Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages123>»
JeanP Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 5:58:50 PM(UTC)
JeanP

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 968 time(s) in 780 post(s)
10/10--UPDATE-- WE WILL BE DOING 16 PAGES TOTAL. DO NOT LEAVE ANY SPACES ON EITHER SIDE OF YOUR PAGES. PLEASE CHECKIN SO I KNOW THAT YOU HAVE SEEN THIS UPDATE.
THANKSBigGrin

PLease keep your design the same on all your pages. You may use different paper if you don't have enough of the same pattern.

3rd Annual Christmas Recipe Swap

It’s time to start thinking about Christmas gifts and a Recipe Book would make a super gift. The books from the last few years had some great recipes and the layouts were fantastic.

Please pay special attention to what I have in bold. These are important.

The recipes for this year will be a little different and will include any recipe that you would take to a Holiday party for the buffet table. It can be an appetizer, a main dish, or a dessert. Maybe you have an old family favorite that you would like to share with us.
I’ll need to know the recipe you will be making so that I can make sure we don’t have duplicates and it is appropriate. Sometimes the same recipe will have a different name. Try to come up a recipe that is new and interesting. I don’t want to see “pigs in a blanket” as an appetizer!

We will need to make 16, 8X8 recipe pages without any spaces left on either sides.I will do a title page for everyoneBigGrin

Decorate your pages with a Holiday theme OR the theme of your recipe. For example, if your recipe was for a Pumpkin Roll, you could decorate it for Thanksgiving, for Christmas or with pumpkins!!!!
All recipes must be computer generated. No handwritten recipes.
SOME PICS HAVE BEEN POSTED IF YOU SCROLL DOWN.

When decorating your page, anything goes as far as technique, color, and embellishments. Please be creative and do your best.
You need to use cardstock as your base so that the pages are sturdy. If you want to use patterned paper, adhere it to a piece of cardstock or it will be too flimsy for the book.

Before you send your recipes, go back over them to make sure everything is trimmed, glued well, spelled correctly and not smudged. Remember, these might be used as gifts.
Sign the back of your pages so that we can give credit where it is due.

Due date is Dec 8th. Please no flakers or late senders especially because these may be used as gifts
Dec 8th is the last day for me to receive your pages, not a last mailing date. I will be strict with this.
If life happens and you need to drop out, please let me know as soon as possible. PM me for my address anytime if you don’t already have it. You may send them whenever you are finished. I certainly don’t mind early
Please subscribe to the thread and check in every 2 weeks. If I don’t hear from you, I will send you reminders until I do. Please realize that I am not trying to be pushy. As in all my swaps, I have the right to refuse anyone if I think it will jeopardize the swap. This may seem harsh but part of my duty as hostess is to take care of my swappers and make sure they get what they signed up for. I will ask for someone to vouch for you if I have not swapped with you before. This eliminates stress for all of us. If you have any questions, fell free to ask.

Send all pages to me. It makes it easier for me to swap them out and doesn’t cost any more to send the extra page. Include an address label with your recipes for your returns. I do require a DC number on all packages!!!! Priority mail is not necessary UNLESS you need to get it to me quickly. Postage should be the same dollar amount as it cost to send them to me. Put all of your finished pages in a baggie for protection and label them with your name & MB name. If you want me to reuse the same packaging, just enclose a return address label and the postage. Only cash or stamps please. A padded envelope works well.
You can add an extra stamp if you want just in case-I'll return it if it's not needed.

I think I covered everything but if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask me.

Please "TAG AS FAVORITE" so you can find your way back for checkinsBigGrin

Cool RECEIVED

1. JeanP--Cranberry-Barbecue MeatballsCool
2. GrammaP--Crab DipCool
3. ScrappinGwen--Winter Fruit SaladCool
4. JeanP--Chocolate Peppermint Trifle Cool
5. Luvscrapin--Pumpkim Bread PuddingCool
6. Auntie Dene--Pumpkin CheesecakeCool
7. AmyLendall-Sticky BunsCool
8. Sharon Kiss--Grandmother's FruitcakeCool
9. DeniseEmmerich-Oatmeal ShortbreadCool
10.crystalslate--Pumpkin RollCool
11.Pamela--Sweet Potatoe SouffleCool
12.Princessscrappydo--Gingerbread with Lemon SauceCool
13.DawnW---Gingerbread HouseCool
14.Chiddy--Christmas PunchCool
15.MOgoggingirl--Caramel PopcornCool
16.Rebecca--Lemom Chicken FingersCool

Edited by user Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:59:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: update

ScrappinGwen Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 6:09:44 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 825 time(s) in 644 post(s)
Please add me. I'm doing Winter Fruit Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing. Although there will be green CS, it will not otherwise be christmasy looking as I'm going with the fruits theme.

If Rebecca joins, then I will do a different recipe for her so she doesn't have a duplicate as she received this recipe from me already in another swap.

Looking forward to some yummy recipes to make for holiday dinners or parties!
SherrieStevens Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 7:09:39 PM(UTC)
SherrieStevens

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 144 post(s)
I would like to join. Thanks Sherrie
Luvskrapin Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 7:23:05 PM(UTC)
Luvskrapin

United States

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I would like to join! BigGrin I will post a recipe tomorrow! Thanks BigGrin

Ok I figured out what I want to do recipe wise! I will do Pumpkin Bread Puddin'! Drool

Edited by user Thursday, October 04, 2012 8:44:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

yohill Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 7:55:30 PM(UTC)
yohill

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I would like to do this swap! Are we able to order more than 1? I think these will be a wonderful christmas present... Not sure what recipe I am going to do yet. I will get back to you on that!

Hillary
Auntie Dene Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 8:47:20 PM(UTC)
Auntie Dene

United States

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 117 post(s)
I will join in on this, my recipe will be Individual Pumpkin Cheesecake.
Thanks Doreen
Luvskrapin Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 8:49:38 PM(UTC)
Luvskrapin

United States

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Auntie Dene Go to Quoted Post
I will join in on this, my recipe will be Individual Pumpkin Cheesecake.
Thanks Doreen

Yummy!!!! Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Blushing Drool Drool Drool
 1 user thanked Luvskrapin for this useful post.
Auntie Dene on 10/11/2012(UTC)
amylendall Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 9:18:26 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
ok I have to join! I have not seen a recipe swap in it seems like forever!! I would like 2 spots please I will do 2 different recipes! 1 recipe I would like to do is called sticky buns!
for the second recipe I will do eggnog quick bread thanks for hosting Jean

Edited by user Thursday, October 04, 2012 9:59:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

trvkladd Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 9:42:14 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
Please add me. I'm doing Winter Fruit Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing. Although there will be green CS, it will not otherwise be christmasy looking as I'm going with the fruits theme.

If Rebecca joins, then I will do a different recipe for her so she doesn't have a duplicate as she received this recipe from me already in another swap.

Looking forward to some yummy recipes to make for holiday dinners or parties!

Gwynne~ I'm still on the fence(not sure it I have the time) but wanted to let you know that I loved that recipe. Definitely add it even if I decide to join. I'll probably be using this (if I join) as a gift for my eldest DD. She will love that recipe. I thought about giving her the one that you sent to me as an Anniversary gift but decided that I couldn't part with it so this will work. Flapper Flapper

Thanks for thinking of me though, that was really sweet...

Jean~ This is right up my alley. My 2 favorite things crafting and cooking. I would love to join but am just a little worried that I may be biting off more than I can chew. I'm working on several swaps and also filling orders from my new FB Business Page right now, I just want to be sure that I will be able to do it justice. If I do it... I'll be doing Chicken & Sausage Gumbo. A family favorite for Thanksgiving. I'll keep watching and if I get a lot done I would love to join. I'll let you know...Thanks

~Rebecca

Edited by user Thursday, October 04, 2012 9:43:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SharonKiss Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:20:10 PM(UTC)
SharonKiss

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Sign me up please.

My recipe will be my Grandmothers Fruit Cake. It doesn't have any candy fruit in it.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 5:25:31 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Sounding like some really good recipes! I'm so glad we're doing recipes besides cookies this year. I was ready for a change.

Rebecca, these do make nice gifts!

Jean, do you have a few pics of recipes that you could post to show the newer gals what we've done in the past? Might be a good visual for them. Some are simply made; others are more involved, but together they make a wonderful booklet of recipes for a gift.

Edited by user Friday, October 05, 2012 5:32:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
trvkladd on 10/10/2012(UTC)
JeanP Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 6:18:37 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Thanks to all for showing interest. I have updated to here. Could you all pm me your email so I have another way to reach you if necessary. Thanks!!!

I just wanted to say that for now, each person can have only 1 spot. If I get more than 12/15 people, then I will open another group and you can join both if you would like.

I see a few new people wanting to join(new to me anyway) so I just want to make sure that you have read and understand all the instructions. I expect nice recipe pages from everyone and for everyone to mail on time. I need to receive these all by Sat Dec 8th. I will swap them out and mail back on Monday Dec 10th. This should give you time to bind them and send out as gifts. Please don't be late

I will post some pictures tonight of recipes from past swaps. Good idea Gwynne!!!!

Rebecca, I would love to have you join, but don't overdo!!! I know what that is like and it takes away from the fun of these swaps if you overcommitt.

Edited by user Friday, October 05, 2012 9:25:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
trvkladd on 10/10/2012(UTC)
JeanP Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 12:41:39 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Here are some recipe pages from past swapsBigGrin Some are pretty simple using just Christmas papers and inking. Others are a little more elaborate using Cricut cuts.
I did the first recipe using the Kitchen Cartridge. The Apricot recipe page is made using the shaving cream method on her background paper. Lots of techniques you can use on these pages to make a nice book!!!

Edited by user Friday, October 05, 2012 1:22:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP attached the following image(s):
IMG_5483.JPG
2008.JPG
2010-2.JPG
2009.JPG
IMG_8177.JPG
IMG_8176.JPG
IMG_8178.JPG
IMG_8179.JPG
ScrappinGwen Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 1:17:46 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Here's a few I have made. I enjoy finding cricut cuts that I can use in these recipe swaps. Though the first one is not cricut cut. and you can see that my biggest fault is that I never allow for the margin on the right side to punch holes for binding. I always just figured I'd put mine in 8x8 sleeves in an album.

But I will be sure to leave the margin for this round! lol

Edited by user Friday, October 05, 2012 1:46:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen attached the following image(s):
IMG_4360.JPG
IMG_2410.JPG
IMG_3174.JPG
IMG_3276.JPG
IMG_3277.JPG
IMG_3279.JPG
JeanP Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 2:07:52 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Thanks Gwynne for posting a few more recipe pages!!! Now we should all have an idea of what our pages should be like.

Edited by user Saturday, October 06, 2012 12:34:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MrsGenaZep Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 6:49:37 PM(UTC)
MrsGenaZep

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi there. I would like to join.
I have done swaps before with Gina, now that my daughter is 18 months I think I can start playing again. :)

My recipe will be peanut butter cup cookies. They are soooo yummy!!!

Thanks, Gena
crystalslate Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 4:50:39 AM(UTC)
crystalslate

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 108 post(s)
I would love to join if a spot is still available
My recipe will be pumpkin roll
JeanP Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 12:30:39 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Thanks Crystal & Gena.

Please pm me your email addys.

I have you both added!!!

REMEMBER-----These recipes do not have to be desserts!!!!!!

You can also do appetizers or a main dishBigGrin
 2 users thanked JeanP for this useful post.
MrsGenaZep on 10/6/2012(UTC), crystalslate on 10/7/2012(UTC)
GrammaP Offline
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 7:26:16 AM(UTC)
GrammaP

United States

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 146 post(s)
BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Skooter Offline
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:40:40 AM(UTC)
Skooter

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hello! I was reading your post, and saw the pics of the recipe ideas, and My sister & I have been doing a monthly recipe swap so I thought I'd take a few quick pics of mine that I did so you could have more ideas. Some with made with Cricut, some with other things. I just took quick pics so don't mind my messy desk in the background!! lol

Drat.. tried to upload one and it's too big. I'll try something else!!

Edited by user Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:45:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: couldn't upload pics

~Pamela~ Offline
#21 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 10:49:06 AM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Jean I would love to join, I will do Sweet Potato Soufflé. I was thinking I would do Mini Pumpkin Pies, we make them every year but I see lots of pumpkin and lots of deserts so this might go better with everything else.
JeanP Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 11:08:31 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: ~Pamela~ Go to Quoted Post
Jean I would love to join, I will do Sweet Potato Soufflé. I was thinking I would do Mini Pumpkin Pies, we make them every year but I see lots of pumpkin and lots of deserts so this might go better with everything else.

Thanks Pamela, that would be perfect!!! I LOVE sweet potatoes!!!! I was going to do a Gingerbread Eggnog Trifle dessert but I am thinking more of a main dish now because we have so many desserts. I am still undecidedBigGrin

I'll add you in.

JeanP Offline
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 11:12:53 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: Skooter Go to Quoted Post
Hello! I was reading your post, and saw the pics of the recipe ideas, and My sister & I have been doing a monthly recipe swap so I thought I'd take a few quick pics of mine that I did so you could have more ideas. Some with made with Cricut, some with other things. I just took quick pics so don't mind my messy desk in the background!! lol

Drat.. tried to upload one and it's too big. I'll try something else!!

Try resizing with Shrinkpictures.com

thanks

~Pamela~ Offline
#24 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 11:37:20 AM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Pamela, that would be perfect!!! I LOVE sweet potatoes!!!! I was going to do a Gingerbread Eggnog Trifle dessert but I am thinking more of a main dish now because we have so many desserts. I am still undecidedBigGrin

I'll add you in.

Oh my well you can send me that recipe anyway! It sounds delicious! BigGrin Thanks for adding me. I think because we all think sweets when we think of the holidays. I admit my mind went straight to pumpkin pie! lol I love sweet potatoes too! Though we have been eating them often since we started eating clean. I hope we aren't tired of them by the holidays because we all love this recipe!
amylendall Offline
#25 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 6:41:26 AM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
come on we need more people to join us! this is a fun easy swap! really doesn't require a whole lot of time!
PrincessScrappy-Do Offline
#26 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 8:22:52 AM(UTC)
PrincessScrappy-Do

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
May I join? I havent been around in a while but GrammaP can vouch for me. Let me know if you want me and I will tell you what I will add.

Thanks,
Charlene
JeanP Offline
#27 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 2:41:59 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: PrincessScrappy-Do Go to Quoted Post
May I join? I havent been around in a while but GrammaP can vouch for me. Let me know if you want me and I will tell you what I will add.

Thanks,
Charlene

Name sounds very familiar!!!! Did we do layouts swaps or SAC together at one time?

I will add you inBigGrin

Dawn W Offline
#28 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 2:50:45 PM(UTC)
Dawn W

United States

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 60 post(s)
I will take a spot. I don't know what recipe yet, but I will look them up tonight.
#29 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 4:11:14 PM(UTC)
PrincessScrappy-Do

Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
Name sounds very familiar!!!! Did we do layouts swaps or SAC together at one time?

I will add you inBigGrin

yes maam, I used to do MANY swaps before my darling grad daughter moved in with me. Maybe 3 years ago
#30 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 4:57:28 PM(UTC)
PrincessScrappy-Do

please put me down for Gingerbread with Lemon Sauce