Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Coesa Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:17:46 PM(UTC)
Coesa

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 120 post(s)
I have looked at a bunch of the auctions listed by taymeag2010 and I think they are cheating people by using some kind of bidding system. There is a bidder in all there auctions 0***m that always bids but never wins! But get this all the bids that I looked at just today were made the same day AT THE EXACT SAME TIME!! So how can that be??? I say shame on PC for running up the bids on there auctions! I have bought many cartridges from them, but had noticed that the prices seemed to be getting higher and now I see this! It just isn't right!
 1 user thanked Coesa for this useful post.
scrapluvnsherry on 10/18/2012(UTC)
Debbie10 Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:21:30 PM(UTC)
Debbie10

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
You can report your suspicions to ebay.
Soshescraps Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:13:37 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Was thanked: 1112 time(s) in 881 post(s)
I am going to have to look into this. WOW I hope it isn't true. If so, that's just sad.
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:18:26 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19136 time(s) in 8557 post(s)
It's not true.

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Those bidder IDs are assigned by ebay to keep the privacy of the bidder(s) real ebay usernames confidential. Only the seller can see all the real names. Each bidder can see only their own. A few years ago, some sellers were using ebay to find buyers for their own items based on those that bid on similar items and contacting them outside of the ebay system to avoid paying ebay fees. So, ebay changed to an anonymous bidder system.
scrapluvnsherry Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:24:11 PM(UTC)
scrapluvnsherry

United States

Was thanked: 277 time(s) in 194 post(s)
Yes,I have seen O***M bidding all the time. I checked this persons "history" sort of speak,not sure exactly what section it is called,and she has many retractions!! I've always felt this person was working for "taymeag2010" as well,just to up the bids to a certain amount! It has really irritated me to no end,but didn't know what to do about it. I believe there are others as well doing this.

So I'm so happy to see that you have noticed this and hoping we can find out what is going on with "O***M"!!
beautifulbirdie Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:37:22 PM(UTC)
beautifulbirdie

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
It's not true.

I always thought that as well. But based on this post I went and looked. 0***m has more than 18,000 bids, with 85% of those with taymeag. That is a lot of bids!! And it looks like the bids were in the past 30 days!? That said, I've always been very happy with taymeag auctions and have gotten some great deals.

Edited by user Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:42:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NJsharon Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:44:46 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 248 post(s)
Sure looks a little fishy to me!

How can we report them though if we cannot see the whole username of that particular bidder?
I see their history & yeah, 85% of their bids are with tagmeag. Something is up!

everettmom Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:46:27 PM(UTC)
everettmom

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Most of my carts come from that same seller- I hope that isn't the case. I've gotten carts pretty cheap from them, so i would never even suspect that was happening
beautifulbirdie Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:46:54 PM(UTC)
beautifulbirdie

It is actually pretty easy to figure out who the bidder is most likely by looking at Taymeag's feedback. There is a winner with the same feedback score. I wonder if this is someone who tries to buy from taymeag cheap and resells (as they do sell cricut things)
jscraftylady Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:57:50 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2345 time(s) in 1260 post(s)
This buyer seems to buy many multiples. Either it's fishy or she/he resells.
everettmom Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:02:24 PM(UTC)
everettmom

They have a few buyers that buy mulitples of the same carts- i've seen those buyers relist as sellers.. I don't have nearly as much feedback as the person in question, but you can bet 80% of my purchases are from them. I think it just maybe someone that has their own ebay business, and the the probably resell as a buy it now price.. memorymiser is a good example of one of this
beautifulbirdie Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:07:30 PM(UTC)
beautifulbirdie

I think they are legit. Didn't take too much sleuthing on my part. Looks like they resell, especially on craigslist. I'm surprised you can make money that way! I am just not much of a risk taker.
everettmom Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:08:31 PM(UTC)
everettmom

maybe i should think of a career change..lol
jscraftylady Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:10:49 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: beautifulbirdie Go to Quoted Post
I think they are legit. Didn't take too much sleuthing on my part. Looks like they resell, especially on craigslist. I'm surprised you can make money that way! I am just not much of a risk taker.

I saw that. I am also surprised you can make any money like that. This buyer consistently pays more than I would ever pay for most of those carts. I am shocked she can find buyers who will pay even more than that.
SkyCandy Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:50:05 PM(UTC)
SkyCandy

United States

Was thanked: 334 time(s) in 248 post(s)
Originally Posted by: beautifulbirdie Go to Quoted Post

Good to know that Nancy Drew, thanks.

MarleneO Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:04:16 PM(UTC)
MarleneO

United States

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 80 post(s)
I think you are absolutely correct! 18857 bids in the last 30 days - THAT'S over 628 bids PER DAY! And I don't see where they are winning any of those auctions - SO that means it is just doing it to increase the price! DEPSICABLE! (sp?)
curious george II Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:41:03 PM(UTC)
curious george II

United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Coesa Go to Quoted Post
I have looked at a bunch of the auctions listed by taymeag2010 and I think they are cheating people by using some kind of bidding system. There is a bidder in all there auctions 0***m that always bids but never wins! But get this all the bids that I looked at just today were made the same day AT THE EXACT SAME TIME!! So how can that be??? I say shame on PC for running up the bids on there auctions! I have bought many cartridges from them, but had noticed that the prices seemed to be getting higher and now I see this! It just isn't right!

I thought I was the only one that saw 0***m on four of my auctions this week with taymeag2010 and they didn't win not one of those auctions either. They don't have to worry about me bidding from her any more three bids this week since Sunday were for Hello Kitty Greetings in clamshells and I am also trying to figure out where she (taymeag2010) is getting so many clamshell Hello Kitty's from especially when there are no more being sold by PC, that is what i find suspicious. It is also suspicious that right after someone buys these from taymeag2010 that a pair of Hello Kitty Greetings and Hello Kitty are being sold for over $300.00. Whoever and whatever is going on they need to be ashamed of themselves for trying to run a racket. People are starting to get hip to the rip off especially when these cart are going for almost $200.00 a piece. I refuse to pay over $100.00 for any cart that is out of publication.

Curious II
curious george II Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:45:14 PM(UTC)
curious george II

United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Originally Posted by: everettmom Go to Quoted Post
Most of my carts come from that same seller- I hope that isn't the case. I've gotten carts pretty cheap from them, so i would never even suspect that was happening

It is only for the cart that are no longer being published by PC like the Hello Kitty cartridges, Mickey Fonts, and other of those caliber. . . the high end ones.
JanisD Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:13:24 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
Originally Posted by: curious george II Go to Quoted Post
I thought I was the only one that saw 0***m on four of my auctions this week with taymeag2010 and they didn't win not one of those auctions either. They don't have to worry about me bidding from her any more three bids this week since Sunday were for Hello Kitty Greetings in clamshells and I am also trying to figure out where she (taymeag2010) is getting so many clamshell Hello Kitty's from especially when there are no more being sold by PC, that is what i find suspicious. It is also suspicious that right after someone buys these from taymeag2010 that a pair of Hello Kitty Greetings and Hello Kitty are being sold for over $300.00. Whoever and whatever is going on they need to be ashamed of themselves for trying to run a racket. People are starting to get hip to the rip off especially when these cart are going for almost $200.00 a piece. I refuse to pay over $100.00 for any cart that is out of publication.

Curious II

FYI- she "taymeag2010" is PC. By looking through this thread, I'd say we have our own Cricut Spy Club going on. :)
 2 users thanked JanisD for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 10/19/2012(UTC), JeannieMS on 12/22/2012(UTC)
Coesa Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:40:08 PM(UTC)
Coesa

United States

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 120 post(s)
I see people saying it isn't true and sticking up for PC but no one is telling me how one person can bid on so many auctions at the EXACT TIME! How can you put in a bid on all those auctions at the same split second? I looked into their buying and I see that on all the pages I looked at there was 1 auction that was not taymeag2010. I still think this is very fishy and that PC is using taymeag2010 and 0***m as seller/buyers. And I don't believe that 0***m is different people because I have been watching this and all of the listings for that buyer have the same number of feedback. So they are selling on Craigslist?? That doesn't mean that it is not a shill for them.

1 user thanked Coesa for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 12/27/2012(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#21 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 12:42:44 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
Auction sniper software.
 2 users thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 10/19/2012(UTC), Scrapperdee on 12/27/2012(UTC)
Calmom Offline
#22 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 1:01:07 AM(UTC)
Calmom

Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)

It is called Shill Bidding and Ebay does not allow it but it happens all the time on Ebay. You just have to be smart enough not to fall for it but unfortunately, some do. You can report anyone who you suspect is Shill Bidding to Ebay.

