Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

c.a.box0b6d1d5b Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 4:29:04 PM(UTC)
c.a.box0b6d1d5b

Groups: Registered

My Cricut has been working fine then I just pulled it out of the box and it's not. Any suggestions. Right now it turns on then starts to do it's checks with the rollers and such then turns off anmd starts again. Does it need to be reset or something? How do I do that if it does? Any suggestions would be appreciated. It's an expression. Thank you. The service line is closed for the weekend that's why I'm asking.Confused
Cricut Krista Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:58:18 PM(UTC)
Cricut Krista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: c.a.box0b6d1d5b Go to Quoted Post
My Cricut has been working fine then I just pulled it out of the box and it's not. Any suggestions. Right now it turns on then starts to do it's checks with the rollers and such then turns off anmd starts again. Does it need to be reset or something? How do I do that if it does? Any suggestions would be appreciated. It's an expression. Thank you. The service line is closed for the weekend that's why I'm asking.Confused

Sorry to hear about your Expression. I would first check your power cord. Make sure that the light on the power cord box is lighting up. You may need a new power cord. Do you have a friend that has a Cricut machine that you could try their power cord? You could try doing a update with CDS.

You will need to have the latest version of the software. Here are some instructions:
1. You can then download the latest program from this webpage: http://mirror.cricut.com...ontpack/CDS_10404220.exe

2. It will take you to the Setup Wizard - click Next - I agree – Install - Finish.

3. Now you will want to download a second update which you can find at the following link: http://mirror.cricut.com...k/FontUpdate_V120720.exe

How to Update your Cricut Machine using Cricut Design Studio
1. Open Cricut Design Studio (CDS) on your computer and select continue in trial mode.
2. Find your Cricut USB cable for your machine (you can also use any standard printer cable.)
3. Plug your device into your computer using the USB (printer) cable.
4. In CDS Click on the “Help” menu at the top of the screen.
5. Click on “Update Cricut Firmware.”
6. This will bring up the step by step instructions for updating your device.
7. Follow the steps in order as exactly as written.
8. Put device (machine) into update mode, instructions are in Step 2 in CDS. Your machine needs to be turned off before trying to put it into update mode.
9. Made sure you select the correct machine in the options on Step 3 for the update to go through properly. (For Cricut Cake machine select Expression and for the Cricut Cake Mini select Create.)
10. Click “Begin Update Now.”
11. Let is update completely. It should tell you when it is finished.
12. If it says that a second update is necessary, you must put your device into update mode once again before beginning the second update.

Hope this helps!
have a wonderful day!