Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ScrapinGranny Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 11:17:46 AM(UTC)
ScrapinGranny

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I was just at my Walmart in Northern WI. The only scrapbooking stuff they had was the lite cards, some stickers, some plain blah albums and a little adhesive and knives and refill blades.

I wanted to get a new black pen for scrapbooking. What a disapointment. Since my nearest Michaels is about 1 1/2 hours away and Joanns is about 3 hours and Hobby Lobby even farther....yikes!!!

It feels as if I am going back to the days when I first started scraping when I could only buy stuff when we were on a trip or vacation. At least now there are lots of on-line stores....but the postage on a pen would probably triple the cost. Luckly I will be going to southern WI next week-end and can hopefully hit a craft store.
scrapbug Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 11:21:54 AM(UTC)
scrapbug

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 47 post(s)
The wal mart that I go to in Maine has just recently got in all new scrapbook stuff, both sides of the aisle is full. I am glad because the wal mart here in NB don't have much.
MamasScrappin Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 11:46:31 AM(UTC)
MamasScrappin

Was thanked: 694 time(s) in 631 post(s)
Mine is the same way. Nothing really to look at. The one farther down had loads of scrapping stuff and now they don't carry one single item. I used to like going to the one farther out even though it was in a not-so-great neighborhood, but they used to have lots of stuff to look at!!
foltzy Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 12:09:15 PM(UTC)
foltzy

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Mine has very little. No Cartridges at all. Nothing Cricut. Some paper, some albums, some stickers, and that's about it.

I shop a lot on line for scrapbooking things because I don't get to the city very often. The city though has a M's, a J's and a A.C. Moore all within 15 minutes of each other. They use to have a Ben Franklin too but they closed.
ShawnMosch Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 12:11:38 PM(UTC)
ShawnMosch

Was thanked: 854 time(s) in 292 post(s)
ScrapinGranny wrote:
I was just at my Walmart in Northern WI. The only scrapbooking stuff they had was the lite cards, some stickers, some plain blah albums and a little adhesive and knives and refill blades.

That is better than what we have at our Walmart . . . NOTHING! They got rid of EVERYTHING CRICUT! I found out after the Lites came out . . . I went to the Walmart to check it out. They turned the entire crafting area into a tv/electronics area and now there is only one aisle of crafting stuff TOTAL in the entire store! And it is just the stuff like colored pipe cleaners and foam shapes, colored pencils . . . you know the "kids crafts" kind of stuff. I was so upset! Now I have to start going to Walmarts in other towns to try and find any of the Lite carts.

(sorry . . . guess I am still really upset at the Walmart manager who thought that getting rid of everything Cricut was a good idea!) Mad
amandac1 Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 12:12:08 PM(UTC)
amandac1

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
My WM never has been very good. They do have the Lite cartridges though.

I'm kinda sad b/c I just a got an email that the LSS is closing. We do have M's, J's and Hobby Lobby is opening here in a couple months. I guess I'll either have to go to the LSS 40 mins away or order online.
britngavin Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:23:02 PM(UTC)
britngavin

Was thanked: 115 time(s) in 81 post(s)
ShawnMosch wrote:
That is better than what we have at our Walmart . . . NOTHING! They got rid of EVERYTHING CRICUT! I found out after the Lites came out . . . I went to the Walmart to check it out. They turned the entire crafting area into a tv/electronics area and now there is only one aisle of crafting stuff TOTAL in the entire store! And it is just the stuff like colored pipe cleaners and foam shapes, colored pencils . . . you know the "kids crafts" kind of stuff. I was so upset! Now I have to start going to Walmarts in other towns to try and find any of the Lite carts.

(sorry . . . guess I am still really upset at the Walmart manager who thought that getting rid of everything Cricut was a good idea!) Mad

Check by the stationary. They did the same thing to my store when they remodeled. Turned the old crafts dept area into electronics/tv/etc... the little bit of scrapbooking they kept was moved up right by the cards and the party supplies. Literally, in my store, it's cards, 2 aisles of party supplies, the scrapbooking/cricut stuff, and then more party supplies and photo albums...
Di&Co Online
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:30:46 PM(UTC)
Di&Co

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 21222 time(s) in 5277 post(s)
My Wallys just got rid of all the fabric and sewing stuff. Got rid of a lot of the crafting stuff last year. So there's just a bit left.
jdandi Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:34:09 PM(UTC)
jdandi

Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 111 post(s)
ScrapinGranny wrote:

Yep mine too. My Wally has only like side of a shelf that is about 6 feet long. They have nothing!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:53:34 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1464 time(s) in 1167 post(s)
I feel your pain. My Wally's have very little, and less and less all the time.

J's isn't very big, so not much of a selection.

M's, Archivers, Crafter's Warehouse, HL are all about an hour away, and I don't get to them very often.
Penguin Collector Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 4:45:50 PM(UTC)
Penguin Collector

United States

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 147 post(s)
Same story here--my WM has very little to choose from--just some stickers, Lite carts, some adhesives, some albums and refills & Cricut stuff--how sad! I have M's & HL close by. Smile The closest LSS employs people that are not very knowledgeable, so I rarely go there... I rarely order on line for 2 reasons--1. I have to wait for my stuff. 2. I can't find one with low shipping costs. I have a huge stash & don't need to order $50.00 worth of stuff at once...Sad

Edited by user Sunday, September 26, 2010 5:25:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TinaW528 Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 4:49:21 PM(UTC)
TinaW528

Was thanked: 726 time(s) in 617 post(s)
I'm surprised how different the Wal-Marts are. One around me has a fair amount. Another has almost nothing. I thought they would all carry the Lites. I feel bad for those of you who have a small selection and no other stores around.
♥Lynnette♥ Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 7:01:03 AM(UTC)
♥Lynnette♥

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Our WalMart recently remodeled and moved all the Cricut things to the party supplies aisle Confused I'm not sure what they were thinking but I am glad finally found it.

Edited by user Monday, September 27, 2010 7:01:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lylacfey Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 7:01:37 AM(UTC)
lylacfey

Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 251 post(s)
My WalMart still has fabric, thank gosh. There are a lot of ladies getting fabric cut so I hope it stays. I am one of those ladies. Smile

The scrapbooking section is pitiful. I am wondering when ProvoCraft and Elmer's got together and pushed Martha Stewart out of WalMart? BigGrin

The jewelry and yarn are not much better. It's not as pathetic as scrapbook. I keep going in scrapbook every week like a big miracle is going to happen and the punches came back.

kaleidoscope Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 7:07:25 AM(UTC)
kaleidoscope

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 195 post(s)
foltzy wrote:
Mine has very little. No Cartridges at all. Nothing Cricut. Some paper, some albums, some stickers, and that's about it.

I shop a lot on line for scrapbooking things because I don't get to the city very often. The city though has a M's, a J's and a A.C. Moore all within 15 minutes of each other. They use to have a Ben Franklin too but they closed.

I bet quite a few have closed over the years. Ben Franklin is a franchise. The two that were about half an hour from me (in opposite directions) closed years ago. I think they had the same owner and one closed awhile before the other. The other one I know of about 45 or so away is an Ace Hardware/Ben Franklin.
CraftDiva Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 12:48:46 PM(UTC)
CraftDiva

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I was visiting family in Northern WI and they had absolutely at the Ashland store. I know that I live in Manitowoc and they have about 6 feet of stuff, all of which is over priced. Where in Southern WI are you going. I might be able to help you find some stores :)
Mindy

ScrapinGranny wrote:

I wanted to get a new black pen for scrapbooking. What a disapointment. Since my nearest Michaels is about 1 1/2 hours away and Joanns is about 3 hours and Hobby Lobby even farther....yikes!!!

It feels as if I am going back to the days when I first started scraping when I could only buy stuff when we were on a trip or vacation. At least now there are lots of on-line stores....but the postage on a pen would probably triple the cost. Luckly I will be going to southern WI next week-end and can hopefully hit a craft store.

DianeD Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 12:50:58 PM(UTC)
DianeD

Was thanked: 986 time(s) in 689 post(s)
The WM in my city is also cutting back the scrapbook section.
ThisisJulz Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 1:04:40 PM(UTC)
ThisisJulz

Was thanked: 161 time(s) in 122 post(s)
TinaW528 wrote:
I'm surprised how different the Wal-Marts are. One around me has a fair amount. Another has almost nothing.

CarolS Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 1:08:21 PM(UTC)
CarolS

United States

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 50 post(s)
ShawnMosch wrote:

Actually the local Walmart manager has no say so in it. It's done at headquarters for Walmart and pretty much runs the gambit nationwide when it happens. They have a rotation calendar as to where they start (which store) and where they end when it is all finish a year later.
TSHREVE Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 1:22:32 PM(UTC)
TSHREVE

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 232 post(s)
My Walmart (5 minutes away) also cut out 80% of the scrapbooking. We have very little now. And they NEVER got the NEW Cricut Lite carts in. So I asked the MGR what the heck was going on. He said that HQ made the decision NOT to carry much in the way of Scrapbooking and Cricut b/c sales in that dept for this store was a little too low and b/c there is another Walmart close by/ so I drove over to Cape Coral (the next closest Walmart about 20 minutes away) and they have a great Scrapbook section and they ARE carrying the Cricut Lite carts.

Also I called Walmart HQ and talked to a very nice woman and this is what she said: HQ makes the decision based on sales and the fact that they didn't feel the need to fully stock the SB dept in two stores that are so close in proximity. So they picked the store in Cape Coral to have the bigger SB section b/c their sales in that dept were HIGHER than my store. So it's not that our sales were soooooo low.......they based it on the fact that the stores were so close/ which store had higher sales.

SO THATS THEIR STORY AND THEY ARE STICKING TO IT. HA HA

Edited by user Monday, September 27, 2010 1:24:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified