Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Spookysnip Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 4:18:48 PM(UTC)
Spookysnip

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 49 post(s)
I'm trying to do a Fit To Page of an image with layers. I put the shadow layer on my mat (my size was 2.50 at this point) and then clicked the Fit to page button. When I check the size of the shadow layer, it tells me the is size is 2.50 (should be a bigger number than that. Then if I click the save button it makes the size small again. It's suppoesed to tell me what size the image when fit to page is on, but it's not working.

(I'm following this youtube video exactly and I can't get it to show me the Fit To Page size: http://www.youtube.com/w...edded&v=Q-cStNr-8uI#!

Do I need to update my E2 or is something else wrong? I can do a video to show what is going on if need be.
 1 user thanked Spookysnip for this useful post.
ssharp11d5c1f11b on 11/4/2012(UTC)
GayleWheaton1 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 1:03:27 PM(UTC)
GayleWheaton1

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Hi Spookysnip!
I just watched the video & tried to leave a comment, but I wanted to change my name & the screen froze on me - it was a nice name, honest!
They used an awful example that was useless!!!!Glare He did a number with a shadow - well, as you know, every time you change a size, the next item put on your mat will be the same size as the previous one!! He acted surprised that going into the Editor screen gave him the same size, too!!Blink And, he even seemed to expect that he'd be able to make the NEW item 11.19 - even when you change your defualt size increments, you can only go by .10"
See note, below, for a multi-step way to get the same size, though!

IMHO, they should have used a more 'normal' layered image (you know, with different colors that will fit onto a solid background...). Here's the way, I'd do it:
* Pick the largest image [shadow or solid base if it doesn't have a shadow]; use the fit to page button and then go into the Edit Screen & see what the size of your object is [this is where he stopped]; now change your size to one you can duplicate - like 11.00". Jot this down so that if you want to cut other items on the same mat/paper [I personally like to cut more than 1 item on a mat before I have to change colors!]. Remember to turn off the Fit to Page Icon!
* When you are ready to cut one of the layers, first call up the shadow/base & edit the size to what you wrote down; then add your layer (& check to be sure it's the same size). At this point, you can Back Space to erase the shadow/base and place the layer on your mat, and also the other layers if you have room to put another color on your mat.

*** If you really, really want it every bit as big as you can get it. Here's what I'd suggest: [I do this when needed with my E & see no reason why it wouldn't work with the E2]
* Go through the steps to find the Fit 2 Page size, but, now go back home and go to the 'Machine Settings' Icon (Settings Screen #3) and you can change the increments of your sizes from the 1/4" that is the default to 'mm'. Do that and then go back Home & to your shadow/base & tap on the Image Editor icon. The size will [should] give you the dimension on the image in mm - which you can jot down for the other layers if you'll cut them later (see above).

Sorry this was so long, but I get kind of irritated with the PC instructions sometimes!Glare Flapper
Hope this helped!BigGrin
 2 users thanked GayleWheaton1 for this useful post.
ssharp11d5c1f11b on 11/4/2012(UTC), Spookysnip on 2/15/2013(UTC)