Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Scraprageous Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 5:51:48 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
BigGrin Whoo Hoo - Laugh Laugh I finally was able to log in. Here is the copy of the main thread for round one. After I move the other weeks to the board, I will update the links for weeks 2-9.

Thanks for your patience. So far, I do have to say this new board is much quicker and easier for me to navigate, so I hope I will be able to be over here much more often.

ARRIVALS/RECEIVED ITEMS - I will just list here rather than each individual week :) unless you send in different shipments Huh BigGrin

CANDYHAZZARD - received
CHRISTY S DT
DANIISMIMISMOMMY
ESTHERWHEAT - received
JESSICAMACDOUGAL
LBAKER - received
MIMSYMARIE - received
SCRAPRAGEOUS

Anyway - here is the original posting
I know my posts are not very high on this board - I am kind of new here, but I have been swapping for years. Started at the old CKMB, some on ISC, some on MB Buddies, some on Split Coast Stampers, Sketches 4 All, a few more places and most recently (and routinely) over at Scrapbooking Fun.Biz. If you are nervous - check out Scraprageous at some of the above sites. Check out my blog at www.scraprageous.blogspot.com if you need links to sites.

Anyway - via request, I am launching one of the largest, time wise, swaps I have ever attempted. It promises to be fun, challenging and a great way to meet some new swappers. Due to the scope, I have posted on several message boards to be sure we fill each week.

If you are still reading the details are below. If you have any questions, please be sure to ask.

52 WEEKS OF SWAPS

Description:
Yes there'll be 52 weeks of swaps offered!!! You only need to join the weeks you want to be part of, but the challenge is to do all 52 weeks! This swaps will be broken down by weeks and after creating two months worth of swaps, mail your items to me and I'll swap them out. While this is getting swapped out, everyone should be working on the upcoming weeks of swaps.

This type of swap is for avid swappers or better yet "addicted" swappers and the group sizes are limited to 8 swappers per group. You may only sign up for one spot per week (exception only, if you're taking an Angel spot).

Make items by following the guidelines, listed by each swap week.

- Bag each set separately per swapper and label all 8 bags with your: Member Name, Real Name, Group Week Number and an Email Address.
- Place all 8 bags into a gallon sized zip lock, mark on the gallon bag with the same information as your swap items bags.
- After week 8 mail to hostess with return postage, plus 3 extra postage stamps. All unused postage will be returned to you.
- NOTE for non-US shippers. I can easily change Canadian money, however, other forms of currency are difficult. Two choices - using PayPal, I can send out exact shipping fees and you can send me the US equivalent in funds to ship that way, or if you have some postcards/ticket stubs/something that depicts where you live, send those and I will cover return shipping.

Here's a bonus for you!!! Each time you enter and I receive your items by the due date you'll get your name entered into a drawing for a prize!
Example: If you join 4 of the 8 weeks your name gets put into the drawing 4 times or if you join all 8 weeks your name will be put into a drawing 8 times.

NOTE: If taking an angel spot and you already have a regular spot in that week, you'll get your name entered twice instead of once for that spot.
ROUND ONE You should be finished making all 8 weeks by 11/12/2010! Due Date:11/30/10, that should allow plenty of time for your items to reach me (even if coming from overseas), so please be on time! I'll send out my address, after all spots are filled. Only send weeks 1 - 8.....do not send other weeks that you may have finished ahead of time.

Week #1: 9/20 : Flowers Monochromatic Bazzill Swap.
- Use only Bazzill cardstock when creating your items!
- Create three flowers per swapper.
- Flowers must be layered at least 2 times with three colors per flower.
- Each flower should be at least 3" or bigger.
- Embellish at least once per flower.
- When signing up pick the color "list" you want and use at least 3 colors from that list.

