Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LJ Raiche Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 4:53:13 PM(UTC)
LJ Raiche

Groups: Registered

I have owned my E2 for almost a year now and do not use it like I should as I get so frustrated with it. When I go to change sizes or try and delete anything it takes me multiple times for the machine to realize I touched that letter or will continue to go to the wrong letters. Makes me wish I would have just bought the cricut expression as I had the mini cricut expression and didn't have troubles with that. Any suggestions? I've tried calibrating it multiple times and then resetting it with cricut support and it seemed to work for one cut and then went back to acting up. Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?
PaperKrafter4Life Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 6:23:24 PM(UTC)
PaperKrafter4Life

United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 141 post(s)
sorry you are having so much trouble, seems to be a frequent problem with the E2- hopefully they will get it fixed. I still just have Expression(s) and am staying that way.

Edited by user Friday, October 19, 2012 6:24:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: typo

gm5casey593656ad Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 7:50:23 AM(UTC)
gm5casey593656ad

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
So sorry you are having problems. I started with the personal cutter 3 or 4 years ago but didnt get into it much. pulled it out last year before the holidays and became obsessed! So in that time I got an Imagine for xmas, but returned it by Feb. for problems. Got an E2 then, but returned it by April because of problems. I got a Gypsy in January and used it with all the machines. I love the G! if I had to use the I and the E2 without it, I never would have used them as long as I did. After returning the E2, I got an Expression and I have been a HAPPY CAMPER ever since! No problems!! Use it with the G and without!! I personally think it is the best of them. So easy. You can't go wrong! So, I hope this helps if you decide to make a change!
CricutGena Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 8:52:24 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: laceyraicheeb04ed3b Go to Quoted Post
I have owned my E2 for almost a year now and do not use it like I should as I get so frustrated with it. When I go to change sizes or try and delete anything it takes me multiple times for the machine to realize I touched that letter or will continue to go to the wrong letters. Makes me wish I would have just bought the cricut expression as I had the mini cricut expression and didn't have troubles with that. Any suggestions? I've tried calibrating it multiple times and then resetting it with cricut support and it seemed to work for one cut and then went back to acting up. Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Hello laceyraicheeb04ed3b! The Expression 2 is a great machine and we would love to help you! It sounds like there is a very simple fix to your issue. You probably just need to re-calibrate the screen:)To do this please turn on your machine and then click on the wrench icon. then arrow over until you see an icon with a paper, an x and a stylus. Click on this icon and it will start a calibration process. Just remember to click on the very center of the cross-hairs. If you can not reach this icon you can also try to re calibrate by turning off the Expression 2 then holding the Zoom+Pause+Power buttons until arriving at a rainbow screen. Release the buttons and the Expression 2 will power up and go directly to the screen calibration. Complete the calibration.
I hope that this helps, if you need additional help please cal our Customer Care Center at 877-7cricut, we would love to help you over the phone! Our hours are 7-6 Monday through Friday MST.
-PCGena
 1 user thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
LJ Raiche on 10/20/2012(UTC)
LJ Raiche Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 6:12:21 PM(UTC)
LJ Raiche

Thank you. PC, I have already recalibrated it several times and have also spoke with customer support and they helped me reset it, which it worked for a cut and then was acting up again. I am going to continue to play with it and call customer service to see what more they can do for me as well. Hoping I can get it figured out so I can actually enjoy using it and getting all the benefits out of it that I should be.
CricutGena Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 7:38:24 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Thank you. PC, I have already recalibrated it several times and have also spoke with customer support and they helped me reset it, which it worked for a cut and then was acting up again. I am going to continue to play with it and call customer service to see what more they can do for me as well. Hoping I can get it figured out so I can actually enjoy using it and getting all the benefits out of it that I should be.

Lacey- Please keep us in the loop, we definitely want you to love your machine!
-PCGena
LJ Raiche Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 7:50:05 PM(UTC)
LJ Raiche

Well I tried it again a few minutes ago and still had the same problems. I went and recalibrated it again and it still did not work. It has trouble detecting my letters when they are small. I was using 1 inch and 3/4 inch letters and it has a hard time getting the one I am touching. I especially notice it in the left upper corner of the screen with my first letter. Any more suggestions?
LJ Raiche Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:15:24 PM(UTC)
LJ Raiche

I've tried it again and it seems to be working better, finally! Hopefully I'll finally get to use it like it should be!
KariForrest Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:38:51 AM(UTC)
KariForrest

I've tried it again and it seems to be working better, finally! Hopefully I'll finally get to use it like it should be!

I've been experiencing the same issue. What did you have to do to fix it? I just received mine yesterday, and tried to re-calibrate it as well. Did the fix resolve the problem for good or is it still occurring every now and then?

Thanks,
Kari

(You would think there would be some type of testing of the machine before it goes out the door given the price point). :-) Angry
LJ Raiche Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 1:26:28 PM(UTC)
LJ Raiche

Hey, have you tried recalibrating it by as PCGena suggested for me:

re calibrate by turning off the Expression 2 then holding the Zoom+Pause+Power buttons until arriving at a rainbow screen. Release the buttons and the Expression 2 will power up and go directly to the screen calibration. Complete the calibration.

Also, I didn't realize there was a stylus until a few weeks ago either so I think that was part of the problem as well, but it appears to be working now. Hoping to use it again this weekend. Hope this helps.