Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

awayne Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 6:45:30 PM(UTC)
awayne

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I having trouble deciding if I want to buy the cricut imagine. I already have the expressions and I like it except having to buy tons of different colors/patterns of paper.

So I'm wondering if it's worth buy the imagine. Does it save $ on buying tons of paper? I would like as many imputs to those who have an imagine.

Thanks much! BigGrin

Sheree Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:17:18 PM(UTC)
Sheree

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 69 post(s)
I think you should read all the posts about it and the problems etc...

A lot of money to pay for something that well I will let others with
them explain and you need to look up posts...

Sheree (Downunder)
Soshescraps Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:34:12 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1105 time(s) in 875 post(s)
I have an imagine and I really enjoy it!! The first one I had didn't cut and PC replaced it with another one. It has it's issues but overall I do enjoy it especially to print paper. When I first learned about the imagine I was so amazed over what this machine could do!! I thought it would end al the layering and countless hours I spent piecing together my disney pages. Well guess what, it didn't LOL!!

The image carts don't have any disney images. In order to make the images in color you must use CCR (don't quote me I'm not 100% sure), and CCR doesn't play well with the imagine (at this time).

Overall, I would say the imagine is a nice machine. It is probably not my favorite out of all of the bugs but it is ok. It cuts better than the expression (original), and prints really nice sharp images.

Just make sure you read all of the reviews regarding the imagine and not just on this board. Plus if you want printing capabilities be sure to check out all of what's available!!

HTH
Shadow Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 6:25:39 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 206 post(s)
Like others have said - check it out carefully. I have had five Imagines and just returned the last one for a refund as faulty. I won't be replacing it! If all you want it for is printed paper, check out the post above - it's much cheaper.

As has already been stated, PC are apparently discontinuing the Imagine, so it's anybody's guess what support (if any) you'll get. All I would say is that a bargain is only a bargain if you get your use out of it, also get consumables etc for it and also Ebay sellers don't offer support for their sales.

Pauline x
TammyPuckett Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 7:03:46 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 330 time(s) in 191 post(s)
I purchased my Imagine back in February & have not used it like I thought that I would. While I like the machine, I personally like my Expression best of all. I don't like the idea that PC can't seem to get their act together & make it work with the CCR like it is supposed to work. I use mine with my Gypsy mostly. With the Gypsy & as a stand alone machine it works great!

Honestly, if I had to do it over, I would not have bought it.
 1 user thanked TammyPuckett for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/17/2012(UTC)
craft-mommy Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 12:32:27 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 95 post(s)
I'm glad someone asked this question because this was my next thing to buy after I get the Gypsy because I wanted something where I was able to do more where I can print up new paper and not just keep buying paper, so this made me change my mind.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 1:22:44 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1448 time(s) in 1154 post(s)
I got my Imagine last Black Friday, and it sat under the Christmas tree for a month because my famiy would not let me open it. BigGrin

In the past couple of months, I have really started using it. It cuts beautifully! I don't know if that is the type of paper I am using, but for tiny cuts, it is amazing. I have just been using white cardstock and making the images the color I want. All parts of a project are cut on the same piece of paper! EX: I was cutting fish from LAB. I put all parts of the fish on the mat, made each cut whatever color I wanted, printed and cut. All the pieces were there ready to glue together. Just did the same thing with apples, their leaves, a basket to put them in, grass to put a round the basket, and fall leaves to sprinkle in the grass.

I haven't had any problems with my I.

I am not sure, but I think it is just speculation that the I is being discontinued. It has not been directly addresssed by ProvoCraft.
Shatril Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 2:46:10 PM(UTC)
Shatril

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Angry I've had one for a long time and it has NEVER worked right. I wouldn't waste my money. Buy something else.
LenoreSovereign Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:54:42 AM(UTC)
LenoreSovereign

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 26 post(s)
I bought my Imagine early last spring and love it. I've had no problems and found it easy to use. I love it!!! I use it for everything and can't imagine...lol...going back to my expression, I find I use my original carts more than I ever did and have been happy with the imagine cartridges. it sounds to me like PC has been good replacing faulty machines. I don't use or plan to use CCR. It works well with my gypsy too.
BarbaraTravis Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:42:47 PM(UTC)
BarbaraTravis

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 231 time(s) in 178 post(s)
I love my imagine, never had any real problems with it. However, I'm not sure I would buy one since it appears that provocraft is not producing anymore. It's going to be a large paperweight on your desk at some point. :(

Barbara
Al Sposeto Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 7:04:48 PM(UTC)
Al Sposeto

