Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 4:27:24 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Welcome to RAQ's Card Sketch Challenge!

Everyone is welcome to join. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask

Use the sketches as inspiration. Choose one or all the sketches and please share your creations if you decide to participate

Our only rule is for you to have fun

Extra Credit: Explore your cartridges! Use a Cricut "sentiment" or "word" cut that you have NEVER used before

HAVE FUN !!!

Edited by user Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:10:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ... to delete emoticons

1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
Gisele on 10/20/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 4:43:43 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Hi everyone... I know I usually post late late Tuesday night but needed to rest last night with so many "clutz" related tiny accidents I had yesterday. My eye is doing better but let me see what a ding dong of a clutz I was yesterday to share with you all. Stubbed my left pinky toe... tripped over kiddie backpack... banged my elbow on a chair arm rest... played too hard with little one and banged up my right side ribs... ok I'll stop there! I think you all can see where this is going and what sort of day I had yesterday. LOL! Nothing bad... I was just cursed with the clutz fairy or something

These are comments for the creations I missed in the last challenge...

LisaW.: awesome layout! Love the half and half with the ribbon tying them up together

cstanzione: beautiful creations as always and you've been so busy again! Love love love your pink and purple butterfly card... gorgeous! The Halloween card is so cute, great details! Very pretty last card as well. All your wall hangings are stunning! Do you ever sleep? It would take me days to make just one of those! Beautiful job, Cindy!
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 4:46:13 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

christineramey8b61e521 wrote:
Question though guys, how can I create the who its by at the end of my card? I need to start doing that but unaware of how to do this. One thing you will learn quickly about me is that I'm am so technically challenged that it is ridiculous. I'll ask a 100 times before I can ever truly learn something new! But determined to learn it nevertheless. :)

Are you talking about the watermarks on people's images? I'm not sure about your question, however, if it is... I used Adobe Photoshop to insert those. I don't know about everyone else

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:06:42 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Ok... my first card... a bit simple but intentional

Sketch 1 with extra credit

Cartridge used: Stamping
DeeScraps Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:15:22 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 715 time(s) in 546 post(s)
Good Morning everyone. Here are this week's colors. As always, you don't have to use them but, it's fun trying to work them into your card. Just have fun!!!!

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/17/2012(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:28:49 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Hi Raquel,

Just love those designs and what a great extra credit for us all to try.

That fairy was not very nice to you yesterday, hope today is better for you. Thanks for the blog help, as you can see I managed itBigGrin Blushing .

I just love your card. Great use of the eyelets ( I have read in a few places that they are to be the new big thing) So clean are all the cuts and great colours too.

Dee - What lovely fresh colours you have chosen this week for us.

Sue

Edited by user Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:29:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:30:55 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 715 time(s) in 546 post(s)
Raquel....thanks for the great sketches and the extra credit. I'm sorry to hear about all your "little bumps." I'm so glad that the eye didn't turn out to be something serious. I speak from experience on that!

I didn't get to comment on last weeks cards, but we had some really special ones.

Cindy...I'm always amazed at your ability to produce multiple cards and items. Good luck with selling them.

Raquel....Loved your series of "Smile" cards.

Across the pond....Congratulations on your Blog.

Off to have breakfast now.

Dee
 2 users thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/17/2012(UTC), AcrossThePond on 10/18/2012(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:42:57 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Raquel, thanks for hosting! I really do like the sketches and can't wait to get started on them! Thanks for the extra push on the extra credit! Oh, so sorry to hear about your clutzy day yesterday! Sad Great sketch 1 card! I really love the added white dots to the words too! It really gave it the perfect touch!

Dee, I think I actually have those colors, but the blue in a paper! BigGrin I am so excited that I should be able to use the ad colors this time! Thanks for choosing them! ThumpUp
 1 user thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:57:15 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2584 time(s) in 1348 post(s)
Raquel - thanks for hosting, love the simplicity of the sketches. Great extra credit hmmmmm have to think about that oneBigGrin
Your sample card is fabulous!!!! I absolutely love how you used the eyelets, you may see a copycat from me on that one this week...Cool I have so many eyelets and hardly use them anymore.

Dee - thanks for the colors will have to check my papers to see what I have.

Cindy - re my 1st birthday card last week. It is not for Miss Emma but another great=granddaughter believe it or not EMMA will be two in February LOL
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:15:25 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

DeeScraps: thanks for the Ad colors. It seems I missed it by blue! LOL! I'm sure I'll find something with those colors though... they're so pretty together
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:18:19 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

AcrossThePond wrote:
Hi Raquel,

Just love those designs and what a great extra credit for us all to try.

That fairy was not very nice to you yesterday, hope today is better for you
. Thanks for the blog help, as you can see I managed itBigGrin Blushing .

I just love your card. Great use of the eyelets ( I have read in a few places that they are to be the new big thing) So clean are all the cuts and great colours too.

Dee - What lovely fresh colours you have chosen this week for us.

Sue

So far so good! No bruises yet! I just came home from taking my son for his follow up. His elbow is healing nicely and we need to see the doctor in another 3 months just to make sure it is growing properly... no problems in that department so far
SandyPalmer Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:37:07 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Raquel, glad to hear that you are having a better day today!

Ha, Ha, first to post a card besides our host, lol!Flapper I used sketch 1, but decided to go a different route then the diamond shape! I always try and think outside the box when I can! Can you tell, I knew I had these ad colors! BigGrin
SandyPalmer attached the following image(s):
01501.jpg
BingoLady Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:55:35 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 948 time(s) in 639 post(s)
Raquel thanks for the nice sketches. And Dee thanks for the colors.
Have a nice day ladies.
Suevan911 Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:46:16 AM(UTC)
Suevan911

Was thanked: 259 time(s) in 141 post(s)
RAQ
Thanks for hosting, love the sketches! I love the eyelets, with the ribbons, reminds me of little flags.

Sandy-
#1 love that you FINALLY posted first…LOL Pretty card, love the pearls and the butterfly…so delicate.

Hope to play this week, as we will be gone this weekend, doing a little shopping in Chicago. Woohooo!
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:10:48 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Raquel that is exactly what I was talking about so I'll try it with Pisca that is what I use for my photos. Also how do I get images on the boards? I've been doing a link because I couldn't find it otherwise.

Love the newcolors. . .have lots of stripped paper for this idea and scetch 1 looks good forme. Will getto it later on today. Thanks Raquel for your help. :)
britishgirl Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:20:42 AM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
here is my #2 sketch the digi is from here http://sliekje.blogspot.com/

Edited by user Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:21:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

britishgirl attached the following image(s):
this one.jpg
Suevan911 Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:44:56 PM(UTC)
Suevan911

Was thanked: 259 time(s) in 141 post(s)

Its hard to photograph white, for some reason it looks pinkish to me..be assured it isn't. :[)

Snowflake cut- Accent Essentials
Embossing on white-Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland
Border punch- MS
White satin ribbon on edge and jewels- from stash
Sei papers for snowflake

Smooch spritz on entire finished exterior card

Edited by user Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:52:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:47:11 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 927 time(s) in 597 post(s)
Raquel,
Thanks for Hosting this week and for the nice simple sketches you made for us. You are SO creative! OhMyGod Glad you survived yesterday, after all your small Booboos!
#1 - LOVE the eyelets with the ribbons, and the striped BG paper. The sentiment really pops with the addition of the white dots. Love all the colors, too!

DeeScraps,
Thanks for the nice Ad Color Challenge for this week. Will go a-hunting in my stash and see what I find!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:01:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:23:22 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Wow wow wow... great cards so far!

SandyPalmer:
wow Sandy, you got to this really fast AND tackled the Ad colors too! So so pretty, so many details I don't know where my eyes should focus on first. Beautiful job!

britishgirl: beautiful fall card and such a cute image... what great printed papers you put together so well

Suevan911:
you are using my all time favorite snowflake cut so that is an automatic love on my part... your card is so shiny! Love every bit of it

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:28:27 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

christineramey8b61e521 wrote:
Raquel that is exactly what I was talking about so I'll try it with Pisca that is what I use for my photos. Also how do I get images on the boards? I've been doing a link because I couldn't find it otherwise.

Love the newcolors. . .have lots of stripped paper for this idea and scetch 1 looks good forme. Will getto it later on today. Thanks Raquel for your help. :)

There are a few ways... you can attach them as a file or you can use the "insert image" option

Attach as a file:

When you are posting, click on the "Attach files to this post?" check box on the bottom left of your screen. After you hit "Post" it will open up a window to allow you to attach your images

Insert Image:
When you are posting, click on the "insert image" icon above (the box with the mountain and sun on it) and it will open up a window for you to put a URL. I use Photobucket, I'm not sure what you'll be using if you go with this option

I hope this answered your question... if not, let me know
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:38:06 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Okay I see the attach files to post button at the very far left corner. Thanks. I'll try that when I'm finished. Trying to work all colors in as we speak. :) Thanks for your help.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:06:35 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2584 time(s) in 1348 post(s)
Holy Cow BigGrin you ladies are really on it this week! Already so many cards.

Sandy - great job thinking outside the box, I love the stamped image and that butterfly is gorgeous where is it from?

Britishgirl - what a darling image so cute, love the papers you used and the leaves are perfect.

Suevan - OOOO! So pretty I love snowflakes, so sparkly

Well I did not even get in my craft room todayCursing Cursing Went and bought a new TV for our bedroom and had to do some modification to our entertainment center. Not that I could do muchSad but I hung in there and helped when I could Laugh Then I had physical therapy (at home)then back to helping out again. When it was all done I had to call the cable company and getting it all working. We are good to go nowLaugh Laugh
Now since it is after 5:00 pm it is time to go sit out on the front deck and watch the baseball game and enjoy a glass of WINEBigGrin ThumpUp Tongue or twoWink Unsure
Then tomorrow is not looking too good either have to to my BILs and help gt his wireless printer set up.

Gisele Offline
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:50:35 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
RAQ – thanks hosting and for the wonderful handmade sketches – love them! Poor you and your unfortunate day of “klutz”. Hope yesterday was better! Your sketch #1 “missing you” card is gorgeous! The eyelets with the ribbon is such a nice touch!

Dee great ad colours! Thanks! Hope to use them on one sketch!

Christineramey – I use Paint to add in my watermark of my name.

Sue - Acrossthepond – Congratulations - I will stop by on your blog on the weekend. Mine is quite outdated but hope to fix that in the coming weeks!

Cindy – beautiful creations for last week!

Sandy – beautiful card in the ad colours and it’s always nice that you add your own touch to the design.

Britishgirl – wonderful sketch #2 and cute fall image! Love the leaves!

Suevan – beautiful white snowflake card! It is hard some time to get the colours right when taking a photo. Love the embossed snowflakes and little gems that you added!

Donna – it sure is a busy week for you outside of your craftroom. Hope you enjoyed the wine last night!

Have a great day - hope to get to my craftroom tonight or on the weekend!
 2 users thanked Gisele for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/18/2012(UTC), AcrossThePond on 10/18/2012(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:22:13 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Britishgirl, I just love your fall card! Love the leaves on both sides too! Gave it the perfect touch!

Suevan, lovely snowflake card! I love how you layered the snowflake! Love the patterned paper on it as well! Love all the little diamond gems too!

Donna, The butterfly I used was a Cheery Lynn die! http://shop.sweetstamps.com/DL1...s-Die-set-of-3-dl112.htm
#25 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:09:57 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Originally Posted by: Gisele Go to Quoted Post
RAQ – thanks hosting and for the wonderful handmade sketches – love them! Poor you and your unfortunate day of “klutz”. Hope yesterday was better! Your sketch #1 “missing you” card is gorgeous! The eyelets with the ribbon is such a nice touch!

Dee great ad colours! Thanks! Hope to use them on one sketch!

Christineramey – I use Paint to add in my watermark of my name.

Sue - Acrossthepond – Congratulations - I will stop by on your blog on the weekend. Mine is quite outdated but hope to fix that in the coming weeks!

Cindy – beautiful creations for last week!

Sandy – beautiful card in the ad colours and it’s always nice that you add your own touch to the design.

Britishgirl – wonderful sketch #2 and cute fall image! Love the leaves!

Suevan – beautiful white snowflake card! It is hard some time to get the colours right when taking a photo. Love the embossed snowflakes and little gems that you added!

Donna – it sure is a busy week for you outside of your craftroom. Hope you enjoyed the wine last night!

Have a great day - hope to get to my craftroom tonight or on the weekend!

#26 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:11:53 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Is that Paint.net or .com?
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#27 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:16:30 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Gisele wrote:

Oh I have those once in a great while! Also, thanks for correcting my typo! Hah hah! So, that's how you spell "klutz"
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#28 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:18:05 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Good morning everyone!

I'm logging in from Tire Kingdom while I wait for my car... they are checking my breaks
AcrossThePond Offline
#29 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:19:37 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Raquel - Afraid no cards ready yet as I have been playing with my blogBlushing Blushing . Thanks to everyone who has stopped by already. Now I have one and had some help with doing stuff on it I will be able to follow easily other on their blogs. I tell you I must have been driving Sandy mad with it over the last few daysBlushing Blushing "thanks chuck" (Wallace speakLOL )

It is my sons birthday next week so I have been out gift shopping this morning but I did get round to make his card this afternoon when I got back. No photo yet, need to wait for DH to take a good one.

Btw Raquel I made Shepherds Pie for tea on Monday, it was lovely and warming just what we needed as it had been cold all day.

NanaDonna - like the sound of the glass of wine on the deck, just up my street. Do you have red in too?

I see some great cards already but I will have to comment tomorrow now as its work tonight and I still need to make their pack-ups for tomorrow. So catch you all then.

Sue

P.S. Hope your car is OK again Raquel?
britishgirl Offline
#30 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:43:59 AM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
here is my take on sketch #1 i think most of you know i love doing black and white and this just screamed B&W I used Storybook for the center parts and an MS punch for the border

Edited by user Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:45:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

britishgirl attached the following image(s):
IMG_0716.JPG