Choose one color scheme:
1. Red(Maraschino, Watermelon, Flamingo, Blossom, Quartz), LBAKER
2. Violet(Velvet, Jubilee, Heidi, Rosebud, Morning Glory), CANDYHAZZARD
3. Blue(Admiral, Typhoon, Stonewash, Splash, Powder Blue), SCRAPRAGEOUS
4. Blue/Green(Jade, Blue Grass, Lagoon, Aqua, Hazel), ESTHERWHEAT
6. Beige CHRISTY S DT
6. Yellow(Amber, Desert Sun, Sunbeam, Lemonade, Chiffon), JESSICAMACDOUGAL
7. Orange(Yam, Apricot, Cantaloupe, Peach, Canvas), DANIISMIMISMOMMY
8. Red/Orange(Saltillo, Hopi, Arizona, Casa, Abode). MIMSYMARIE (Checking color choice)

Week #2: 9/27-10/1:

Use your Stash - Shades of Brown
Follow these guidelines when creating your items.
- Use only shades of brown papers. Use at least one cardstock and one patterned paper.
- All items should be layered at least twice.
- Items should be in proportion for a 12x12 page.
- Embellish each item on the below sign up list at least twice, unless it says something different.
- When signing up pick an item from the list below, that you would like to create

1. Photo Mat(larger then 6x4, if smaller make 2 per person) JESSICAMACDOUGAL
2. Journaling Item(at least 4" or larger) LBAKER
3. (3) 2x2" Deco Squares(this spot can be 1 embellishment per item) MIMSYMARIE
4. Tag(2) per person 2" or larger(if larger then 4" then 1 per person) SCRAPRAGEOUS
5. Alter Item(if smaller the 3" then 2 per person) CHRISTY S DT
6. (3) ****embled/layered Die Cuts, no plain Jane die cuts(this spot can be 1 embellishment per item) DANIISMIMISMOMMY
7. Paper piecing(larger then 4", ok to add detailing instead of embellishments) CANDYHAZZARD
8. Embellishment Bag(5 brads, 5 Buttons, 1 yard of ribbon, 5 dew drops or gems or pearls and depending on size add 1 - 5 unique items). ESTHERWHEAT

Week #3: 10/4-10/8: ATC Fall Themed Swap.
- ATC size: 3.5 x 2.5 inches – do not vary your sizing by more than 2 millimeters.
- Use either thick cardstock, chipboard, or a playing card as your base.
- Please do not have anything extend off the sides of your cards by more than ¼ inch.
- Embellish each ATC at least twice.

1. SCRAPRAGEOUS
2. DAISYISMIMISMOMMY
3. JESSICAMACDOUGAL
4. ESTHERWHEAT
5. MIMSYMARIE
6. LBAKER
7. CANDYHAZZARD
8. CHRISTY S DT

Week #4: 10/11-10/15: Flower Paper Piecing
- Use textured cardstock to create your items
- No pattern papers.
- All items should be layered with all or most it's layers.
- Items should be 6" long or wide.
- Embellish each item at least twice or add some pen/other detailing.

1. SCRAPRAGEOUS
2. DAISYISMIMISMOMMY
3. JESSICAMACDOUGAL
4. ESTHERWHEAT
5. MIMSYMARIE
6. LBAKER
7. CANDYHAZZARD
8. CHRISTY S DT

Week #5: 10/18-10/22: Graphic 45 Halloween

- Use Graphic 45 Halloween in Wonderland Papers only - no plain cs for this swap
- Embellish each item on the below sign up list at least twice, unless it says something different.
- When signing up pick an item from the list below, that you would like to create.

1. Photo Mat(larger then 6x4, if smaller make 2 per person) LBAKER
2. Journaling Item(at least 4" or larger), JESSICAMACDOUGAL
3. (3) 2x2" Deco Squares(this spot can be 1 embellishment per item), MIMSYMARIE
4. Tag(2) per person 2" or larger(if larger then 4" then 1 per person), ESTHERWHEAT
5. Alter Item(if smaller the 3" then 2 per person), CANDYHAZZARD
6. (3) ****embled/layered Die Cuts, no plain Jane die cuts(this spot can be 1 embellishment per item), CHRISTY S DT
7. You Pick(if smaller then 3", then 2 per person), DANIISMIMISMOMMY
8. File Folder(4" or larger) SCRAPRAGEOUS

Week #6: 10/25-10/29 It is an Orange, Orange World - Pumpkin Paper piecings
- Use textured cardstock to create your items
- No pattern papers.
- All items should be layered with all or most it's layers.
- All items should have a pumpkin theme (vines, pumpkins, jack-o-lanterns, pie, etc.)
- Items should be at least 6" in length or width.
- Embellish each item at least twice or add some pen/other detailing.

