Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages<12345>»
Gadget girl Offline
#61 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 9:24:28 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
Hello everyone

Well not sure what the problem is but havent been able to log onto here using Waterfox. Had to go over to Chrome.

Just to say have just tried CCR and printed and cut using my Imagine. I did have to update my CCR but it has worked perfectly and cut better than with the gypsy and machine alone, it seems.
Yes you can move the images around the mat and put them where ever you like. So really is good for paper conserving unlike the Imagine alone would be.

We should all be given a bonus of print cartridges and mats for hanging in there with Cricut as all the mats and ink we have gone through whilst they have been practising on us has been ridiculous.

Anyway got to do some more with CCR and Imagine. Really loving the Word of Mouth cartridge also.

Happy Crafting. Susan
MargaretHillman Offline
#62 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 4:13:16 AM(UTC)
MargaretHillman

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Hello to all
A special cuddle for Ann this is such a difficult tme. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I have received my packet from Megan Elizabeth it is great but unfortunately had to pay tax etc which was a shame. I want to pop over to see Gadget girl but have to find a good time.

I am trying to sell off some stuff on Facebook page but no luck yet. Will have to reduce prices and think again. Anyone interested in my dear little cuttlebug? I also have a set of larger plates which were rather expensive but they need to go. Need to check out what they cost me.
I am ordering the new electric embosser from Crafter's Companion today.

Oh well onward and upward. I am making some rather nice Christmas cards today.
Love to all.
Gadget girl Offline
#63 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:41:02 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hiya Margaret
Glad you got your Megan Elizabeth bundle ok, would love to meet up but want to get this dam essay out of the way first as I cant concentrate on anything else!!Confused

Just been listening to Sara from Crafters Companion on Ustream she had a live Q&A for there birthday which was really good. She cant half talk that one though!!

You need to get onto eBay to sell stuff thats the best way!

Anyway happy crafting.

Susan
ElizabethSmith Offline
#64 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:11:33 AM(UTC)
ElizabethSmith

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 71 post(s)
good morning, very quiet on here again.

Hi Margaret i have just sold loads of things on ebay so you might be better off on there if you have no takers on the other site.
whats the megan elizabeth bundle? what have i missed? and do i need one? lol!!!!

not up to much going to have a play around with CCR later on i updated it the other day it went really quickly and smoothly but have some more sewing to do first.

Ann hope your hanging in there.

Whats everyone else up to?
Ang Offline
#65 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 12:00:03 PM(UTC)
Ang

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Hi all,

Ann - hope things are going as well as can be expected for you.

Margaret - as Beth says ebay is a great place when you are having a clear out.

So its finally offical - the Imagine is no longer being made by PC - I purchased mine 2 years ago at the launch on I/World - so its out of warrenty and to date have not had any problems (touch wood). And at least now we have the numbers of the ink cartridges so we dont have to pay silly prices of £54+ but i am really disappointed. The potential of the machine held out such high hopes. I spend enough time at the computer and wanted this machine because it did most of the time not need to be connected. But perhaps eventually someone somewhere will come up with a machine that cuts and prints and all works perfectly first time!!

Well, i am now trying to make christmas cards, but i seem to get a couple done then something else crops up and i get side tracked.

I still cannt make up my mind about the Cameo - do i really need/want another machine or should i just plod on with what i have and see whats what in say 12/18 months time!!

Take care all and hope everyone is well

Ang
Shadow Offline
#66 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 1:47:26 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 206 post(s)
Hi Ang - how did you find out about the Imagine? Not been on the boards for a while, as had other things on my mind at the moment Crying and crafting isn't top of my list of priorities.

I would have thought another manufacturer would be able to take the technology on board and make a profit from it.

Pauline
Shadow Offline
#67 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:43:01 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Hi Ang - just found the thread re the Imagine. What a disgrace eh?

Not even started my Christmas cards yet - still worrying about the test results I'm waiting for.

Pauline
Ang Offline
#68 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 11:32:29 PM(UTC)
Ang

Hi all
Pauline - do you have to wait much longer for the results?
As for the Imagine I know there are still a few of us with the machine, and because its not 100% clear if new carts are coming out or not, i am now even more confussed on what to do! I have several carts but not all of them and if i do decide to stay with the 'I' then I am thinking i might as well get the remainder carts i dont have, just so that i have some variations. However, i am also thinking what if it packs up! I will have wasted even more money! Crafting one way or another costs not just time but a lot of money!

Best of it is most of us start making cards etc to save money!! I wonder - do we spend more than we save! Mind you i do enjoy it!

Hows everyone? Its now half term in Somerset - parts of the country has the week thats just ending and we are just starting ours! Madness having it so late going into December.

Oh and dont forget we put the clocks back tonight!

take care all and happy crafting

Ang
Ang Offline
#69 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 11:35:02 PM(UTC)
Ang

Oh meant to say have those in UK seen the price of the create on C&C - and the carts they have have all been reduced! Not sure how they would compare with buying from US but at least you wouldnt have Import Tax on them!
Shadow Offline
#70 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 4:26:59 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Hi Ang - just been on C&C - the carts don't look reduced as far as I can see Confused

My results should be back by next weekend hopefully.

There's a lively discussion over on the "Imagine statement" thread. Lots of angry people but then there are the diehards who will defend PC to the very last. As for me - I'm dun with PC! Will use my Expression and E2 until they die and then they can go to Cricut Heaven via the black bin!

Pauline x
sue4e85811d8 Offline
#71 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 5:05:29 AM(UTC)
sue4e85811d8

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hello everyone. I am new to posting on the forum although I do regularly read what is going on. Create and Craft have got a sale on which brings them down to a couple of other retailers prices that is all. However I suppose there is the advantage that you can split the cost of the cartridges over 2 months if you wish.
It is interesting to read how many people have given up on their Imagines. I haven't so far (touch wood) had any major issues with my machine. My problem before has been me being too enthusiastic to start crafting before it has properly booted up. This has made the Imagine get 'stuck' and since applying a bit of patience it has worked better than my E2. I also have a Gypsy and Create and since I last updated the Gypsy nothing would work with it except the Imagine and that was about 2 to 3 months ago. I am scared to death of updating anything now as the Gypsy works with the Imagine and the other two independently. I havent tried Cricut Craft Room for ages so not sure if anything works with that now. Saying all of that, I am not giving up on my machines as I do enjoy using them.
Even though this is the first time I have contributed to this forum I would like to say how sorry I was to read about Ann's dear mum. Kind regards to everyone.
Ang Offline
#72 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 5:15:00 AM(UTC)
Ang

Hi all
Pauline - you dont get to see the discount until you go to check out, thats when it takes off whatever discount is being given some are 30% off others less. Mad way of working it really because it doesnt encourage you to buy unless you have seen it on TV!!

Lovely sunny day here today but its a bitter cold day!
Shadow Offline
#73 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 6:44:57 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Thanks Ang - didn't realise that Blushing Anyway, not buying any more carts - have quite enough as it is.

As you say, really lovely day, but bitterly cold. Roger's currently down the garden putting up a small fence to stop you know who getting to the fishpond. She discovered it the other day and we really don't want her joining the fish LOL LOL

'Er 2 doors down is having another party tonight, so reckon we're in for a rough ride again! Just wish she'd turn the volume down a tad, plus keep the kids in the actual party, instead of under my bedroom window.

Bye for now

Pauline x
Ann Offline
#74 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:50:14 AM(UTC)
Ann

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 170 post(s)
Hi all,just a quick post to say a big thank you to everyone who sent me good wishes regarding recent events,it means a lot to me.
I am back home at the moment but going to Newquay again tomorrow,the funeral is on monday,i am dreading it but will be glad when it's all over.This last 10 days have been very tiring,loads to do in Newquay,still hav'nt finished sorting mum's flat out.
I ordered the spellbinders fancy lattice expandable pattern die with my birthday money,it's out of stock everywhere so it is on pre order,looks a good one with loads of possibilities.
I am so glad i sold the imagine when i did,PC certainly know how to upset folk!I still love my expression and gypsy but dont think i will be buying anymore PC products,will stick with my cameo though,i really like it.
It was Graham's birthday yesterday,it was very strange,he had some money,chocs and a sweater,he said it did'nt feel like his birthday at all so we have been out for lunch today with Mel and Tom,it was nice to get out,we had a few laughs and some nice food,a bit of escape for a couple of hours.
Anyway all,must go as i have my little grandaughter Izzy here,should be getting collected soon,love her to bits but need to get ironing done and get in the shower.
Take Care all x
Shadow Offline
#75 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:50:05 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Hi Ann - nice to see you.

