Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lesazukeb44089e8 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 5:06:41 PM(UTC)
lesazukeb44089e8

Groups: Registered

I use the Cricut a lot for 3" or 4" bulletin board letters. With my old Cricut machine, if I selected too many letters to fit a page, I could just let it cut as many as it could and then continue on a new mat. Very easy.

With my E2, just purchased, and using the Craft Room, (which I really like for the MOST part) if I type all the letters using the text box and then size as needed, it displays the text string straight across the top of the mat and just continues right off the mat. It makes no effort to fit them onto the mat for me or to give me the option of doing that.

As far as I can tell, the only way to tell what will fit is for me to ungroup the text string, then regroup a chunk, move the chunk to the mat, regroup another chunk, move it to the mat, regroup another chunk - cut/paste to a new layer, and so on. Which is a DRAG! - LITERALLY! Especially if you then find that you need to go to a smaller size or skinnier font to be able to fit on the paper qty you have.

Did I miss a step in the instructions? (Hope I did!) All the samples I've viewed so far just show a few letters that all fit on a single mat. I couldn't find any help with longer or larger sized text strings that don't fit on a single mat.