Shill bidding happens when anyone—including family, friends, roommates, employees, or online connections—bids on an item with the intent to artificially increase its price or desirability.

1 user thanked Calmom for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 12/27/2012(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#23 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 3:16:43 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Was thanked: 6913 time(s) in 2814 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post
Auction sniper software.

I didn't even know they made such software.

This explanation makes the most sense as to why the bids were exactly the same time.
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9 Offline
#24 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 4:35:18 AM(UTC)
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 93 post(s)
If you look at were the carts and other cricut items are coming from i would say that all the stuff that taymeg is selling is just another name for pc to be able to sell them on ebay without them saying who they realy are . i looked at these the other week when i wanted to buy the hello kitty cart that is not ment to be being made any more but it is intresting at how many new ones they had for sale . i was not prepared to pay the silly ebay prices and then even more to ship it to the uk , but on a lot of there auctions it says only to us customers . i agree with JD that there is a spy in the house seeing what people are after then offering them for sale . all it needs is everyone to report them to ebay about the bidding, the more that report they might do something to look into what they are up to
beautifulbirdie Offline
#25 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 4:43:40 AM(UTC)
beautifulbirdie

I see people saying it isn't true and sticking up for PC but no one is telling me how one person can bid on so many auctions at the EXACT TIME! How can you put in a bid on all those auctions at the same split second? I looked into their buying and I see that on all the pages I looked at there was 1 auction that was not taymeag2010. I still think this is very fishy and that PC is using taymeag2010 and 0***m as seller/buyers. And I don't believe that 0***m is different people because I have been watching this and all of the listings for that buyer have the same number of feedback. So they are selling on Craigslist?? That doesn't mean that it is not a shill for them.

You're right. It doesn't mean they aren't a shill. I just said I think they are legit because there is a lot of personably identifiable info about them out there, but anyone has doubts feel free to report to ebay. As jscraftlady said, I wouldn't pay the prices they have on carts. It is a LOT of bids. And no, I do NOT think it's different people. It is one person. You can easily see who it is by looking at taymeag's feedback. As for bids at the same time, yes, there is software for sniping.
beautifulbirdie Offline
#26 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 4:46:34 AM(UTC)
beautifulbirdie

Oh, and also: Taymeag has Pink Journey for $14.99 free shipping buy it now. Just snatched 1 of 31 up. :)
Karen McPaters Offline
#27 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 5:03:59 AM(UTC)
Karen McPaters

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I recently won an auction from "taymeag2010 using pay pal ladies and my bank identified the sale as a provo craft merchant. IS P.C. selling them on EBAY AS WELL? HMMM. also keep an eye on the sender info on the packaging ... I'm suspisious !

I'm wondering why am I a circle member again.
Certainly no perks after only one cart a year. 10 % and no shipping. WE had to chose from carts that were alvaible to the public and an exclusive Cart which was pretty was ugly as the out of Character cart. (just my opinion ) My thought is I can get the carts cheaper on ebay and as well a Michael's and Joann. using discounts etc.

I see Provo Craft really working hard to redevelop the brand,BUT I FEEL THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN who it was that had gotten them where they are today !
 1 user thanked Karen McPaters for this useful post.
JeannieMS on 12/22/2012(UTC)
troymimi75dc940a6f Offline
#28 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 5:33:47 AM(UTC)
troymimi75dc940a6f

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I have purchased many carts from them and never had any problems. I don't know if that is what they are doing but it is not like you are going to find carts anyplace else at that price. If "they" bid the price up to high (if that is even what they are doing) I just won't buy them and will wait for another to come up.
jscraftylady Offline
#29 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 7:15:33 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

First, we have known for a long time that taymeag2010 is Provocraft. Second, there are applications out there that make this kind of automatic bidding really easy. I have an app that would (if I wanted to) allow me to bid say $10 on every taymeag2010 auction at the same time or when each auction had only a few seconds left.
lauraa Offline
#30 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 7:39:42 AM(UTC)
lauraa

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 196 post(s)
I bought something from them once and got a good deal/service. Probably not a "desirable" cartridge.
I think it stinks if there's software out there that can do that, but really I should've known. It seems like there's an entire disgruntled population of computer people who's sole mission in life is develop software that cheats, lies, or steals. If only those brains could go into something more productive, like how to get my gypsy to work. LOL!
 1 user thanked lauraa for this useful post.
Moxy77 on 10/19/2012(UTC)