Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

divadeb516ed8c862 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 8:15:12 AM(UTC)
divadeb516ed8c862

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I was making a bunch of cards on Wed and Thurs-machine worked fine. Decided later on in the day to do a birthday card for a friend-well, it would not cut thru the paper-was using a thicker Bazzill paper and thought maybe that was the culprit so used a thinner paper and still it would not cut thru-almost like it was scoring instead. Even tho I had just changed the blade a few weeks ago I thought oh well-I'll change it as it must be dull-had a brand new pkg. So put that in and it still wouldn't cut correctly. So I used my last blade to see if that was the problem-and after that it worked fine-made my card and was a happy camper. BUT now this morning I wanted to get a couple small projects done and it went back to the scoring bit-even went and got the other blade I had taken out yesterday to try that-but it will not work with any paper!! I am so upset-my machine is not even a year old! Do you have any suggestions?? It's been a tough few weeks-and this was the last straw. I go on my Cricut as stress relief-but now it's giving me major stress!! any help would be appreciated!!!
CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 8:25:57 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
divadeb516ed8c862, I can recommend trying a reset on your Expression:
Turn the machine on with NO cartridge loaded
Roll all of the gray dials down to their lowest setting
Grasp the blade assembly and use it to pull the entire carriage car along its track to the far left of the machine
Back where the carriage car usually sits there is a red button. Press that button and hold it down for about three seconds
Move the gray carriage car back into place
Roll all of the gray dials all the way up and all the way down three times—three times for each dial
Press the Cut button, then turn the machine off
Set the Speed, Pressure and Size for the type of paper
Load a cartridge, turn the machine on, select a simple image and attempt a practice cut

If this does not help please call our Customer Service Department at 877-7cricut. We are open Monday through Friday 7-6 MST.
 1 user thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
Sondra on 1/26/2013(UTC)
divadeb516ed8c862 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 2:41:50 PM(UTC)
divadeb516ed8c862

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I found this on the Cricut website-about resetting and tried it-unfortunately it didn't work! Crying I was so bummed! I did order some new blades am thinking the ones I had put it are the culprit (at least I am hoping so!) So keep your fingers crossed!!