I've also ordered the die you mention - it looks lovely.

There's certainly a lively debate on the Imagine thread eh? Can't blame folks can you. And for somebody to suggest that PC bring out an Imagine 2 - is she mad? They've not sorted out the first model, let alone bring out another.

TTFN

Pauline x
Gadget girl Offline
#76 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 3:52:32 PM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hiya everyone,
Been having problems logging on and found it was because for some reason I was in the USA version of the MB! No idea why or when they put the symbol up for different countries but hopefully all sorted now.

Hi Ann Glad to see you on the MB and hope all goes well. Just try and treat it as a family gathering. Its not easy and things just take time to get over. hugs Susan xx

Hi Pauline
Your dog looks gorgeous and into everything by the sound of it.

Hi Sue glad your are still enjoying your machines, that is what I intend to do. I got my Imagine working with the CCR just before they gave out the announcement. Typical. It is cutting out really well with the CCR better than with the Gypsy or on its own. Not sure If I would buy any more carts but looks like quite a few people are selling their machines. I love the print and cut capabilities and just hope mine keeps going for years and years.

Anyway glad I can get on the MB again.
Happy Crafting.
Susan

Edited by user Sunday, October 28, 2012 10:20:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Done stuff

Ang Offline
#77 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 11:08:11 PM(UTC)
Ang

Susan - re loggin on - do you mean the little US flag in the top right was on? If so mine is like that and i have no idea i had to change it or even how to do so.
I can log on but do have to do so every time i come on, which is a pain!

Ann - my thoughts are with you - its never an easy task at times like this.

Pauline - we have had rain all night, if you have then perhaps you neigbhours guests stayed inside? and you got a fairly peaceful night!

take care everyone

Ang
Shadow Offline
#78 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:43:29 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Hi there. You're right - it was so bitterly cold that most of the slugs stayed in the shanty shack all night LOL LOL LOL Good !!!

Pauline x
Gadget girl Offline
#79 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 10:19:58 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hiya everyone
Just had a walk to Atlantic Village as its not too far away. There was a Craft and food Fair on so was there longer than I was going to be. My son has put his name down for Ten Tors walking on Dartmoor with school so am getting him kitted out. Got his boots yesterday with socks and t shirt and just got him a microfiber sweatshirt today. I have been trying to get him into something other than his computer so glad he has taken this up. It will be good for him. Also got some new Arban stamps from the craft stall £5 for a set so glad I went up.

It was not too bad weather until I was walking back from the shops and it started spitting then about an hour later it chucked it down. It has gone very cold too.

Hi Ang It does keep logging me out too and its a pain having to log in every time but glad I can log in now. Couldnt understand why I couldnt. I think its because I have put the little UK flag with my name so have to have the corresponding flag on the top too.

I am trying not to spend too much but I am watching the docrafts show on C&C and love the hot diggity dog kits. I must repeat, I will not buy anthing!!!

Have a good night. Susan
ElizabethSmith Offline
#80 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 11:15:34 AM(UTC)
ElizabethSmith

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 71 post(s)
hello, just a quckie as tea is cooking, just got back from mum and dads so havent been around for a few days but just wanted to say to Ang (I think it was) I only have the imagine and its worked fine until the other day where I started having a few weird things happen nothing serious but just irritating, like paper not feeding through unless pushed etc so Ive decided to get rid of alot of my imagine cartridges and keep using the machine with the few I have left and my normal cartridges until it dies then swapp to another machine completely whenever that may be!

anywa better go tea now burning!! hope everyone is ok.

Ang Offline
#81 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 11:58:33 PM(UTC)
Ang

Morning all,
Has the look of a good day ahead, sky quite clear at the moment.

Ann - hope all went as well as things can for you yesterday.

Beth - I sometimes get my machine say mat not recognised, but at the moment thats about it. I do wonder how long these machines will carry on for though. Anyone know how long before the UK launch were they launched in US?

Susan - how old is your younger son? Mine is just the same its either TV/Computer/PS3 he just doesnt seem to want to get into anything that means moving out of his room!! Our older son was always out and about with mates, as was our daughter - but Jack just isnt interested !

