Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
expressoyourself2e6b4f754 Offline
#31 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:56:09 AM(UTC)
expressoyourself2e6b4f754

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thank you Nathan for update. I look at it as a positive step forward of action is being taken to correct issues for customers. BigGrin And more yet to come!

I do agree with frustrated customers - if an update ruins their property or the one that damages the property is responsible to fix or replace it. The principle of things. I do hope something is done for these poor people. I can't imagine their frustration.

I personally have been very pleased with my machines and overall experience with PC and feel confident that they will work hard to correct past issues to make customers happy. BigGrin
 3 users thanked expressoyourself2e6b4f754 for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 10/24/2012(UTC), loisglossip82c86459 on 10/24/2012(UTC), amerrick14ed05f7 on 10/25/2012(UTC)
CherylfromOz Offline
#32 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:33:02 PM(UTC)
CherylfromOz

Australia

Was thanked: 249 time(s) in 154 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cdmom2004 Go to Quoted Post
Decisions like this are the reason I have decided to not buy anymore Cricut products. My gypsy died from the black screen of death, which was caused by a "KNOWN" defect in one of the updates I did. PCs response to not support the gypsys past their warranty, even tho their update caused the death of many gyspy's is beyond belief. I have not bought any PC products since my gypsy died last summer and I am planning now to move to a different machine, the Cameo by another company.

Go ahead, PC, keep treating your loyal customers this way and see how long you stay in business.

and because of this they must work out a way to unlink the carts, I have bought 2 gypsies and will not be buying a 3rd, I want the option of selling my carts if I want to (not that I will, I love my collection LOL )
BJR Offline
#33 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:09:08 PM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
I have to say its about time PC stated what we already knew. But the answers as to what support means- I too have not updated due to the scare of what the updates have done to machines. I have my original machine that is out of warranty I believe- just to keep using it you say I have no choice but to update it to stay a stand alone machine- I do not want to link it to CCR- or update it to CCR- as CDS was all that I wanted, so why does it take an update to use the inks- or can you use a specific one? If I do the update and it sinks my machine what recourse are you offering to your customers as it is your company is requiring us to do so? These along with the other unanswered questions people here have posted require a definite answer. These machines are not very old, they should work, function to their full capability! Please respond. I have too many $$ invested. I want to use all my mahcines. BJR.
coolmom Offline
#34 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:18:51 PM(UTC)
coolmom

Was thanked: 148 time(s) in 96 post(s)
I for one am so sad. I love my Imagine so much that I have two of them. I joined Cricut when they launched the original way back in 2006 and have been a big fan ever since. I own over 200 cartridges a baby bug 2 expressions a E2, 2 Imagines, a gypsy, a cricut cake, a yudo, 2 your story machines, I was one of the first to join the Circle and renewed the first time.
Months ago when rumors started that they were going to dits the imagine I left them. I did not rejoin the Circle. I have not bought a Provo Craft product since then and I don't plan to again. The whole company outlook has changed. They have left all of us behind for the craft room. They really have taken away our choices and given us CC in place.
Funny that I wandered into the MB today. I have not been here for months. Well to all my friend on the boards I wish a finally tearful goodbye. It as been fun. And I m really sad that it had to end.
Goodbye.
 2 users thanked coolmom for this useful post.
CherylfromOz on 10/24/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC)
AngelaMcLean1 Offline
#35 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:40:43 PM(UTC)
AngelaMcLean1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 278 time(s) in 175 post(s)
WE just want to be able to have access to the many carts we've already linked to our gypsy's to be able to access straight to the replacement technology - why are us, the original supporters of PC, being penalized like this? Why cannot the carts we've linked to Gypsy simply be transferred automatically to our CCR accounts?

p.s mega fed up that the Imagine did not live up to the hype, given that I also bought at full price. I just want my carts back.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:43:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users thanked AngelaMcLean1 for this useful post.
loisglossip82c86459 on 10/24/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/27/2012(UTC), Sojourne on 10/31/2012(UTC), StephSBushbe2ccfa4 on 1/13/2013(UTC)
Berthaalvarez1 Offline
#36 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:20:31 PM(UTC)
Berthaalvarez1

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Although, we already expected they were going to discontinue the Imagine and Cake machine, it is very depressing to me.

I love my Imagine and although at first I was intimidated by it, I was very determine to make it work from the beginning. I never gave up if I was having any problems with update like other customers did. I am very depress that no more cartridges will be done for this machine. I fell like I have wasted my hard earn money on something that is not going to be any good to me after it breaks. I can't even go and purchase another so if I have all this cartridges and my machine breaks I am out of more funds.

I have the cake machine and although I haven't use it too much I plan to us it. At least the cartridges are good in my Expression.

I was taught by my first job - telephone company that customers were first. I don't see this happening here. We are just pushed aside and forgotten. I feel like a step child.

I do hope Provocraft come up for something for all their customer that believe in them and believe in the product. Is very hard to want to spend anymore money on these products.

1 user thanked Berthaalvarez1 for this useful post.
denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC)
loisglossip82c86459 Offline
#37 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:05:17 PM(UTC)
loisglossip82c86459

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
Nathan, thank you so much for the information! I am one of those lucky ones who has a love affair with my Imagine. It has worked perfectly since I got it set up last winter.

I always wanted a cake machine, but just never purchased.

It would be lovely, if soon, you could address the Gypsy rumors. I LOVE my Gypsy, and use her constantly. I jus created my Christmas cards with her. I will not use CCR as my computer lives in one room and my Cricut machines (I have three of them) live in another room.

But I LOVE MY GYPSY!!! Love

And I see the smiley' are back!!!!!!!!!!! Love Love Love

My gypsy crashed after an update, and no support from PC at all. I am very disappointed with this company.
 1 user thanked loisglossip82c86459 for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/26/2012(UTC)
#38 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:08:20 PM(UTC)
loisglossip82c86459

Originally Posted by: BJR Go to Quoted Post
I have to say its about time PC stated what we already knew. But the answers as to what support means- I too have not updated due to the scare of what the updates have done to machines. I have my original machine that is out of warranty I believe- just to keep using it you say I have no choice but to update it to stay a stand alone machine- I do not want to link it to CCR- or update it to CCR- as CDS was all that I wanted, so why does it take an update to use the inks- or can you use a specific one? If I do the update and it sinks my machine what recourse are you offering to your customers as it is your company is requiring us to do so? These along with the other unanswered questions people here have posted require a definite answer. These machines are not very old, they should work, function to their full capability! Please respond. I have too many $$ invested. I want to use all my mahcines. BJR.

My gypsy crashed after an update, the only recourse PC offered me was that I could buy a new one and they would link my carts to it from my old gypsy. I am very disappointed with this company.
 1 user thanked loisglossip82c86459 for this useful post.
CherylfromOz on 10/28/2012(UTC)
#39 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:12:14 PM(UTC)
loisglossip82c86459

Originally Posted by: CherylfromOz Go to Quoted Post
and because of this they must work out a way to unlink the carts, I have bought 2 gypsies and will not be buying a 3rd, I want the option of selling my carts if I want to (not that I will, I love my collection LOL )

My gypsy also died after an update. The only support offered was to buy a new gypsy and send it along with my dead one and they would transfer my carts. Unbelievable!!!!
Mema Offline
#40 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:20:28 PM(UTC)
Mema

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 59 post(s)
I am devastated about this news. I LOVE my imagine and find I use it more than any other machine I own.Except for the mini, I have them all! I love the more artistic carts such as Lori's Garden and find the pattern carts so versatile with my other carts. I was really hoping you would come out with more. Although you are correct that you can use them in some of the other machines (E2) the pattern carts will be useless without the Imagine. This is of great concern to me especially if the Imagine is no longer going to be produced. I really don't want to purchase a refurbished one if this one stops working and quite frankly, I would not be inclined to invest in another machine until it is tested over and over again before being put on the market. So, my question Nathan is this: What do we do with the pattern carts if the Imagine is no longer working? Does PC have a plan for this other than ANOTHER machine??? I am so disappointed I just want to cry!!!!!!
LazyBee Offline
#41 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:33:04 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

United States

Was thanked: 638 time(s) in 305 post(s)
Wow finally the truth comes out. It suprises me that people feel the need to thank Nathan when from my perspective he has repeatedly misled us as to the outcome regarding the Imagine and Gypsy. Where I come from that is lying and I can't condone it. As late as 3 days ago even PC Gena came out and told a customer on this board that the Imagine had not been discontinued. Yet when you call customer service ans asked directly you would get a variety of answers weeks and even several months back that they were not allowed to comment even when they knew what was going on. So please don't flame me...we are all entitltled to our opinions. That being said..I'm really irritated by this announcement. I love my Imagine like many others and have a great deal of money invested in it and the cartridges. I feel as though this announcement is just more double speak in regards to supporting and providing content. On one hand no new carts, but they will continue to have new content? Double speak... Digital is the way they want to go, that is evident,that is the only way to provide new content if there are no new carts. They are either providing it or not...can't be both. And their actions have said it all...remember actions speak louder than words.

Then there is the open ended part regarding a newer Imagine in the futue...Can't say...won't say...even though we have all seen the the patten request for a new machine with new technology that looks similar to the Cameo. Really? If PC thinks that as customers we are going to want to buy a new machine when they haven't been true to their word in supporting the Imagine or Gypsy...they have another thing coming. I won't buy another machine from them especially if it is digitally based and doesn't support the Imagine cartridges...and if they think I as a customer would buy digital content for the Imagine they are fooling themselves...Craftroom works inconsistently and has been a major fail in the last year. I have lost all faith and confidence in their ability to provide a product that will not be riddled with problems when they need to start pushing updates, as that is where all their problems started.

They have been unloading product right and left and only because it is fairly evident did they finally come clean to what we have all suspected for ages. From my perspective PC has missed the boat and is taking a potentially great product and forcing many of us to seek out other alternatives to achieve exactly want we want...print and cut capability. This is reason enough for me to spend my dollars elsewhere. The Cameo is looking pretty hot, plus I can use any image I want with SCAL or MTC...great selling points. I'm thinking PC made a critical error in alienating a huge customer base...and all they had to do was fix the issues they created in the first place.

Oh the funny thing is they didn't bother post this on facebook...seems to me they don't want word getting out.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:39:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users thanked LazyBee for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/25/2012(UTC), IrishDancer on 10/25/2012(UTC), K.Dee :o) on 10/25/2012(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 10/27/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/28/2012(UTC), SoniaScrapAlot on 11/19/2012(UTC)
Shadow Offline
#42 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:06:53 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 206 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nathan Go to Quoted Post
Currently we do not have any plans for new cartridges. We do have several ideas in the works, but are watching the demand and market.

Regular Cricut cartridges will continue to work in the Cricut Imagine as well.

I wouldn't spend too much time watching the demand and market Nathan, because in my opinion, PC have just shot themselves in the foot. Abandoning a machine that was only launched 2 years ago !!! Where's the sense in that eh? As for consumables being available from Cricut.com - as you well know, we in the UK have had a raw deal from the onset - WE CAN'T BUY FROM CRICUT.COM - or have you conveniently forgotten that fact!

As for watching the market - I for one won't be buying any more PC products.

Thanks for the info - but too little too late IMO

P

Edited by user Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:09:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked Shadow for this useful post.
HyacinthBucket on 10/25/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/28/2012(UTC), crazycardcreator on 11/10/2012(UTC)
HyacinthBucket Offline
#43 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 4:11:37 AM(UTC)
HyacinthBucket

Was thanked: 374 time(s) in 257 post(s)
WELL WELL WELL! -

I don't know how you have the brass neck to admit (eventually) that the Imagine is OFFICIALLY discontinued! It is only a couple of days ago that Nathan DENIED that the I. would be discontinued.
I have the E - E2 - Imagine and Cricut Cake - the latter hasn't even been out of the box and you tell me that it is discontinued? I am in the UK - it is not easy to obtain blades/matts etc for the Imagine/Cake - and I reckon within a couple of months they will be non existent in the UK. I haven't updated my Imagine for over a year because of all the problems with the updates - so I will not be able to use compatible inks. The Imagine was purchased for me by my daughter & son-in-law as a Mother of the Bride gift and is even more special to me because of that. It was purchased in the US - so no warranty - that's another thing that stinks!
You guys just seem to bring out new machines with a big marketing hype - we - your LOYAL customers - rush out and buy them and within a few months massive problems started to arise which obviously Provocraft were unable to put right. So what do you do? You discontinue the machine - and you bring out another - sheer disgrace Cursing Cursing I fail to understand how anyone can THANK Nathan for putting out this abominable statement!! Get a life PLEASE!

You have published an official statement - so here now is mine

I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER PROVOCRAFT MACHINE Good riddance Provocraft!
 7 users thanked HyacinthBucket for this useful post.
IrishDancer on 10/25/2012(UTC), Shadow on 10/25/2012(UTC), Moxy77 on 10/25/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/28/2012(UTC), BJR on 10/31/2012(UTC), crazycardcreator on 11/10/2012(UTC)
Shadow Offline
#44 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 4:38:15 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

WOW - well said Linda. Couldn't agree more.

We in the UK, and international markets, have always had a raw deal by this company - can't buy from Cricut.com etc etc and the endless excuses why we pay extortionate prices for the same machines available in the US.

I think the word most of us are looking for is KARMA - and i'm not sure I spelt it correctly, but you all know what I mean.

I've got rid of my Imagine and all its consumables, but my heart goes out to all you folks who are stuck with this paperweight because sure as day follows night, consumables will dry up and you will be left high and dry.

Pauline
IrishDancer Offline
#45 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:03:02 AM(UTC)
IrishDancer

Ireland

Was thanked: 552 time(s) in 273 post(s)
Originally Posted by: loisglossip82c86459 Go to Quoted Post
My gypsy crashed after an update, the only recourse PC offered me was that I could buy a new one and they would link my carts to it from my old gypsy. I am very disappointed with this company.

Seriously? That's how they handle that? THEIR software causes THEIR machine to FAIL and WE have to REPLACE it? WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS PRACTICE IS THAT?? But according to Nathan:

Nathan wrote:
•Is it necessary to update my Cricut Imagine® machine?

•Yes. Updates are available by running the Cricut® Sync Software program each month after our Hello Thursday announcement.

•Keeping your Cricut Imagine machine up to date will unlock all the latest features your machine has to offer!

Ok, so let me get this perfectly clear:

I need to update my machine so that the update can possibly brick my machine which then Provocraft will then tell me to buy a new one, that is getting extremely difficult to find.

Did I miss anything? No? Ok, so then my final questions to PC, since they're not answering any more of our questions regarding the Imagine (but I'll try anyway), are these:

Why should I spend any more of my money on your products if you can't stand behind them? If you have no confidence in them, why should I?
 5 users thanked IrishDancer for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/25/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 10/27/2012(UTC), BJR on 10/31/2012(UTC), crazycardcreator on 11/10/2012(UTC)
LuvMyCricut Offline
#46 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 6:18:06 AM(UTC)
LuvMyCricut

Was thanked: 464 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Well after 6+ months of rumors about the Imagine being discontinued PC finally confirms the rumors were true. I for one am done buying anything that has the ProvoCraft name on it. This company has no business ethics and no respect for customer loyalty. I have both the Imagine and the Cake and will continue to use them until they no longer work but PC will never get another $1 from me going forward.

