started on this one yet. Still getting all my ideas in order!

Evelyn~ Hope all is well with you and that you're having a better week this week.

Gayle~ Hope you're having a great time in FL visiting!

Traci~ I'll try to catch you again tomorrow. I've been in and out and just crafting in between. Hope you're having a great week! I've missed you!

Hope all the rest of the Maggie Sisters are having great week

~Rebecca
missstamper Offline
#77 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 8:56:50 PM(UTC)
missstamper

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 457 time(s) in 337 post(s)
Thanks to all of you for the prayers. After a weekend of ups and downs, thankfully my MIL is recovering and with God's grace will be out of the ICU soon. I am in tears just thinking about what she has gone through. I am home this evening for the first time in days. I will update you again when I am able. Hugs to y'all.

(so tired I am just going to paste this to Rhonda's swap,I hope you will understand)
scrappinchic Offline
#78 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:37:42 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning yall!

Thanks Rebecca! We are so excited about his new job. It is truly a blessing!

Thanks Rhonda! I am excited to be finally returning to school. Now that things are settled down here. I hope your welder works like charm today!

Missstamper I am glad your MIL is recovering!

1 user thanked scrappinchic for this useful post.
Beach_Bum on 10/10/2012(UTC)
1CoolMom Offline
#79 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:57:16 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

misstamper, glad your MIL is recovering.

trvkladd Offline
#80 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 4:38:43 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

missstamper~ Happy to hear that your mil is doing better! Hope things are back on track before you know it! Will keep you in prayer till all is well

~Rebecca
scrappinchic Offline
#81 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:06:49 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning maggie sisters!

Its almost the weekend! Saturday is yardsale day! I have a few more things to go through before I have offically cleaned out on everything! I sure hope it sales. If not its goodwill bound.

I am heading out to do some shopping and then onto my sisters for a lunch date! Yes we are having mexican! Last time I can do lunch for awhile. School starts on tuesdayBigGrin !

GrandmaJ I hope your crop is coming together. I so wish I was closer and could join yall. I might check into the next one!

Traci hows the homeschooling going? I am sure its going better than it did with me. I tried it with my middle child and we had a terrible experience. DS wouldn't listen, it was a nightmare. Best of luck to you and DD! I think its a great thing and I wish it would have worked for us.

To all other maggie sisters! I hope yall have a very blessed day!
trvkladd Offline
#82 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:34:05 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Hi Maggie Sisters~ Just checking in to see what's going on. I've been to the PO this morning and learned something interesting that I just thought I'd share. Did you know...you can't get a DC# if you're not mailing priority unless your package is more than 3oz. or has a depth of 3/4" or more? I had no idea. Just thought I'd share as I thought that was very interesting and kinda dumb. Makes no sense to me!

Hope everyone has a great day

~Rebecca
joysee Offline
#83 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:59:15 PM(UTC)
joysee

United States

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 62 post(s)
HI all Maggie sisters..

Hope all is well with everyone..

Its been a crazy last few days.. in and out of hospital again..
Maybe for the last time now..I am hoping anyway..

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!BigGrin
SweetCreations Offline
#84 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:43:23 PM(UTC)
SweetCreations

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Howdy to all my Maggie sisters. Sounds like everyone has been extremely busy around here.
Gayle so glad to have you as my partner and thanks for answering the questions. I am so excited that you have something in mind for me. I trust you with whatever you make my friend so have at it. It does not need to be Christmas colors. Probably better if it isn't so I can leave it out all the time. I like the same colors as you. Actually I love most colors. I guess my least favorite would be orange and yellow. I like them, they are just not colors I have in my home except the bathroom (sunflowers)BigGrin

Jess,so happy for you and your husband and his new job. That is fantastic. Also good news about your brother and his family!! The Halloween goodies are so cute too. Good luck with school too!

Grandmaj hope everything goes smoothly with your crop. Have fun.

So sorry to hear about the grandmas that don't get to see their grandkids. Very sad. Hope everything works out for you both. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Rhonda so sorry for the loss of your friend. Sounds like a very long week for you.

Better get to bed. It just stopped pouring buckets here a few minutes ago. VERY LOUD RAIN haha

Hugs to all, Sweets
1CoolMom Offline
#85 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 5:08:22 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Jess, Homeschooling is going good so far. I homeschooled my older kids for three years when they were in elementary school; my son did the same thing your son did after a while. He refused to do work and would just say "I want you to be my mom not my teacher!" So, I put him in school but I have learned that he is just a lazy student. We have to push him so hard to get his work done even as a sophomore in high school. He is not lazy in other things just school and only in subjects he dislikes. It is not fun! Olivia on the other hand is an overachiever, I don't think I will have issues with getting her to do the work. Actually, both girls are overachiever's at school which makes Nolan seem harder; poor boy in the middle of these girls!

Rhonda, I am sorry you had to miss your DGS's birthday. I want to give you a bit of hope though, Rebecca and I had a falling out and did not talk for 3+ years it was the hardest thing that I have ever gone through other than my daughter's death. Then one phone call when we were both in the right place and it is like we never quit talking. But we had to both be in the right place for the reconciliation. I hope you and your daughter can have that sooner rather than later.

Janice, Have a great time at your crop this weekend. I am making plans for next year.

Rebecca, I think the PO just wants to make more money! Because for a letter you have to do the registered mail (I think that is what it is called) and it costs more but is essentially the same thing.
trvkladd Offline
#86 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 5:17:29 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Mornin' Maggies~ Still having a very busy week. I'm done with the Post Office for a little while as, all the swaps I'm in right now are not due till the end of November, thankfully!

Tonight is Football Game/Homecoming...DD has been like a crazy person all week with Homecoming. Last night we were out for hours looking for silver shoes. They had to be just the right silver.

DS's band competition tomorrow is over 2 hours away and DH is still out of town.

Thinking I need a vacation!

Hope everyone is having a great week. Looking forward to Sunday, I'll just be able to relax and craft

~Rebecca
Heart2hand Offline
#87 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 4:04:55 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Good morning Maggie sisters...

Rebecca....I think it's their way of getting more $ for less packaging....not right at all. I've started on your Christmas item....the BIG ONE...lol...I think it will be adorable when it's finished...just hope you like it...ekkkkks!

Traci...THANK YOU for your words of hope. My DS has always been so backwards...ughh...if it's not his way...he tortures you with something that pulls at your heartstrings. MY BABIES! So until he sees things can not/WILL NOT be his way all the time..life would be easier for us all. I've tried until I have nothing more to offer him to see my babies...it's all up to him now...he has to meet me half way...I can't keep going the whole distance and get nothing. I'm just afraid he will only want this when it is toooo late and things can be redone. Life is short..and some do not realize that. Live in the NOW not in the future because we never know what the future holds for any of us.

GrandmaJ...enjoy that crop girl....Hope all goes well. I will be there next year!

Sweets...thank you...it's hard..with each year passing..I feel as though it's even more memories lost with them. They will eventually forget me, I"m sure of it.Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Joysee...sorry to hear of you being in the hospital again. Prayer and (((HUGS))) are with you sweetie. God-speed recovery.

Jess...How was school this week? I hope it went well and in no time you will have the degree you have wanted and even better job than hoped for. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!

MissStamper...glad to hear your MIL is improving. Prayers are with you all.

Gayle...how are you doing? Enjoying the family visiting? How is the weather in FLorida at this time of year?

HUGS to all
rhonda
scrappinchic Offline
#88 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 4:33:12 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning! Happy saturday!

Joysee you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Traci thats awesome! My cousins all homeschool there children and do well. I wish my first experience would have worked out. Cameron is so lazy in all areas. He would rather take a beating than read. He is 7th grade nowScared . I must admit, he has started this year off better than before so I have my fingers crossed.

Rebecca you must be pleased you are caught up on your swaps. Thats awesome! Hope homecoming went well. Thats such an exciting event. Hope DS does well in his band competition. I was in marching band in high school. I was in the colorguard and loved it!

Rhonda my heart just hurts for you! I am praying that the LORD will open your DS's eyes and mend this gap between yall.

GrandmaJ have a wonderful time at your crop this weekend. Take lots of pictures and share them with us! Maybe we all can come next year! I would love to meet my MB friends!

Have a great day!
Heart2hand Offline
#89 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 4:52:29 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Thanks sooo much Jess. It is the worst feeling knowing you have grandbabies and not a THING you can do about it. I just pray no one ever has to go thru what I have as a Mammaw. IT's heart=shattering.....

HUGS
rhonda
trvkladd Offline
#90 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 6:57:54 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Hi to all my Maggie Sisters~ Thought you all might like to see a couple of pictures of Homecoming. DD and her escort (older DD's BF) He's in the Marines so it created quite a stir when they took the field. They both looked amazing if I say so myself.

Off to band competition. So excited!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far

~Rebecca

Edited by user Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:01:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

trvkladd attached the following image(s):
IMAG2942.jpg
IMAG2955.jpg