Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages<1234>»
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9 Offline
#31 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 3:48:00 AM(UTC)
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 89 post(s)
Hi Elizabeth What carts are you selling are they for the normal cricut i might be intrested if you have any i have not got , i have been looking for the hello kitty ones in particular but might be intrested in some others . Ann sorry to here you had a fall off a chair but we all do the some when trying to tidy up and not get out the step ladders . what type of stamps have you got i might have some of them off you for my brownie group they allwasy come in as a back up as my oher leader comes from wales and sometimes cont make it with what we have planned so we get out the craft box and the girls have a good time crafting thats about the only time i manage to get a parent to help . shadow , my sil has a lad and it is now 5 but still has tway to much energy it launches its self up off all fours like a kangeroo it has done this from a pup .
craftycrafter Offline
#32 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 3:53:08 PM(UTC)
craftycrafter

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Seems like I have missed such a lot of things happening and people selling their Imagines,
I have not had a computer for a few months, how is everyone?
Ang Offline
#33 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 4:09:33 PM(UTC)
Ang

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Hi all

Hope no-one has been to badly affected by the rain. The uk has been having.

Not sure how many still imagins these days, but think I am right in saying most have a cricut machine of some sorts!!

Its warm and sunny here in gran canaria but it is very peaceful

They have stuff in shops for christmas must be so strange having sun at christmas

Anyway hope all ok

Ang
Ann Offline
#34 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 2:58:27 AM(UTC)
Ann

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 170 post(s)
Happy Sunday to you allSmile It is very cold here today,although dry so cant complain really.
The funeral went off as expected,i really felt for my MIL,she was far more upset than i thought she would be which upset the rest of us but they are always sad occasions,glad it's over anyway.
We came back on friday which was my 52nd birthday so did'nt have a very good day,had to go to work in the evening too so it just got wrote off this year,i did get some lovely slippers and fluffy socks from my daughter,chocs and a bag i had been looking at from Graham which i was surprised at as he already bought me a set of Spellbinders dies a while back so i was'nt totally forgotten,also had loads of Facebook wishes which was lovely.
Graham's birthday is on 26th,not decided what to get him yet.
I am going to my sons this afternoon with Mel and Tom,it will be nice to spend some time with my little grandaughter,hav'nt been over much recently,too much going on.Not sure if i already said previously but i am going to be a granny again! Dan and Phillipa are expecting their second child in June,we are all hoping for a boy but as long as it's healthy that's all that matters.
When i was in Whitby i was going to visit the little craft shop they have there but was very disapointed to find it had closed down!Sad,was open in August when we went up,guess it was'nt making a profit,i looked forward to going in there.
I got my daughter to pick me up the Crafters Inspiration magazine from WH Smith yesterday,it's really good and definitely worth the money,lots of bits and pieces come with it including a really nice Ivy embossing folder from Sheena Douglas,can see it being used a lot when i finally get around to making my christmas cardsLOL I got the Molly Blooms and HOTP Vintage packs a couple of weeks ago,both are lovely,all were available at my local Smiths surprisingly as i had problems getting them online,everywhere seemed to be sold out.
My gas fire in the sitting room has decided to die on me,just now when it's getting colder!,will get my man out tomorrow to look at it,tried changing the battery but it's not that,think it's the thermocouple,small job so should'nt cost a lot to repair,hopefullyThumpUp
Anyway all,must go and make coffeeThumpUp Take Care and stay warm x
anniehall Offline
#35 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 5:02:52 AM(UTC)
anniehall

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi all
I haven't been here for a long long time, but now I need some advice.

I'm planning to sell my Imagine on Ebay. Not sure whether I'll get any takers, but I'll give it a go. Has anyone else done this, and what do you do about cartridges that are linked? I seem to remember they're somehow attached to your Cricut account. Or do you just sell complete with all the carts?

I've got a Gypsy too that I won't need. Can I simply unlink the carts from that too?

I've gone over to the Silhouette Cameo which is brilliant, and does everything I need it to.

Any thoughts from anyone would be really helpful.
Annie
Ann Offline
#36 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 5:59:17 PM(UTC)
Ann

Hi Annie,i recently sold my imagine with 15 imagine cartridges,they were all installed on my gypsy but they can be removed,not like the original ones which once linked cannot be unlinked.
I sold mine privately to a local lady but i know someone that did sell hers on ebay so it's worth a try.
I still have my trusty Expression and gypsy but have also recently purchased a silhouette cameo and so far i am loving it,not had enough time to play,just got some sketch pens too which i am looking forward to using,cant believe it's so easy to use aswell, as i had a robo in the past but sold it as the software was a pain to use and i did'nt enjoy using it at all.
Good Luck with the sale,hope you can sell it quicklySmile
Shadow Offline
#37 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 6:15:41 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 206 post(s)
Hi all - not been on for a few days - had an"unclear| test result from Bowel cancer screening, so now have to do it all again. Consequently, I'm not feeling over the moon - always the eternal pessimist that's me Sad. Just feel like I can't get on for going these days!

Annie - I've just returned my Imagine to C&C as faulty, and sold all my carts apart from 2 and 2 that I'm keeping as I have the E2. You could also advertise the Imagine on Preloved - me and Ann have some quite good luck selling stuff on there. Also - you could put an advert in the Imagine section of this forum - asking for UK buyers only obviously. I've sold quite a few of my carts through there. As Ann says, you can unlink the I carts from your Gypsy. Don't know what you mean about unlinking the carts from Imagine though ????

Amber's going for her last needle tomorrow, thank heaven. Will be sooooo glad when we can take her out to run some of her energy off. We also had a lab years ago that was just full of it LOL LOL To the day she died at 14 years old, she would empty the paper bin religiously every day. Amber's not too bad - just wish she would keep her teeth to herself and not into my arm - she's made a right old mess of my left arm yesterday - sunk her top eye tooth into my wrist, and obviously I pulled away (stupidly) and she's literally cut a "V" flap of flesh out of my arm - plaster went on straight away, but it doesn't look good today. I tell yer ladies, if my GP saw the state of my arms, she'd have a dicky fit!

Anyway, bye for now

Take care - Pauline x

Edited by user Monday, October 15, 2012 6:17:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ann Offline
#38 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 7:41:18 AM(UTC)
Ann

Afternoon all,hope you are all managing to stay warm,it's been brass monkey weather here today.
My heating has been fixed luckily so at least we will be warm this eveningThumpUp
When i got to school today i was greeted with them singing " Happy Birthday " to me,then presenting me with a lovely cake,card and a £20 Amazon gift voucher!,it was really nice of them all,i'm not sure what i will get with my voucher but i'm sure it wont be difficult to spend itLOL
I am debating about getting the new Teresa Collins christmas cricut cart as 2 of my sons gave me cash for my birthday,they have it at Crafts u Love but i also want some bits for the silhouette so i'm not sure at the moment.
I have sold a few crafty bits over the last couple of days but have had to put the money into getting the heating fixedThumbDown
My daughter Mel has won a free pass to Harry Potter world as she was employee of the week!,she is thrilled as she is a big fan(me too!),4 of them are going from her work on 22nd October,so she has saved all her birthday money for spending and food cash on the day,i'm sure it will be a great experience.
My ironing is calling me againThumbDown really not in the mood but unfortunately i have no choice so must go and make a start!
Take Care all,it's just started raining againThumbDown
anniehall Offline
#39 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 11:05:50 AM(UTC)
anniehall

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Ann and Shadow
Thanks for your suggestions. I'll give them ago.
BTW Shadow, when I said about linking carts to the Imagine, I was getting confused. I linked all my carts in Craft Room.
Annie
Craftyminds:) Offline
#40 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 1:32:37 PM(UTC)
Craftyminds:)

United States

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Sending a "HI" from Idaho, I was born & raised by Heathrow airport area, been living in the USA for 13 years now.

My 5 y/o wants to move to England b/c she says they have "better candy"!! My nan came to visit back in August & brought all the kids a mixture of sweets this time, normally she just brings chocolate buttons BigGrin

It's been 10 1/2 years since I was "home" & I'm starting to get a little homesick!! Planning a trip back in the next couple of years ThumpUp

Mandy
Ang Offline
#41 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:04:31 AM(UTC)
Ang

Hi all,
Now that some have sold - selling their imagine and several buying cameo . Question for you

Are most keeping a cricut machine of one sort or another or totally getting rid of them?

Also what's the best a3 printer?

Hubby has offered to buy me the cameo for birthday-christmas so looking around at mo

Have been having a great hols in gran canaria ,and not looking forward to coming back to the cold on Saturday.

Take care

Ang
Shadow Offline
#42 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:35:12 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Hi Ang - you'll not like our weather at the mo - we've got gales and rain.

Cricut - I have the Expression and E2, both of which I'm keeping as I have too many carts that I don't want to get rid. I do like the images on the carts. I also have the Cameo and love it - you will too Cool The number of peeps buying the Cameo is amazing - PC should watch their step.