1. DAISYISMIMISMOMMY
2. JESSICAMACDOUGAL
3. SCRAPRAGEOUS
4. ESTHERWHEAT
5. MIMSYMARIE
6. LBAKER
7. CANDYHAZZARD
8. CHRISTY S DT

Week #7: 11/1-11/5/2010: Birthday Time
Since my ds has a birthday this week, I decided a birthday theme would be fun. Create an item with a Birthday theme.
- Use any paper that means Birthday to you. Use at least one cardstock and one patterned paper.
- When signing up pick an item from the list below, that you would like to create

1. Photo Mat(larger then 6x4, if smaller make 2 per person) DANIISMIMISMOMMY
2. Journaling Item(at least 4" or larger) CANDYHAZZARD
3. (3) 2x2" Deco Squares(this spot can be 1 embellishment per item) LBAKER
4. Tag(2) per person 2" or larger(if larger then 4" then 1 per person) MIMSYMARIE
5. Alter Item(if smaller the 3" then 2 per person) CHRISTY S DT
6. (3) ****embled/layered Die Cuts, no plain Jane die cuts(this spot can be 1 embellishment per item) ESTHERWHEAT
7. Paper piecing(larger then 4", ok to add detailing instead of embellishments) JESSICAMACDOUGAL
8. Photo Corners (2.5" diameter) - 2 per person if shaped, 4 per person if triangular. SCRAPRAGEOUS

Week #8: 11/8-11/12/2010: Keep it simple

-Create a tag for each member in the group with a Pine Tree theme. Pine trees can be summer, spring, winter or fall, but your tag must have at least one pine tree included somewhere.
-tags are to be 2.5" x 4". Please do not vary your measurements by more than 2 millimeters.
- All items should be layered at least twice (i.e. tag base and papers on top)
- Embellish each item at least twice - however, for this item, flat stickers do not count as an embellishment. Inking, embossing, stickles, brads, buttons, etc., are all types of embellishments.

1. DAISYISMIMISMOM
2. JESSICAMACDOUGAL
3. SCRAPRAGEOUS
4. ESTHERWHEAT
5. MIMSYMARIE
6. LBAKER
7. CANDYHAZZARD
8. CHRISTY S DT

Time to ship out all 8 weeks! Due Date:11/30/10, that should be plenty of time for your items to reach me, so please be on time!
On 11/30 one name will be pulled from the hat and the winner will be announced!

Round One Thread

Round two thread

Round Three Thread

Round Four Thread

Edited by user Wednesday, December 01, 2010 9:37:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CandyHazzard Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 8:09:13 AM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
JCI -
EstherWheat Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 8:18:16 AM(UTC)
EstherWheat

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 138 post(s)
JCI Thanks for getting this over here. I am loving this challenge!
DaniIsMimisMommy Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:53:34 AM(UTC)
DaniIsMimisMommy

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Checking in on the new board BigGrin
Scraprageous Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:58:57 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

love the new board so far (now that I am in BigGrin )

Just checking to see how everyone is doing. I found some great deals on paper at Scrapfest (almost two weeks ago now BigGrin)

Have a great weekend! (a bit early Flapper )
CandyHazzard Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 7:07:06 AM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

I've got the first two weeks done ... amazing for meBigGrin

For group 1, I made 3D flowers, now I'm trying to decide how to package them ... any ideas?
Scraprageous Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 8:44:29 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 3D flowers, so it would depend on the actual dimension. I have shipped quite a few things - with dimension in the mail in the padded envelopes. Hopefully everyone uses them to send their items.

Boxes are nice to keep things strong, but the do cost more to ship that way. I have received dimensional flowers in the mail in the padded envelopes and they have arrived safe and sound. Since everyone will have larger envelopes, I bet that would work - kind of pack the "flatter" swap items around them. Does that make sense?
CandyHazzard Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 11:03:18 AM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

They are roses, and almost an inch high ... I'm going to have to use something better than a padded envelope ... I think I'll wait till I have everything ready to figure something out ...
Scraprageous Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 5:14:37 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

wow - they sound beautiful! I can't wait to see them.