I bought a Silhouette Cameo and love it and love the responsiveness of their customer service. Inquiries are answered within 24 hours, what a concept. I am done with ProvoCraft and it is unbelievable how bad this company has fallen. PC machines don't work as advertised, software updates fry your machines and the company is poorly run.

3 users thanked LuvMyCricut for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/25/2012(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 10/27/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/28/2012(UTC)
unregistered Offline
#47 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 6:25:03 AM(UTC)
unregistered

Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Quote:
Is the Cameo really that great?

I for one would not appreciate buying content and being told what I am and what I'm not allowed to do with it. Copyrights? Permits? Umm... no thanks.

I agree - I think some the Cricut restrictions on what you can do with things is the pits.

Sounds like the Cameo's are flying off the shelves! I have seen some great prices starting to show up. Craft Vinyl had it for $215 yesterday, with free shipping! WoW!
 1 user thanked unregistered for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/25/2012(UTC)
Shadow Offline
#48 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 6:57:33 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Yes, the CAMEO is Great - and I can vouch for that. The Customer Services are absolutely 5 star - as someone else has said - 24 hour response - and no "we;re getting round to it" comments!

You are able to use Silhouette software or purchase another 3rd party software but really - it's sooooooo easy, and I'm no computer buff

I'm delighted with mine - just wish I hadn't wasted money on the Imagine in the first place Blushing

Pauline x
Cottage Rose Offline
#49 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:16:40 AM(UTC)
Cottage Rose

Was thanked: 229 time(s) in 152 post(s)
"THANK YOU, NATHAN"?????? R E A L L Y ? ? ? ?[/b]
And you're thanking him for exactly WHAT? Blowing you off for months? FINALLY admitting the truth, that had leaked out months ago? Letting us unknowingly buy Imagine cart's not knowing the dang thing would be discontinued soon, virtually USELESS after updates, carts would be clearanced soon...??????

PC has been blowing rose-colored smoke up our a$&*()&*()'s LONG ENOUGH!!! But yet, I guarantee if they came out with a new machine tomorrow, they'd buffalo tons of people into buying it! WISE UP, EVERYONE!!!!!!

[b]I'M DONE!!
Cursing Cursing Cursing
 3 users thanked Cottage Rose for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/25/2012(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 10/27/2012(UTC), crazycardcreator on 11/10/2012(UTC)
TatianaBelova Offline
#50 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:19:57 AM(UTC)
TatianaBelova

Was thanked: 2512 time(s) in 1440 post(s)
I am not sure if we are supposed to talk about Cameo here. I don't have the I, but have E and Mini (still in the box), and love my Gypsy (that I am scared to update for over a year).

I have the Cameo and love it to pieces. What I also love if you do a research you'll find at least dozen of websites that provide free cutting files weekly, just go and collect them, I have a huge library of free files already. You can shares files with your friends whenever you want, just attaching in email. Cameo allows you using anyone's files, not just theirs.

Tatiana
 1 user thanked TatianaBelova for this useful post.
HyacinthBucket on 10/27/2012(UTC)
mickyminx Offline
#51 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:02:01 AM(UTC)
mickyminx

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I also have a cameo and a 15" black cat cougar, i love all my machines, they all do different things, i must admit thought that i didn't pay anywhere near the full price for any of my provocraft machines or cartridges so its no biggy if they end up being paper weights.

micky
 1 user thanked mickyminx for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/26/2012(UTC)
NLGirl Offline
#52 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:14:40 PM(UTC)
NLGirl

Canada

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 117 post(s)
I've been doing searches hoping that I will find someone who finds a repair fix for the permanent not cutting problem with the Imagine.
I've been told that there is no fix for it, it has all zeros in the third row of version number. This apparently is the death sign.
I know we had been told the same thing when Gypsy breaks but lately people have been getting them repaired by electronics repair shops. This got me thinking and wondering if a tech savvy person could get into it and find a fix for the Imagine. Anyone have a clue on where to start looking in the I?
Perhaps PC have given up on trying to help us fix the problem and to get us to go away they have to tell us it can't be fixed.
What exactly is the four zeros all about and what causes the Imagine to stop cutting?
I didn't want to give up hope that an update would eventually fix the problem but when you mention the zeros it's pretty much the kiss of death, why?
LeslieZee Offline
#53 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:51:35 PM(UTC)
LeslieZee

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 53 post(s)
I am truly speechless. I feel like a bride left at the altar after a two year engagement!