Just taken Amber for her last needle - she can go walkies from next Tuesday - YAY !!!

TTFN

Pauline x
ElizabethSmith Offline
#43 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 11:43:49 AM(UTC)
ElizabethSmith

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 71 post(s)
My goodness we are on the first page!!!

How is everyone?
Can't remember who asked about the imagine but I still have mine it is the only cricut machine I have left and am keeping it mainly coz I cant see it selling and the hassle to ship would just stress me out but also if I did get a cameo there is no way I have room for a 12 x 12 printer so the imagine will come into it's own on that front. I have the gypsy with cartridges linked and am not sure what to do about that I would sell as a job lot if I could but think I mentioned before the imagine app doesn't work but it does work on the imagine with normal cartridges. Anyway have made more than enough money to buy a cameo now but am still thinking shall have a good luck at the NEC am actually really loving my clutter free desk not sure I want to give that up!!! obviously dont need a cameo desperately!!! ha,ha. might save my money and get it at Christmas as a present to myself, bit cheeky but never done it before!!!

Ang enjoy the rest of your hols, if hubby is willing to get you one and you fancy it just go for it!!!
ElizabethSmith Offline
#44 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:38:25 PM(UTC)
ElizabethSmith

Whoops spot the deliberate typo "luck" instead of "look" done on purpose just to try and make you all smile!! I am actually blonde in real life promise!!!
Ann Offline
#45 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:46:31 PM(UTC)
Ann

Just to let you all know that mum has taken a turn for the worst,Graham and I are going down to Newquay tomorrow,not sure how long we are staying.Her doctor has told me to prepare myself for a shock,she has lost 2 stone and is not eating or drinking anything,refuses to go into the hospice,now has a morphine pump and we have been told she only has days left.I had to come home from school early as my brother phoned but i went into Morrisons this evening,got my job done but was thinking of mum all evening.
Hope you are all well.Wont be taking my laptop as i cant get any internet down there unless i buy a wireless dongle.
Ann x
#46 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:34:32 AM(UTC)

Anne i hope you have a safe journey down to your mums .
Gadget girl Offline
#47 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:07:58 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
Hi Ann
Safe journey, & you are in my thoughts. Susan
Gadget girl Offline
#48 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:16:36 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hi Everyone

I still have my Imagine, I have a few frights every now and then with the updates and such but its still working fine, touch wood!! No thoughts of getting rid of it and have also got a Create which is handy when I only want smaller stuff cut out. At the moment am happy with what I have got and have got the Gypsy so if I want to design stuff I can do it on their. Have had a go at the Craft Studio and that has improved a lot. Even managed to cut out with it.

Am just procrastinating as I am supposed to be on my potters wheel but cant get in the mood. I usually do it Thursdays so it dont feel right really, I guess but needed to change as want my pots to dry out more so I can work on them before I take them to class on Friday. I am also going out with my Mum to Dunelm Mill tomorrow as there is a new one open here and we want a nosey round. Good excuse for a day out too!!

Hi Beth
Its the best way of getting a present you want if you get it your self!! I hate surprises! Glad I am not the only one with an Imagine. I wish they would invest more in this technology, maybe do a smaller one! I have just signed up for another set of Heidi Swapp classes in November which comes with loads of stuff. Cant wait!

Anyway got to get down to work.

Susan

Edited by user Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:20:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: edited stuff

*Karel* Offline
#49 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:19:54 AM(UTC)
*Karel*

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Hi All

I know ...long time no hear.

Have been dipping in and out of forum but hate having to log in each time.

I still have my imagine, create and gypsy. Also have a Cameo.
I am having problems with cricut sync at present as keeps telling me there is a Bridge Error. Seems to have happened when Adobe Air updated itself. Also I can't sign in to CCR, not that it ever worked with my Imagine, but was good to design on and then cut with cartridges. My Gypsy will not work with the Create at present, seems to be a common problem, but no problems with the Imagine and Gypsy.

Love the Cameo for all the other things that the cricut machines don't do. They all compliment each other. I have ordered the E-Embosser from Oyster Crafts as was very impressed with it. Have a Big Shot that I have had for a long time and does not work as well as it could.

Take Care All
Karel x
Gadget girl Offline
#50 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:41:41 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hi Karel
Nice to see you are still with us and yes it is a pain having to log in everytime, I agree. Glad you still have the Imagine. I recently had problems with my Gypsy not talking to my machines but I just had to take a deep breath and updated it and kept on at it till now they work. It took a few goes and the adobe air is a pain too. Seems to need updating every few seconds. If it comes up for that to update I do that first before updating the rest and it seems to work better.

My friends just waiting on the eBosser as her Vagabond broke. It looks a good machine.

After some complaining to Sizzx about there lack of Customer Service as they just said sorry your Vagabond broke cant help you as its out of warranty. Even though there were lots of people reporting problems like my friends. I managed to get someone to listen and she now has a new Big shot and other goodies upto the price of the Vagabond. No idea why they didnt replace with a Vagabond but she said they never offered that. Since she had ordered this other machine she probably didnt push it! Least its better than just being told to shuff off.

Anyway I did managed to make a few pots and hopefully I am getting the hang of this pottering on the wheel lark. ThumpUp

Have a good evening
Susan
ElizabethSmith Offline
#51 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:33:26 AM(UTC)
ElizabethSmith

good morning how are we all today?

Ann hope you got there safely am thinking of you.

Tawnyowl sorry didn't answer you about cartridges(how rude of me!!!) I am not selling any at the moment but might be in the near future I will definately let you know is it any cartridges or just imagine one your interested in?

Susan well done with the potters wheel, and good for you signing up to do another Heidi Swapp Class. I am keeping my imagine until it dies on me I reckon do really like it and havent had any trouble with it, it might just be me and you soon!!!

Hi Karel lovely to see your still with us and still are a die hard cricut fan even if your branching out!! I wouldn't have room for all those machines am a tad jealous !!!

Anyway am going now have looked willing and flicked a flash wipe around for 10 minutes so am now going to play with some fabric!!
#52 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 4:56:35 AM(UTC)

Hi Elizabeth I only have the old cricut machine and the old expression so just let me know what you have I use them mostly to cut stuff out to make with my brownie pack hence the name that I have on the site . i have just got the hello kitty greeting that i have been after for ages but they were going for silly silly prices on ebay . it was still £40 though but a lot better than one that went for £80ish a couple of weeks ago that i was bidding on .
*Karel* Offline
#53 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 6:41:47 AM(UTC)
*Karel*

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Well Ladies

CCR has just had a an update and I can now Print and Cut with my Imagine. Something that I was never able to do before. Have tried it 6 times and all worked.

I did have problems getting into CCr to start with as kept telling me thare was a bridge error. After scanning boards discovered it was to do with Norton. Took Norton back to version 5 instead of the new version 6 and all works.
Norton 6 also caused a problem with Cricut sync but all working and Gypsy updated.

One happy crafter

Karel x
Ann Offline
#54 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 9:55:34 AM(UTC)
Ann

Hi all.Just thought i would let you know that mum passed away on wednesday morning,about an hour before i got there. Graham and i have been staying there ever since trying to sort things out,only came back last night and are going down again tomorrow as we have still got a lot to do.
I have organised the funeral for monday 29th.
I wont be online much as i have no internet down there.
Sorry it's short and sweet but i am totally drained right now and have so much on my mind to deal with.
Take Care all and hope to be back with you very soon.
Shadow Offline
#55 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:52:22 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

So sorry Ann - my thoughts are with you and your family.

Pauline xx
Shadow Offline
#56 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 6:23:39 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

GOOD GRIEF !!! Just been on the IW website and they're selling Cricut Imagine ink carts - Tricolour at £54.00 and Black at (I think) £50.00. Are they joking ???????

I've just sold all my inks at what I thought was a fair price (and still do) but the price at that time was about £35.00 each.

Pauline x
ElizabethSmith Offline
#57 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 9:23:03 AM(UTC)
ElizabethSmith

So sorry to hear your news Ann, thinking of you .

Beth
Ang Offline
#58 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 11:58:37 PM(UTC)
Ang

Good Morning all,
Well back in UK and back to work today. Had a great holiday roll on the next one!!

Ann so sorry to hear about your mom, i thought we were having a bad year when my step dad died in March, but you are really going through it at the moment. Take care of yourselves my thoughts are with you.

Someone is asking if there are going to be any more imagine carts - they also say the last release was May 2012, not sure if thats correct, but even to satisfy current Imagine users surely we are due a couple of new art carts!!

Karel - glad to see you have CCR and the Imagine working together - does CCR mean you can move the images around the page? If so that would be a great advantage

take care all

Ang
#59 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 3:53:29 AM(UTC)

Ann thoughts with you and the family at this tough time .
Gadget girl Offline
#60 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 9:17:46 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hi Ann
My thoughts are with you and your family too at this sad time. Even though its a sad time I am sure it will be nice to connect with family members you dont usually see also. xx

Susan