I finally figured out my flowers - they are fairly simple, but when I measured, they are about 1/2" high. (browns and atc's are easy for me - flowers are always a challenge) BigGrin (hint - if you want to see the style I have chosen, you can go to my blog (Scrapbooks and cows) to see. Plus the tutorial link is there as well
DaniIsMimisMommy Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 6:01:26 AM(UTC)
DaniIsMimisMommy

Checking in!!! Hi everyone! Off to catch up on what I've missed. Geez, gone for three days and I feel like it was a year!!
EstherWheat Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 9:49:44 PM(UTC)
EstherWheat

Question about Week 8. I was just getting ready to assemble my tag and realized that I may need to redo it. The dimensions in the directions are rectangular. Does the tag HAVE to be a rectangle or can it just be that size? I was using one of the shaped tags from TBBM and have it all cut but not assembled, so I can make another one if it needs to be. My pine trees are being flocked and have to dry so I won't put it together until tomorrow. Thanks, this has been so fun. I am learning lots. Am leaving the ATC until last because that one is still not in my brain yet!
EstherWheat Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:15:11 PM(UTC)
EstherWheat

Whew!!!! I have finished Group 1! I hope that I have everything like it is suppose to be. Can't wait to see everyone's items so that I can learn from you. Will mail in a few days. I want to make sure everything is good and dry. Now, where is Group #2? Bring it on!!! lol
Scraprageous Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 10, 2010 3:34:11 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

EstherWheat wrote:
Question about Week 8. I was just getting ready to assemble my tag and realized that I may need to redo it. The dimensions in the directions are rectangular. Does the tag HAVE to be a rectangle or can it just be that size? I was using one of the shaped tags from TBBM and have it all cut but not assembled, so I can make another one if it needs to be. My pine trees are being flocked and have to dry so I won't put it together until tomorrow. Thanks, this has been so fun. I am learning lots. Am leaving the ATC until last because that one is still not in my brain yet!

Sorry for delayed response - I have been at a crop (super-funLaugh Laugh Laugh )

No, it does not have to be rectangular, just want the sizes to be really similar so we don't end up with someone making 1"x2" tags, while everyone else is making 4" or larger tags. It happened to me once - I did smaller tags while others did large ones - I felt awful when swap came back and don't want anyone else in that boat. (my reasoning: It was my first tag swap and though my tags were nice, I made them the only size tag I had seen before, I didn't realize the rest were making larger tags. They were fine because I followed all the rules, but they were a lot smaller than the rest of the groups and I wished I known more.
Scraprageous Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 10, 2010 3:35:15 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

EstherWheat wrote:
Whew!!!! I have finished Group 1! I hope that I have everything like it is suppose to be. Can't wait to see everyone's items so that I can learn from you. Will mail in a few days. I want to make sure everything is good and dry. Now, where is Group #2? Bring it on!!! lol

Sounds great BigGrin BigGrin

Sent you a pm - will post when items arrive
EstherWheat Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 10, 2010 3:45:46 PM(UTC)
EstherWheat

Hope you had a blast at your Crop. I need to get to one soon. It has been too long! Thanks for the tag info. I completely understand and I appreciate your thoroughness in the instructions. I will get to the post office some time this week.
Scraprageous Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 9:48:01 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

JCI - blast at crop, though I still haven't finished unpacking Blink

working on some other projects though, so maybe I will unpack next week LOL LOL

Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday
Scraprageous Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 8:32:15 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Esther - your items arrived - WOW ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp they are wonderful! I know everyone in the group will love getting to use them.

Can't wait until the end of this group to swap everything out. However, you are ahead of me, I still don't know what I am going to do for the birthday paper piecings Unsure
EstherWheat Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:41:34 PM(UTC)
EstherWheat

Thanks. I was nervous but am glad that I am on the right track. I can't wait to see what everyone else does. Thanks for hosting!
Scraprageous Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 3:56:09 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Not sure why, but a lot of trouble getting onto and posting with this message board. Hoping it gets better soon.