I get emails from 'Cricut Machine', they have lots of carts reduced (standard and Imagine) down to $14. But although I have purchased from them in the past, their delivery options now seem to only be US and Canada - anyone found this?

happy crafting everyone

Ang
Shadow Offline
#82 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 5:31:00 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Hi Ang - I have a sneaky feeling that the Imagine was launched on HSN about September, just before the UK launch - but don't quote me on this.

Just sold the last of my Imagine carts - Nursery Tails - that's everything gone now !!! Just gotta pack it up and post it.

Bye for now

Pauline x
Ang Offline
#83 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:56:41 AM(UTC)
Ang

I am really unsure what to do to be honest - just keep with my I until it dies or sell the lot - no doubt it would be for a lot lot less than i paid for it seeing as it was purchased on launch in UK. All i was thinking was if US launch had been say 6 months prior to ours then at least it might last a while longer.

So hows everyone going with their christmas cards? I have about 50 done so far but loads more to do yet!!

take care

ang
Gadget girl Offline
#84 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:56:13 PM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hiya everyone
Am on my phone as cant seem to log in on my computer. Most strange so please disregard any spelling mistakes. Had a good day yesterday at craft fair. Sold lots of stained glass Christmas trees and memory books. Not many cards so this rate will have loads for me though next month will be the decider for that. Will probably end up with loads.

Just got crafters companion mag not that impressed and new boards which look ok. I have also joined two peas mb with problems have had logging on here. Looks ok and has an app to use for it also.

Hi Ang. My son is 14 and just started his options year. Am hoping he will like the walking as he is used to me dragging him out and about. Once out he is fine and chats away happily. So fingers crossed he has found something he is interested in. Looks a good mix of kids too.

Happy crafting. Susan
Ann Offline
#85 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:47:27 PM(UTC)
Ann

Hi all,just checking the message board,not much going on though.
I am back from Newquay now although mum's flat still is'nt completely sorted but Graham is going to finish off next week on his own,i will have to go back to work and cant take anymore time off.
Mum's funeral went as expected,the chapel was full and some old faces were there,it was obviously very emotional,we all went to the pub after and had a few drinks.
It suddenly hit me yesterday that all my family are gone except my aunt and my brother really,i do have some cousins and an uncle in America but we are not close.
We are going down to cornwall again on Nov 18th to scatter mum's ashes,it was decided we would wait until Tez gets back from Thailand as he was very upset at not being here for the funeral.
I need to try and get on with my life i suppose but it's not that easy,i am finding my emotions are up and down and it does'nt take much to set me off.
I bought some cheery lynn doily dies with my birthday money,they are so pretty and a bit different to spellbinders,still waiting for the spellbinders fancy lattice,have it on back order.
Hope you are all well.
Going to goodnight now,need to get some sleep x
MargaretHillman Offline
#86 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 6:12:29 AM(UTC)
MargaretHillman

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Nice to read some news.
Ann We all know how awful this time is and hope you will soon be able to enjoy your crafting again.
SUE,
Sorry about your craft fair not selling your cards. Have you done your essay now?
Not mich news from me.
Hope this now brings our site up at the beginning.
Ann Offline
#87 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 8:26:48 AM(UTC)
Ann

Hi all,hope you are all well today. I have been busy trying to sort out mum's stuff that i brought home with me and making a list of who i need to thank for various things.
I got a letter today from DWP regarding mum's attendance allowance saying i need to pay some of it back! but the deceased mentioned was'nt my mother,someone else altogether!,i phoned them and they were so full of aplogies,no explanation why i happened to get a letter obviously meant for some other poor soul,just told me to seal it back up and send it back! Apparently i have another letter coming asking me for a lesser amount but it seems because mum had no estate to speak of i can just disregard it,they dont expect the family to pay out of their own pocket,just as well as neither my brother or i have any spare cash.I just wonder what i can expect next!
My fancy lattice die still has'nt arrived,be sometime next week apparently,very high demand for it and spellbinders underestimated how popular it was going to be,i have to agree there,hard to get hold of.
Not had much chance to do any crafting recently and will be back at school and M next week,maybe tomorrow although need to tidy my craft room first,can hardly get in the door as i have been sorting out more stuff to sell including 3 cricut carts if anyone is interested,pm me.
Take Care all,happy craftingSmile x
Ang Offline
#88 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 12:25:15 AM(UTC)
Ang

Good Morning all,
Ann good to see you back.
Beth - I have had that happen a couple of times but then the next time all seems to be OK
Susan - I would love to find something Jack is interested in other than the computer, but nothing else seems to be of any interest. And as for trying to get him to join a club or something it seems to be a no go! I expect he will grow out of it eventually but i wont hold my breath. I dont remember my elder son like this, he liked TV but was often off with mates on his bike or with the ACF!! Suppose it wouldnt do for us all to be the same!

Hope everyone else is well.

Not sure if anyone notice but for those with Imagine machines the ink is now in the rewards for 500 points.

Also there is a show on at 5pm about the Cameo on C&C if i get chance i will be watching it or might record it.

The Cricut mini is on a 4 day deal on Monday as well!! But i am not interested in anymore PC machines, and my create works really well.

take care all

Ang

Shadow Offline
#89 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 4:14:44 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Ang Go to Quoted Post
Good Morning all,
Ann good to see you back.
Beth - I have had that happen a couple of times but then the next time all seems to be OK
Susan - I would love to find something Jack is interested in other than the computer, but nothing else seems to be of any interest. And as for trying to get him to join a club or something it seems to be a no go! I expect he will grow out of it eventually but i wont hold my breath. I dont remember my elder son like this, he liked TV but was often off with mates on his bike or with the ACF!! Suppose it wouldnt do for us all to be the same!

Hope everyone else is well.

Not sure if anyone notice but for those with Imagine machines the ink is now in the rewards for 500 points.

Also there is a show on at 5pm about the Cameo on C&C if i get chance i will be watching it or might record it.

The Cricut mini is on a 4 day deal on Monday as well!! But i am not interested in anymore PC machines, and my create works really well.

take care all

Ang

Hi Ang. Cricut mini on 4 day deal eh? Wonder how many they'll sell after all the bad reviews on the forum? I certainly wont be watching - why would I - I have the Cameo etc which is much better. Wonder if IW are getting rid of their spare stock ??? before the meltdown.

Still waiting for test results - am getting really cheesed off/stressed about it all now. Will certainly be putting in a strong complaint if/when they ever arrive! Think it's deplorable that they expect people to do 3 tests, then keep them waiting for the final results. Not on!!!

I've just seen the Folk Art cartridge - quite like that one. It's got various borders etc on it which I like.

Amber's got the "sit" training off to a fine art now BigGrin Couldn't believe it when Roger told me she's sitting to command. She's only just 12 weeks old as well. Really intelligent baby that one. Next one is "down" but we're having problems in that direction LOL LOL

See yer soon

Pauline x

Gadget girl Offline
#90 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 10:26:04 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hi all
Just been for a nice long walk with my youngest today, he with his new boots on arguing that walking along the Tarka trail will do him no good for the Ten Tors training and me saying its all good training and then ignoring when he kept on and on. Wearing me out just listening to him. He enjoys his walks really when he realises I am taking no notice of his arguments/complaints.

CS got back to me that Waterfox is not supported although I had been logging on for a while with no problem so no idea what has changed.

Am just watching the Cameo program now but dont really want another machine and have a friend who has one and if I see a cut I would like she cuts it for me and I do stuff for her. She did me the shadow boxes. Although some of the paper and vinyl looks interesting.

I will watch the Cricut Mini but not interested in buying a digital machine that relies on the computer only. Especially from Cricut. It will probably sell fine, not everybody looks into the background of an item before hand. Its not until you have problems then you look.

Hi Ang how old is your lad? I'm not sure if its his age or being the youngest but what ever I suggested to my lad before this he just absolutely refused as if I was chucking him out or something. It might be the fact that his friend has done the Ten Tors last year that helped. Whatever I am glad he is doing something other than sitting in front of the computer. Also now he is 14 he seems a lot more calm although he never likes just to go places without knowing exactly where we are going and what we will be doing.

Pauline glad your dog is doing well. Have you reminded your Dr about the results as when my Mum was waiting, they lost her paperwork and it wasnt until she had a word to them that they woke up. Her Dr was/is terrible.

Anyway have a good weekend. Susan

Edited by user Saturday, November 03, 2012 10:39:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified