Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

craft-mommy Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, October 01, 2012 10:52:23 AM(UTC)
craft-mommy

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 95 post(s)
I have called the Cricut Craft Room Support Help 2 times already today & they are NO help at all why I can't get passed the *Accessing your Acct* screen, I did everything they told me to do and they keep saying sorry there is no other stuff can be done...I guess that is what happens when something is FREE....
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, October 01, 2012 6:16:21 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8150 time(s) in 4774 post(s)
I'm really sorry you didn't get the help you needed; you would think they would know how to help people! So sorry; hope a fix comes along for you when it's least expected....like yesterday instead of tomorrow! - Char
colleengarner28bda331 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, October 01, 2012 7:55:14 PM(UTC)
colleengarner28bda331

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Same thing here, today I called them several times and was told I have to work around it. How the heck do you work around something when it dont work at all, I have one very big expensive "printer" and still have to cut with scissors...The Imagine is a big joke...ONE BIG LEMON and I am getting ready to really push the lemon law on them because i have been fighting with this since December...2 Imagine machines later and still ONE BIG LEMON and told we are aware of the problem and are working to get it fixed well almost a year later and still no change...ONE BIG LEMON....
craft-mommy Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 02, 2012 12:10:33 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

The 3rd time I called them they told me since I have Wild-Blue for my internet that the Craft Room will NOT work for me Mad so now I'm looking in to getting the Gypsy
STW Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 02, 2012 1:30:46 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 81 post(s)
CraftMommy, did u try uninstalling the newest update and going back to previous version? It worked for me. CCR STILL has some MAJOR problems, but at least I can get into it now.

HTH
craft-mommy Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 02, 2012 4:39:30 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

Originally Posted by: STW Go to Quoted Post
CraftMommy, did u try uninstalling the newest update and going back to previous version? It worked for me. CCR STILL has some MAJOR problems, but at least I can get into it now.

HTH

Yes I have & PC called me back today & told me since I have Wild-Blue for my internet that the Craft Room will never work for me Crying they told me that the best thing for me to do is get a Gypsy if I want to do more thing's Confused so I'm looking in to getting a Gypsy
sewnmachine Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 02, 2012 5:22:00 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
Originally Posted by: craft-mommy Go to Quoted Post
Yes I have & PC called me back today & told me since I have Wild-Blue for my internet that the Craft Room will never work for me Crying they told me that the best thing for me to do is get a Gypsy if I want to do more thing's Confused so I'm looking in to getting a Gypsy

Oh for crying out loud! This company just gets crazier and crazier! What is happening out there in Utah?
craft-mommy Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 02, 2012 5:57:06 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

Originally Posted by: sewnmachine Go to Quoted Post
Oh for crying out loud! This company just gets crazier and crazier! What is happening out there in Utah?

Yeah and they even took over my computer and said well, you have wild-blue so you will never been able to use the craft room that you will need to get a Gypsy oh well I guess that is what you get when it's FREE
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 02, 2012 6:14:10 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

WildBlue looks like it is a cheaper alternative to internet that a lot of us pay a lot more for our broadband services. I mean, when you can get a lifetime fee of $219 (or something like that), then you probably aren't going to get what most of us who choose to pay more (or who have other types of broadband in our areas who HAVE to pay more for internet), then, I can see why you might not get all the services the rest of us might get with our internet services.

We pay $29.99/mo. for broadband in our area. Yes, it is a monthly fee. Yes, it costs more if you use wireless. Yes, the fees are a little highter per month if you want other services. BUT, obviously, you get more for your money.

So, I guess you do get what you pay for..........and then, on top of that, some things that are FREE don't work on your cheaper version for your internet services and what they will do for you.

If it is possible and you WANT to use CCR, maybe you can look into paying a little more to CHANGE your internet provider, pay a little more per month to get that CHANGE........BUT, if it's not worth it to you, then I can see why you're unable to get what you want.

Sorry, but it has nothing to do with CCR being FREE. It has more to do with what your internet provider's services offer to you. Unfortunately, you might live in an area where that is all you can get. If that's the case; then, I'm sorry you can't make a change to something that will work for you.

Char

Edited by user Tuesday, October 02, 2012 6:15:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

craft-mommy Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 02, 2012 6:25:31 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
WildBlue looks like it is a cheaper alternative to internet that a lot of us pay a lot more for our broadband services. I mean, when you can get a lifetime fee of $219 (or something like that), then you probably aren't going to get what most of us who choose to pay more (or who have other types of broadband in our areas who HAVE to pay more for internet), then, I can see why you might not get all the services the rest of us might get with our internet services.

We pay $29.99/mo. for broadband in our area. Yes, it is a monthly fee. Yes, it costs more if you use wireless. Yes, the fees are a little highter per month if you want other services. BUT, obviously, you get more for your money.

So, I guess you do get what you pay for..........and then, on top of that, some things that are FREE don't work on your cheaper version for your internet services and what they will do for you.

If it is possible and you WANT to use CCR, maybe you can look into paying a little more to CHANGE your internet provider, pay a little more per month to get that CHANGE........BUT, if it's not worth it to you, then I can see why you're unable to get what you want.

Sorry, but it has nothing to do with CCR being FREE. It has more to do with what your internet provider's services offer to you. Unfortunately, you might live in an area where that is all you can get. If that's the case; then, I'm sorry you can't make a change to something that will work for you.

Char

I'm sorry if I have upset anyone about me saying it being FREE Unsure I live out in the country so there is not anything else that we can get where I live is beside dail-up that is very slow so we have Wild-Blue for our internet and if we was able to get anything besides that then we would be happy to get it but in this case we can't. And we have the high one that we can get through Wild-Blue.

So, sorry if I upseted anyone I was not meaning to in anyway at all with me saying that is what you get when it's FREE...
jpiersonPQH Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 2:41:13 PM(UTC)
jpiersonPQH

United States

The same exact thing happened to me. I can't get into CCR because I have Wild Blue, which is the only internet I can get out here in the country. And...I pay A LOT for Wild Blue...$80.00 per month and still have slow Internet and can't get access to CCR. I know it's WB's fault, but you would think Cricut would be able to update or change their platforms so they'd work with satellite Internet. I just spent $200-some dollars on the Expression 2 and this is so frustrating!
Lady Squirrelly Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 2:50:56 PM(UTC)
Lady Squirrelly

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I know ZIP about the internet or how it works. Too old to start. LOL

Just a thought, have you talked to Wild Blue to see if they have any ideas????

Like I said, just thinking. (And it usually gets me into trouble)LOL

CricketCMV Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 8:22:35 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: craft-mommy Go to Quoted Post
I'm sorry if I have upset anyone about me saying it being FREE Unsure I live out in the country so there is not anything else that we can get where I live is beside dail-up that is very slow so we have Wild-Blue for our internet and if we was able to get anything besides that then we would be happy to get it but in this case we can't. And we have the high one that we can get through Wild-Blue.

So, sorry if I upseted anyone I was not meaning to in anyway at all with me saying that is what you get when it's FREE...

You didn't really upset me; I was only trying to point out there were other reasons you were unable to use this FREE application that many of us are able to use (and, we're not happy you can't use it.......we wish you could, too). I know what it's like to live in an area where you don't have a lot of access to "newer" ways of doing things or the best technology.....I lived in a very small town growing up, and believe me, there was nothing there. I'm glad you are able to have internet access that you have; unfortunately, it does not allow you to access CCR. I'm sorry for that.

You don't need to be sorry; I was only trying to let you see another side of it.....and, I wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings who can't use CCR nor was I trying to upset you, either.

Char
craft-mommy Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 4:57:58 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

Originally Posted by: jpiersonPQH Go to Quoted Post
The same exact thing happened to me. I can't get into CCR because I have Wild Blue, which is the only Internet I can get out here in the country. And...I pay A LOT for Wild Blue...$80.00 per month and still have slow Internet and can't get access to CCR. I know it's WB's fault, but you would think Cricut would be able to update or change their platforms so they'd work with satellite Internet. I just spent $200-some dollars on the Expression 2 and this is so frustrating!

Same here Sad I just wish that we was able to get it to work you would think with it being satellite Internet that we would be able to do anything but NOPE not able to do that ThumbDown but I am planning to get the Gypsy since it don't need Internet only to update it...
craft-mommy Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 5:00:30 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

You didn't really upset me; I was only trying to point out there were other reasons you were unable to use this FREE application that many of us are able to use (and, we're not happy you can't use it.......we wish you could, too). I know what it's like to live in an area where you don't have a lot of access to "newer" ways of doing things or the best technology.....I lived in a very small town growing up, and believe me, there was nothing there. I'm glad you are able to have internet access that you have; unfortunately, it does not allow you to access CCR. I'm sorry for that.

You don't need to be sorry; I was only trying to let you see another side of it.....and, I wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings who can't use CCR nor was I trying to upset you, either.

Char

I'm glad that there is no hurt feelings Blushing
 1 user thanked craft-mommy for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 10/5/2012(UTC)
crossties195e1928d Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 10:01:43 AM(UTC)
crossties195e1928d

Char

But there are others having issues with CCR, and we do not have much luck with support, either.

We have cable modem, with one of the fastest connection available to us. And CCR is eating up my memory like it's candy.

I think that the struggle here is the lack of access to support. Now that Cricut doesn't have the corner market in image cutters, they need to consider offering closer connection with users.

tonya
CricketCMV Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 3:12:57 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: crossties195e1928d Go to Quoted Post
But there are others having issues with CCR, and we do not have much luck with support, either.

We have cable modem, with one of the fastest connection available to us. And CCR is eating up my memory like it's candy.

I think that the struggle here is the lack of access to support. Now that Cricut doesn't have the corner market in image cutters, they need to consider offering closer connection with users.

tonya

Tonya - How much RAM do you have on your computer? What kind of computer are you using (PC or MAC)? Also, are you getting messages like CPU Useage is 100%, or anything like that? What do you mean by "eating up my memory"?

Char
#18 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 4:33:25 PM(UTC)
crossties195e1928d

I have 4 gig of RAM on a PC. I keep it clean- use System Mechanic to keep track of clutter, etc.

When I have a program that is running sluggishly, I open up Task Manager to see what is going on. Usually I will be able to see something is taking an inordinate amount of my CPU. I keep browsers and other programs pretty much closed when I am using publishing programs like MS Publisher or CCR. Just opening CCR nabs over 105K, which is higher than any publishing program I have used. That's what I mean by it "eating up the memory".

A few days ago I was using CCR and it wasn't responding. I opened up Task Manager and the "Memory (Private Working Set)" showed 1,105,000 or roughly thereabout. I didn't believe it, because I've never seen anything that had a single digit and then a comma, lol. But my husband said it was possible. We closed it down, and I had things to go do, so I didn't get back to it.

This afternoon, CCR stayed right at 130,000 K, but didn't want to budge anything on the template. I would select a letter on my template, and process, and process... and then it might finally resize. Or I would click on an image to move it, and no selection box would appear. Task Mgr showed it was running, and I never got the "(Not Responing)" message. But I finally had to just shut it all down again.

Now tonight, I've seen it sit right at 105,000K, and it hasn't frozen on me. I can go back and look for other places where I have read of other folks having CCR freeze on them. Just haven't found answers for what is going on. I'd love to know if you can give any insight.

tonya
#19 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 4:36:40 PM(UTC)
crossties195e1928d

duh, I forgot to mention,
Last update was Oct 1, 2012.

tonya
CricketCMV Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 4:29:03 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Tonya - I used to have a lot of CPU Useage problems on my old computer....a WINDOWS XP. I updated to 2GB RAM (that's all I have on it) and I never have much problem using CCR. It's a very old Gateway and I use my Expression on it. I do believe in the criteria for CCR we were told up front we need at least 1.5GB RAM when we're using CCR; but, of course, other things come into play, also.

I also use my MINI on my newer computer....a WINDOWS 7; 64-BIT. I rarely have problems on it, either.

I'm wondering if you have other programs running in the background? Make sure your UPDATES are set to run when you are in bed. I have learned to make sure NORTON only runs at 2:00pm in the morning. Otherwise, Norton was on here running in the background (on my older computer) and I was having all kinds of problems. It's hard to tell if other things were running, also. I did go out to the TOOLS/Manage Add-ons (in your browser when you're on the internet) and DISABLED a lot of programs that like to run in the background, too. I think I improved my CPU Useage on my old computer in that way; not sure. BUT, again, I hardly have any problems when I'm working in CCR on either of my computers.

I also have a laptop; so, that is one computer I have a lot of trouble with CPU Useage. It only has 512MB RAM (I think; something like that...maybe 506MB, because something takes up that other 6MB). I have a lot of trouble with things running slow on it (I don't use my machines on that laptop, obviously). Especially, at startup. AND, many times, we have a lot of programs that are running in the background when we startup our computers (from a reboot). If you try to do anything while these are coming up, you're almost dead in the water with the 100% CPU Useage and you have to get out of things (it takes forever to get out of them) and REBOOT to get back to low CPU Useage.

Just a thought. ALSO, I'm sure you know this, you don't want to have other programs open at the same time you're using CCR, either.

Does any of this help?

Again, what kind of computer are you using and what internet browser do you use?

Char

Edited by user Saturday, October 06, 2012 4:33:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#21 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 7:37:39 PM(UTC)
crossties195e1928d

I am using a PC. (in other words, it isn't a Mac. There is no 'builder brand' to speak of, such as Gateway.) I have 4 gig of RAM, which is twice the size you were mentioning. The recommended processor size is below what I have (which is just as key as the RAM size.) My CPU usage is nowhere near 100%, even with CCR running. What I was noting was that CCR uses 2-3 times more CPU than major programs like Adobe Pro, Publisher, video editing programs, etc. And that is before I actually begin doing anything with the program.

I have minimal programs that are allowed to boot at startup. We do not allow most programs to autoupdate. That is especially true for any non-essential software such as CCR. We do not use Norton.

I don't have problems with other editing software locking under regular use. My issues with CCR have happened when there are no major programs open. (There will always be things running "in the background".)

This issue with CCR began after the update I installed on Oct 1st. The lag time that I am experiencing happens during designing. It is similar to a "buffering" freeze that one might experience when linking to an unresponsive website by clicking a video "play" button or selecting an image to view. Except that I am not opening a new file, I am simply trying to select an image that is already on the template or want to alter it in some way. This is not caused through any Cricut machine connection- I do not connect my machine while I am designing, only when I am ready to cut.

To segway back to the original intent of the post, I was rather surprised by how I could not find help readily available for anything other than the basics of the usage of the Cricut Craft Room; keyword search yielded no results for multiple searches, highly limited troubleshooting options, no "I need additional help" contact links. I assume that the Cricut community is intended to be there to answer to any questions outside the basics covered at the Cricut Craft Room site.

Does that help clarify things? Are there ways of returning to the June 5 version that isn't mentioned on the Cricut site?

tonya
 1 user thanked crossties195e1928d for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 10/7/2012(UTC)
CricutGena Offline
#22 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 7:47:38 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
crossties195e1928d, Please check that your computer meets the minimum requirments below:
Windows
•Intel® Pentium® III 1GHz or faster processor; Intel Pentium 4 2GHz or faster
•Microsoft® Windows® XP Home, or Professional with service pack 3 (including 64-bit editions); Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64-bit editions) with Service Pack 2; or Windows 7 (including 64-bit editions)
•512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
•Available USB Port

Mac OS
•Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
•Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6, v10.7
•512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
•Available USB Port

Display
•Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution

Software
•Internet Explorer 9.0, Firefox, Safari
•Flash 10.3 and up
•Adobe AIR 2.7 and up

Internet
•Broadband connection (Satellite broadband and dial up are not supported)
•1.5 Mbps Downstream, 896 Kbps Upstream
•Free Cricut.com account

Additionally, we do have a great Customer Service department that will be happy to assist you with any issues you are having. We are available Monday through Friday 7-6 MST.
-PCGena
 1 user thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 10/7/2012(UTC)
#23 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 8:01:18 PM(UTC)
crossties195e1928d

I more than meet these requirements.

Unfortunately, because I use my Cricut in my spare time, I would not be available during a regular work day. I can only do my troubleshooting for leisurely activities the same time that I do my crafting- in the evenings after dinner is cleaned up and kids are put to bed, maybe a couple hours on the weekend if I am lucky.

If could get a link to the previous Craft Room version (previous to August 16) I would be able to test to see if there is any difference, and do much of the troubleshooting myself. Is that available?

tonya
CricketCMV Offline
#24 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 6:13:25 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: crossties195e1928d Go to Quoted Post
I more than meet these requirements.

Unfortunately, because I use my Cricut in my spare time, I would not be available during a regular work day. I can only do my troubleshooting for leisurely activities the same time that I do my crafting- in the evenings after dinner is cleaned up and kids are put to bed, maybe a couple hours on the weekend if I am lucky.

If could get a link to the previous Craft Room version (previous to August 16) I would be able to test to see if there is any difference, and do much of the troubleshooting myself. Is that available?

tonya

You should be able to go back to a previous version by left clicking on the CCR Icon on your desktop.

Char