I don't know who is in charge of your marketing but I would strongly suggest getting a replacement. Provo Craft has made so many strange decisions in the past year that one would suspect a deliberate sabotage was taking place. Why are you deliberately trying to destroy your customer base?

You have to realize that with this betrayal, trust in Provo Craft products is completely lost. Trust that is betrayed is very difficult to win back. Why should I have confidence that the Imagine will continue to be supported when it hasn't been supported for the last year as proven by the constant lack of updates that actually work for the Imagine with Craftroom, or worse yet actually fry the machine.

What you owe to each and every Imagine owner is a replacement machine like the E2 and a big coupon for free carts to make up for all the Imagine ones that will be rendered useless once our current machines finally die.

Please give me one good reason why I should stay with PC and not just sell off all my original carts and cut my loses. I really need to know how you plan to address this because right now, I do NOT feel like a valued customer. Instead, I feel like the victim of a con game.
 4 users thanked LeslieZee for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/26/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 10/27/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/28/2012(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#54 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 6:21:07 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1802 time(s) in 857 post(s)
Nathan, I posted this question to you over a month ago.......
http://www.cricut.com/fo...-issues.aspx#post1538479

Discontinuing production of the Imagine doesn't relieve PC from the promises they made Imagine buyers. I want to know when this promise will be met? We were promised the ability to print and cut composite images from original cartridges. This was promised when the the Imagine was debuted. When will this commitment be met? If this commitment isn't going to be met then how does PC plan to compensate Imagine owners for this feature?

Here is a cut and paste of my question posted a month ago:

Composite Images on the Imagine:

Will the imagine ever be able to perform the layering and cutting of composite images as promised when the imagine was released? It was promised that this would be a a feature added to the Gypsy:

Item 4:

http://www.tammyskinner....nal-details-for-now.html

4) Yes, you will be able to print out a composite image from Original Cricut cartridges by coloring the layers and combining (welding) them on a Gypsy. This will be enabled in a near future update to the Gypsy.

If this can't be done, then how does PC plan to compensate Imagine owners since some/many of us purchased the machine for this feature?

Edited by user Friday, October 26, 2012 6:35:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
K.Dee :o) on 10/25/2012(UTC), Shadow on 10/26/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 10/27/2012(UTC), BJR on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Mannzlady Offline
#55 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:58:20 PM(UTC)
Mannzlady

Was thanked: 101 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Quote:
Can I purchase HP ink cartridges for my Cricut Imagine® machine?
Yes. The following HP ink cartridges will work with the Cricut Imagine machine when updated to firmware version 123 and content version 35:
Tri-color: 97, 134, 344 Black: 98, 129, 377

So, does this mean that the OLD ink carts won't work in the machine AFTER the update or will the OLD ink carts and the NEW ink carts work. I don't want to stock up on OLD ink carts and then be stuck with them and have to buy NEW ones.
I looked up the Tricolor 134 and it's $43.97 at Walmart - that is really high!!
 1 user thanked Mannzlady for this useful post.
KathyRoscoe Offline
#56 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 4:16:55 AM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 249 post(s)
From Nathan's post:

We will continue to support the Cricut Imagine machine as it was designed to work as a standalone machine. There have been updates made to Cricut Craft Room that have improved the Cricut Imagine connection issues and we encourage you to try it out.

I don't get it! First sentence says Imagine is standalone. Second sentence says updates have been made to CCR.

Which one is is? Or, have I just misunderstood this whole thing?

2 users thanked KathyRoscoe for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 10/26/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC)
Shadow Offline
#57 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 5:14:07 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Just remember one thing: To be a good liar you have to have a good memory!

I rest my case
 2 users thanked Shadow for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 10/26/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC)
Scrapperdee Offline
#58 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 6:03:45 AM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4138 time(s) in 2374 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KathyRoscoe Go to Quoted Post
From Nathan's post:

We will continue to support the Cricut Imagine machine as it was designed to work as a standalone machine. There have been updates made to Cricut Craft Room that have improved the Cricut Imagine connection issues and we encourage you to try it out.

I don't get it! First sentence says Imagine is standalone. Second sentence says updates have been made to CCR.

Which one is is? Or, have I just misunderstood this whole thing?

That's what I can't figure out...its a standalone but continue to UPDATE through CCR & no new 'cartridges' but future content could be supplied through CCR. I must be dumb - how is that standalone? Standalone is WHY we purchased our cricuts in the FIRST place - we didn't (and don't) want to be tethered to a computer.

1 user thanked Scrapperdee for this useful post.
dailyscrapper Offline
#59 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 6:05:09 AM(UTC)
dailyscrapper

Was thanked: 192 time(s) in 101 post(s)
Nathan - You need to understand that it has been said MANY times over that the Imagine will be able to weld and cut properly with CCR and the gypsy. It still does not work for lots of people. Don't be so high and mighty as to think those statements were not printed so as to prove FALSE ADVERTING. This was not sold as simply a STAND ALONE MACHINE. Better get yourself a compensation package ready for all the imagine owners. Your false advertising will bite you legally. Hum KARMA much for MTC and SCAL. What goes around comes around.
 2 users thanked dailyscrapper for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/26/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC)
Friend240 Offline
#60 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 6:10:42 AM(UTC)
Friend240

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I don't believe I've ever posted to this forum; or, if I did, it was years ago. But after reading this man's statement and the responses, I felt compelled to reply.

Nathan (whoever you are), you need to wake up and really read what these people are saying. I have made one major purchase from PC ~ my Cricut Expression. I have not bought another machine since then, because of situations just like this one. If you looked past the nose on your face, you would have seen that you had a goldmine with the Cricut Expression ~ a machine that has no kinks and you plan to continue to produce. All you had to do is allow consumers to use the 3rd party software to cut anything they chose off the internet. Your Expressions would continue to be sold, and you could have gone in the business of selling svg files in addition to your cartridges. Who cares that PC was not the creator of this software that allowed consumers to use the machine to the fullest. While making this easy money selling Expressions and files that the third-party software could cut, you could have taken the time to research and produce GOOD machines that were worth buying. The reputation your company earned and deserved years ago would have remained intact.

But, in my opinion, PC got greedy. Not only did they sue the 3rd party software makers and prevented their "loyal" customers from using this software and limiting their machines, BUT they continue to produce CRAP, sell that CRAP to customers who want to believe in them, and then announce that they are discontinuing the CRAP and the support of that CRAP (after thousands have purchased it).

Now the Cameos (and similar machines) are flying off the shelves! WHY? Because the creators of those machines SAW THE BIG PICTURE. They have produced a machine and allow their customers to use it to the fullest. They respect the fact that their customers are creative and should be able to use all resources available to them. They encourage their consumers to use third-party software, BECAUSE THEY STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT AND THEIR CONSUMERS.

I feel sorry for you PC supporters who are actually THANKING this man for telling you that the hundreds of dollars you invested in CRAP (which PC obviously knew from the beginning was CRAP)and practically begging this man for a new way to throw away your money. Please open your eyes. THIS COMPANY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU ... JUST YOUR MONEY. I am flabbergasted that there are consumers out there who plan to continue to invest in a company that treats you that way. NOW, THAT'S CRAP. Crying

Edited by user Friday, October 26, 2012 6:36:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Correct Typos

6 users thanked Friend240 for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/26/2012(UTC), NLGirl on 10/26/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 10/27/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/28/2012(UTC), calla23 on 10/31/2012(UTC)