Italy

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 40 post(s)
I have 2 that I purchased used and both work flawlessly. Be aware that the I does not play well with the Cricut Craft Room but works just fine with the Gypsy. Some post that the machine is being discontinued as being a death nell for the machine, but as long as you can get ink carts and machine carts for it it will work just fine for a long time. I use mine with the regular Cricut carts a lot because I can color the pieces as I like all from white card stock. I'd say if you can find a good deal on one go for it, but be careful of some of the used ones on eBay they can have problems. I have seen some refurbished ones sold by authorized PC sellers go for as little as $99.00. I love mine and am glad I bought them.
HTH
Ciao Y'all
BJR Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 9:45:14 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
If you are thinking about one- check Hobby Lobby- call them and ask if they one left- they are $107.99 now clearanced, carts at most HL clearanced around $11- $17, I have one and found a second at a HL and went to get it and recently it was posted that PC said that you can use HP ink 97, 98 in them. So that is a plus. The I's print so nice- loved it from the start. My second I from HL came with 3 carts, did not say on box, a bonus sheet of vinyl as well. BJR.
WendyMaine Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:41:23 AM(UTC)
WendyMaine

United States

My tale is not unlike some of the others but has a happy ending. The first Imagine I bought used -- it would not cut despite hours on the phone with ProvoCraft who I thought went out of their way to be helpful. It went back to the seller. Then I bought a refurbished Imagine from an authorized PC reseller and it has worked wonderfully right out of the box. I absolutely LOVE it.
There is nothing else out there that does what this machine does. The ability to take images from regular Cricut cartridges and lay colors and patterns on them from Imagine cartridges gives you unbelievable possibilities. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!
karenwalls Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:06:20 AM(UTC)
karenwalls

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
mmm i got to say i do love my imagine... mind its taken a while to get there.. i had a machine that didnt read the original cartridges.. but once they fixed that i was good to go... ccr didnt work... but now does work with my imagine.... that happened 2 days after the gypsy i bought off someone arrived... lol.. but never mind.. i can weld.. colour flood and cut in ccr... so i am a happy bunny... then i can play with gypsy away from machine and just set it away when i get back... i would be very upset if they stop making cartridges for the imagine... i know the inks we can get from HP as i asked HP... but we dont see many of the hp 97 and hp98 in the uk... so it will still be searching for carts when these 4 sets i have and the one in the machine run out... but i must say the ones in machine has printing a bit out now and r still ok at the min... but the ones before that when i left machine to run stopped working even though they where full... but pc replaced them quick enough for me....
i love that i can use original carts and look up the grb codes for anything and match them with carts... i now have a nice collection of cartridges that are growing... i have not long gettin the JT art cartridge for the imagine and i love it... very grunge like... i only have 4 colour carts at the min.. but i do want more... but in the uk all the carts are priced high... not many places with them on sale... i would love a few more.. but will just have to keep an eye...
i am on the look out to see if i can find info about PC not doing any more carts for imagine... but havent found it yet... so i am hoping its not true... as i would be gutted...
for the price you can get imagine for now... i would consider buying another one to keep as spare.. life without the imagine just wouldnt be the same.... it would be a big loss to me now i know it and love it...
kaz_za
mickyminx Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:57:08 AM(UTC)
mickyminx

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: karenwalls Go to Quoted Post
mmm i got to say i do love my imagine... mind its taken a while to get there.. i had a machine that didnt read the original cartridges.. but once they fixed that i was good to go... ccr didnt work... but now does work with my imagine.... that happened 2 days after the gypsy i bought off someone arrived... lol.. but never mind.. i can weld.. colour flood and cut in ccr... so i am a happy bunny... then i can play with gypsy away from machine and just set it away when i get back... i would be very upset if they stop making cartridges for the imagine... i know the inks we can get from HP as i asked HP... but we dont see many of the hp 97 and hp98 in the uk... so it will still be searching for carts when these 4 sets i have and the one in the machine run out... but i must say the ones in machine has printing a bit out now and r still ok at the min... but the ones before that when i left machine to run stopped working even though they where full... but pc replaced them quick enough for me....
i love that i can use original carts and look up the grb codes for anything and match them with carts... i now have a nice collection of cartridges that are growing... i have not long gettin the JT art cartridge for the imagine and i love it... very grunge like... i only have 4 colour carts at the min.. but i do want more... but in the uk all the carts are priced high... not many places with them on sale... i would love a few more.. but will just have to keep an eye...
i am on the look out to see if i can find info about PC not doing any more carts for imagine... but havent found it yet... so i am hoping its not true... as i would be gutted...
for the price you can get imagine for now... i would consider buying another one to keep as spare.. life without the imagine just wouldnt be the same.... it would be a big loss to me now i know it and love it...
kaz_za

Hi in the UK you need 344 tri colour and 337 black (not the 377 as on the anouncement) And i did buy a spare imagine £51 which was stuck on screen, i pushed 3 buttons together connected to sync and format, restore and update, less than 10 mins to sort and an about 2 hours to fully update and in excellent working order now.

http://www.cricut.com/fo...magine-Announcement.aspx

check this out: UK is zone 2

http://reviews.ebay.co.u...B?ugid=10000000002314591

and look at these models: D2300 series s, 6940 and 6980 series s

Regards

Edited by user Thursday, October 25, 2012 12:01:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified