Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

murphnjack2003a20663f2 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 9:45:17 AM(UTC)
murphnjack2003a20663f2

Groups: Registered

Oh dear Lord...I believe I have bitten off more than I can chew! I just received my Expression2 and figured I could zip thru creating and cutting footballs with names and numbers cut inside of the balls in no time. Man, was I ever wrong! I have a cramp in my neck, and I'm about ready to poke my eyes out with a fork! I can't figure out to accomplish this, and I'm getting really frustrated. Cursing

I have two cartridges that I'm using, one has the ball, and the other has the font. How do I put it all together with the ball as one layer, and the name/number centered and cut out of the middle of the ball?

Please, please, please help...I'm a desperate woman. Did I mention I have to do 144 of these by Thursday?
GayleWheaton1 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 9:56:10 AM(UTC)
GayleWheaton1

United States

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Blink Oooooo, that's a LOT!
It IS possible, but not with just the E2. What you need to do is to 'weld' the font images into the footballs - if you want the font to be cut out of the footballs (which is what it sounds like to me). This can only be done by using Cricut Craft Room, Gypsy or Design Studio - the good news is that CCR is free! The not so good news is that you'll still have learning to do to so that it'll work out.
Create a CCR account and when you get to the program, you'll want to 'load' your carts into the CCR program so that you'll be able to actually cut out your footballs. Then, on the virtual mat you can place the font images w/in a football & weld them together. When you fill up the mat, you can hook up your cricut, put in your mat & paper and cut them out!
It sounds like you're going to be busy, but you're going to really 'WOW' your friends, too!
Have fun!
swatts66 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 11:14:16 AM(UTC)
swatts66

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1052 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Is there any possibility that you could just cut out the footballs and then cut out the Numbers and glue the numbers on the football? That would work with just the E2 without trying to sign on to CCR and link your E2 etc. The learning curve would be a little less steep........
curious george II Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2012 1:05:10 PM(UTC)
curious george II

United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Originally Posted by: swatts66 Go to Quoted Post
Is there any possibility that you could just cut out the footballs and then cut out the Numbers and glue the numbers on the football? That would work with just the E2 without trying to sign on to CCR and link your E2 etc. The learning curve would be a little less steep........

Doing it that way is possible as long as the font was cut at the correct size that they would fit on the football, but it is a bit time consuming as long as she is willing to put in the time it can be done by Thursday. The fonts need to be cut a tad bit smaller than the football size in order for the font to fit and look right.

Curious II
scrapalette Online
#5 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 9:23:24 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18984 time(s) in 8482 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GayleWheaton1 Go to Quoted Post
Blink Oooooo, that's a LOT!
It IS possible, but not with just the E2. What you need to do is to 'weld' the font images into the footballs - if you want the font to be cut out of the footballs (which is what it sounds like to me). This can only be done by using Cricut Craft Room, Gypsy or Design Studio - the good news is that CCR is free! The not so good news is that you'll still have learning to do to so that it'll work out.
Create a CCR account and when you get to the program, you'll want to 'load' your carts into the CCR program so that you'll be able to actually cut out your footballs. Then, on the virtual mat you can place the font images w/in a football & weld them together. When you fill up the mat, you can hook up your cricut, put in your mat & paper and cut them out!
It sounds like you're going to be busy, but you're going to really 'WOW' your friends, too!
Have fun!

If you weld the two images, such as a football with names/numbers inside it, they become one image and the interior images will not cut. You do need to position the names/numbers on top of the footballs but do not weld them.

If you want to use CCR, which is the free design program, I can make you a file and then all you would need to do is change out the name/number.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 10/8/2012(UTC)
scrapalette Online
#6 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 9:31:55 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18984 time(s) in 8482 post(s)
Here's a quickie example using CCR. Once you have the design, you can use the Add Text feature to type the names and move them onto the footballs.
scrapalette attached the following image(s):
atest.jpg
curious george II Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 10:19:00 AM(UTC)
curious george II

United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 63 post(s)
See this is what I was trying to say but I didnt have the shape to show you what I meant. Thanks Scraplette for the diagram.

Curious II