Alternative contact: scraprageous@gmail.com

thanks
Scraprageous Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 12:53:19 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

JCI - how is everyone coming along? I seem to be able to get into the message board better today, so hope all is going well.

My original flowers aren't what I want to send out anymore - learned about a new one, so making some really fun new ones Love

Other than if you are re-doing a piece, we are on week #7 - Birthday Time! Planning ds's birthday this week. Luckily his favorite color is orange and he really like pirates!!! So nice to be able to get skeletons and orange stuff galore on sale this week BigGrin

Next week, just simple Pine tree tags, then time to ship. Remember, everything needs to reach me by 11/30/2010 to be included in the prize drawing :)

One other note - if you wouldn't mind, could I get email addresses? With board issues, I just had a bad feeling not being able to contact anyone. Mine is Scraprageous@gmail.com. Thanks

CandyHazzard Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 4:19:16 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

I'm not really doing things in order, but I have 5 of the first 8 weeks done ...

I'll PM you my email address ...
DaniIsMimisMommy Offline
#22 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 3:44:25 PM(UTC)
DaniIsMimisMommy

Checking in!! I'll pm you my email address as well BigGrin I'm not doing the weeks in order either, Candy Blushing I have to do thinks as the inspiration hits me or else it turns into a mini disaster! LOL
Scraprageous Offline
#23 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:22:54 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin I don't know how many of us are doing things in order. It really doesn't matter as long as all 8 groups ship out at the same time BigGrin BigGrin

Hope you are all enjoying creating - I know I am having fun.
Scraprageous Offline
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:26:18 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

CandyHazzard Offline
#25 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:13:57 AM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

My box went postal last night ... I packaged everything per person in a little box ... my solution to the 3D flower problem, and I didn't send my set, it just seemed a little silly to send it so you can send it back
Scraprageous Offline
#26 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:21:12 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Thanks for letting me know - sounds great!! Several others did the same thing. That may be a great way to go for this swap. :)

I will post when it arrives

As far as not sending your set - no big deal. I seldom send my sets either - just usually include a notecard (or paper or something) that says

Swap Placecard holder for SCREENNAME
Swap name (i.e. 52 week swap round 1)

It would be cheaper for everyone to just send their 7. Sorry - didn't think to mention earlier. So much a habit of mine these days for larger swaps that I spaced it out. Thanks for reminder BigGrin

Edited by user Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:22:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scraprageous Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 2:34:43 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Candy - your items arrived - beautiful!!!

Love your packaging :)

Have a great Thanksgiving
Scraprageous Offline
#28 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 1:45:18 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

JCI - hope you all had a wonderful Turkey Day!

So far, the ladies above listed as received are in the drawing for the RAK's that were donated by Scrapbooking Fun.biz for this swap. I just received them last week and think they will be fun to play with for your pages.

If you don't see Received by your name, please be sure to check in with this swap and let me know if your items are postal.

Thanks! Lucinda
Scraprageous Offline
#29 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 6:30:44 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Thanks for checking in :) Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well.

So far - four of these are here and I know one is postal. They are absolutely wonderful! I bet you will all really enjoy using the pieces I have seen so far.

Also - for shipping - all have come in boxes to this point, so no need to worry about how flowers will do - all will be secure.

[biggr

in]

Scraprageous Offline
#30 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 8:42:39 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Prize drawing is today after the mail arrives.

Anyone with their items in will be entered once per week into the drawing. Posting results later today.

THANKS SO MUCH to everyone who has their items in on time!!!! Swappers like you make being a hostess wonderful.

Note: If you aren't aware, this is not the only board I swap on, so being on time is really important. I plan my schedule to be able to swap out within just a few days of the end of a swap (normally 5) and if things aren't in on time, it can really cause delays. Between kids schedules and life schedule (farm one), it really, really, really is important to be on time. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS - if you know you will be delayed, let me know. I realize life stuff comes up and can usually come up with some type of accommodation (shouldn't be every time), but advance notice is extremely valuable as well as polite to the other swap members.